1) Oblivion and Fallout 3
    and
    2) Fallout 3 and New Vegas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

2. Post #7162
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,003 Posts
    I never really use companions or have them around, either they annoy me too much or i don't want them to do so i prefer to play alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #7163
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    Yes, very much so. If you're doing that, just edit the armor items directly (search "Enclave", the pieces should be easily identifiable). Then, just replace the values under "Male" (remember that the world model is the same as the bipod model but with "GO" at the end) and do all the stuff about the Biped List and Armor Addons and junk and it's all done.

Although the way I'm explaining it makes it seem really complex, when really it's just typing in values and most of them are common sense. It's just a matter of knowing what everything means and where everything is. I'm only really going into detail just in case there's something you (or someone else for that matter, assuming the tutorial applies to them) have a question about.
    Yes, well I tried that and got this:

Helmet shows the wrong texture (or rather what appears to be a 'missing texture' texture), despite the fact that it shows up correctly in FO3 GECK's preview. The armour itself seems to work well enough, if you ignore the not-entirely-working Enclave emblem that's suppose to be on the front.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

4. Post #7164
    White Male seeking K-Pop Harem
    January 2012
    3,008 Posts
    What's a fun faction to center a character around?

Right now I have a Midwest Brotherhood character, but I'd rather have one that is already in the Mojave.

Major or Minor faction, it doesn't matter.
    Bump, I'd like to switch things up with a theme so gimme a faction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #7165
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    be a lawless psychopathic bandit. kill everyone you meet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #7166
    January 2012
    3,008 Posts
    be a lawless psychopathic bandit. kill everyone you meet.
    I sense I would die very quickly, but its an idea I will write on the figurative chalkboard.

Since I have more perks on I do have Mister Sandman, a nice guy by day/serial killer by night is going through my head now.

7. Post #7167
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,094 Posts
    Yes, well I tried that and got this:

Helmet shows the wrong texture (or rather what appears to be a 'missing texture' texture), despite the fact that it shows up correctly in FO3 GECK's preview. The armour itself seems to work well enough, if you ignore the not-entirely-working Enclave emblem that's suppose to be on the front.
    I'd reckon the missing Enclave symbol is probably a missing texture, which means they probably had the Enclave symbol as a separate texture from the suit itself, but I can't confirm that. The helmet, however, wow. You might want to try archive invalidation if you haven't already, but if that doesn't work I'm gonna have to figure out exactly what else could've went wrong.

8. Post #7168
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    I'd reckon the missing Enclave symbol is probably a missing texture, which means they probably had the Enclave symbol as a separate texture from the suit itself, but I can't confirm that. The helmet, however, wow. You might want to try archive invalidation if you haven't already, but if that doesn't work I'm gonna have to figure out exactly what else could've went wrong.
    It might be a problem with my Fallout or something specifically, because a similar issue occurred with a mod (that did work for most if not all commenters on the Nexus) that changed the Outcasts' armour.

Edited:

It might be a problem with my Fallout or something specifically, because a similar issue occurred with a mod (that did work for most if not all commenters on the Nexus) that changed the Outcasts' armour.
    Turns out it was a problem of archive invalidation. Got it working just fine, so thanks for all your help Fhenexx:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

9. Post #7169
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    Any idea why the animations for certain guns (PDW types, it seems) in The Armory do this?

That's what it does when I hold Aim in third person. It's pretty terrible looking when not aiming as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

10. Post #7170
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    Any idea why the animations for certain guns (PDW types, it seems) in The Armory do this?

That's what it does when I hold Aim in third person. It's pretty terrible looking when not aiming as well.
    I'm guessing it's missing the hand-grip animations.

11. Post #7171
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    Another friend with same mod and animation pack says he isn't having problems.

12. Post #7172
    January 2012
    3,008 Posts
    Another friend with same mod and animation pack says he isn't having problems.
    Bad install or conflict.

13. Post #7173
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    Don't know about bad install, but I imagine the only possibly conflicting thing I could have is PN.

It's only happened so far to two weapons.

Edited:

When i'm actually firing them the animations seem to go to normal.

14. Post #7174
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    Except you can't enjoy a real Hardcore mode being stuck on PS3. You think its hardcore now, load up a few mods dedicated to making NV realistic.

That's why I bought FNV on the steam sale, even if I had it for 360. Totally worth it.
    CAN'T AFFORD NEW PC RIGHT NOW FOR THE 9000TH TIME.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

15. Post #7175
    January 2012
    3,008 Posts
    You don't have to buy a new PC, unless you don't have a PC in the first place. Just upgrade.

16. Post #7176
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts

You did install both the Rifle animation pack and the Pistol one, right?

Edited:

What are your specs, man? NV isn't a terribly taxing game (it just won't run on most integrated cards because lol Gamebryo)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

17. Post #7177
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    You did install both the Rifle animation pack and the Pistol one, right?
    ...good question.

I think I might not have gotten both... just not sure which one I missed.

18. Post #7178
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    ...good question.

I think I might not have gotten both... just not sure which one I missed.
    Just try reinstalling 'em both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #7179
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,976 Posts
    Could some of you fine gentlemen link me to some good weapon/armor mods?

I'm about to start a new character and i'd like to get my hoard gene on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

20. Post #7180
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,148 Posts
    Could some of you fine gentlemen link me to some good weapon/armor mods?

I'm about to start a new character and i'd like to get my hoard gene on.
    For which Fallout?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #7181
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,976 Posts
    For which Fallout?
    New Vegas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

22. Post #7182
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,134 Posts
    Anyone else having huge problems downloading from New Vegas Nexus? Not sure if its the same for the other sites. It just never finds the file you're trying to download and you get an error. Sometimes it shoots out the file you are trying to download but it's like 1 byte in size so it's broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #7183
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,094 Posts
    Turns out it was a problem of archive invalidation. Got it working just fine, so thanks for all your help Fhenexx:
    No problem at all!

By the way, if that Pip-Boy hand is bothering you (as it usually does with me, having two different gloves like that seems weird to me), you can remove it by going to the console, clicking yourself in third person, and then typing in "removeitem 00025b83". This gets rid of the Pip-Boy glove and lets you use the regular Remnant gloves instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #7184
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    You don't have to buy a new PC, unless you don't have a PC in the first place. Just upgrade.
    1gb ram ddr1
    3ghz single core p4
    x1600 radeon agp

it's a dell xps gen 2 so that means it has a mobo that's specifically built for the case, there's no way to replace it or the power supply.

the only way i can upgrade is to get/build a new one. which i'm in the process of doing just it's a low priority because a dumb new computer is a lot less important than other things and has been for a long time.

Edited:

so i have a question.

the guy in primm won't go back to his shop. what do i have to do to make him go back to the post office?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #7185
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    No problem at all!

By the way, if that Pip-Boy hand is bothering you (as it usually does with me, having two different gloves like that seems weird to me), you can remove it by going to the console, clicking yourself in third person, and then typing in "removeitem 00025b83". This gets rid of the Pip-Boy glove and lets you use the regular Remnant gloves instead.
    Already aware of that one, but thanks anyway.

26. Post #7186
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Oh god, I was helping my friend play Fallout 3 on the Xbox.

At level 8 he was still wearing the Vault 101 modified suit, at level 6 I had the Winterized T-51.

Some kind way of knowing I've been playing Fallout for too long?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

27. Post #7187
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    50k caps

reluctant to spend any
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

28. Post #7188
    Has unclosed HTML tags!
    June 2011
    1,926 Posts
    Do you guys know if I could get Fallout 3 to run on my laptop?

3GB of RAM
    Win7 64 bit.
    Pentium Daul-Core CPU, T4500 @ 2.30GHz, 2.30 GHz
    Mobile Intel 4 seriers Express Chipset

If there is any other info you need, let me know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #7189
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    649 Posts
    I think I may have broken hacking somehow. Every single terminal I've hacked has only had one word to select from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 15 (list)

30. Post #7190
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    Do you guys know if I could get Fallout 3 to run on my laptop?

3GB of RAM
    Win7 64 bit.
    Pentium Daul-Core CPU, T4500 @ 2.30GHz, 2.30 GHz
    Mobile Intel 4 seriers Express Chipset

If there is any other info you need, let me know.
    Gamebryo hates integrated graphic cards, I've tried to run it on three laptops with different cards and never even got to see the menu, it'd just black-screen and throw an error message. Feel free to experiment, though.

31. Post #7191
    Has unclosed HTML tags!
    June 2011
    1,926 Posts
    Gamebryo hates integrated graphic cards, I've tried to run it on three laptops with different cards and never even got to see the menu, it'd just black-screen and throw an error message. Feel free to experiment, though.
    Aw, that sucks. I'll have to stick with the console version I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

32. Post #7192
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    what's the best place to store things from the beginning of the game that's close to a Mojave express post box?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

33. Post #7193
    August 2009
    9,682 Posts
    Anyone know how to make campaigns for fallout tactics? Any links to different tutorials?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

34. Post #7194
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    what's the best place to store things from the beginning of the game that's close to a Mojave express post box?
    Kick Ringo out of the Gas Station. You get a ton of shelves, too!

Edited:

Anyone know how to make campaigns for fallout tactics? Any links to different tutorials?
    The FOT Modding section on NMA would be a good start: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/vie...39eb815134ce6e

35. Post #7195
    January 2012
    1,140 Posts
    Shit, Fallout Wanderers Edition ( pretty much the same thing as project nevada but for FO3 ) makes the game hard as shit.

36. Post #7196
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    17,167 Posts
    Well, I'm using the Pip-boy 2500, but the thing forces it right into my face, with the FOV being stupidly low. I've been into the .inis, and that hasn't helped. How do I change the FOV on it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #7197
    October 2010
    7,589 Posts
    Is there anyway to fuck over mr House without all the negative karma? I just did the wild card stuff for the first time and he... Jesus, that isn't a life.

I also got Raul for the first time and have the whole gang, he's slowly creeping into my second favorite companion spot. Also, how does he have a mustache?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #7198
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    Kick Ringo out of the Gas Station. You get a ton of shelves, too!
    i have no quarrels with killing ringo. only thing is goodsprings worships me... would it negatively affect the game in any way if i killed him?

Edited:

if i have a charisma of 1 does that affect who i can recruit? and how worth it is putting points into speech?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #7199
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    i have no quarrels with killing ringo. only thing is goodsprings worships me... would it negatively affect the game in any way if i killed him?

Edited:

if i have a charisma of 1 does that affect who i can recruit? and how worth it is putting points into speech?
    Just do the quest and he'll leave and return to Crimson Caravan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #7200
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    Charisma only matters for some dialogue stat checks and perks. Speech is definitely worth it, you can see that Obsidian made this game - almost everything has a peaceful option (including the final boss, who just flees like a pussy if you convince him that he doesn't have a chance)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)