1. Post #841
    so I just got into vault 15 (Fallout 1) last night, going to get back on now that I'm awake... It's interesting so far, but I cheated all the SPECIAL to 10 because I got sick of sucking major ass the whole way.

I'm rather enjoying it.

EDIT:

FUUUCK where do I get rope for the elevator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #842
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    You go to Shady Sands about ~west/south-west from vault 15 If I remember correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events

3. Post #843
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,033 Posts
    Should've packed some high DPS/DAM weapons if you were going anywhere a Deathclaw infested area.
    AMR with HE 50MG and/or This Machine + AP 308 is what I prefer against deathclaw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #844
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    FUUUCK where do I get rope for the elevator
    There's one in a bookcase in Shady Sands, on the fields map.

You go to Shady Sands about ~west/south-west from vault 15 If I remember correctly.
    Actually, you pass through it on the way to Vault 15.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

5. Post #845
    I got to the command center from 3 pieces of rope now, now I'm on my game break.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #846
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    I forget what's in Vault 15.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #847
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    I forget what's in Vault 15.
    Rust, rats, a leather jacket, some meds, ammo, two broken elevators you have to descend using a rope and some rocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #848
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,002 Posts
    There's one in a bookcase in Shady Sands, on the fields map.

Actually, you pass through it on the way to Vault 15.
    Really? Huh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events

9. Post #849
    Rust, rats, a leather jacket, some meds, ammo, two broken elevators you have to descend using a rope and some rocks.
    you forgot dust

shitloads of dust

10. Post #850
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    you forgot dust

shitloads of dust
    Eh, dust ain't worth mentioning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

11. Post #851
    August 2009
    9,681 Posts
    Eh, dust ain't worth mentioning.
    Neither is rust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #852
    November 2010
    2,761 Posts
    Neither is rust.
    No, because rust might've weakened the vault's walls, causing them to collapse and the rubble to fill the command center area and forcing the Vault Dweller to go to Necropolis. Dust just lays in one place and does nothing. :science:
       I think I might be overanalysing this.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #853
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,201 Posts
    No, because rust might've weakened the vault's walls, causing them to collapse and the rubble to fill the command center area and forcing the Vault Dweller to go to Necropolis. Dust just lays in one place and does nothing. :science:
       I think I might be overanalysing this.   
    And spoiling. Just saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #854
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    AMR with HE 50MG and/or This Machine + AP 308 is what I prefer against deathclaw.
    "This Machine" is fucking godly, but where the hell do I actually find it? I've only been able to get it through console commands.

15. Post #855
    And spoiling. Just saying.
    Honestly considering the kinda mundane start of it I don't expect the ending to be that crazy.

"Oh wow we need a new water chip"

fuck, seriously, you don't have spares?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #856
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Honestly considering the kinda mundane start of it I don't expect the ending to be that crazy.

"Oh wow we need a new water chip"

fuck, seriously, you don't have spares?
    I thought that was deliberate given the vault experiment?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #857
    May 2011
    3,901 Posts
    Also vault city in F2 has a few hundred water chips
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

18. Post #858
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,201 Posts
    I thought that was deliberate given the vault experiment?
    Pretty sure 13's lack of a chip was not the Vault experiment but a shipping error. Though IIRC the chip was designed to break, but they were supposed to have boxes of spares. Don't know, been a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #859
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,033 Posts
    "This Machine" is fucking godly, but where the hell do I actually find it? I've only been able to get it through console commands.
    Complete Sergeant Conteras' questline. It doesn't matter which direction you take, all options that involve completing it net you This Machine, and he can be found in Camp McCarran. Easiest way to find him is to head out onto the tarmac behind the terminal and enter the back door of the wasteland shack erected therein. He can also be accessed from within the terminal but I forget the proper direction to get to him.

I always keep him alive though, he sells .308 by the thousand.
    Edited:

Pretty sure 13's lack of a chip was not the Vault experiment but a shipping error. Though IIRC the chip was designed to break, but they were supposed to have boxes of spares. Don't know, been a while.
    If my memory serves they were supposed to stay shut for 200 years, but the broken water chip and lack of spares put an end to that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #860
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,361 Posts
    I always keep him alive though, he sells .308 by the thousand.
    So does the NCR Quartermaster at Hoover Dam though, and I think he has better prices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #861
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,442 Posts
    I think V13 was supposed to have its Water Chip break down a lot, but they never got the extra Water Chips, so they had to maintain a water chip that was meant to break down.

22. Post #862
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,361 Posts
    I think V13 was supposed to have its Water Chip break down a lot, but they never got the extra Water Chips, so they had to maintain a water chip that was meant to break down.
    The Vault says it was just used for 200 years of isolation until the Dweller went out to get the chip. Then it was just used as pure test specimens for the Enclave.

Vault 8 got all the extra water chips and Vault 13 got the extra GECK that Vault 8 should have gotten.

23. Post #863
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    I think vault city got Vault 13s water chips in place of Vault Cities second GECK which Vault 13 was never supposed to have because by the time they were supposed opened their doors they wouldn't really need it.

Was it the Enclave that had Vault Tec purposely cause the Vault experiments to fail? The enclave could have instead used them to brainwash everyone in the vaults and restart the United States as a absolute dictatorship. And nobody would have a problem with it after 200 years of mind control education.

Edited:

Damn, never been ninja'd in this thread before. I just realized The Vault changed their name to nukapedia. Why? The Vault was cool.

24. Post #864
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,033 Posts
    So does the NCR Quartermaster at Hoover Dam though, and I think he has better prices.

That guy's a bitch to find, and I haven't noticed any price discrepancies. I only buy from him if I happen to be in the dam anyway.

25. Post #865
    July 2010
    4,404 Posts
    Does Bethesda actually make an effort to make every single child irritating as fuck, only to make them immortal as well?

Man, fuck those guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #866
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,805 Posts
    That guy's a bitch to find, and I haven't noticed any price discrepancies. I only buy from him if I happen to be in the dam anyway.
    Contreras gives you a price discount if you complete his unmarked quest (I think)

If you use a .50 pistol/smg then contreras is your man, as he's the only one who stocks large qauntities of hollowpoint .50 (which is a devastating round, even to armored opponents)

27. Post #867
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,033 Posts
    Does Bethesda actually make an effort to make every single child irritating as fuck, only to make them immortal as well?

Man, fuck those guys.

Grab a child killing mod and go nuts.

Edited:

Contreras gives you a price discount if you complete his unmarked quest (I think)

If you use a .50 pistol/smg then contreras is your man, as he's the only one who stocks large qauntities of hollowpoint .50 (which is a devastating round, even to armored opponents)

I use a 1911, so I buy ammo for that from Gun Runner's by Freeside.

28. Post #868

Man, fuck those guys.
    They're not annoying, just insanely bratty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #869
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,442 Posts
    Little Lamplight is the best place in Fallout 3 once you have a child killing mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #870
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Little Lamplight is the best place in Fallout 3 once you have a child killing mod.
    + lots of chems and heavy weapons.

31. Post #871
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    I think I have a screenshot of me killing Princess saved on my desktop.

I think it's actually like five screenshots.

I might have a problem.

32. Post #872
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    I think I have a screenshot of me killing Princess saved on my desktop.

I think it's actually like five screenshots.

I might have a problem.
    You'd have a problem if you never used the killable children mod in the area.

33. Post #873
    if you had a problem, you would be using a sex mod in the game...

34. Post #874
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,675 Posts
    What the hell is a water chip supposed to do anyway.

35. Post #875
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,645 Posts
    Purify the water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #876
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,201 Posts
    Hopefully this answers your question

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 25Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #877
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    if you had a problem, you would be using a sex mod in the game...
    Reminds me back in the summer of 09.

I had animated prostitution installed in FO3, and this was before the mod maker decided to make it impossible to have sex with children.

Knock knock knows how to use her lips
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7 (list)

38. Post #878
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    964 Posts

Was it the Enclave that had Vault Tec purposely cause the Vault experiments to fail? The enclave could have instead used them to brainwash everyone in the vaults and restart the United States as a absolute dictatorship. And nobody would have a problem with it after 200 years of mind control education.
    If I recall, the purpose to the Vault experiments were to determine how humans would adapt to a number of different situations. In most cases, I wouldn't say they failed as it's impossible for an experiment to fail if its purpose is simply to see what happens. As to why the Enclave didn't just use the Vaults to indoctrinate everyone, there was still survivors in the outside world who were untouched by their influence. The experiments would give the Enclave the edge it needed to rebuild because they had data on what social structures worked and what didn't.

On a New Vegas note, anybody got their eyes on any mods in particular? I'm looking forward to Caesar's New Regime, a Legion overhaul mod by dragbody. He says he plans to release it by March 4th.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #879
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,675 Posts
    Purify the water.
    How? Wouldn't it be better to have water filters for that sort of thing?

40. Post #880
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    964 Posts
    How? Wouldn't it be better to have water filters for that sort of thing?
    Venturing out into the wasteland for a water chip sounds cooler than water filter.