1. Post #201
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    17,616 Posts
    "Large Marge, the Scourge of the Deep!"

Large Marge is a massive creature that has been terrorizing the citizens of the Aleutian islands. Villagers describe her to be a massive mutated whale, that runs ships aground and swallows rowboats whole. She has even sunk the great Bastaršur, a ship that has brought supplies from the south for years. Rumor has it, that the Bastaršur has great treasures of gold and thermanium, and Large Marge wishes to keep them for herself. Everyone has feared the massive beast, except for Captain Baha, an immigrant from Jamaica, has dedicated his life to catching Large Marge, and he needs your help.

And my tacos are done, cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

2. Post #202
    March 2011
    3,984 Posts
    You answered your own question.
    Let me rephrase that, looks like it would take a dozen fat man nukes just to scar it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #203
    September 2009
    786 Posts
    "Large Marge, the Scourge of the Deep!"

Large Marge is a massive creature that has been terrorizing the citizens of the Aleutian islands. Villagers describe her to be a massive mutated whale, that runs ships aground and swallows rowboats whole. She has even sunk the great Bastaršur, a ship that has brought supplies from the south for years. Rumor has it, that the Bastaršur has great treasures of gold and thermanium, and Large Marge wishes to keep them for herself. Everyone has feared the massive beast, except for Captain Baha, an immigrant from Jamaica, has dedicated his life to catching Large Marge, and he needs your help.

And my tacos are done, cool
    And the quest ends when all the crew are dead at Marge's hands, Marge is dead, and you're sailing through the ocean, telling the nearest ship about Large Marge's death, and you get some of the treasure.

Too much like Moby Dick?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #204
    August 2009
    9,030 Posts
    Maybe they make the monsters blood into super uber 1337 stimpacks that are completely overpowered and you get some?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,091 Posts
    I would love it if a deathclaw/yeti would stalk you across the frozen tundra. Possibly for days, waiting for the perfect moment of weakness to take a swipe at you.

Also, one thing that I thought was missing from the fallout games is giant mutated sea creatures. There is definitely an opportunity to meet a Captain Ahab type character and begin a quest line where you hunt a carnivorous fish/shark/whale that has been attacking what few ships dare to go out into the open sea. Something like this:

We should never actually see it the whole thing. At least not until the end of the quest line. Just get glimpses. A tail poking out of the water, or a shadow just beneath the surface.
    That'd be like something you would fight in Monster Hunter or something like that. But that does seem fucking awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #206
    November 2011
    385 Posts
    Im probably get hated for this but my fallout 3 keeps crashing on new game, i've looked at video tutorials but didn't help. I dont know what my graphic card is but it can run oblivion fine. Help?

7. Post #207
    June 2011
    3,187 Posts
    Im probably get hated for this but my fallout 3 keeps crashing on new game, i've looked at video tutorials but didn't help. I dont know what my graphic card is but it can run oblivion fine. Help?
    Are you using any mods?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,242 Posts
    Does anyone know of some good mods that add hairstyles that aren't "~kawaii uguu~"

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    -snip-

Nevermind, thought I was in the Skyrim thread.

10. Post #210
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    I couldn't find a belt that takes the ranger belt buckles and allows them to be worn with any armor, like in Satchels or Tailor Maid.

Why? I fucking love belt buckles, but the only thing I could find has a huge demon skull on it and I wouldn't wear that.

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,097 Posts
    So, did Bethesda went out of their way to specifically not have any references or jokes towards Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

12. Post #212
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,298 Posts
    So, did Bethesda went out of their way to specifically not have any references or jokes towards Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?
    Bethesda didn't develop New Vegas, they just distributed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

13. Post #213
    October 2010
    7,301 Posts
    That thing looks like it would take a dozen fat man nukes to kill, how the hell could we fight it.
    After taking down its health, it eats you. Fat man in the heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,617 Posts
    After taking down its health, it eats you. Fat man in the heart.
    Nah, it chews your obligatory Pip-Boy and gets a horrible electric shock which stuns it, giving you the opportunity to lob a grenade in its mouth.

Strangely, the damage done to your Pip-Boy seems to make it more efficient, increasing the amount of Action Points you get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

15. Post #215
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,500 Posts
    May be possibly getting back into screenshot editing
    hope you like generic characters!

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,617 Posts
    May be possibly getting back into screenshot editing
    hope you like generic characters!

I give you the challenge of making an Anime mod look cool

Do this and I shall grant you infinite moneez

17. Post #217
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,500 Posts
    Hang on, I got one when I got half this thread Perma'd from the nexus

Edited:

Found it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 22Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,538 Posts
    Sorry if asked already, just popping in this thread to make sure.

I already have fallout New Vegas, but no DLC.
    If I buy the ultimate edition, do I get all the DLC + a spare copy to gift, or do I get one copy with all the DLC separately (as in that I can't add the DLC to my "original" copy)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,146 Posts
    Hang on, I got one when I got half this thread Perma'd from the nexus

Edited:

Found it.
    Does she have nipple armor? I want bullet proof nipples too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    thread killa
    May 2010
    960 Posts
    Sorry if asked already, just popping in this thread to make sure.

I already have fallout New Vegas, but no DLC.
    If I buy the ultimate edition, do I get all the DLC + a spare copy to gift, or do I get one copy with all the DLC separately (as in that I can't add the DLC to my "original" copy)?
    Unless it's otherwise stated, Steam doesn't give spare copies if you purchase a title you already own (and in this case, buying the Ultimate Edition would just add Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition under your already owned copy in the library). Sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    December 2009
    563 Posts
    So, my fallout3.exe always gives me a "Fallout3.exe has stopped working error" right on launch. I hear 3 seconds of the main menu music then it crashes. I have a feeling it has to do with GFWL because New Vegas runs fine. If anyone has a fix I would appreciate it. It is a steam version of the game. and I've already tried many fixes including adding d3d9.dll and setting water multisampling to low, but nothing is working.

22. Post #222
    October 2011
    368 Posts
    Try this, if you think GFWL is causing it:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/downlo...le.php?id=1086

23. Post #223
    December 2009
    563 Posts
    Try this, if you think GFWL is causing it:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/downlo...le.php?id=1086
    I guess it isn't GFWL. Thanks for that anyway.

24. Post #224
    February 2010
    16,186 Posts
    ''We can't stop here. This is Deathclaw country.'' Would've been a good reference.

25. Post #225
    November 2010
    2,542 Posts
    ''We can't stop here. This is Deathclaw country.'' Would've been a good reference.
    That's a touch too obvious if you ask me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

26. Post #226
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,538 Posts
    Unless it's otherwise stated, Steam doesn't give spare copies if you purchase a title you already own (and in this case, buying the Ultimate Edition would just add Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition under your already owned copy in the library). Sorry.
    That sucks, thanks anyway.
    I mean, it's still worth it over buying all separate DLC, but I still feel like I'm losing something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

27. Post #227
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,500 Posts
    The Generica begins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,236 Posts
    Why the long face?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

29. Post #229
    November 2011
    385 Posts
    Are you using any mods?
    Not at all

30. Post #230
    July 2010
    1,739 Posts
    That's a touch too obvious if you ask me.

"weird music plays."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #231
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,886 Posts
    Guess who!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,075 Posts
    Hey guys.

At the moment I am writing a story for a new Fallout 3 Machinima called DC Chronicles. There was already a first season (7 episodes) which you can find on Youtube and I think they turned out pretty good. My main concern at the moment though is I'm going into deep writing territory as I'll be using the enclave and the brotherhood a lot.

I'm as much a fan of Fallout as the next guy, I've been playing the games since I was 10 years old. But I've never been a huge lore buff about the Fallout universe and I'm afraid I might write things into the show that will annoy people who are fans of the universe.

Is there anybody out there who might be interested in looking over some of my story ideas and give me a few suggestions on what is good and what isnt? It would be much appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #233
    I asked Obama about Facepunch and all I got was molested by the Secret Service
    December 2009
    4,144 Posts
    Guess who!
    Is that Walt the character that I have a love hate relationship with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    February 2010
    16,186 Posts
    The Generica begins
    Needs filters, loads of filters.

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,236 Posts
    And lens flares.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

36. Post #236
    March 2010
    3,114 Posts
    Are there any mods/patches for Fallout 1 that you guys recommend I download before playing?

37. Post #237
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,074 Posts
    Guess who!
    no crowbar?

he is a fraud!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,617 Posts
    Hey guys.

At the moment I am writing a story for a new Fallout 3 Machinima called DC Chronicles. There was already a first season (7 episodes) which you can find on Youtube and I think they turned out pretty good. My main concern at the moment though is I'm going into deep writing territory as I'll be using the enclave and the brotherhood a lot.

I'm as much a fan of Fallout as the next guy, I've been playing the games since I was 10 years old. But I've never been a huge lore buff about the Fallout universe and I'm afraid I might write things into the show that will annoy people who are fans of the universe.

Is there anybody out there who might be interested in looking over some of my story ideas and give me a few suggestions on what is good and what isnt? It would be much appreciated.
    Well, we can have a look at some of the ideas you think might cause trouble if you don't mind spoiling them for us a bit.

If you do then I guess you can PM me your ideas and I can help a bit.

39. Post #239
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    5,029 Posts
    no crowbar?

he is a fraud!
    Walter White didnt have a crowbar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,617 Posts
    Fallout: A JJ Abrams film
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 1 (list)