1. Post #3761
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,867 Posts

Edit* Whaaat, did you really think they were gone forever?

Beautiful. <3
    Also, how the hell did you do that cliff? For a second I thought that was a real picture. The lighting is just... wow.

Edit*

Since pageking, here's something I'm making for the Jaykin Bacon initiative.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3762
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,882 Posts
    sorry for shitty image quality

nvm going to use water_wasteland002a
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

3. Post #3763
    June 2010
    2,867 Posts
    sorry for shitty image quality

nvm going to use water_wasteland002a
    The concrete and grass just look...awful. The whole thing is just weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3764
    November 2007
    93 Posts

Overgrown atrium.

bahumba.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #3765
    July 2007
    1,609 Posts
    Currently making a ttt space map. The final name is going to be SPACEtrainSTATION. and yes it is a train station in space.

6. Post #3766
    November 2007
    93 Posts

Abandoned hospital menu screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #3767
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,876 Posts
    Dat compression.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #3768
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts

It's so empty and I don't know how to detail it...there's only so much graffiti I can put in there before it becomes repetitive. Any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

9. Post #3769
    November 2007
    93 Posts
    Pipes, vents, Ceiling brushwork struts to break repetition, And maybe even a curved corner if possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #3770
    May 2012
    243 Posts
    working on a house...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10 (list)

11. Post #3771
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts
    Pipes, vents, Ceiling brushwork struts to break repetition, And maybe even a curved corner if possible.

Too much?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3772
    December 2009
    2,627 Posts

Damn, thats old!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #3773
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,169 Posts

Too much?
    I like it. The room looks much bigger than it really is.

14. Post #3774
    November 2007
    93 Posts
    Doesn't really have to be vertical, could have done from wall to wall like in my hallway screenshot, also should change the ceiling texture to have less white. Add stains, and maybe even a haze from particles.

15. Post #3775
    March 2009
    564 Posts

Lighting and skybox just picked out of the hl2 skylist. Using hl2, not CSS. No real lighting work done. However, with whatever's left would love some C&C.
    Sorry it's not CS:GO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #3776
    May 2012
    243 Posts

Lighting and skybox just picked out of the hl2 skylist. Using hl2, not CSS. No real lighting work done. However, with whatever's left would love some C&C.
    Sorry it's not CS:GO
    looks boxy, try adding some window details and vary the geometry, more L shaped buildings or |_| shaped variety , also foundations.

Edited:

Also side walks don't go through the middle of streets like that

Edited:

[IMG]

Overgrown atrium.

bahumba.
    To me this doesn't look right

looks like a "bottom" texture is being used as a continuation of the one below it, looks bad imo

Edited:

of course other than that I like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #3777
    March 2010
    1,078 Posts
    Since I just posted a screen of it in the Question Megathread, I figured I'd post one here as well. I just was inspired to do this, and spent the past few days making all the textures as accurately as I could. There's still a lot to be done, as there's no other detail than the buildings, but for now, the layout is all I'm concerned about.

It's a small section, and there's a lot of the map that isn't seen, and there's still texture alignment that needs to be done, as seen in the far far right of the screenshot. Anyone here know what this is supposed to be? I'm actually surprised with the amount I did in only about 4 days...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #3778
    March 2009
    564 Posts
    looks boxy, try adding some window details and vary the geometry, more L shaped buildings or |_| shaped variety , also foundations.

Also side walks don't go through the middle of streets like that

Part of town I'm going for doesn't exactly call for artsy buildings, but I do have a neat and not-so-blocky shopping piece planned. Not to mention the necessary closed down YMCA.
    Streets are just placeholder cause I need better textures anyway.
    Are there any fire escape models that don't suck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

19. Post #3779
    April 2009
    353 Posts
    working on a house...

whenever I make support beams or studs I always try to make the x texture alignment different for each beam, that way it's a little less repetitive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #3780
    May 2012
    243 Posts
    whenever I make support beams or studs I always try to make the x texture alignment different for each beam, that way it's a little less repetitive
    I usually do that too, but that one doesn't repeat too bad so I'm letting it slide for now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #3781
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts

Part of town I'm going for doesn't exactly call for artsy buildings, but I do have a neat and not-so-blocky shopping piece planned. Not to mention the necessary closed down YMCA.
    Streets are just placeholder cause I need better textures anyway.
    Are there any fire escape models that don't suck?
    I remember Ajacks made a ton of awesome city models that would fit very well, although I don't know what's happened to them. Asking about them could benefit you greatly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #3782
    May 2011
    2,477 Posts

What did you use for the volumetric fog?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

23. Post #3783
    September 2008
    1,267 Posts
    Beautiful. <3
    Also, how the hell did you do that cliff? For a second I thought that was a real picture. The lighting is just... wow.
    The cliff is a 4096 x 2048 texture applied on a displacement surface.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 6 (list)

24. Post #3784
    November 2010
    324 Posts

How'd you get dripping water?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

25. Post #3785
    June 2010
    2,867 Posts
    How'd you get dripping water?
    It could be from Episode 2 or be a custom particle effect. I forget.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3786
    October 2010
    751 Posts
    Probably just a func_brush ( with collison off, but then you could just use a func_illusionary) with a fog texture slapped on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events

27. Post #3787
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,816 Posts
    Probably just a func_brush ( with collison off, but then you could just use a func_illusionary) with a fog texture slapped on it.
    Env_dustmotes would work too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

28. Post #3788
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,198 Posts
    would be really neat if there was a brush ent that would crate fog inside it instead of having it omni-present.
    like a func_fog or something.

also a func_light that would give a steady ambience lighting in its volume and any brush faces it touches.
    think how doom 1's and 2's lighting works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #3789
    September 2008
    1,267 Posts
    Map is available for download at http://gamebanana.com/game/maps/166642 . It's not that great, but oh well...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 2Mapping King Mapping King x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #3790
    April 2009
    353 Posts
    Map is available for download at http://gamebanana.com/game/maps/166642 . It's not that great, but oh well...

Shut up, that's gorgeous.

In any case, added a barrel fire (any ideas that would make more sense for light?) Abandoned houses don't have electricity, I can't just throw one in there. I mean, I suppose I could, but I would rather be interesting with it.

Roughed up the walls a bit, changed the stupid door. The other side of the wall immediately left of the doorway is all func_physboxes and they can be broken and moved to see through the wall. It's pointless, but it's neat.

moar floor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #3791
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,582 Posts
    Sometimes its not wise to set a barrel on fire in an all wooden house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 6 (list)

32. Post #3792
    March 2011
    166 Posts
    /snip/
    Overgrown atrium.

bahumba.
    Isn't that from a Interlopers map battle some years ago?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #3793
    April 2009
    353 Posts
    changed the barrel fire to a light powered by a battery. I know there's a model of exactly that somewhere in L4D, but I can't find it/don't have it even though I have all the models from both games installed in EP2.

34. Post #3794
    November 2007
    93 Posts
    The fog/volumetric light is a model with a very low light setting, You can find it in the caves of EP2.

It could be from Episode 2 or be a custom particle effect. I forget.
    Its a custom particle effect, same with the puddle.

Isn't that from a Interlopers map battle some years ago?
    Yes, I made it a long time ago, same with the hospital.. Just felt like digging through old stuff.

35. Post #3795

September 2010
    122 Posts
    Going to be sunny weather instead of night :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

36. Post #3796
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,882 Posts
    Added some more stuff.

Anybody know how to make the cliff models not block light?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #3797
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,199 Posts
    just threw this together, i'm making it in parts so i can simply drag and drop a map together

does anyone have a link to the white and yellow space textures? i could really use them for the map

(sorry about the blur)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #3798
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,053 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #3799
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,199 Posts
    thanks! i've always needed to ask for it because it's really hard to find on google, i'll make sure to favorite it this time!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #3800
    June 2010
    2,867 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Mapping King Mapping King x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)