1. Post #41
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    Wait, you can make/edit your own shaders now?

Someone make a version of LightmappedGeneric that supports phong/rimlighting.
    Uh, you've always been able to make your own shaders. This is in my own mod, and the shaders were made using the Source Shader Editor which Biohazard made (he's popular for his source mod which has fully dynamic lighting, cel shading and etc.)

Might as well post "content" even if it's not mapping related (really.)

Don't even ask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,582 Posts
    Wait, you can make/edit your own shaders now?

Someone make a version of LightmappedGeneric that supports phong/rimlighting.

Well you already could if you knew how to set up everything for a mod.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...ceShaderEditor

Edited:

Wow come on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,434 Posts

Just have to touch up the skybox and it's done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 3Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    August 2008
    1,143 Posts
    -snip holy fuck ninjad-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #45

February 2012
    8 Posts
    Well been working on this for a couple of days.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Really, really, really, really likes parrots and water caustics. Also, hates titles.
    March 2009
    11,686 Posts
    GameDev is the GREATEST FUCKING 14 YEAR OLD I FUCKING KNOW AND I DONT MEAN IT IN A SEXUAL WAY HE IS THE BROIST BRO YOU COULD HAVE. IF HE WAS 21 I WOULD BUY HIM A DRINK!
    yeah well not all of us can say the same
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Well been working on this for a couple of days.

Looks rather blocky. Make the trim stick out a little, and maybe make the windows pushed in a bit.

A few little details like that can make a building look a lot nicer.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    May 2009
    449 Posts
    Continued work in progress on City Freerun

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Continued work in progress on City Freerun
    I like it, but the doors look rather large.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #50
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    May 2009
    449 Posts
    If you're referring to the width, they probably look stretched from the FOV.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Dance like it hurts, Love like you need money, Work when people are watching. ~Scott Adams
    December 2008
    721 Posts
    If you're referring to the width, they probably look stretched from the FOV.

No, they are actually massive. In Mirror's Edge the doors are pretty darn thin, it keeps the streamlined city look. Fatass doors are for old churches and possibly part of Valve's studio.

...Also isn't the whole point of that aircon output machine to vent air OUT of the building? o.o At least the reference I based the model on does that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #52
    May 2009
    449 Posts
    Of course, I have to take into consideration that rather large people exist!
    *Quickly, think of something* Uhhh... it's to spread deadly neurotoxins throughout the building VV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    March 2009
    564 Posts
    Just make the doors smaller and it's a masterpiece.
    Maybe instead of the air conditioner put shelves and boxes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,053 Posts
    I love Mirror's Edge and it's cool that people are trying to make maps in the same style, but to be honest Hiyougami's maps are the only ones I've seen that really get the lighting and texture style right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #55
    October 2010
    751 Posts
    God dammit I hate my fucking 4:3 monitor!
    Ever since the forum update I only see the half of your fancy pants wide-screen screenshots .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,205 Posts
    God dammit I hate my fucking 4:3 monitor!
    Ever since the forum update I only see the half of your fancy pants wide-screen screenshots .
    theres a scroll bar at the bottom of the post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    10,001 Posts

I should probably fix this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 30Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts

Seems legit to me.

19. Post #59
    Facepunch Resident Alcoholic!
    July 2007
    8,099 Posts

nope leave it as it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60

September 2011
    7 Posts
    Hellsten: Your work is srsly great.

I'm doing a modern asian alley-kinda thing right now but I've lost steam on this project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Mapping King Mapping King x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    January 2012
    112 Posts

y u no like me hammer editor ,wtf is wrong with it why is mine elevator is 90 degrees leaned ? need help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny x 6Agree x 1Artistic x 1Informative x 1Mapping King x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,582 Posts

y u no like me hammer editor ,wtf is wrong with it why is mine elevator is 90 degrees leaned ? need help
    func_movelinear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    Viking Member
    November 2008
    5,620 Posts
    Made the thatched ceiling into displacements. I think it looks a lot more alive and less boring now,

Here's the previous compile,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 46Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    December 2007
    1,824 Posts
    func_movelinear
    Or fixed orientation flag for func_tracktrain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    That looks like something from another engine.

Amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    I like to faps while I make maps
    December 2009
    1,451 Posts
    Made the thatched ceiling into displacements. I think it looks a lot more alive and less boring now,

Here's the previous compile,
    That looks so much better than the previous compile. It's weird how such small changes can make such a big difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    646 Posts
    Sudden burst of mapping inspiration and then hammer crashes.

Anyways, working on this:

Horribly work in progress atm and the lightning is shiet but still.

(User was banned for this post ("Image Macro / Meme Response" - Terrenteller))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    Hellsten: Your work is srsly great.

I'm doing a modern asian alley-kinda thing right now but I've lost steam on this project.
    Looking great so far.
    I've been wanting to map something similar for a while now. Something like a Japanese suburban alley, like maybe made to feel like Serial experiments Lain, with lots of power lines and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #69
    February 2010
    12,434 Posts
    Ugh, used sendto\.zip but gmod.org still won't recognize my map.

Any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,985 Posts
    Ugh, used sendto\.zip but gmod.org still won't recognize my map.

Any help?
    No one has been able to upload anything for like a week

31. Post #71
    February 2010
    12,434 Posts
    No one has been able to upload anything for like a week
    Oh. That would explain.

32. Post #72

September 2011
    7 Posts
    Looking great so far.
    I've been wanting to map something similar for a while now. Something like a Japanese suburban alley, like maybe made to feel like Serial experiments Lain, with lots of power lines and such.
    Thanks.
    Go for it. I dont know modeling but if you do then you can put a lot of details in to these alley-scenes.

Some references i found:
    http://minsela.deviantart.com/art/Al...%20alley&qo=18
    http://jasebase.deviantart.com/art/B...%20alley&qo=21
    http://kuroiaoi.deviantart.com/art/S...F26687888&qo=2
    http://burningmonk.deviantart.com/ar...%20alley&qo=79
    http://rmda.deviantart.com/art/Tokyo...11423714&qo=20

There is so much going on at these places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    Thanks.
    Go for it. I dont know modeling but if you do then you can put a lot of details in to these alley-scenes.
    Im in the same boat. I dont know how to model, but I want to get into it soon.

Unrelated:
    I made this the other day for the lulz. Tw34k told me about an old CS 1.6 map like this so I had to try it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,622 Posts
    I'm making myself a wheatfield for my portal 2 mod.

It also sways and is affected by wind :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,690 Posts
    I'm making myself a wheatfield for my portal 2 mod.

It also sways and is affected by wind :3
    That looks fullbright?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    697 Posts
    That skybox just blew my mind, it's just so.. not square looking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,622 Posts
    That looks fullbright?
    There's just nothing that'd cast a shadow.
    I'm just testing the wheat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,690 Posts
    Also the wheat texture should be not so hard when it touches the ground and it needs to be much taller.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #79
    February 2010
    643 Posts
    Where is everyone getting there amazing skyboxes? I finally figure out how to make skybox textures and cgtextures takes down there free skys D:

40. Post #80
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Mapping King Mapping King x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)