I'm not sure about that...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

3. Post #443
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,533 Posts
    and is the cm048 stock battery?
    Yeah the battery goes in the stock. You can fit a 9.6v in there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #444
    POOP DICKS
    August 2008
    4,912 Posts
    Do akm handguards fit ak100 series?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #445
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    It depends on the handguards and the country of manufacture. and it depends on if its for a milled or stamped receiver.

Generally speaking all stamped receiver furniture will fit all stamped receiver guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #446
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,533 Posts
    So I'm finally investing in lipo batteries, and I've figured out everthing I'm getting except if I should get some sort of monitor.

How does everyone else monitor their lipos?

I'm getting a couple of these if it makes any difference
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10289

7. Post #447
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,351 Posts
    I've never used a lipo monitor, which is why only one of my lipos still works.
    Just get the kind that beep/make noise and plug into the small lipo plug. Super cheap and you only need one for each voltage of lipo you'll have.
    Also, in my opinion 40c might be a little high, but it is a 7.4v so you should be cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #448
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    Also, in my opinion 40c might be a little high, but it is a 7.4v so you should be cool.
    40C is what it can safely discharge, not what it will discharge at. They cost pennies more than a 20 or 25C and are so much safer.

I use a FET that has lipo protection, and my ESCs in my rc cars have built in lipo protection, so I dont know what a good monitor is.

Although I find it funny that it's so stressed you monitor lipo but nimh can just as easily be damaged by over discharging.

9. Post #449
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,351 Posts
    40C is what it can safely discharge, not what it will discharge at. They cost pennies more than a 20 or 25C and are so much safer.

I use a FET that has lipo protection, and my ESCs in my rc cars have built in lipo protection, so I dont know what a good monitor is.

Although I find it funny that it's so stressed you monitor lipo but nimh can just as easily be damaged by over discharging.
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but it states it has a constant output of 40c, and I think its going into a gun with normal wiring, with possibly deans or better connectors, wouldn't that equate itself to the full 40c's at once?

10. Post #450
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    So I'm finally investing in lipo batteries, and I've figured out everthing I'm getting except if I should get some sort of monitor.

How does everyone else monitor their lipos?

I'm getting a couple of these if it makes any difference
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10289
    also hobby king is back ordered on XT60 connectors, so you might want to get something like this:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14543

Edited:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it states it has a constant output of 40c, and I think its going into a gun with normal wiring, with possibly deans or better connectors, wouldn't that equate itself to the full 40c's at once?
    No that's the rate its capable of discharging constantly without puffing and leading to terrible things. In the case of this battery, that's 72 amps.
    The battery does not dictate the current, the load does, and the motor is the main load in airsoft. So the motor will pull whatever current it wants out of the battery, or break the battery trying.

11. Post #451
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,533 Posts
    also hobby king is back ordered on XT60 connectors, so you might want to get something like this:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14543
    I'm getting some male XT60s off ebay so I should be fine there.

I can't afford a FET right now, but should I be too worried about that?

I've heard those beeping monitors kinda suck though so I'm not sure if I should get one

12. Post #452
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    personally I would try this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rm_2s_4s_.html

they plug right into the battery balancing lead so you dont have to do any extra monkey wiring, and it's better than nothing. In the long run it should save you money.

13. Post #453
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,533 Posts
    Thanks, that should hold me over till I can afford a nice FET atleast

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    I have one of those alarms. Doesn't help me one bit. Fire a burst of full auto, it beeps.

I rather just use the method of when you think the ROF drops, switch batteries. But in case I do need to check out the battery I have a device similar to the alarm, but it has a read-out that tells me the voltage of each cell and the total voltage. Good way to tell if you cells are out of balance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #455
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    What is a good but cheap gun bag that can fit an RPK?

16. Post #456
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,533 Posts
    I'm just gonna get one of each type of monitor and see what works best

Edited:

What is a good but cheap gun bag that can fit an RPK?
    Just go to Meijer and get a soft gun bag that's long enough. Anything more than that and you're getting into $70+ bags and by that point you might as well buy a hard case

17. Post #457
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    I'm just gonna get one of each type of monitor and see what works best

Edited:

Just go to Meijer and get a soft gun bag that's long enough. Anything more than that and you're getting into $70+ bags and by that point you might as well buy a hard case
    Can I get a link to a bag? I searched around on the site and didn't see anything.
    Also Jat what is that website you said to get all the batteries and shit from? I need a smart charger and I don't wasnt to order overpriced shit from asgi

18. Post #458
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    Also Jat what is that website you said to get all the batteries and shit from? I need a smart charger and I don't wasnt to order overpriced shit from asgi
    you must not read much.

19. Post #459
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    you must not read much.
    oh wow

Edited:

you must not read much.
    care to recommend a good smart charger?

20. Post #460
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    Thunder AC6 or iMAX B6.

Some of the iMax B6 chargers dont entirely balance correctly, the one i have does unless my multimeter is off.

Edited:

oh and the thunder ac6 only does lipo/life/lipoly

21. Post #461
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    Thunder AC6 or iMAX B6.

Some of the iMax B6 chargers dont entirely balance correctly, the one i have does unless my multimeter is off.

Edited:

oh and the thunder ac6 only does lipo/life/lipoly
    Does the b6 come with the Tamiya connectors or whatever?

22. Post #462
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    no. tamiya connectors are for people with downs syndrome. seriously they're beyond terrible.

Edited:

but they do have alligator clips i've used to charge tamiya(not mine god no I even offered to change out the connectors for free for the dude.) with no problems

23. Post #463
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    no. tamiya connectors are for people with downs syndrome. seriously they're beyond terrible.

Edited:

but they do have alligator clips i've used to charge tamiya(not mine god no I even offered to change out the connectors for free for the dude.) with no problems
    Why is tamiya so bad? Are there any adapters so I can charge my battery that came with my RPK?

24. Post #464
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    yes

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/108...ns-ultra-plugs

although I would use XT60s now instead of deans

25. Post #465
    December 2008
    1,666 Posts
    Going to my first OP this Friday night/Saturday. I'm supposed to pitch my own tent Friday night in the low 30's and we're going to watch a war movie, hit the hay early and start at 7AM. Anything I should know about ops in General? Playing in a sort of spread out urban area:

http://arrateam.proboards.com/index....ay&thread=1903

Being optimistic that my 2000mAh 7.4v lipo will last the whole time :V but taking my hueg 8.4v 3600mAh battery just in case.

26. Post #466
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,223 Posts
    Going to my first OP this Friday night/Saturday. I'm supposed to pitch my own tent Friday night in the low 30's and we're going to watch a war movie, hit the hay early and start at 7AM. Anything I should know about ops in General? Playing in a sort of spread out urban area:

http://arrateam.proboards.com/index....ay&thread=1903

Being optimistic that my 2000mAh 7.4v lipo will last the whole time :V but taking my hueg 8.4v 3600mAh battery just in case.
    Bring instant coffee, and some way of preparing it if you don't already have one.

27. Post #467
    June 2010
    2,158 Posts
    The XT60's are just as good as the deans? I never bothered due to how easy they are to accidentally short and the resulting fires burning everything and everyone I've ever held dear.

Will probably be the first thing I do when I finally get around to fixing my AK, since the batteries also have the disadvantage of having 3 nautical miles of cable to fit under the cover, better connectors is just a bonus when trimming them down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #468
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    13,053 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

29. Post #469
    POOP DICKS
    August 2008
    4,912 Posts
    Its long as fuck and classic army so my answer would be no. Why so expensive?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #470
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    The XT60's are just as good as the deans? I never bothered due to how easy they are to accidentally short and the resulting fires burning everything and everyone I've ever held dear.

Will probably be the first thing I do when I finally get around to fixing my AK, since the batteries also have the disadvantage of having 3 nautical miles of cable to fit under the cover, better connectors is just a bonus when trimming them down.
    the xt60s are better than deans.

31. Post #471
    December 2009
    13,738 Posts
    I think Kill had one of those. I remember him saying it sucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #472
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,351 Posts
    No, god help you if you buy Classic Army. The internals will break really quick, and then the good looking externals will fall apart as they're almost certainly made of cheap pot metal.
    If you want a quality AR, get a VFC, G&G, or G&P.
    Between those you can find most any design under the sun for the right amount of dosh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #473
    December 2008
    1,666 Posts
    Bring instant coffee, and some way of preparing it if you don't already have one.
    Not really a coffee guy, I'm pretty good at getting up when I need to get up. One thing that I feel really dumb about being unsure of, I wonder if they're going to have water...

34. Post #474
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,223 Posts
    Not really a coffee guy, I'm pretty good at getting up when I need to get up. One thing that I feel really dumb about being unsure of, I wonder if they're going to have water...
    Probably, but bring any canteens you have just in case.

35. Post #475
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    dont do caffeine. It constricts your blood vessels which is the last thing you want when you're running around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #476
    March 2010
    219 Posts
    and it makes you pee

37. Post #477
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,351 Posts
    Water and Gatorade all day. Stay away from juices since the sugar can impede you and attract bad things to your tent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #478
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,223 Posts
    dont do caffeine. It constricts your blood vessels which is the last thing you want when you're running around.

Replace that guy with me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #479
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    12,082 Posts
    I think Kill had one of those. I remember him saying it sucked.
    rusted easily

shitty hopup

heavy as fuck despite being shit

externals are shit and rusts everywhere

external sucks

external sucks

lack of spare parts if externals crap out

weeird gearbox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

40. Post #480
    December 2009
    13,738 Posts