1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,337 Posts
    Just bought a CM040.

Edited:

oh hey pageking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #722
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,877 Posts
    You will not regret it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #723
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    Mine actually broke before I got to use it, right on the body that holds the spring for the bolt in, and as such it kinda wouldn't stay together because the button thing had no resistance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #724
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    12,025 Posts
    Mine's semi didn't work right off the bat

also the stock latch snapped out pf the box
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,337 Posts
    The last time I ever got something in the mail broken on arrival (airsoft gear, PC parts, anything) was at least three years ago, so I'm hoping this goes just as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #726
    draw me like one of your french grills
    July 2008
    3,587 Posts
    After trouncing through 15 odd reviews and running it by a few airsofters I have rested upon my first airsoft gun. Pretty decent for entry level considering it's a combat machine and only 150. G&G Combat Machine GR16 CQW Rush Fibre-Reinforced Nylon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,087 Posts
    After trouncing through 15 odd reviews and running it by a few airsofters I have rested upon my first airsoft gun. Pretty decent for entry level considering it's a combat machine and only 150. G&G Combat Machine GR16 CQW Rush Fibre-Reinforced Nylon
    i got mine a couple days ago (sadly in the twotone blue, but not all bad) waiting to take it to a airsoft site in the next couple of weeks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #728
    July 2008
    3,587 Posts
    I was tempted to just use rental guns until I got my UKARA sorted out but it's pretty piss and cheap just to undo the travesty twotone has done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,087 Posts
    I was tempted to just use rental guns until I got my UKARA sorted out but it's pretty piss and cheap just to undo the travesty twotone has done.
    yeah, but i dont know why but the shade of blue that the CM16 is, i kinda like it o.o but yeah my one is moulded blue, could have got it from another site for cheaper (i think)but sprayed bright green (which i hate)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    598 Posts
    I still haven't returned my d boy SCAR-L. I first had trouble with it making a noise like a buzzsaw was going off inside of it. I re charged the battery, and I believe someone said it was the hop up. I contacted airsoft GI last summer but I don't remember what happened. It's been sitting here since, I'm getting back into airsoft and I forgot it was broke. Should I just try to RMA it or buy a new gun, because I don't even think they sell it anymore.

11. Post #731
    June 2009
    465 Posts
    I still haven't returned my d boy SCAR-L. I first had trouble with it making a noise like a buzzsaw was going off inside of it. I re charged the battery, and I believe someone said it was the hop up. I contacted airsoft GI last summer but I don't remember what happened. It's been sitting here since, I'm getting back into airsoft and I forgot it was broke. Should I just try to RMA it or buy a new gun, because I don't even think they sell it anymore.
    It sounds more like the motor isn't making contact with the gears. Try adjusting the motor height.

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    598 Posts
    Would I have to completely disassemble the gun for that? And would that break the warranty?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #733
    June 2009
    465 Posts
    Would I have to completely disassemble the gun for that? And would that break the warranty?
    No, just turn the screw on the bottom of the pistol grip.

14. Post #734
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,264 Posts
    Also, your warranty is way gone. Probably a one month at the max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    598 Posts
    Oh fuck yeah, it works! Thanks, someone said it was the piston, I guess they were wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #736
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,466 Posts
    wow
    hahhahahahhahahahahahaha
    also, whoever you talked to about the problem were idiots for thinking that the problem was a hop up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,875 Posts
    I have a friend who told me his gun wasn't working right, that he went through a couple mags and it was making funny noises. I took a look at the gun, and he had fully tightened the motor height adjustment screw. I still haven't been able to convince him to stop playing tech with his guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #738
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    598 Posts
    Oh I was thinking about getting some optics to make my scar extra tactic00l. What kind of cheap and efficient ones would you recommend,preferably on airsoft gi? Also I was looking for a secondary under like $100-$120. Also I will be playing mostly field so if the sight isn't even worth getting that's fine.

19. Post #739
    i shave my eyebrows
    November 2011
    905 Posts
    or you could use the questions thread

20. Post #740
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    4,600 Posts
    hey hey, tell us when your Dboys SCAR kills itself in its current stock form; don't do any upgrades yet. current record is four months, iirc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #741
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,513 Posts
    hey hey, tell us when your Dboys SCAR kills itself in its current stock form; don't do any upgrades yet. current record is four months, iirc
    my dboys scar killed itself in 2 weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

22. Post #742
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,960 Posts
    two years (!!1!!!!!1!!)

but that's because i plinked with it for 95% of those two years and actually used it for like 2 1/2 days before it broke

23. Post #743
    July 2008
    3,587 Posts
    I heard somewhere they're starting to make good M4's again. Bring on the nerd rage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #744
    THIS IS ENTRAP MENT
    March 2012
    3,535 Posts
    My dboys scar lasted forever. Only problem was that I lost the rubber butt plate. I sold it and got an m4 lol

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    598 Posts
    Fuck, should I just buy a new gun? I have $400 to spare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

26. Post #746
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    12,025 Posts
    Fuck, should I just buy a new gun? I have $400 to spare.
    keep saving and eventually you'll have $1000 and use that thousand dosh to obtain a m240
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #747
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    598 Posts
    Ok, so here's what I have. Tell me if I should add/remove something.
    Gyazo
    http://gyazo.com/ab3ade323022ef1d74b0418c757c3ae4

28. Post #748
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,466 Posts
    Or how about you ask in the questions thread...

29. Post #749
    i shave my eyebrows
    November 2011
    905 Posts
    buy the flakjacks from www.goggleoverstock.com

youre being ripped off at airsoftgi

30. Post #750
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,992 Posts
    I just bought a new RRV, a RRV backpack, a new admin pouch and a DCU MICH cover in preparation for Operation Blacksheep.

31. Post #751
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,264 Posts
    I'm gonna order the magazine fed Maruzen Defender I sometime next week. My tech said he's down for rigging it onto some kind of standard midcap magazine, and I'll be putting it on the external CO2.

Then I'll just be some DCUs and nice googles away from being all ready for Blacksheep.

32. Post #752
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,992 Posts
    I need DCU pants still, just bid on a pair on Ebay if I can't get them cheap I'll grab them at my local Surplus Store. I also need new Goggles.

33. Post #753
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    12,025 Posts
    My K6-3 and CVC helmet arrived today!

and the K6-3 is a later production version by tacgear.ru so it's noticably nicer than previous versions

Edited:

also it came with fre Russian blue tape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

34. Post #754
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,498 Posts
    I'm gonna order the magazine fed Maruzen Defender I sometime next week. My tech said he's down for rigging it onto some kind of standard midcap magazine, and I'll be putting it on the external CO2.

Then I'll just be some DCUs and nice googles away from being all ready for Blacksheep.
    Bro, bro, man, bro, bro For reals I think I'm gonna buy a Maruzen shotgun, because quite frankly I have a shitload of monies. What would I need to get an M1100 working at 100% capacity in terms of reliability? Would it cost more to do all the shit I'd need than to just buy an M870 with the power upgrade?

35. Post #755
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,264 Posts
    Bro, bro, man, bro, bro For reals I think I'm gonna buy a Maruzen shotgun, because quite frankly I have a shitload of monies. What would I need to get an M1100 working at 100% capacity in terms of reliability? Would it cost more to do all the shit I'd need than to just buy an M870 with the power upgrade?
    M1100 is the better choice by far while its working, although to get things optimal you'll need to be willing to sacrifice looks. That acceptable to you?

36. Post #756
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,498 Posts
    I don't giva fuck if it's pink with unicorns as long as it's a CQB death machine

37. Post #757
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,264 Posts
    I don't giva fuck if it's pink with unicorns as long as it's a CQB death machine
    Okay, so you're gonna need some things.
    First, the M1100 Defender II or M1100 Revision are the best choices. All M1100's use the same length inner barrel, so the only thing you lose on going small is some mag capacity, which can be made up for.

Next, one assload of shells. Like 40 minimum. Make sure you have o-rings for every once of your shells, I can get you dimensions on them later.

Third, an external CO2 or HPA Rig, I can guide you through that, its really easy.

Fourth, make an account on Arnie's Airsoft and PM Schaap about getting one of his custom lifters. They're not officially done yet, but it shouldn't be a whole lot longer.

Then uhh, whatever silly shotgun modifications you'd like, as well as a way of carrying both fired and ready shells.

Edited:

Keep in mind, your shotgun's extractor will wear down regardless, but hopefully by the time it does, we'll have finished the M1014 kit and you can buy a custom one from Schaap.
    Also, the smaller size M1100 will fit his kit just as well as the larger one, so save some money for that.

38. Post #758
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,498 Posts
    So the full stock M1100 is a no go?

In that case I'll go with the Defender II + folding stock.

Where's the cheapest place for shells? Ebay?

39. Post #759
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,264 Posts
    The full size M1100 is inconvenient for carrying and much more inconvenient to rig onto an external setup.
    I've got all my shells from used maruzen sales, so I dunno about that. Just shop around the regular places and you'll find a deal or two.

40. Post #760
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,498 Posts
    What if I wanted to do the full size and "saw" it off right at the end of the forend?

What extra work would it take to rig the full stock for external air?