1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,619 Posts
    Post your stupid questions here if you can't be bothered to use Google. One of our attendants is standing by to deride you.

Carry on, gentlemen.

I'm tired of how front-heavy my gun is, it's meh trigger response, and the clunky battery box on the front that constantly rattles because of the nunchuck battery inside it.

Should I get a rewire to rear + buffer tube lipo setup?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2008
    441 Posts
    Best shoulder-holster for a single-stack 1911? One that also holds Magazines would be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,828 Posts
    What sort of battery are you using? A Lipo would help, but if you're already on a 9.6 or greater it might be worthwhile to look into a high-torque motor. I'm sure Jat knows more about this, but it's my understanding that if you try to just dump more power into a mediocre motor to get it to where you want, it's likely to just burn out.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,997 Posts
    What battery should i go for if i want a really small but powerful one, like something the size of a lipo but with the output of something like a 9.6v battery.

I'm not too well educated in terms of battery powers and things so feel free to enlighten me if i'm being dumb about anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,619 Posts
    What sort of battery are you using? A Lipo would help, but if you're already on a 9.6 or greater it might be worthwhile to look into a high-torque motor. I'm sure Jat knows more about this, but it's my understanding that if you try to just dump more power into a mediocre motor to get it to where you want, it's likely to just burn out.
    Tenergy 9.6v 2200 mAh nunchuck. The trigger response is better than my M16, but this thing still does lock up frequently and I can't compete with the high percentage of souped-up-gun-rolling elite players we have, who are pretty much the only people I face normally. To avoid the full auto restrictions, nearly everyone use beastly semi-only guns and spams on that setting instead. One way or another I'm going to have to upgrade this aspect of my M4.

Like I said, I'm also growing tired of haggling with the exposed wires on the front of my gun. They take damage over time, they look horrible, the battery box makes a disturbing amount of noise, and just setting up said battery box is a pain every time I have to put the battery in and out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #6
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,474 Posts
    Best shoulder-holster for a single-stack 1911? One that also holds Magazines would be great.
    An M3 or M7 shoulder holster would be best. They don't hold magazines though.
    http://www.ima-usa.com/militaria/hol...r-holster.html
    http://www.ima-usa.com/militaria/hol...m-c-brown.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,214 Posts
    Tenergy 9.6v 2200 mAh nunchuck. The trigger response is better than my M16, but this thing still does lock up frequently and I can't compete with the high percentage of souped-up-gun-rolling elite players we have, who are pretty much the only people I face normally. To avoid the full auto restrictions, nearly everyone use beastly semi-only guns and spams on that setting instead. One way or another I'm going to have to upgrade this aspect of my M4.

Like I said, I'm also growing tired of haggling with the exposed wires on the front of my gun. They take damage over time, they look horrible, the battery box makes a disturbing amount of noise, and just setting up said battery box is a pain every time I have to put the battery in and out.
    To my knowledge, rewiring to the rear is really easy. You just take your existing wiring, and run it out from the rear instead of the front, just pull your gearbox out and put the wiring in the buffer tube. You will have to cut it to length and reattach your plug, but that's it. Its also a great excuse to wire things to Dean's if you want to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2010
    1,031 Posts
    Wait, could I wire to rear without replacing wire set? I have a crane stock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,959 Posts
    I'm tired of how front-heavy my gun is, it's meh trigger response, and the clunky battery box on the front that constantly rattles because of the nunchuck battery inside it.

Should I get a rewire to rear + buffer tube lipo setup?
    M4? Go crane stock. It's so fucking comfortable when aiming down your sights. And you'd have a free choice between lipos and nunchuck batteries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,619 Posts
    M4? Go crane stock. It's so fucking comfortable when aiming down your sights. And you'd have a free choice between lipos and nunchuck batteries.
    A crane stock is $40 alone. If I remember right labor is free at the shop, but if not, that's just way too much money.

11. Post #11
    POOP DICKS
    August 2008
    4,902 Posts
    How do I remove the outer barrel of dboys 74u
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

12. Post #12
    June 2009
    465 Posts
    Can I put any of these on a tm?
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...Metal_Body.htm
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...i_M4_M16A2.htm
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...M16_Series.htm
    Redwolf says they aren't compatible with the front end, but only on some of them.

13. Post #13
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,474 Posts
    To my knowledge, rewiring to the rear is really easy. You just take your existing wiring, and run it out from the rear instead of the front, just pull your gearbox out and put the wiring in the buffer tube. You will have to cut it to length and reattach your plug, but that's it. Its also a great excuse to wire things to Dean's if you want to do that.
    Other way around. You can go back-to-front, but not front-to-back.
    He'll need a new wire harness

Edited:

They'll all fit on a standard TM. Only the middle one is kinda iffy on the front set.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,997 Posts
    Are there any M16A1 colored A2 style recievers? I need a lower with a magazine fence on the side of the reciever, but anything other than VN recievers tend to be black.

I require one for a ~secret project~ but they seem to be nonexistant and i don't want to butcher the nice VN slab sided lower i have.

15. Post #15
    March 2009
    2,447 Posts
    couldn't you respray a regular one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Taiwan Show Events

16. Post #16
    June 2009
    465 Posts
    Ok, so If I got http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...M16_Series.htm
    plus
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol..._Clockwise.htm
    It would be $185 for a conversion to xm177e2
    or would it be way easier/better to say fuck it and spend $285 for the g&p xm177?

17. Post #17
    July 2010
    1,031 Posts
    Sooo..can I or can I not wire front to rear without replacing shit, and if I wanted to, what would I need to replace?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

18. Post #18
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,474 Posts
    Sooo..can I or can I not wire front to rear without replacing shit, and if I wanted to, what would I need to replace?
    You need a new wire harness
    get this one
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.ph...661f1841a2dba0

Edited:

Ok, so If I got http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...M16_Series.htm
    plus
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol..._Clockwise.htm
    It would be $185 for a conversion to xm177e2
    or would it be way easier/better to say fuck it and spend $285 for the g&p xm177?
    Honestly it would probably be more worth it to just spend the dosh on the G&P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    June 2009
    465 Posts
    Ya i just realized there would be even more shit to replace then that. I'll probably just get rid of my tm, and maybe get the g&p. I don't really like the tm anyway.

20. Post #20
    July 2010
    1,031 Posts
    Felix, is there a tutorial anywhere on how exactly to wire to the back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

21. Post #21
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    How do I keep my battle belt from ending up around my stomach when im CRAWLING IN MY SKIIII-
    no but really, it likes to ride up.

22. Post #22
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,474 Posts
    How do I keep my battle belt from ending up around my stomach when im CRAWLING IN MY SKIIII-
    no but really, it likes to ride up.
    Tighten it. Suspenders might help too.
    But it really should ride around your waist anyways.

Edited:

Felix, is there a tutorial anywhere on how exactly to wire to the back?
    You just replace the switch. The wires are all connected to the switch, so just take the old one out, put the new one in, and align the wires through the little channel on the sides of the gearbox

should look like the middle picture when you're done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    I have suspenders, they keep the belt from ending up around my knees. Guess I just need a better belt to go inside the padding.

24. Post #24
    March 2009
    2,447 Posts
    what battle belt do you use?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Taiwan Show Events

25. Post #25
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,474 Posts
    I have suspenders, they keep the belt from ending up around my knees. Guess I just need a better belt to go inside the padding.
    Really the only thing you can do then is to tighten it more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    I have an lolvelcro belt thing that's a pita to get tight. I'll just spend the extra time next game to get it extra tight and see if that helps. I really cant give too shits about gear because the best gear in the world wont help you if you have a crappy gun :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,474 Posts
    I have an lolvelcro belt thing that's a pita to get tight. I'll just spend the extra time next game to get it extra tight and see if that helps. I really cant give too shits about gear because the best gear in the world wont help you if you have a crappy gun :3
    You should invest in the wonderful world of ALICE gear :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    GOSH FUDGING DARNIT
    January 2008
    7,367 Posts
    ayo felix do you have a spare m90 or m100 spring

29. Post #29
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,474 Posts
    I think I have an M100 somewhere

30. Post #30
    GOSH FUDGING DARNIT
    January 2008
    7,367 Posts
    okee

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    September 2010
    2,109 Posts
    :3

32. Post #32
    March 2009
    2,447 Posts
    :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Taiwan Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    June 2010
    2,153 Posts

One of these?

The solution is in your pants.

As in, just get pants with wide enough belt loops to fit it. 5.11 tac or cargo pants do it, whilst being super comfy.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,670 Posts
    This is the fucking WORST OP.

Jesus christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,214 Posts
    This is the fucking WORST OP.

Jesus christ.
    THIS IS WHY I EXIST
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,828 Posts
    I really cant give too shits about gear because the best gear in the world wont help you if you have a crappy gun :3
    YOU

you have your priorities right

But yeah ALICE gear is really really cheap, and webbing is very effective. I have a friend who got a set of M-58 web gear and uses it for a week-long Nerf game on campus, and it serves him very well. I'd figure if it's good enough to be used for a solid week, it's good enough for a few hours of airsoft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #37
    August 2008
    931 Posts

One of these?

The solution is in your pants.

As in, just get pants with wide enough belt loops to fit it. 5.11 tac or cargo pants do it, whilst being super comfy.

Ha ha you a funny guy.

anyways It's not even that nice, basically a big metal ladder lock as the "buckle"

Edited:

YOU

you have your priorities right

But yeah ALICE gear is really really cheap, and webbing is very effective. I have a friend who got a set of M-58 web gear and uses it for a week-long Nerf game on campus, and it serves him very well. I'd figure if it's good enough to be used for a solid week, it's good enough for a few hours of airsoft.
    more like if its good enough to be used for years in several wars, its good enough for airsoft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Dumpster Duke
    July 2009
    12,343 Posts
    Since the gun I was going to buy sold out before the paypal stops being gay can anyone recommend me a good CQB gun for under 240$
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,474 Posts
    Since the gun I was going to buy sold out before the paypal stops being gay can anyone recommend me a good CQB gun for under 240$
    AK, M4, MP5? What are you looking for?

40. Post #40
    Dumpster Duke
    July 2009
    12,343 Posts
    Probably an AR because I have STANAG mid caps laying around.