Edited:

and i thought you bought a real POSP
    not some chinese thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1562
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,977 Posts
    Also my 1P29 came with bonuses - PKM/RPK scope cams (for being able to adjust the scope for different platforms), a spare eyepiece retainer, a spare eyepiece, a sight adjustment tool, some lens wipes, manual (in English), and a really nice canvas satchel

The only lacking thing I would say is the tritium so the reticle glows in the dark
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #1563
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,671 Posts
    I didn't get a Bulgarian one because I didn't want to spend 200 dollars on one. But its still a real steel quality scope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1564
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,977 Posts
    1P29 > PSO
    don't forget the two optics were made with different objectives in mind though

the 1P29 was made to attach to multiple types of guns like the PKM, RPK, AK74 and developed after the PSO-1, meanwhile the PSO-1 was meant to attach to the SVD (mainly) for it's time in the 60s

would I pick the 1P29 over the PSO? Yes certainly as it has a novelty value and as a collector and airsofter it allows something more unique in my closet

Edited:

the PSO-1 is really nice though. My Russian teammate has a real Russian one and a Bulgarian one. The hammered grey finish on the Bulgarian one is really nice and is built like a tank (refer to notrabies cringing over my teammate holding his RS SVD by the scope) and it certainly has better eye relief over the 1P29 which is made of mirrors because the Brits were geniouses when they made the 1P29. PSO-1 is definately lighter and easier to obtain too, but I never really liked how it looked on the AK so I passed up on it

5. Post #1565
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,222 Posts
    (refer to notrabies cringing over my teammate holding his RS SVD by the scope)
    You forget the fact that I own a Real Sword SVD. You don't drop hammers on steel toed boots all day, you shouldn't treat something that expensive like that just because you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #1566
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,977 Posts
    You don't drop hammers on steel toed boots all day, you shouldn't treat something that expensive like that just because you can.
    Because he obviously swung his RS SVD by the scope and bashed it on the ground while holding the scope and doesn't even care about keeping his $600+ gun and good condition; Not trying to sound like an asshole (I agree with you partially however) but you should know if you own the RS SVD that the mount can and will take a beating and if you've handled milspec optics (which I assume you've had) they won't break and fall off the moment you grab it by the tube. See the video I added below, if you think that holding your 1 million dollar realsword by the scope is bad, you're probably just overreacting over such a small issue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1567
    December 2009
    13,319 Posts
    If I had a RS SVD I would treat it like shit just because it can handle it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #1568
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,977 Posts
    If I had a RS SVD I would treat it like shit just because it can handle it.
    I wouldn't, but the Type 56 can take one hell of a beating

I would assume all their guns except for the new sportsline series can take a similar beating
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1569
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    5,965 Posts
    Dem Estonian women...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #1570
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,977 Posts
    I'm surprised the explosion didn't fuck up the gearbox or warp it and shit

11. Post #1571
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,222 Posts
    Hey remember that time I broke my RS SVD's stock when I fell into soft grass? I'm speaking from experience bro.

12. Post #1572
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,977 Posts
    Hey remember that time I broke my RS SVD's stock when I fell into soft grass? I'm speaking from experience bro.
    That's probably just bad luck on your part

shit happens

13. Post #1573
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,222 Posts
    Nope, its because they have to hollow out the pistol grip portion of the stock to make room for the motor, which makes it very thin wood there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #1574
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,977 Posts
    Nope, its because they have to hollow out the pistol grip portion of the stock to make room for the motor, which makes it very thin wood there.
    Now that's an issue I haven't heard of; I always assumed that RS made custom stock/grips that are thicker like on the AKs because my hand barely wraps around the thing; never read about stocks breaking either

Edited:

but putting wooden parts aside, their metal construction makes them nigh indestructable afaik

15. Post #1575
    December 2009
    13,319 Posts
    I wouldn't, but the Type 56 can take one hell of a beating

I would assume all their guns except for the new sportsline series can take a similar beating
    I kind of want to try that with a Type 97. But I'd be worried about that because it's polymer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #1576
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,222 Posts
    Now that's an issue I haven't heard of; I always assumed that RS made custom stock/grips that are thicker like on the AKs because my hand barely wraps around the thing; never read about stocks breaking either

Edited:

but putting wooden parts aside, their metal construction makes them nigh indestructable afaik
    Good theory, but the biggest issue regardless is that it won't fit real parts and no one makes clone parts so you'd have to through them directly.

But yeah, the metal bits are absolutely top notch, and its worth noting that the gun continued shooting no problem with the motor visible and the stock misaligned.

17. Post #1577
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,977 Posts
    Good theory, but the biggest issue regardless is that it won't fit real parts and no one makes clone parts so you'd have to through them directly.

But yeah, the metal bits are absolutely top notch, and its worth noting that the gun continued shooting no problem with the motor visible and the stock misaligned.
    actually I seen some guy dremel his real polymer furniture and attach it to his real sword

fucking beautiful

Edited:

found the pic

:iia:

18. Post #1578
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    reverse post reticle is awesome

I can see where my bbs fall which I have problems with german post reticles because they cover the lower area
    that's why I always use it when I play arma

Edited:

also someone on my team has a RS Type 56, used it for a few games and while beautiful on the outside it definitely needs a better hop up or something to compete in actual games, the range is pretty bad on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

19. Post #1579
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,977 Posts
    I heard the motor was bad on the RS Type 56 as well

I might make a diy lens cover for my 1p29 because this shit getting shot out would be my number one nightmare; I can't stress this enough but this thing is beautiful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

20. Post #1580
    draw me like one of your french grills
    July 2008
    3,582 Posts
    After having tediously finally got my UKARA I'm going to be getting a L11A91 Diemaco custom made to suit my diabolical ends (and more importantly to help with the SBS loadout)

I've been struck a very good deal on the following:

SHS 13:1 High speed gears,
    Ultimate Piston + Piston Head,
    Systema Spring guide
    TM Eg1000 Motor
    Classic Army Metal C8 Diemaco Receiver
    Classic Army Gearbox Casing
    G&G 6mm Metal Ultimate bushing
    Madbull Ultimate Tightbore 6.03mm

And the propa stock and ACOG all for a reasonable sum in the $400 mark. I am most excited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #1581
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,475 Posts
    Looks good. Be careful with the SHS 13:1s though, they've been having some problems with their gear stems lately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

22. Post #1582
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,956 Posts
    Since I haven't purchased anything yet because I want to be sure of everything and what kind of loadout I'm aiming for, I might get the G&P M4 instead of the M16 so I have something that will be easier to use if I ever get into closer quarters. That way I can satisfy myself with other themes like the USAF CCT

Even though they're using a CAR-15 in this photo, I can call it "close enough".

I guess what I could use is some advice on what you think about M4 vs. M16. I'm going to start ordering once finals are over on Monday, I just want to make sure I won't regret anything later on and spend more money to make myself happy. Like earlier today I found out about the ESS Land Ops that work with glasses, when I was ready to order ESS Profile NVGs which don't.

Edited:

I'll also add that the field where I'll be going is a mix of woods, open fields with some decent trenches, and urban towns with other wooden buildings being built.

23. Post #1583
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,222 Posts
    I'd recommend a G&P M4 or CAR-15, as the additional barrel length on the M16 will not help that much, especially when compared to its weight.

I'm totally in favor of someone going Vietnam Green Beret with a CAR-15 and stuff, and your field sounds like it would work for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1584
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,956 Posts
    I'll just go with the M4 then. The CAR-15 would be awesome, but a G&P XM177 would be even better. There's a Classic Army XM177 but the battery compartment is really small due to the design of the real thing. The G&P XM177 conversion kit says it's for the Tokyo Marui M4/M16 series so I'm not really sure if it will also work on their M4 or CAR-15.

Thanks for the help.

So far on my planning list (I won't buy everything at once, I'll look for the lowest prices)...
    -G&P M4
    -9.6v ~4000mAh battery (still looking for a hobby shop with the right kind)
    -Airsoft Universal Smart Charger (or IMAX B6 if I find it)
    -Woodland BDU Ripstop Coat & Pants (I'll look in surplus store or these: http://bdu.com/propper-cotton-ripsto...coats/woodland , http://bdu.com/propper-cotton-ripsto...pants/woodland)
    -Black Combat Boots (This in surplus store as well)
    -Woodland Boonie Hat (To make the AF CCT, I'll look in surplus again or this: http://bdu.com/propper-nylon-cotton-...-hats/woodland)
    -Chest rig to hold M4 mags (might buy at local field pro shop)
    -M4 Sling (might buy at local field pro shop)
    -ESS Land Ops (off of Ebay)
    -Iron Face Mask (pro shop)

That should get me a complete set to recreate the picture I posted above. I also have my PASGT helmet to change between the AF CCT and regular AF Airman/US Army soldier. I would go for complete accuracy in the loadout but I haven't gotten into looking for the chest rig and packs they used for a late 1980s/early 1990s soldier.

25. Post #1585
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,222 Posts

26. Post #1586
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,956 Posts
    Oh man, it's Battlefield Vietnam all over again.

The only problem is that it doesn't have an orange cap, is that something they can fix before they ship it? Also now it's the E1 vs E2 haha.

Edited:

I read that the E2 was more common and the E1 was normally used by Navy SEALS, so it sounds like E2 is the way to go if orange can be added to the tip of the barrel. Thanks for those links, I usually tend to stick to searching on whatever site is recommended, I haven't seen ehobbyasia before.

27. Post #1587
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,222 Posts
    Yeah they automatically orange tip it, have a 100% money back if your order is seized by customs, and generally do a pretty good job.
    Just remember that those G&P's use dean's type batteries so make sure you have a backup one as not many people use deans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1588
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,980 Posts
    Just purchased:

1 hole balaclava
    A PASGT helmet
    A polycarb faceshield for the PASGT
    Navy blue BDUs

29. Post #1589
    I LET MY M1 DO THE TALKING
    April 2012
    2,395 Posts
    Just purchased:

1 hole balaclava
    A PASGT helmet
    A polycarb faceshield for the PASGT
    Navy blue BDUs
    S.W.A.T. right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

30. Post #1590
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,980 Posts
    S.W.A.T. right?
    That, GIGN, and SAS

Edited:

Already have a gasmask for SAS, though its an M40 I would like to get an S10 for a more accurate

(note these are based off of CS:S)

31. Post #1591
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    4,592 Posts
    That, GIGN, and SAS

Edited:

Already have a gasmask for SAS, though its an M40 I would like to get an S10 for a more accurate

(note these are based off of CS:S)
    You don't want a SWAT, GIGN, or SAS loadout. What you want is a SHIELD loadout:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #1592
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,980 Posts
    i can do that too since i already have a plate carrier

Edited:

im taking pictures of all of it so

33. Post #1593
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,956 Posts
    I just bought these black ESS Land Ops.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ht_2019wt_1177

$25 + $3 shipping for goggles in perfect condition, I'm happy.

Edited:

This guy has a lot of cool stuff, and this transport case looks like it could store a lot gear in your car: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Sto...ht_2193wt_1177
    I can imagine it could fit a BDU coat and pants, knee pads, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Loa...ht_1561wt_1177

This looks neat, and light. I'll have to consider this when I choose what I want to use to carry the magazines.

I could spend hours browsing Ebay for stuff I want to buy.

34. Post #1594
    HEY GUYS DID I MENTION I'M IN THE ARMY
    March 2006
    3,265 Posts
    I just bought these black ESS Land Ops.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ht_2019wt_1177

$25 + $3 shipping for goggles in perfect condition, I'm happy.

Edited:

This guy has a lot of cool stuff, and this transport case looks like it could store a lot gear in your car: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Sto...ht_2193wt_1177
    I can imagine it could fit a BDU coat and pants, knee pads, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Loa...ht_1561wt_1177

This looks neat, and light. I'll have to consider this when I choose what I want to use to carry the magazines.

I could spend hours browsing Ebay for stuff I want to buy.
    I remember using that web gear back in AIT. That stuff is pretty restrictive on what you can carry on it, as it has fixed pouches. I did not like it at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #1595
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,956 Posts
    I'll take that off my list then, thanks. I'll just keep looking. Here's another one I'm looking at: http://www.evike.com/product_info.ph...ducts_id=37953

Mainly I would prefer woodland ALICE web gear to go with the early 1990s look but I'm still searching for a good set that will have M4/M16 pouches. (Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-PC-UTILITY...#ht_3700wt_919)

36. Post #1596
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    I remember using that web gear back in AIT. That stuff is pretty restrictive on what you can carry on it, as it has fixed pouches. I did not like it at all.
    yeah, LBV-88s. those loops at the bottom are for an ALICE belt but the mag placement kind of sucks and the shoulder pads are really bulky. i've got one

37. Post #1597
    NEO 卐 NAZI HERO <3
    September 2009
    3,942 Posts
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Enhanced...52010687371454

WHAT A STEAL!!!!!

ONLY $999.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #1598
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,000 Posts
    7 sold

Well, we know there's at least 7 gullible idiots who browse ebay for airsoft guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #1599
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,513 Posts
    they were sold for 179.99
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1600
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,828 Posts
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Enhanced...52010687371454

WHAT A STEAL!!!!!

ONLY $999.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We've been over this before, when they run out of stock on an item they raise the price instead of taking down the listing. Makes it easier to organize and costs less in fees.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)