1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    All the seating is based off the American Airlines Center.

You're right about the seats needing to be steeper in that section

broke my automege
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    645 Posts

Update on my previous post, being banned gave me loads of time to work.

Also, the fog in HDR is fucking weird and it took me a while to understand while my fog always came out really bright.

*Updated*

Slightly ruined the 3D skybox fog, it's a bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    February 2010
    635 Posts
    i think you should add an orange light on the house or a street light to give it contrast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

4. Post #164
    Do it right now!

Looks good in editor.

VS normal version
    Fix ur shaders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts

Looks good in editor.

Fix ur shaders.
    NOPE. You can wait till I update my mod, maybe you'll learn to shut the fuck up when you can use DAT GRASS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

6. Post #166
    NOPE. You can wait till I update my mod, maybe you'll learn to shut the fuck up when you can use DAT GRASS.
    Maybe if you add FXAA and cubemaps back.
    Also fix the flashlight going over Parallaxed surfaces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #167
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    Maybe if you add FXAA and cubemaps back.
    Also fix the flashlight going over Parallaxed surfaces.
    GIVE ME A MOTHERFUCKING MINUTE BOY. When I update my mod with the new shader editor you can have your fxaa bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,160 Posts

Edited:

RGB code needs more colors!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    Viking Member
    November 2008
    5,372 Posts

Rendered with 48mbps and youtube still does a mighty fine job at raping it. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 37Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,437 Posts

This is not Source.
    Jesus Christ dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Disagree Disagree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Probably the most arrogant mapper in the World
    June 2007
    1,685 Posts
    I love how basic the map is and yet how awesome it looks. Great work on the detail sprites.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

12. Post #172
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    5,954 Posts
    I tried to get back into mapping, but I couldn't seem to decide what to create. So screw it, I'm stepping away from my usual style.
    (obviously WiP, just wanted to capture the cartoon style for now)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 11Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #173
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    I tried to get back into mapping, but I couldn't seem to decide what to create. So screw it, I'm stepping away from my usual style.

Blocky with model spam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,256 Posts

Thought it was a drawing at first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31Useful Useful x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,548 Posts
    Thought it was a drawing at first.
    I'm not seeing it as anything BUT a drawing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

16. Post #176
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts

Neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,352 Posts

Needs poorly scribbled stick people as playermodels
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,739 Posts

You truly are a viking!

Edited:

Like me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

19. Post #179
    Headhack Honcho
    July 2009
    4,071 Posts

Unless the map is incredibly small, how did you get the detail placement so dense? When I tried at with a fairly dense placement value, it would refuse to compile saying there were too many detail props...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    I decided to make a SSBump shader for models, hopefully someone will find it useful.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    I decided to make a SSBump shader for models, hopefully someone will find it useful.

"The Facepunch "Shader Pimpage/WIP" Thread V1"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,160 Posts

Edited the skybox and added fresh snow on that pavement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    "The Facepunch "Shader Pimpage/WIP" Thread V1"
    Nowhere else to post, plus people like things that make their maps look better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    Nowhere else to post, plus people like things that make their maps look better.
    I like to call it filter raping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    I like to call it filter raping.
    I call it if you don't like it don't use it.

My ssbump texture is just for testing, I'm not an artist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    Is it actually possible to improve lighting with shaders? I remember Hitman Blood money and Dragon Age had this post processing effect, it would be pretty nice to have it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #187
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    Is it actually possible to improve lighting with shaders? I remember Hitman Blood money and Dragon Age had this post processing effect, it would be pretty nice to have it.
    What sort of effect was that? This sort of thing "improves" lighting I guess...

Yes, it's the "Dragonborn" effect from the Headhunterz - Dragonborn music video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Everything in Source is rendered with shaders, even the lightmaps, cubemaps and sprites, shaders aren't just fancy effects. So yes, you can do anything with shaders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #189
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    Everything in Source is rendered with shaders, even the lightmaps, cubemaps and sprites, shaders aren't just fancy effects. So yes, you can do anything with shaders.
    Except raytraced eyes

Yes, he actually tried to convince people that he was doing some sort of magic to be able to "raytrace" offscreen stuff for the reflections in character eyes. More like he's a fucking idiot who knows nothing.

I just had to post this because just mentioning anything to do with this to Biohazard resulted in him raging about it for 10 minutes which was funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #190
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    5,954 Posts
    I was waiting for someone to say this. Yes, everything you see is rendered based off of a specific shader.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,527 Posts

Atleast put effort into it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

32. Post #192
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    Atleast put effort into it.

Me, effort?

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,038 Posts
    Is it just me who can barely tell the difference? Also, isn't this the mapping thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    737 Posts
    Lighting is going to be a nightmare...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,663 Posts
    you mean optimizing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

36. Post #196
    July 2011
    105 Posts
    N. Germain 2688834
    __Stores Work Bench__
    Yellow Manifest Sheet

I have been asked to repair the extinguisher brackets in the coal store. Normaly I wouldnt mind but there have been some bad happenings down there of late. I don't mind putting it down in writing as it's giving me a bit of a chill.
    Rod was down there last Monday, clearing the grates and he says there was something watching him from the corner which he can't explain. He said it was black and "sticky". I don't know what it means but I known it's got us all spooked on the maintenance crew. Worst thing is, he says it looked like a mastiff, and I don't trust dogs.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Mapping King Mapping King x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    Dance like it hurts, Love like you need money, Work when people are watching. ~Scott Adams
    December 2008
    711 Posts

(View video page for download links if you want to do this.)
    So this was a proof-of-concept. CS:S version is better, TF2 version is a wee bit buggy because I didn't give myself the time to research player sizes so I scaled the entire thing uniformly and adjusted a few clip brushes. Optimising for VVIS was, surprisingly, a breeze!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

38. Post #198
    April 2009
    1,797 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    After spending about four hours trying to make a decent exterior, I must ask.

HOW DO YOU WORK THIS MAGIC YOU WIZARD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #200
    April 2011
    525 Posts
    Nice work! One thing that would make it look even better would be to cover the windows with glass on the exterior, so they would actually look reflective. Either that or modify the texture to be reflective on the part that should be glass. Another thing that catches my eye is the sharp cutoff between the hardwood floor and tiling. Usually there's a border between tiling and wood flooring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)