1. Post #2561
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    I heard the map doesn't have to be made with Source SDK to post here, right?

In that case..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

2. Post #2562
    March 2011
    166 Posts
    I heard the map doesn't have to be made with Source SDK to post here, right?

In that case..
    I don't know much about UDK, but I can spot some problems right off the bat.

Water shader is off, should be an easy enough fix considering how amazing the shader editor is in UDK.

Your rocks in the distance are too noisy, this goes beyond a lack of AA and assuming you modeled them yourself, they probably need a lot more work.

Nothing blends together, it's all just a random grouping of slightly related assets trying -really- hard to make a scene together but not at all working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2563
    I know nothing about you but fuck it here's a title
    December 2005
    1,783 Posts

Water shader is off, should be an easy enough fix considering how amazing the shader editor is in UDK.

Your rocks in the distance are too noisy, this goes beyond a lack of AA and assuming you modeled them yourself, they probably need a lot more work.

Nothing blends together, it's all just a random grouping of slightly related assets trying -really- hard to make a scene together but not at all working.
    This is Cryengine, not UT3.
    It's kinda easy to tell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

4. Post #2564
    March 2011
    166 Posts
    This is Cryengine, not UT3.
    It's kinda easy to tell.
    I guess I'm used too seeing Cryengine stuff at a much higher stage of completion then that, my mistake. My point about blending still stands!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #2565
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts

That's not UDK, it's CryEngine 3.

Ninja...

But anyway, you can tell by the ugly post processing and lack of reflections on water. Oh and the fact that it has a performance graph at the top right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2566

September 2010
    122 Posts

The rocks are being used by CryTek. Blame their artists for bad rocks :P

But yeah, I made this after 1 hour of testing around with the engine :) There's a lot to do, indeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #2567
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,816 Posts
    Blame their artists for bad rocks :P
    Just use better ones instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #2568
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,342 Posts
    Popcorn rocks.

Edited:

1) Find a round granite rock.
    2) Heat it.
    3) Pop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #2569
    December 2009
    2,603 Posts
    Im having a bit of a problem trying to think of how to fill this bank, its pretty big.

Anyone have any suggestions?

10. Post #2570
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts
    Im having a bit of a problem trying to think of how to fill this bank, its pretty big.

crates and barrels
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 18Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #2571

isn't there supposed to be like desks and counters in a bank?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #2572
    April 2009
    1,117 Posts

Go Kart racetrack ... ok seriously, maybe statue or fountain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

13. Post #2573
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,924 Posts
    fountains inside of banks ??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #2574
    April 2009
    1,117 Posts
    interior decoration
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

15. Post #2575
    Sir Michael Cole
    September 2008
    2,971 Posts

How about a balcony with stairs leading to it that goes alongside the walls? I think that would be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2576
    March 2010
    1,072 Posts
    Well, obviously add the counters where the bank tellers would be. Maybe a little lounge area with a couch or two and maybe a TV of the wall facing that area. Elevators would be good too. There's also those little desk things that have deposit/withdrawal stuff with pens on chains to fill them out that you can add too. Oh, and there' also some sort of sculpture you could make in the center or something, but be smart about placing it (and make it a marble texture too).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #2577
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,911 Posts
    isn't there supposed to be like desks and counters in a bank?
    It's also not all one room as far as I know. There's rooms in the back as well.

Edited:

The modern day banks I've seen also have a bunch of different areas for cubicles and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2578
    December 2009
    2,603 Posts
    Yeah, it is currently one big room (Which it wont stay as, since I still need to add the vault and shti)

19. Post #2579

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #2580
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    719 Posts
    Changed up Skybox texture and expanded 3D Skybox.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Winner Winner x 6Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

21. Post #2581
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,759 Posts
    That looks great. Those cliffs are awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #2582
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    3,519 Posts

looks great, but that lighting... .-.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #2583
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,629 Posts

add a dinosaur flying an f-16
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #2584
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,851 Posts

Awesome. When're you planning to release?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #2585
    Lookin' good Violation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #2586
    May 2008
    240 Posts
    add a dinosaur flying an f-16
    Calvin and Hobbes?

@violation: nice landscape you got there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #2587
    January 2009
    1,047 Posts
    A little project I've been working on. (It's been a while since I last posted here lol)

Any comments are appreciated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 19Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

28. Post #2588
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    3,519 Posts
    A little project I've been working on. (It's been a while since I last posted here lol)

Any comments are appreciated
    I love the first screenshot! great atmosphere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

29. Post #2589
    STOMBS
    December 2009
    698 Posts
    I like the lighting going on here, but you should consider lowering the intensity and giving the terminal lights a more saturated color. You should also consider using linear instead of quadratic and 50-0% falloff if you haven't already.

30. Post #2590
    December 2009
    2,603 Posts
    More work on the bank, remade it to look more modern.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 10Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2591
    Sir Michael Cole
    September 2008
    2,971 Posts
    More work on the bank, remade it to look more modern.
    This is seriously what I thought CS:GO's bank map was going to look like.

That is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #2592
    December 2009
    2,603 Posts
    This is seriously what I thought CS:GO's bank map was going to look like.

That is awesome.
    Once I get it into CSGO and start adding props, it will looks loads better (also have to add rain)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #2593
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,759 Posts
    I'm almost done with the police station interior, slowly working on exterior parts of the map.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

34. Post #2594
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts

Now I think I am pretty much done with making this place look nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 9Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #2595
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    Reminds me of the old OC/Synergy coop maps for some reason. Lots of detail with heavy brushwork rather than models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #2596

April 2012
    118 Posts
    Migga, your skybox is stretched, and doesn't match your lighting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2597
    J!m
    I Love Big Gay Dragons
    June 2009
    1,406 Posts
    Where is it stretched?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #2598

April 2012
    118 Posts
    Where is it stretched?
    hard to tell if it is for sure, that aside i don't think the lighting matches

Edited:

I'd use this instead

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2599
    December 2009
    629 Posts
    The lighting coming from the open gaps on the ceiling don't match the light that is illuminated in the room to dark for that skybox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2600
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts
    I thought I had changed the skybox already. Maybe Hammer decided to autosave right as I was changing it and decided not to change it or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)