1. Post #3721
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,253 Posts
    Needs more detals on the floor like puddles and loose trash, random props like tools and the like. Also the walls look incredibly stark and barren so they could use some support trusses or other details maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #3722
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    723 Posts
    Reminds me of pokemon snap a little bit
    You just gave me an idea...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3723
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Any suggestions to make it more... filled?
    Can't keep the forklift and those slopes at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #3724
    April 2012
    331 Posts
    Any suggestions to make it more... filled?
    The crate being carried by the forklift is entirely wrong; they are carried on palettes that the forks go into. Also, there is no way it can handle that ramp, even driving backwards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #3725
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,737 Posts

couch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 11Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3726
    March 2010
    1,028 Posts

couch
    Um... Interesting. His hand is clipping right in the middle and I'm sure it's not supposed to look like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #3727
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,747 Posts
    Um... Interesting. His hand is clipping right in the middle and I'm sure it's not supposed to look like that.
    The man IS the couch
        or is the couch the man    

it's some kind of human-furniture combination
    i will praise our new leader.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #3728
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Authentic Couch Potato, standard model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

9. Post #3729
    October 2009
    498 Posts
    Working on a nightclub thing with biohazards deferred lighting. Note the light is only here to show off the brushwork at the moment.
    And most of the fine brushwork are just placeholders for soon to be made models.

However I think the layout is fine.

And does ANYONE have a skybox suitable for this map:

If I don't find a good skybox I'll have to quit that map since I can't make skyboxes (And don't really have time to learn.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

10. Post #3730
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,140 Posts
    And does ANYONE have a skybox suitable for this map:

If I don't find a good skybox I'll have to quit that map since I can't make skyboxes (And don't really have time to learn.)
    You could try using one of these TF2 skyboxes:

sky_upward

sky_tf2_04

sky_dustbowl_01

They fit the "desert" environment relatively well, can have any sun size and direction, and don't have any cartoony TF2-style clouds or mountains to mess up the art style of the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Useful Useful x 4 (list)

11. Post #3731
    October 2009
    498 Posts
    You could try using one of these TF2 skyboxes:

sky_upward

sky_tf2_04

sky_dustbowl_01

They fit the "desert" environment relatively well, can have any sun size and direction, and don't have any cartoony TF2-style clouds or mountains to mess up the art style of the map.
    Thanks a LOT. Will post some progress.

Edited:

If I make it bigger will it be worth releasing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Friendly x 4Agree x 4Artistic x 2Optimistic x 1Zing x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3732
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts

anything I should do here, other than tweaking the floor normal maps ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3733
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,038 Posts

anything I should do here, other than tweaking the floor normal maps ?
    Wall normal map seems to be inverted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #3734
    Viking Member
    November 2008
    5,372 Posts
    Some dramatic changes,

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Mapping King x 28Artistic x 3Optimistic x 3Disagree x 1Winner x 1Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #3735
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,300 Posts
    Some dramatic changes,

Holy FUCK. That lighting on the first picture, is just amazing. Great job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3736
    April 2009
    353 Posts
    Added some more skybox stuff. Does anybody know of a city skybox other than cs_office? Preferably one that's sunny.

anyway,

There's an abandoned house across the street now.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #3737

September 2011
    37 Posts
    That house doesn't fit in the middle of a city like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

18. Post #3738
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,547 Posts
    That house doesn't fit in the middle of a city like that.

?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 31Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #3739
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #3740
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,737 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #3741
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,398 Posts
    Some dramatic changes,

It's a little too saturated in my opinion. It makes the map look warm even though it's a tundra. That sky is pretty amazing looking though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3742
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts

feedback pls so i can improve
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #3743
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts

Watermelons = instawin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #3744
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,806 Posts

Add some trash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

25. Post #3745
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts
    maybe some dolls instead LOLZ

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #3746
    March 2012
    98 Posts

COLOR $_$
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #3747
    September 2008
    1,257 Posts
    Remember those containers? I removed most of them.

Edit* Whaaat, did you really think they were gone forever?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #3748
    April 2008
    58 Posts
    6ujsnip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

29. Post #3749
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts

That's a shame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #3750
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,038 Posts

bye bye unique art style
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

31. Post #3751
    johnny guitar was here
    February 2010
    6,080 Posts

its too dark

make it fullbright
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #3752
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,408 Posts

Containers? All I can see is DAT CLIFF

might be 2d cardboard thickness, but it looks really good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #3753
    Viking Member
    November 2008
    5,372 Posts
    It's a little too saturated in my opinion. It makes the map look warm even though it's a tundra. That sky is pretty amazing looking though.
    You are absolutely right and I noticed it too. I'll do something about that.

Edited:

Although the fog does help balancing that in the distance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #3754
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,527 Posts
    Those rocks to the right in the background

look amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #3755
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,352 Posts
    I threw together this raw footage of my map that I posted about a while ago, along with another one of our ZM maps.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #3756
    April 2009
    353 Posts
    Made this floor, came out pretty good. Needs some natural light in there though.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

37. Post #3757
    July 2007
    256 Posts
    Working on a Cry of Fear custom campaign:

I'll be removing the lights later, for now they're just here so you can actually see.

Any ideas on what I should add would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #3758
    October 2011
    238 Posts
    Made this floor, came out pretty good. Needs some natural light in there though.

The door in the second picture looks kinda odd, but otherwise it's very nice :)
    Try to make the walls a bit more "messy", they look too clean in contrast to the floor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

39. Post #3759
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,821 Posts
    I threw together this raw footage of my map that I posted about a while ago, along with another one of our ZM maps.

The road overlays really need work. They're so blocky, because the overly is so long and because it's a top down mod, it's really obvious. You could easily get around it by just halving the length of the overlay and throwing in twice as many.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #3760
    October 2010
    740 Posts
    Use a $blendmodulatetexture for that garbage blend material.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)