1. Post #1081
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    Aaand now nifskope won't apply the texture to the model. damnit, can anyone give some help? I don't really know any of the info i'd need to give you to help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1082
    October 2010
    681 Posts
    can anyone list the stuff he promised and were never added?
    He also mentioned something about ruining a towns economy by burning down saw mills destroying crops, stuff like that. He also over hyped radiant AI way to much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1083
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    He also mentioned something about ruining a towns economy by burning down saw mills destroying crops, stuff like that. He also over hyped radiant AI way to much.
    Was this for fallout 3, or new vegas? because i don't remember anyone saying that about Fo3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1084
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1085
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    Skyrim.
    Oh. Yeah, that guy promised more then they could've gived, he needs to stop saying things about what'll be in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1086
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,899 Posts
    Well, I've decided to get into F:NV again. Allocating all to Luck and Perception.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Pakistan Show Events

7. Post #1087
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,283 Posts
    Going to play Fallout New Vegas again, mainly because Skyrim doesn't have things that go boom. Might use energy weapons this time around, how problematic do ash/goo piles get?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #1088
    February 2009
    1,951 Posts
    Going to play Fallout New Vegas again, mainly because Skyrim doesn't have things that go boom. Might use energy weapons this time around, how problematic do ash/goo piles get?
    Energy weapons are glorious. What do you mean by 'problematic'?

9. Post #1089
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,283 Posts
    Energy weapons are glorious. What do you mean by 'problematic'?
    They don't disappear and a respawned enemy that was previously ashified/gooified is "linked" to the ash/goo pile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

10. Post #1090
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    hey guyz check out my falout inspried story!!11

The old wooden steps creak as a pale, skinny man ascends them. He’s an older man, must be around forty. Quite a feat in this barren land. “ I am Albino, you wished to see me?” Contrary to his name, this man had a darker visage. His brown, wrinkled skin wrapped tightly around his skinny limbs like tanned leather.

The man shows a glint of uneasiness behind his bright blue eyes. An uneasiness I’ve gotten used to, most towns here aren’t used to seeing such a well armed group of men. We must look like soldiers to them. The term “soldier” has become as arcane as its successor, however. Most call us knights or hoplites. Such is a strange, vagrant land we’ve stumbled into.

“This town have a sheriff?” My words are slightly slurred, thanks to the un-spiced rum some old broad gave us. A few seconds pass before he responds. “Sheriff?” Right, primitives. “Err, knights, legionaries, shoguns, whatever the fuck you have here.” Profanities flow out like diarrhea. I’m not in the mood for this. “Yes, we have a sheriff. Over that way, next to the purifier mill.” His countenance changes from weary to ever so slightly pissed. I feel that awkward tingle in my stomach as he points over to a large, cylindrical brown building. Must be the mill he was talking about.

The gravel crunches beneath my boots as I make my way towards the sheriff's office. As I cross the mill I notice a medium-sized adobe hut, with sandbags and pikes arranged in an orderly defensive manner. Guy must know what he’s doing. The door is a heavy wrought-iron slab, with a sun motif and a small peephole. I proceed to knock heavily on the door with the butt of my rifle. My flock waits patiently behind me. The door slides open, and a bulky Kurd waves us in. We are greeted by an office of spartan atmosphere, with swords, daggers, makeshift rifles and pikes hung on the walls, amongst other things. Simple papayrus maps and essentials line shelves, no space is wasted with luxuries, excluding a stuffed head of some strange mammalian creature hung on a copper plaque. “Sheriff’s over there.” the bulky bear of a man points to a small cubicle beneath the plaque. I walk lazily towards the cubicle, taking in the sights and smells of the office. A pungent cocktail of cosmoline, sweat, and lead fills my nose.. The sheriff stands up from his desk, a desk with a salvaged CRT monitor and keyboard, as well as some bulky radio equipment.

He’s a gaunt man, with skin akin to the surface of a walnut, and eyes that could stare down a rhino. He’s tall, probably of Arabian descent, common for this area. He’s wearing a red poncho-esque garment with a fine talwar strapped to his side.

“And what might you be here for, outlander?” He says, with a hint of mistrust in his stark voice.
    I switch into salesman mode instinctively. “We’re looking for work. Security detail, hired posse, anything a man with a gun could do, we’ll do it better.”

I may have layed it on too thick, as he sits back down at his desk and begins typing on the old computer. A few long seconds pass before he addresses us again. “A caravan’s leaving for the town of Navarro the day after tomorrow. We’ll pay in bullets and water.”
    “Bullets and gold. We can’t carry any more water. We need at least three cans of 7.62x39 and 7.62x25 Tokarev.” I automatically retort. Can’t be cheated here, it’d make me look bad.
    “And thirty five pressed gold coins. None of that counterfeit hammer-forged shit, it’s the seal that matters, not the metal.”
    A few moments of thought pass before the sheriff responds. “Thirty two coins. Pressed. Don’t be late. You will be payed upon completion of the job, my contact in Navarro will be waiting for you with your pay.”
    He’s a man of strong conviction, considering he finalized the deal before I could agree. Which I would have, but still. It’s not very business like. "There's an inn down the road. Just go to your left and you can't miss it."

Guess we're sleeping over for the night.
    Should I continue it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #1091
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,328 Posts
    I really should try an Energy weapons/explosives evil character sometime. I always wind up as Jesus with an assault rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 5 (list)

12. Post #1092
    March 2012
    1,144 Posts
    Just started a new character. Gonna do my best to be evil.

13. Post #1093
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    It's hard to be evil in NV. I was the fucking devil in 3 but in NV I always end up good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #1094
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    1,285 Posts
    It's hard to be evil in NV. I was the fucking devil in 3 but in NV I always end up good
    I sliced doc mitchells limbs off and put them in his bathtub

how much more evil can I get
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1095
    March 2012
    1,144 Posts
    It's because they give you good karma for killing raiders and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

16. Post #1096
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I role-played as an evil manipulative mad scientist. Was quite fun watching me build my little evil empire.

Wish I could've gotten an evil lair; bitches love evil lairs.

17. Post #1097
    July 2010
    1,739 Posts
    bout' two days ago, the mass effect thread was talking shit about Bethesda(in a vain attempt to defend bio-ware) saying that Fallout: New Vegas/Skyrim is worse than mass effect 3.
    I don't know about you, but I could say that Fallout is a lot different from that game, and that Skyrim is a way better pieced game than mass effect 3 could ever hold up to.
    Sure, Howard and the team stretch features a bit too far, but at least they fix issues and glitches a day after release, and make DLC a lot more expansive and not that effective to the game to boot.
    Fallout 3 has its mistakes, but at least it ain't mass effect 3.

Stay classy, vault dwellers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

18. Post #1098
    March 2012
    1,144 Posts
    bout' two days ago, the mass effect thread was talking shit about Bethesda(in a vain attempt to defend bio-ware) saying that Fallout: New Vegas/Skyrim is worse than mass effect 3.
    I don't know about you, but I could say that Fallout is a lot different from that game, and that Skyrim is a way better pieced game than mass effect 3 could ever hold up to.
    Sure, Howard and the team stretch features a bit too far, but at least they fix issues and glitches a day after release, and make DLC a lot more expansive and not that effective to the game to boot.

I don't even know how you can compare the two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

19. Post #1099
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    One has good endings?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #1100
    July 2010
    1,739 Posts
    Graphics and overall stability, and writing, don't forget the writing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1101
    December 2009
    2,942 Posts
    I completed New Vegas for the first time. What's with the    Yes man actually? was he evil?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

22. Post #1102
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    I completed New Vegas for the first time. What's with the    Yes man actually? was he evil?   
    Yes-man isn't going to turn on you, the assertiveness upgrade is so no-one else could use him against you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

23. Post #1103
    December 2009
    2,942 Posts
    Yes-man isn't going to turn on you, the assertiveness upgrade is so no-one else could use him against you.
    He crept me out though. Always had the looming feeling he would turn on me.

Edited:

Thank for the information though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1104
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,340 Posts
    I really should try an Energy weapons/explosives evil character sometime. I always wind up as Jesus with an assault rifle.
    My latest character is an explosives/energy weps/medicine character. For once she has >5 charisma, but she's really weak (3 str, 3 end). Going well so far, using a plasma defender and kicking ass.

Edited:

It's much easier and more rewarding to be evil in FO3; you lose nothing from killing the traders you see around (except some ammo) but you gain all of their stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #1105
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,283 Posts
    My latest character is an explosives/energy weps/medicine character. For once she has >5 charisma, but she's really weak (3 str, 3 end). Going well so far, using a plasma defender and kicking ass.
    Do ash/goo piles become annoying?

26. Post #1106
    June 2011
    3,187 Posts

That's hilarious. You can hardly compare the two, you're right. And why would anyone want to defend bioware? They're a bunch of assholes who can't take criticism and won't listen to gaming communities. If I was on the bioware forum right now you can guess what would happen too me.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1107
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,340 Posts
    Do ash/goo piles become annoying?
    I don't see why they would. I have Eve installed, which causes enemies to disintegrate into lumps of ash every now and then, and that's not annoying so I think you'll be fine.

Edited:

Why does Gannon have to be so powerful, he kills everything so fast. Even on Very Hard everything dies quickly, he has an aimbot with that plasma defender.

28. Post #1108
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,283 Posts
    I don't see why they would. I have Eve installed, which causes enemies to disintegrate into lumps of ash every now and then, and that's not annoying so I think you'll be fine.

Edited:

Why does Gannon have to be so powerful, he kills everything so fast. Even on Very Hard everything dies quickly, he has an aimbot with that plasma defender.
    But do you have a cleanup mod for those piles?

29. Post #1109
    August 2009
    9,030 Posts
    Then boom

His left side   

Edited:

But do you have a cleanup mod for those piles?
    Zap-Away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

30. Post #1110
    April 2010
    2,396 Posts
    Welp, I've tried twice to no avail over re-booting my PNP session, we've got two options here, either Aloha Smoothskin in RPG form, or a city/region of the players choice, I don't care if it's Alaska, Chicago, New York, or anywhere else in North America, I'll spend a week thinking of weapon variants and a story (may break canon, but who gives a shit, it'll be fun) and then we'll start. If we get enough players, one session will be Aloha Smoothskin, the other would be the custom. Just PM me if you want to join, I can teach new players, and once you get the hang of it, you'll be hooked.

31. Post #1111
    August 2009
    9,030 Posts
    I'll join.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,093 Posts
    It's because they give you good karma for killing raiders and shit.
    Killing Fiends, I can understand sort of. But killing Feral Ghouls to get good karma always confused me. How exactly is that a good deed? By putting the ghoul out of it's misery?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #1113
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,342 Posts
    Killing Fiends, I can understand sort of. But killing Feral Ghouls to get good karma always confused me. How exactly is that a good deed? By putting the ghoul out of it's misery?
    Potentially saving Wastelanders from a death by Ghoul.

34. Post #1114
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    10,283 Posts
    Tried playing Fallout New Vegas again, but picking up at a save mid-Honest Hearts just didn't do it for me.

35. Post #1115
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,328 Posts
    It would make more sense if they only gave you good karma for killing fiend bosses and such. Fiends are all over the goddamn place and your going to wind up wading though hundreds of them, inevitably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #1116
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,340 Posts
    Welp, I've tried twice to no avail over re-booting my PNP session, we've got two options here, either Aloha Smoothskin in RPG form, or a city/region of the players choice, I don't care if it's Alaska, Chicago, New York, or anywhere else in North America, I'll spend a week thinking of weapon variants and a story (may break canon, but who gives a shit, it'll be fun) and then we'll start. If we get enough players, one session will be Aloha Smoothskin, the other would be the custom. Just PM me if you want to join, I can teach new players, and once you get the hang of it, you'll be hooked.
    That reminds me, I'm going to be running a FO PnP RPG irl, I'll post about it when I do it.

37. Post #1117
    July 2010
    1,739 Posts
    That's hilarious. You can hardly compare the two, you're right. And why would anyone want to defend bioware? They're a bunch of assholes who can't take criticism and won't listen to gaming communities. If I was on the bioware forum right now you can guess what would happen too me.

Oh man, the biodrones are ghost dumbing us!
    I have an idea, let's ignore them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #1118
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,162 Posts
    Which weather mod do you guys like for New Vegas? I like Project Reality better than Nevada skies because the sky textures look kind of funky and low-res in Nevada skies.

39. Post #1119
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,236 Posts
    I use Project Reality as well, the clouds look so much better then any other mod out there, too bad the author has pretty much abandoned it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #1120
    October 2010
    681 Posts
    I use Project Reality as well, the clouds look so much better then any other mod out there, too bad the author has pretty much abandoned it.
    I would love to use Project Reality, but I find the performance hit to be just a little too much for my tastes. Its rain however seems to improve my performance compared to Nevada Skies for some reason.