1. Post #1121
    July 2010
    4,398 Posts
    I got this game on release day. still haven't finished it.

Am I a bad person?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1122
    December 2009
    3,072 Posts

Am I a bad person?

Finish it, you will not regret it. Trust me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

3. Post #1123
    October 2010
    683 Posts

Am I a bad person?
    I wouldn't say you're a bad person. I played the same fallout 3 character for over a hundred hours. I would recommend finishing the game at least once though. New vegas doesn't seem to have the ability to make wandering around doing absolutely nothing as fun as Fallout 3 did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #1124

December 2011
    64 Posts
    I have a question for all those who own the boxed PC ultimate edition: how many discs is it? Is the Steam key included a regular NV one or doesit also unlock the additional content?
    Tidbits of info I need in order to know whether I should wait out for the boxed version to go discounted or just bite the bullet and get a game key :)
    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

5. Post #1125
    November 2011
    439 Posts
    Downloading New Vegas again. I beat FO3 about three times, but I can never hold an evil character, and never use energy weapons which is what I'm going to try to do this time around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1126
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,026 Posts
    Which weather mod do you guys like for New Vegas? I like Project Reality better than Nevada skies because the sky textures look kind of funky and low-res in Nevada skies.

I need to switch. I have Nevada Skies and it makes my sky go all rainbow-tastic at times. Huge artifact errors.

I also need to remove a borked install of NMC's texture pack

Killing Fiends, I can understand sort of. But killing Feral Ghouls to get good karma always confused me. How exactly is that a good deed? By putting the ghoul out of it's misery?
    That's my thought. Sometimes you can hear ferals muttering a few things that a mindless animal wouldn't, which gives the impression that the original person is trapped in there and suffering. Popping them would release them from that suffering.

Energy weapons are glorious. What do you mean by 'problematic'?
    The ammo IMO. They use SO MUCH of it.

I use them as currency. I've tried them, they pack a whollop this time, but I just can't come to grips with using six 'rounds' per shot. Much prefer guns, which use one per shot.

Also, ash/goo piles are hard to find sometimes. And I play a super long range sniper that sometimes shoots people they cannot get to, bits of brain on the ground help looting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #1127
    October 2010
    683 Posts
    The ammo IMO. They use SO MUCH of it.

I use them as currency. I've tried them, they pack a whollop this time, but I just can't come to grips with using six 'rounds' per shot. Much prefer guns, which use one per shot.
    I think the whole ammunition system for energy weapons was done poorly, and it has nothing to do with how many rounds are used per shot. I think Energy cells/Microfusion cells should be a lot less common. You should be finding one or two in places where you find 10.

But each Cell should be giving you an entire "clip" of ammunition and when I shoot, it should partially deplete the Cell, not just make one go away. So instead of having 500 energy cells in your inventory and having 500 "shots" available, I should have 10 energy cells and 50 shots per cell. The system was better in Vegas than in 3, but still not right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1128
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,403 Posts
    I think the whole ammunition system for energy weapons was done poorly, and it has nothing to do with how many rounds are used per shot. I think Energy cells/Microfusion cells should be a lot less common. You should be finding one or two in places where you find 10.

But each Cell should be giving you an entire "clip" of ammunition and when I shoot, it should partially deplete the Cell, not just make one go away. So instead of having 500 energy cells in your inventory and having 500 "shots" available, I should have 10 energy cells and 50 shots per cell. The system was better in Vegas than in 3, but still not right.

I agree. Who would design a weapon that fires one shot per cell?

That's like running a laser rifle on AA's, except the AA's get heavier the more charge they have.

That or you have to reload a battery every time you shoot.

9. Post #1129
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,263 Posts
    I would like it if energy weapons was handled like the batteries they are, I guess that's what 1 shot per X rounds was meant to simulate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #1130
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,926 Posts

What.

11. Post #1131
    August 2011
    274 Posts

Sister, I found you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

12. Post #1132
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,026 Posts
    I think the whole ammunition system for energy weapons was done poorly, and it has nothing to do with how many rounds are used per shot.
    While I agree, rounds-per-shot and rounds displayed on the hud are part of the issues I see.
    I think Energy cells/Microfusion cells should be a lot less common. You should be finding one or two in places where you find 10.
    Especially given how you can craft them. I never wanted for caps in New Vegas, I'd always bump into a stealth boy before I got to freeside. I'd use that to rob Van Graff's blind, and those display models + ammo would net me...oooooh, 100,000 caps on average. Then, right as that starts to deplete, the enemies level into EWs, containers start spawning them, and I'm swimming in caps again. ON TOP OF THAT I can craft common-as-hell and worthless EW ammo into really pricey shit.

So yeah. I agree. EW ammo should be a lot rarer to find out in the wastes, should be devalued considerably, and to allow EW characters the ability to use their primary weapons, a bit more common. More than one dealer to buy it from.

It should tell you how many shots are left in that cell. Each trigger press should drop the number by one, and when it hits zero, the cell is depleted. For example, let's say you're using a bog-standard Plasma Rifle. Right now, when you load a fresh MF cell, you are told there's 24 rounds in there. However, each time you pull the trigger, one bolt is launched, and it uses two rounds. Instead, when you load a fresh cell, it should say there's 12 rounds in there, and each time you pull the trigger one bolt is fired and one round is removed. Functionally nothing changes, you still get 12 rounds per magazine as you do now, but you no longer have to remember it uses two per shot and divide whatever's left by that in the heat of the battle. Glance down, that's how many times it will fire before reload. Simple.

I don't mind one cell only giving a handful of shots before it's spent, that's fine, but I don't want it telling me I have 24 and using 2 each time I pull the trigger. I don't have time to do maths while trying to kill that bulletsponge deathclaw!

Edited:

That happens to me about 75% of the time. It's really annoying and I have no idea what mod is causing it. New Vegas doesn't do it though, except for Lily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #1133
    January 2012
    10,926 Posts
    That happens to me about 75% of the time. It's really annoying and I have no idea what mod is causing it. New Vegas doesn't do it though, except for Lily.
    That font is the only mod I've got.

14. Post #1134
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,026 Posts
    That font is the only mod I've got.
    I've got quite a few on both games. I know it's an engine bug, but something in my load order is triggering it WAY more often than normal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #1135
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts
    I really hope there is more urban combat and automatic weapons in fallout 4.

I also hope they replace that godawful "PAF PAF PAF" That every gun makes when being fired by an enemy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #1136
    November 2010
    2,756 Posts
    Dem textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

17. Post #1137
    January 2012
    10,926 Posts
    Dem textures.
    Everything on lowest or disabled except for actor draw distance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

18. Post #1138
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,777 Posts
    Is there anyway to get your own music into Fallout 3 or NV, it used to be easy for Oblivion, just copy songs to the music folder/combat/explore etc now it's not that easy... i'd love to walk around the wasteland with The book of Eli soundtrack playing at certain points, yeah I could just play it in media player and play but that's wasting resources.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #1139
    August 2009
    9,670 Posts
    Why? Is your computer really that bad?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #1140
    November 2010
    2,756 Posts
    Guessed so, it looks worse than the Xbox version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #1141
    January 2012
    10,926 Posts
    Why? Is your computer really that bad?
    3GB of RAM, a 2.6Ghz AMD Athlon and a Geforce 8600.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

22. Post #1142
    June 2011
    3,333 Posts
    3GB of RAM, a 2.6Ghz AMD Athlon and a Geforce 8600.
    Dude I was using a 2ghz x2 athlon, 2gb of ram and the same graphics card as you and mine was fine on medium

23. Post #1143
    January 2012
    10,926 Posts
    Dude I was using a 2ghz x2 athlon, 2gb of ram and the same graphics card as you and mine was fine on medium
    I have a habit of having the game windowed and half a dozen other programs running so I can chat, listen to music, check forums on loading screens, ect.

24. Post #1144
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,660 Posts
    This works so well when wandering. In fact, the music of Dave Brubeck is always perfect whenever I'm playing Fallout.

25. Post #1145
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    I wouldn't say you're a bad person. I played the same fallout 3 character for over a hundred hours. I would recommend finishing the game at least once though. New vegas doesn't seem to have the ability to make wandering around doing absolutely nothing as fun as Fallout 3 did.
    That's the exact reason why I loved FO3; you could pick a direction, walk in it for however long and you could find just about anything. NV seemed a lot more organized, not much chance of finding a patrolling Enclave party or a Deathclaw, or even a pack of Mole Rats. Just boring old NCR patrols with the occasional Legion patrol. NV is still much better though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

26. Post #1146
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,242 Posts
    Is there anyway to get your own music into Fallout 3 or NV, it used to be easy for Oblivion, just copy songs to the music folder/combat/explore etc now it's not that easy... i'd love to walk around the wasteland with The book of Eli soundtrack playing at certain points, yeah I could just play it in media player and play but that's wasting resources.
    For New Vegas there is a radio mod called RACE that has its own folder where you put your music in and supports MP3 and WAV format.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #1147
    March 2012
    1,256 Posts

Am I a bad person?
    It took me about a year to beat it because I was waiting for Lonesome Road.

28. Post #1148
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,447 Posts
    I was kinda mad at the end of New Vegas when    I couldn't keep Legate Lanius' helmet after the credits.

Honestly, it looked kinda cool with some power armor. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1149
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,026 Posts
    Piss easy. Rename 20 songs so that they match the filenames of the default tracks, then dump them in Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\Sound\songs\radionv

Bam. They'll play. No mod required. Although you can locate mods that increase the track list considerably. They work okay, though I had issues with RNV going entirely silent after a few seconds with the lot of 'em. Wierd bug with my game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1150
    October 2008
    3,989 Posts
    Wanna share exactly what tracks? Liked the movie a lot, loved the soundtrack; you're right it would be perfect.

31. Post #1151
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,777 Posts
    Wanna share exactly what tracks? Liked the movie a lot, loved the soundtrack; you're right it would be perfect.
    Well there's 3 tracks I love listening to all the time, they're "The Journey", "Panoramic" and "Safe" but there are probably more that go well with it but i've not listened to many of the others much which I will do now and see what else goes well... I tried it last night with the R.A.C.E mod and the song panoramic started playing while I was walking the wasteland I got an erection.....

Edited:

The track "Outland" would probably fit well too.

32. Post #1152
    May 2011
    3,899 Posts
    So I've started a new character, my goal is to beat the game only using the tire iron, and when I have no tire iron, bare hands, also I'm killing every killable person in the game (except for house because I'm working for him).

It's going good so far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

33. Post #1153
    The new legion mod is spankingly good.

althought the veullruis (how ever you spell it)'s bear is glitched.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Vietnam Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1154
    February 2010
    16,384 Posts
    That's the exact reason why I loved FO3; you could pick a direction, walk in it for however long and you could find just about anything. NV seemed a lot more organized, not much chance of finding a patrolling Enclave party or a Deathclaw, or even a pack of Mole Rats. Just boring old NCR patrols with the occasional Legion patrol. NV is still much better though.
    I love how NV actually makes you regret wandering near a Deathclaw.

Edited:

I was kinda mad at the end of New Vegas when    I couldn't keep Legate Lanius' helmet after the credits.

Honestly, it looked kinda cool with some power armor. 

Marked Beast Armor Helmet(?)
    It's just the Lanius' helmet that has a patchwork look.

35. Post #1155
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    1,604 Posts
    Is there a mod that doesn't disable the crosshair when in ironsights, wherever true ironsights are true or false? There are a lot of misaligned sights and I want to see the crosshair for all guns when in sights just because of that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

36. Post #1156
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,348 Posts
    I love how NV actually makes you regret wandering near a Deathclaw.
    NV sorted out the balance problems (mostly), such as VATs invincible mode, and made enemies a lot more canon in terms of their danger. Everything was dangerous if you handled the situation poorly. Just as a Fallout game should be.

37. Post #1157
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,197 Posts
    I wish there were more mods with worldspaces

like Alton IL, Project Brazil, etc.

38. Post #1158
    October 2010
    7,585 Posts
    I'm pretty slow, i just thought that Arcade put out a pretty gay vibe to everyone.

39. Post #1159
    October 2008
    3,989 Posts
    Is there a mod that doesn't disable the crosshair when in ironsights, wherever true ironsights are true or false? There are a lot of misaligned sights and I want to see the crosshair for all guns when in sights just because of that.
    You can go into thirdperson, aim, and then take it back to firstperson to keep the crosshair on while aiming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1160
    August 2009
    9,670 Posts
    Go into 3rd person
    Aim
    Go back into first person

Edited:

Dammit Dchaps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events