1. Post #4201
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,574 Posts
    I can't stand 3 Dog. I liked him at first but it's just constant "Did you here what that kid from Vault 101 did today?" "Man that Vault 101 kid sure is an asshole for blowing up Megaton!" "Did you here the Vault Dweller took out the facility at Raven Rock, you go kid!"

Shut up!

Mr. New Vegas only mentions you twice in the game. The first when he mentions that you survived a gunshot to the head, and if you stop the monorail attack he compliments "an external advisor".

Edited:

I guess not alot happens in the wastes. Just the same old full scale war between and infinite supply of super mutants and an infinite supply of power-armor donning trained BOS paladins with the Enclave somewhere in the mix.

Although I imagine its actually because they wanted the player to feel like their actions meant something, and its always nice to hear your character being talked about (preferably like a legend) in video games, although they did overdo it quite a bit.
    IMO games REALLY need to get away from "The player is the bestest, most important person in the world and everyone should worship them" mindset. It's becoming repetative and annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #4202
    February 2012
    2,837 Posts
    Even through I hate Three Dog I find it way creepier when his replacement takes over....the creepypasta that goes along with the story didn't help either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

3. Post #4203
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,335 Posts
    Mr. NV. 3 Dog may sound a little goofy at times, but Mr. NV slurs his speech every time he talks, and saying stuff like "You're nobody 'til somebody loves you, and that somebody is me. I love you." isn't suave or gentlemanly, he just sounds like a creepy stalker. At least 3 Dog doesn't confess his love to everyone who listens to his radio regularly.
    Both suck anyways. RNV sucks due to the whole weird shit it says(it is an AI), and not that good. However, it doesn't report on you 24/7 and complain about how you sabotaged the rockets that the ghouls were using. I mean, the only direct reference to you recovering from getting shot in the head, otherwise, it just says an alert citizen preventing a bomb from going off in the NCR monorail or how the NCR misfits are the top of their unit now. The references to you are mostly civilian contractor, alert citizen, or an unknown assailant.

GNR is more funny, although the whole "101 is the best damn person ever, thank you for leaving the vault," then "that little shit from the vault killed a poor defenseless woman and sold her violin, fuck you vault asshole," will be annoying. Same with "that little bastard/bitch should not be alive, fuck you 101,"
    and then "thank you to saint 101 for disarming the bomb in Megaton." Of course, since the news before you arrived were mutants attacking, raiders attack, slavers, and later on, Enclave attacking, it is better, for a few minutes. Maybe report on some other things, like the Outcast attacking the GNR building, or a possible threat to the D.C Ruins.

But like I said, both hosts suck. One is a stalker and one won't shut up about you.

About the Pitt(don't know the name on who was pissed off), it was    supposed to be grey/grey morality. You could kidnap the baby and give it to the slaves, but they don't have the proper medical equipment and might not care for her. Plus, you just traded one tyrant for another. On the other hand, you could leave the baby with her parents and screw over the slaves, but the baby's parents know what they are doing and would put her safety first over getting the cure.   

But yes, the Pitt was 2nd worse(or first, depending on OA).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4204
    February 2012
    2,837 Posts
    Both suck anyways. RNV sucks due to the whole weird shit it says(it is an AI), and not that good. However, it doesn't report on you 24/7 and complain about how you sabotaged the rockets that the ghouls were using. I mean, the only direct reference to you recovering from getting shot in the head, otherwise, it just says an alert citizen preventing a bomb from going off in the NCR monorail or how the NCR misfits are the top of their unit now. The references to you are mostly civilian contractor, alert citizen, or an unknown assailant.

GNR is more funny, although the whole "101 is the best damn person ever, thank you for leaving the vault," then "that little shit from the vault killed a poor defenseless woman and sold her violin, fuck you vault asshole," will be annoying. Same with "that little bastard/bitch should not be alive, fuck you 101,"
    and then "thank you to saint 101 for disarming the bomb in Megaton." Of course, since the news before you arrived were mutants attacking, raiders attack, slavers, and later on, Enclave attacking, it is better, for a few minutes. Maybe report on some other things, like the Outcast attacking the GNR building, or a possible threat to the D.C Ruins.

But like I said, both hosts suck. One is a stalker and one won't shut up about you.

About the Pitt(don't know the name on who was pissed off), it was    supposed to be grey/grey morality. You could kidnap the baby and give it to the slaves, but they don't have the proper medical equipment and might not care for her. Plus, you just traded one tyrant for another. On the other hand, you could leave the baby with her parents and screw over the slaves, but the baby's parents know what they are doing and would put her safety first over getting the cure.   

There was a mod that let you devoured the baby in return for super powers, I choose that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #4205
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,432 Posts
    I can't stand 3 Dog. I liked him at first but it's just constant "Did you here what that kid from Vault 101 did today?" "Man that Vault 101 kid sure is an asshole for blowing up Megaton!" "Did you here the Vault Dweller took out the facility at Raven Rock, you go kid!"

Shut up!

Mr. New Vegas only mentions you twice in the game. The first when he mentions that you survived a gunshot to the head, and if you stop the monorail attack he compliments "an external advisor".

Edited:

IMO games REALLY need to get away from "The player is the bestest, most important person in the world and everyone should worship them" mindset. It's becoming repetative and annoying.
    It made me feel really important whenever Three Dog mentioned my mayhem on the radio
    Apocalyptic ego.

I full out fucking unleashed a nuke upon the land in Lonesome Road and when I got back Mister NV didn't even mention a word of it it.
    It makes my work seem all the more special when everybody is scared of me.

Other than the player nobody else in the map seems to be doing very much
    "And now time for the news! this just in, NPC sat in same spot for 9 hours today"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #4206
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    That's one of the mild beauties of New Vegas. There's more effort (or should i say any effort at all) in creating the illusion that you're not the only active person in the wastes. I'm talking about all of the faction conflicts out there. Even though they neeed you to solve it, they still, by use of smoke and mirrors, seem active without your involvement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4207
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,950 Posts
    Because people post here, weird I know, people liking Fallout.
    geez I didn't mean to be hostile, I love Fallout and am glad that this thread is still alive.It's just weird how there are tons of these threads and they die really quickly(with quite some exceptions of course)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #4208
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts

Shut up!

Edited:

Actually, he mentions you a more than that, for example when you stop the assassination on the president/resolve the issue at Boulder City.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4209
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,439 Posts
    I was playing around with face maps and I got this:

What do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

10. Post #4210
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,145 Posts
    they should do player characters like in Planescape: Torment. like, you could be the biggest bastard in the world, but ultimately it was your choice how sympathetic your character was when they did bad things. you constructed the guy you wanted to play as, then you told his story how you wanted to.

there needs to be a Fallout game like that, something genuinely character-driven, where your character is built through optional installments to construct who you want to play as. RPGs these days don't seem to pick up on anything other than giving you two to three polar opposite actions and asking you to choose, so you get less invested in the world. if Fallout could do something like that, and do it well, I'd be playing it for years on end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4211
    March 2011
    3,663 Posts
    I've been taking urine intravenously the whole time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #4212
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    In F3 And NV I found there are not enough inhabited Vaults :/

I mean in F3 you have 101, but that was really only used for an opening, and the other inhabited Vault everyone is in a simulation pod..

In NV there was only the one inhabited by fiends right? (Its been a while..)

I would really like to see a more open vault where you could go in and trade with the residents and whatnot. For a while I was working on something like that, but it all took place in metro tunnels. I actually finished a lot of work on it in terms of scenery, 75% of the tunnels were complete (Including the stations that were turned into cities) but I could never find anyone who could do quest building or the like so I stopped... Too bad.. The concept of underground civilization is really cool, especially in Fallout.
    Wasn't there a quote in one of the games that said "The Vaults were never made to save anybody"

Vaults were just experiments set up pre-war by a cooperation between VaultTech and the United States Government. They were designed to have various types of unique situations and failures and the data of how people reacted was going to be used by the Enclave when they move to Mara (or were going to move to Mars, until You blew them up in FO2 and later in FO3)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #4213
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,652 Posts

I wonder if this would be fitting when living in a vault.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #4214
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,436 Posts
    geez I didn't mean to be hostile, I love Fallout and am glad that this thread is still alive.It's just weird how there are tons of these threads and they die really quickly(with quite some exceptions of course)
    Yeah I don't know how these threads have made it this long either, especially since it's been almost 2 years since New Vegas was released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #4215
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,091 Posts
    Wasn't there a quote in one of the games that said "The Vaults were never made to save anybody"
    I believe that was from that Penny Arcade comic about Fallout.

16. Post #4216
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    I believe that was from that Penny Arcade comic about Fallout.
    But wasn't it commissioned by Bethesda? The guy's suit can be found ingame, along with a message that tells his colleague about the suit giving him the creeps, and telling him to burn it.

Well, easter egg or offical, its pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4217
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,772 Posts
    Idk if anyone here knew about it, but in the Skyrim thread, i asked users to post rules that i could play the game by to make sort of a "let's play"-ish thing. Well, the whole thing was drowned in technical issues and general boredness of skyrim, so I want to start up something similar here.

I'll be playing vanilla Fallout 3 (which i havent played in a year or two), and I want the members of FP to give me restrictions to play by. Multiple restrictions per person are fine, just know if it's something ridiculous (ONLY WALK IN 30 METER SEGMENTS) I'll either ignore it or forget to do it. I'll cut off the restrictions a bit before i decide to play it, which will probably be Friday night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #4218
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    Every time you hear "patrolling the mojave makes me wish for a nuclear winter" you must kill that npc.

My face when you're playing fallout 3 and not new vegas

uhhh shit.

ok ok I got an

idea

every time you hear butcher pete on the radio, you have to equip a cleaver and kill everything with no clothes on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #4219
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    Every time Johnny Guitar comes on, steal/kill everything in sight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4220
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,772 Posts
    Every time you hear "patrolling the mojave makes me wish for a nuclear winter" you must kill that npc.

uhhh shit.

ok ok I got an

idea

every time you hear butcher pete on the radio, you have to equip a cleaver and kill everything with no clothes on
    If I don't have a cleaver, then what? Just attack shit?

21. Post #4221
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    Find a cleaver as soon as possible, if you get caught without one your bare hands will suffice, but you still must be naked, and if you do a voiced let's play you have to drop what you were saying and begin singing along in falsetto
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #4222
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,772 Posts
    Find a cleaver as soon as possible, if you get caught without one your bare hands will suffice, but you still must be naked, and if you do a voiced let's play you have to drop what you were saying and begin singing along in falsetto
    nigga i dont even know who falsetto is

Edited:

also, the reason im not doing NV is because ive played that game into the dirt (still do), and i want to commentate on something i havent explored every corner of.

23. Post #4223
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,978 Posts
    It made me feel really important whenever Three Dog mentioned my mayhem on the radio
    Apocalyptic ego.

I full out fucking unleashed a nuke upon the land in Lonesome Road and when I got back Mister NV didn't even mention a word of it it.
    It makes my work seem all the more special when everybody is scared of me.

Other than the player nobody else in the map seems to be doing very much
    "And now time for the news! this just in, NPC sat in same spot for 9 hours today"
    Three Dog was such a stalker I'm surprised he never commented on my use of the wait function and how I stood next to him for 9 hours straight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #4224
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    nigga i dont even know who falsetto is
    Sing in a fake high pitched voice.

Like I know you do in the shower every night.

I've got pictures bay bay mmmh mmh mhhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

25. Post #4225
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,772 Posts
    Sing in a fake high pitched voice.

Like I know you do in the shower every night.

I've got pictures bay bay mmmh mmh mhhh
    I'll do everything but sing hahaha

26. Post #4226
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    Then speak the lyrics in a flat monotone voice.

A high pitched falsetto monotone voice.

27. Post #4227
    nox
    March 2007
    2,219 Posts
    I would love to see Fallout 4 with some sort of death penalty system such as respawning in the nearest discovered medical facility with a percent of your caps or gear missing. I just never feel too threatened given the fact that I can always reload from a save a few minutes ago. I bet there's a mod like that somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

28. Post #4228
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    You can only upgrade the "Barter Skill"

If you surpass the point where it can no longer be upgraded, switch to "Unarmed"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

29. Post #4229
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    Don't use any chems and meds other than whisky, jet, and water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4230
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    You can only upgrade the "Barter Skill"

If you surpass the point where it can no longer be upgraded, switch to "Unarmed"
    Your tag skills will be barter, unarmed, and repair.

31. Post #4231
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    so I might be writing a literary essay on fallout. primarily new vegas, since I'm most familiar with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

32. Post #4232
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,772 Posts
    Don't use any chems and meds other than whisky, jet, and water.
    Come on dude, I already finished Max Payne 3

:V   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

33. Post #4233
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,373 Posts
    i will be attempting to use this character and kill everything hostile with melee weapons/unarmed. mostly blades.

progress has been made. time for the feast.

and a last meal to strengthen me for tomarrow when i get to nipton
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

34. Post #4234
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,135 Posts
    are there any third person to first person animation mods like in skyrim or oblivion?

35. Post #4235
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Come on dude, I already finished Max Payne 3

:V   
    If you find a Deathclaw you must fight him with a pool club.

36. Post #4236
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,335 Posts

uhhh shit.

ok ok I got an

idea

The annoyance with the NPCs in F3 was them saying this:

"Yes that's locked and yes, I see you eyeing it."
    "Touch that, and we're gonna have a problem."
    "Don't you dare steal that." But I just slightly looked at....
    "If you steal that, I will kill you."

But most things can piss you off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #4237
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,980 Posts

The thing that pissed me off about Three-Dog is that when you have Broken Steel installed, he acts like you've already beaten the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #4238
    October 2008
    3,985 Posts
    are there any third person to first person animation mods like in skyrim or oblivion?
    Wait what? I don't know. But I would love to see one of those for Skyrim.

39. Post #4239
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,135 Posts
    Wait what? I don't know. But I would love to see one of those for Skyrim.
    there is one but bow aiming is glitched

40. Post #4240
    March 2011
    3,663 Posts

uhhh shit.

ok ok I got an

idea

So I was playing Fallout 3 today.
    Butcher pete came on when I exited a subway.
    Though I was only level 10, and expected the full tyranny of at least three talon mercs and an army of super mutants, I felt I had to do it.
    I hacked and whacked and smacked and used all my stimpack and when I was all done I found out I was in Dupont Circle. Raiders were closing in from all sides and the song was far from over. I wasn't expecting this song to come on at such a bad time, but I had one secret weapon. I had just been raping and pillaging over at Dukov's Place. I drank every last beer, inhaled all the jet, swallowed and injected every last drug I had collected throughout the entire game.
    In a blind, drunken fury, as naked as the game will allow, I ran across the street into a crumbling building, and onto the second story. I made sure no one could shoot into the windows, made sure there was only one point at which the raiders could enter, and finally, I picked up my trusty kitchen knife, for lack of a cleaver. As raiders poured around the corner, I swung and swung, the drugs allowing as many as four hits in a round, and when I ran out, I kept on swinging.
    Right before I ragdolled out the window, good ol' Roy Brown implored me to turn this record over. Alas, I could not, for I was going out in a flurry of fists, bullets and boards with nails in it. I'll bet Three Dog wouldn't have turned that record over, anyway.
    I swear, I would've done that if the game hadn't crashed when I left the subway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 17Winner Winner x 2 (list)