1. Post #2721
    June 2008
    125 Posts
    More work on the movie theater map!

One of the theaters:

An alleyway between two theaters:

I do realize the theater's designed a bit weird; it's a bit narrow, projection booth is off center. Fixing that will require rebalancing the map, so I'll wait until I've got the map at least playable before messing with it. Barring that, aesthetically, what are your thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2722
    April 2009
    1,804 Posts
    "Too many vertex format changes in frame" is killing my shit

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

3. Post #2723
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,638 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #2724
    DFC
    September 2011
    276 Posts
    Loving the CS:GO stuff

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8 (list)

5. Post #2725
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,843 Posts
    Loving the CS:GO stuff

Mind sparing your key for a poor beggar?

And where'd you get the Chinese lamp textures? Are they in the game by default, or are they custom/ported?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

6. Post #2726
    Sir Michael Cole
    September 2008
    2,941 Posts

And where'd you get the Chinese lamp textures? Are they in the game by default, or are they custom/ported?
    They're props from one of the maps in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #2727
    DFC
    September 2011
    276 Posts

Already gave it away to a friend, sorry

8. Post #2728
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,843 Posts
    Already gave it away to a friend, sorry
    You will be the first to die.

And now:

Working on an old "nexus" project. Opinions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

9. Post #2729
    March 2010
    427 Posts

It's a little side project I started yesterday, a sort of ocean fortress for Gmod, with hangers that open to the water for flying vessels, as well as some other stuff I have yet to think of.

Also I'll see if I can make it into a TTT map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 16Winner Winner x 3Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

10. Post #2730
    December 2007
    786 Posts
    I started using the cs:go sdk for roughly 8 - 10 hours I'm having a lot of fun with it, I said I would post here because I really need to improve. Please criticize me whether it's about how shitty I take pictures, how ugly those giant tall walls are or whatever please do it!

This is an arsenal map I'm working on for cs:go and this is what I've done so far.

Top of watchtower

Bottom of watchtower

Building that watchtower is attached to

Current outside area

It's such a pain going through around 60 different model menus to find various different models, sometimes some maps have models I cant even find in the model browser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #2731
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    I started using the cs:go sdk for roughly 8 - 10 hours I'm having a lot of fun with it, I said I would post here because I really need to improve. Please criticize me whether it's about how shitty I take pictures, how ugly those giant tall walls are or whatever please do it!

This is an arsenal map I'm working on for cs:go and this is what I've done so far.

Bottom of watchtower

It's such a pain going through around 60 different model menus to find various different models, sometimes some maps have models I cant even find in the model browser.
    The door frame should fit the broken door next to it, the frame currently looks too short and wide.

Also, interesting image host name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #2732
    April 2011
    852 Posts

An alleyway between two theaters:

I do realize the theater's designed a bit weird; it's a bit narrow, projection booth is off center. Fixing that will require rebalancing the map, so I'll wait until I've got the map at least playable before messing with it. Barring that, aesthetically, what are your thoughts?
    don't spam the crates
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #2733
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,749 Posts
    Alright, I've added some color correction, tone map controllers and fog. It's all experimental, the values are not final, just testing out different settings.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Mapping King Mapping King x 4 (list)

14. Post #2734
    April 2011
    530 Posts
    More work on the movie theater map!

One of the theaters:

Maybe you could try finding a better texture for the walls of the theater. I've never seen a theater that has had walls like that, and it just bothers me. Other than that, I really like the map so far!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2735
    Everybody has a CS:GO beta. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #2736
    January 2012
    334 Posts
    Before photoshop

After photoshop

Why so many dumbs, i did CC ingame before i did photoshop and i couldn't get the results i wanted. It was just much easier to use that as a place holder before i get CC working so i could go work on other things and go try again later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2737
    May 2008
    240 Posts
    Before photoshop

After photoshop
    now you just need to use ColorCorrection to achieve the same effect in-game without photoshop!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2738
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,768 Posts
    I want CSGO so bad. Is it easy to port models to 2009?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

19. Post #2739
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    All of these CS:GO pictures make me want to make a map for it. How do I obtain a key? Does someone have to give one to me? Or sign up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #2740
    HASHTAG!
    January 2012
    551 Posts
    All of these CS:GO pictures make me want to make a map for it. How do I obtain a key? Does someone have to give one to me? Or sign up?
    steam://takesurvey/2/

Take the valve CS:GO survey and you will be entered into a draw for a CS:GO key. It's drawn every Friday by Valve and about 2'000 Keys are given out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #2741
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    3,502 Posts
    steam://takesurvey/2/

Take the valve CS:GO survey and you will be entered into a draw for a CS:GO key. It's drawn every Friday by Valve and about 2'000 Keys are given out.
    Or if your friend gets a key you can badger the extra one out of him.

(like I did)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

22. Post #2742
    August 2010
    293 Posts

Making progress on the minecraft-like TTT map. We are about halfway done with the brushwork for the entire map, but nowhere near with the entire thing. As you can probably see the lighting is just a stock light_environment and there are tons of textures to change. especially the leaves and grass.

Making this thing is such a grind ;_;
    Even when using this cleaning up and optimizing it is just painful.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...n-tf2-and-css/ (I think I would be insane by now, were it not for this.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

23. Post #2743
    March 2010
    1,062 Posts
    Before photoshop

After photoshop

Why so many dumbs, i did CC ingame before i did photoshop and i couldn't get the results i wanted. It was just much easier to use that as a place holder before i get CC working so i could go work on other things and go try again later.
    Were you going for it to look like the game "Limbo"? That's what it looks like after Photoshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

24. Post #2744
    April 2010
    727 Posts
    A little test...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM268SlnbhE

Edit: I tried to embed it, but it not working...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #2745
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,474 Posts

It's a little side project I started yesterday, a sort of ocean fortress for Gmod, with hangers that open to the water for flying vessels, as well as some other stuff I have yet to think of.

Also I'll see if I can make it into a TTT map.
    Reminds me a lot of Deus Ex : HR, also, that Skybox is wonderful!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

26. Post #2746
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Alright, I've added some color correction, tone map controllers and fog. It's all experimental, the values are not final, just testing out different settings.

Those benches do not fit at all. Those are outdoor benches, you might want to find an indoor bench model/skin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #2747
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Those benches do not fit at all. Those are outdoor benches, you might want to find an indoor bench model/skin.
    Actually, i believe they are down as either trainstation benches or indoor benches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

28. Post #2748
    March 2010
    1,062 Posts
    Actually, i believe they are down as either trainstation benches or indoor benches.
    They seem to be both I guess. They are seen both inside the trainstation and in the areas outside. They don't look bad in the picture they were used in either...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #2749
    DFC
    September 2011
    276 Posts
    They still look like park benches though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #2750
    November 2010
    2,871 Posts

Making progress on the minecraft-like TTT map. We are about halfway done with the brushwork for the entire map, but nowhere near with the entire thing. As you can probably see the lighting is just a stock light_environment and there are tons of textures to change. especially the leaves and grass.

Making this thing is such a grind ;_;
    Even when using this cleaning up and optimizing it is just painful.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...n-tf2-and-css/ (I think I would be insane by now, were it not for this.)
    What size are those blocks in source? 64 units?

31. Post #2751
    January 2012
    334 Posts
    Were you going for it to look like the game "Limbo"? That's what it looks like after Photoshop.
    Yeah thats what i was going after, I tried doing it ingame but every method i tried always ended with a beige tint. I needed a black and white filter or a second selective RGB but neither worked or wasn't there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

32. Post #2752
    March 2011
    4,749 Posts
    I'll check other models, see what I can find.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

33. Post #2753
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    What size are those blocks in source? 64 units?
    Doesn't make much sense considering players are 72/73 units tall and Steve only has a little bit of head space in a 2-block high area. Also, players can't jump over blocks that big. They should be 40 units[SUP]3[/SUP] imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #2754
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    They still look like park benches though
    Yes...but when has valve ever named something what you would expect it to be named.

The names i went through to find the utlity connectors were numerous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #2755
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    I'll check other models, see what I can find.
    This German site has some already compiled for Source, although I'm not sure if they're immensely better.
    http://www.gaming-models.de/index.php/product/123

That site is a good resource for Source models/textures, as well. Should check it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #2756
    March 2011
    4,749 Posts
    This German site has some already compiled for Source, although I'm not sure if they're immensely better.
    http://www.gaming-models.de/index.php/product/123

That site is a good resource for Source models/textures, as well. Should check it out.
    Thanks for the link man, should come in handy. Been looking for some sites with some free props for Hammer.

Edited:

Yes...but when has valve ever named something what you would expect it to be named.

The names i went through to find the utlity connectors were numerous.
    This. I've wasted a ton of time trying to find certain stuff, typing every possible name I could think of for it only to end up finding it under some weird ass name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #2757
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    This. I've wasted a ton of time trying to find certain stuff, typing every possible name I could think of for it only to end up finding it under some weird ass name.
    It's all part of the fun game of "what the hell did valve name that prop"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #2758
    March 2011
    4,749 Posts
    Did some quick brush work, put some basic buildings down with textures just to see how it'd all look. I think it turned out pretty cool.

Edit: Tweaked the scenes a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #2759
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,599 Posts
    It's all part of the fun game of "what the hell did valve name that prop"
    Assembling a computer a long time ago. It took me quite a while to find out the actual computer tower was called "Hard-drive".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #2760
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,880 Posts
    I have no problems finding what I need in the model browser. It's all organized by nice names for categories - i.e. foilage. And if it isn't, a keyword does the trick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)