1. Post #201
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,284 Posts
    Flexing my Hammer skills.

Think I did a pretty good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 16Agree Agree x 3Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,177 Posts
    ONly that road tunnel bothers me.

Edited:

(View video page for download links if you want to do this.)
    So this was a proof-of-concept. CS:S version is better, TF2 version is a wee bit buggy because I didn't give myself the time to research player sizes so I scaled the entire thing uniformly and adjusted a few clip brushes. Optimising for VVIS was, surprisingly, a breeze!
    Needs trigger hurt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    July 2011
    105 Posts
    Flexing my Hammer skills.

Think I did a pretty good job.
    Wow, that looks brilliant! I love the lighting contrast, very atmospheric.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #204
    August 2011
    499 Posts
    latest piece of shit i've created

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb x 9Agree x 3Funny x 1Winner x 1Mapping King x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    This looks really weird and colour correction is blown out of proportions. Can't say much.

Edited:

The hotel building for some reason appeals to me though, it has this realistic lighting to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,038 Posts
    Why is the hotel sign backwards on that sign? It's probably the right way on the other side but there's no way a hotel would print a backwards sign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    I know nothing about you but fuck it here's a title
    December 2005
    1,761 Posts
    latest piece of shit i've created

BATTLEFIELD 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    737 Posts
    Another old map Im going to try to breathe some life into:

Continues working on this with very marginal success:

aaand started on this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    August 2011
    499 Posts
    BATTLEFIELD 3
    i actually was kind of inspired by that and SS3, still WIP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,603 Posts

I'm close on getting the ending done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Artistic x 18Mapping King x 6Friendly x 1Winner x 1Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,260 Posts
    the mountains look weird
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,603 Posts
    They're not mountains really, just distant landscape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    September 2001
    12,325 Posts
    Hey Facepunch mappers - here's some GMod Beta Keys.. can you see if you can successfully upload your maps to Steam Workshop?

Here's the uploader: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1162042

4I8RB-A0H40-90DER
    33IZJ-HF2E0-JIZW6
    I6C98-XDXCZ-PIEH8
    N2LGM-CPX56-XPFE7
    77PKD-N6AGH-AFJHR
    FQML5-DFELM-793ZF
    I2LQG-7P0L5-3MQY8
    8P4KM-DCZY6-J3MDM
    GYYVX-XJYCH-9FR3Y
    MX3V6-IL8JH-HJ0J6
    YWVVD-CEBBL-YXGAP
    AMV3M-6K5B2-YCCZD
    VKK2Y-G5J9M-9BMM9
    QI3C9-EGDRD-8GMZB
    XZ94B-374NG-VEIG4
    4PTMP-DEAR8-6I2QZ
    W4E4K-7Q3MN-TC3NM
    RC8YD-GXXB3-PBK0J
    8CW5M-LRZYP-V2BRB
    J0JK3-BT2QV-IFKHW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner x 13Friendly x 3Dumb x 3Useful x 1Mapping King x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    October 2009
    5,620 Posts
    Hey Facepunch mappers - here's some GMod Beta Keys.. can you see if you can successfully upload your maps to Steam Workshop?

4I8RB-A0H40-90DER
    33IZJ-HF2E0-JIZW6
    I6C98-XDXCZ-PIEH8
    N2LGM-CPX56-XPFE7
    77PKD-N6AGH-AFJHR
    FQML5-DFELM-793ZF
    I2LQG-7P0L5-3MQY8
    8P4KM-DCZY6-J3MDM
    GYYVX-XJYCH-9FR3Y
    MX3V6-IL8JH-HJ0J6
    YWVVD-CEBBL-YXGAP
    AMV3M-6K5B2-YCCZD
    VKK2Y-G5J9M-9BMM9
    QI3C9-EGDRD-8GMZB
    XZ94B-374NG-VEIG4
    4PTMP-DEAR8-6I2QZ
    W4E4K-7Q3MN-TC3NM
    RC8YD-GXXB3-PBK0J
    8CW5M-LRZYP-V2BRB
    J0JK3-BT2QV-IFKHW
    i <3 you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    August 2010
    1,366 Posts

I'm close on getting the ending done.
    Should probably change the fogcolor in the distance into the same color as the horizon of the 2d skybox, it'll look alot better. I really like the wheatfield though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    737 Posts
    I think the far out landscape looks nice. The atmospheric haze looks pretty real to me, if anything it may need to be a tiny bit darker or maybe a little muddy/desaturated.

I can't wait to see it finalized.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

17. Post #217
    Why do I have to live with a cake roll in my arm? ;_;
    November 2009
    2,243 Posts

4I8RB-A0H40-90DER
    33IZJ-HF2E0-JIZW6
    I6C98-XDXCZ-PIEH8
    N2LGM-CPX56-XPFE7
    77PKD-N6AGH-AFJHR
    FQML5-DFELM-793ZF
    I2LQG-7P0L5-3MQY8
    8P4KM-DCZY6-J3MDM
    GYYVX-XJYCH-9FR3Y
    MX3V6-IL8JH-HJ0J6
    YWVVD-CEBBL-YXGAP
    AMV3M-6K5B2-YCCZD
    VKK2Y-G5J9M-9BMM9
    QI3C9-EGDRD-8GMZB
    XZ94B-374NG-VEIG4
    4PTMP-DEAR8-6I2QZ
    W4E4K-7Q3MN-TC3NM
    RC8YD-GXXB3-PBK0J
    8CW5M-LRZYP-V2BRB
    J0JK3-BT2QV-IFKHW
    This is the best motivation yet to get me back to map again. Thank you Garry, now I will make maps and force my friend to play them. You are a legend!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,170 Posts

Damn, all gone. Missed them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    415 Posts
    Thanks garry. I've already got a beta key but I'm sure other people will appreciate it.

Testing out that thingy now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

20. Post #220
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,800 Posts
    You should totally dump some more keys here garry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

21. Post #221
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,996 Posts
    Just my luck that I missed the fucking beta key grab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,603 Posts
    Relax
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 26Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    737 Posts
    Ive become aroused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    670 Posts
    I kinda feel you should lessen the effect closer to the camera, i get a sort of ocean-like vibe and it takes away from it. Maybe it's just me.

Edit: Great work though, it does look fantastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #225
    J!m
    I Love Big Gay Dragons
    June 2009
    1,405 Posts
    Just my luck that I missed the fucking beta key grab.
    Missed it to, again....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

26. Post #226
    Dance like it hurts, Love like you need money, Work when people are watching. ~Scott Adams
    December 2008
    711 Posts
    Progress update.

And not a single Carve operation was used.
    As you can see I've had to fall back to environment mapping for the puddles - the reflections would conflict with the water otherwise (even on the same plane!). I'm thinking of removing them altogether, actually - what do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,996 Posts
    Progress update.

And not a single Carve operation was used.
    As you can see I've had to fall back to environment mapping for the puddles - the reflections would conflict with the water otherwise (even on the same plane!). I'm thinking of removing them altogether, actually - what do you guys think?
    Put cubemap settings to 256x256 and then see how much nicer the reflections look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,453 Posts

4I8RB-A0H40-90DER
    33IZJ-HF2E0-JIZW6
    I6C98-XDXCZ-PIEH8
    N2LGM-CPX56-XPFE7
    77PKD-N6AGH-AFJHR
    FQML5-DFELM-793ZF
    I2LQG-7P0L5-3MQY8
    8P4KM-DCZY6-J3MDM
    GYYVX-XJYCH-9FR3Y
    MX3V6-IL8JH-HJ0J6
    YWVVD-CEBBL-YXGAP
    AMV3M-6K5B2-YCCZD
    VKK2Y-G5J9M-9BMM9
    QI3C9-EGDRD-8GMZB
    XZ94B-374NG-VEIG4
    4PTMP-DEAR8-6I2QZ
    W4E4K-7Q3MN-TC3NM
    RC8YD-GXXB3-PBK0J
    8CW5M-LRZYP-V2BRB
    J0JK3-BT2QV-IFKHW
    FUCKING timezones.
    Goddamnit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #229
    December 2009
    3,721 Posts
    FUCKING timezones.
    Goddamnit.
    I was in the right timezone but Garry just had to show them after 12.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,038 Posts
    Just a quick first compile of the diner for my 50's map. The interior's not completed or lit so no shots of that yet, and I still need to add the rest of the neon and decide on a style for the windows and door. Could use some help doing the top corners if anyone knows how. Should this map be colour corrected to black and white or left in colour?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    October 2007
    304 Posts
    Awesome.

Is the trunk of that tree moving? Sure looks like it.

Try and get all your wheat sprites to sway more together, as though there are actually ripples of breeze through the field, then get the clouds to move slowly, then you'll have won an internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,603 Posts
    Awesome.

Is the trunk of that tree moving? Sure looks like it.

Try and get all your wheat sprites to sway more together, as though there are actually ripples of breeze through the field.
    Sorry but this is still Source ,there's only so much I can do.
    I've fixed the trunk with a vmt fix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

33. Post #233
    March 2009
    564 Posts
    If it's a 50's map that takes place in the 50's shouldn't that look more new? Or did something bad happen to it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,038 Posts
    If it's a 50's map that takes place in the 50's shouldn't that look more new? Or did something bad happen to it?
    To be honest it would look newer if I had cleaner textures

But it should look a bit better with windows and neon and lights and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,260 Posts
    To be honest it would look newer if I had cleaner textures

But it should look a bit better with windows and neon and lights and shit.
    make it post apocalyptic. it looks like something out of fallout 1 right now which is really cool!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,038 Posts
    make it post apocalyptic. it looks like something out of fallout 1 right now which is really cool!
    I might do a pre and post apocalyptic version, since while I love mapping post apocalyptic stuff it's kinda overused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #237
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,806 Posts
    Put cubemap settings to 256x256 and then see how much nicer the reflections look.
    Try to change the daytime to dusk, to see how it looks, otherwise good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,038 Posts
    Not all that much progress, but I've made a few changes, think it looks a bit brighter and cleaner here, although I'll have to turn it all 180 degrees to face the sun. Haven't found a way to texture the corner bits on the roof properly yet so I've left them out, sure I'll think of a way soon. Also not sure on how to make rounded windows most efficiently, and non-shitty looking doors. By the way, I ran the map with colour correction earlier, trying to make it black and white, but it wasn't desaturating all the way, just a little bit, anyone know why?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 6Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

39. Post #239
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Not all that much progress, but I've made a few changes, think it looks a bit brighter and cleaner here, although I'll have to turn it all 180 degrees to face the sun. Haven't found a way to texture the corner bits on the roof properly yet so I've left them out, sure I'll think of a way soon. Also not sure on how to make rounded windows most efficiently, and non-shitty looking doors. By the way, I ran the map with colour correction earlier, trying to make it black and white, but it wasn't desaturating all the way, just a little bit, anyone know why?

The console command 'mat_hsv 1' will make everything grayscale, maybe have it run automatically from a hammer entity as an alternative to grayscale CC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,166 Posts

(keys)
    Wonder how many of those keys actually got to mappers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)