1. Post #4321
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,703 Posts
    Does anyone know the commands to slow down a players movement in the game mode? There was three of them if I recall correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #4322
    TITTY KING
    May 2005
    659 Posts
    Does anyone know the commands to slow down a players movement in the game mode? There was three of them if I recall correctly.
    I think you might be after phys_timescale, host_timescale, and I forget the last one..

Does anybody know how to make a model into a prop_phys model? If that's even possible in SFM. I'm trying to make a gun drop the easiest way possible. I figure if I can switch it over to prop_phys it will drop naturally without need for animation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4323
    June 2009
    239 Posts
    You could consider creating an animation set on a new model of your choice and then set it to do the running sequence. You can decide what "speed" the model runs at using a slider. The animation will "walk" if you set it to a low speed. I'm not sure what the terminology is, but it's basically the same as the running animation is but slowed and smoothed to look a bit like walking.

4. Post #4324
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,703 Posts
    No, there's a few commands that let you change the forward, backwards and strafing movement speeds.

edit:

Found 'em.

cl_forwardspeed and cl_sidespeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2Late Late x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #4325

June 2010
    79 Posts
    [media]
    And honestly, I love iPi, but it's so expensive. Brekel has some good features (such as not having to manually track bones at first, or the direct link with MotionBuilder), but iPi makes it a one button press to export to smd without any problems.
    Yeah. "Motion capture for the masses." *rolls eyes*

6. Post #4326
    May 2011
    5,227 Posts
    Ah, yes, one more question. Has someone made a Saxton Hale model with faceposing? I intend to do something with Saxton in SFM once I get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #4327
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,409 Posts
    so i'm pretty much giving up the 'the room' scene recreation that i was working on
    some of the parts in the scene were too hard to animate for me :(
    i might come back to it later
    I've extracted sounds directly from the DVD, I got some lip syncing done and it lagged to hell, but looked okay. Then of course when I worked on the animation I fucked something up and the whole program crashed. Even though I'd saved my work the sound disappeared and when I tried to add it again, the program keeps telling me there aren't any wav files in the folder.

Yeah it's safe to say it hates me and doesn't want me to make anything.

8. Post #4328
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,487 Posts
    Ah, yes, one more question. Has someone made a Saxton Hale model with faceposing? I intend to do something with Saxton in SFM once I get it.
    He doesn't even have facial flexes afaik
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4329
    May 2011
    5,227 Posts
    He doesn't even have facial flexes afaik
    Ok, thanks. I'll try to find a way to get someone to give him facial flexes, I guess.

In the meantime, here's another unrelated question: on most of the beta SFM videos I saw (not sure about current ones, I recall seeing it once in a while), in scenes where characters had empty hands, the characters' fingers would still wrap around the weapon they should've been holding, even if it wasn't there. I've always wondered why it did that, because it was certainly strange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

10. Post #4330
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,703 Posts
    Ok, thanks. I'll try to find a way to get someone to give him facial flexes, I guess.

In the meantime, here's another unrelated question: on most of the beta SFM videos I saw (not sure about current ones, I recall seeing it once in a while), in scenes where characters had empty hands, the characters' fingers would still wrap around the weapon they should've been holding, even if it wasn't there. I've always wondered why it did that, because it was certainly strange.
    Because the fingers will stay in whatever position they've been positioned. If they're wrapped around a gun and you take the gun away, the fingers aren't going to detect that the gun is gone and relax. You sort of have to do that bit yourself.

11. Post #4331
    June 2011
    628 Posts
    Well, I think I found some new Hammer icons in SFM (sorry if I'm late):

Find them in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\ platform\tools\images\hammer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4332
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,143 Posts
    After messing around with some custom ragdolls in sfm, I don't really understand how bodygroups work.
    For example, when using a model in gmod, I had access to a lot of bodygroups on a model, but when transferring
    said model to sfm, I could only access one or 2 bodygroups.

Just to give you an example, the model inquestion has one bodygroup and 13 subgroups.

Can anyone shed some light on this, on how bodygroups work in sfm?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #4333
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Well, I think I found some new Hammer icons in SFM (sorry if I'm late):

Find them in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\ platform\tools\images\hammer
    they're for Foundry, which is basically Hammer v2 and an in-engine tool (afaik)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 7 (list)

14. Post #4334
    THE FRESH PRINCE OF COMPTON
    November 2011
    564 Posts
    why wont this thread die?
    Fuck, everything you say is so stupid. You are so stupid. Please leave, fuck. Oh god I've been stalking your posts and every god damn thing you say is useless my god why do you exist please leave the internet forever never look back find a nice place in the mountains you can stay and coddle yourself to sleep while you repress the memories of your horrible shitposting which has wrought nothing but sorrow upon the free world FUCK I CAN'T STOP TYPING.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #4335
    tell PETA my mink is dragging on the floor
    July 2010
    5,738 Posts
    Fuck, everything you say is so stupid. You are so stupid. Please leave, fuck. Oh god I've been stalking your posts and every god damn thing you say is useless my god why do you exist please leave the internet forever never look bad find a nice place in the mountains you can stay and coddle yourself to sleep while you repress the memories of your horrible shitposting which has wrought nothing but sorrow upon the free world FUCK I CAN'T STOP TYPING.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing x 2Informative x 1Agree x 1Artistic x 1Useful x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #4336
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,187 Posts
    I really REALLY want to see more people using mo-cap, I think it really enhances people's ability to come up with something great and play around with more technology.

17. Post #4337
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,703 Posts
    I'm working on a semi-serious Spy video and I've just about finished my blocking pass (rough draft). I'd appreciate it if you'd watch it and give me some feedback before I start animating and polishing.

Basically, the point it's at right now is basically an outline to see how well the movie flows and if it's got good pacing.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-pA...V3RDRvczg/edit

In your opinions, what works; what may be hard to read/understand/isn't 100% clear?

the second last scene is just filler at the moment   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #4338
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    I'm working on a semi-serious Spy video and I've just about finished my blocking pass (rough draft). I'd appreciate it if you'd watch it and give me some feedback before I start animating and polishing.

Basically, the point it's at right now is basically an outline to see how well the movie flows and if it's got good pacing.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-pA...V3RDRvczg/edit

In your opinions, what works; what may be hard to read/understand/isn't 100% clear?

the second last scene is just filler at the moment   
    1:30 was hilarious lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4339
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,035 Posts
    2 questions.

1) Is there a way to make a character invisible/cloaked but not its shadow?

2) Is there a way to disable a models/hwm models shadow?

Both questions have nothing to do with the same project.

20. Post #4340
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,276 Posts
    I cant believe Ive had SFM since the first round of keys were given out, and I only just now make something that even hints to me having potential.

Basicly progress on something im trying, its no where near complete.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4341
    July 2010
    5,738 Posts
    I cant believe Ive had SFM since the first round of keys were given out, and I only just now make something that even hints to me having potential.

Basicly progress on something im trying, its no where near complete.

That made me fucking cringe. Oh god the pain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #4342
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,703 Posts
    1:30 was hilarious lol
    I promise it will be a bit more exciting after it's animated. Other than that, any comments about it?

23. Post #4343
    March 2010
    56 Posts
    Oh thanks everyone who helped me, i dont know what it was with the extract phonemes thing. Just started a new project and it works :v.

About iPi, I will try to do something with it later even if i found it quite confusing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

24. Post #4344
    May 2011
    1,388 Posts
    The fake light sprites already on the maps are showing up through walls for me.

Is there a way to fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #4345
    July 2010
    5,738 Posts
    Hey guys, just finished my latest video.

I have all the PNG files, now I'm looking for a codec that is better quality than Xvid. I tried Lagarith, but I believe it has problems uploading to youtube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #4346

July 2010
    62 Posts
    Hey guys, just finished my latest video.

I have all the PNG files, now I'm looking for a codec that is better quality than Xvid. I tried Lagarith, but I believe it has problems uploading to youtube.
    x264 is always a great choice, check out Max's guide on encoding, it will get you a pretty good looking video for Youtube: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1200056

27. Post #4347
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,703 Posts
    The fake light sprites already on the maps are showing up through walls for me.

Is there a way to fix this?
    They show up for me when my work camera is pointing at light sources. Just point it in a direction with no lights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #4348
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,487 Posts
    so I ventured into IK rigs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4349
    May 2011
    1,388 Posts
    Ok, I dinally finished my two and a half minute long video about Scervo, the Scout, and Silver's psychokinesis.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #4350
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,487 Posts
    Ok, I dinally finished my two and a half minute long video about Scervo, the Scout, and Silver's psychokinesis.

the animation switches between fantastic and flexrape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #4351
    May 2011
    1,388 Posts
    the animation switches between fantastic and flexrape.
    Explaining one of the many jokes.
    Seriously though, there's a difference between criticism and flat out saying what happened. I get enough of those comments on YouTube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #4352
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,703 Posts
    Seriously though, there's a difference between criticism and flat out saying what happened. I get enough of those comments on YouTube.
    It really didn't need to be 2:30 long. And a lot of it was just random spazzing animations with no meaning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #4353
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,487 Posts
    wait, that type of animation was a joke?

either go for shitty gmod quality movement or attempt the whole nine yards. the spazzing out just looks plain ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #4354
    May 2011
    1,388 Posts
    wait, that type of animation was a joke?

either go for shitty gmod quality movement or attempt the whole nine yards. the spazzing out just looks plain ugly.
    You people take everything WAY too seriously. It's a movie about the Scout using a psychic hedgehog to fight a robot pirate.

Frankly, it worries me that the jittering is what you're complaining about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #4355
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,527 Posts
    You people take everything WAY too seriously. It's a movie about the Scout using a psychic hedgehog to fight a robot pirate.

Frankly, it worries me that the jittering is what you're complaining about.
    i guess we expect a certain kind of standard after the meet the team shorts have been made in this thing not to mention countless fan creations with great animation
    i ain't dissin ya or nothin, you do what you want but it seems kind of a waste of the tech when this kinda thing could've been made in garry's mod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4356
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,138 Posts
    So I imported my own custom animation and it is pretty long, 920 frames, sadly SFM seems to loop the first few seconds of it instead of playing the entire thing. It looks fine in the model/sequence viewer but once I import it onto the model it just loops the first ten seconds or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #4357
    July 2012
    29 Posts
    Any idea how to fix this weird water bug? seems to happen pretty much on all custom maps I tried to load.
    This console error is likely related: ***** Trying to set a pixel shader that failed loading!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

38. Post #4358

July 2010
    62 Posts
    So I'm taking my first shot at animating guitar playing. Any thoughts on how I can improve it before I move on to body/facial animation?

39. Post #4359
    November 2011
    299 Posts
    So I'm taking my first shot at animating guitar playing. Any thoughts on how I can improve it before I move on to body/facial animation?

One thought to improve this: try to play guitar. You can't do that with fingers not moving at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

40. Post #4360

July 2010
    62 Posts
    One thought to improve this: try to play guitar. You can't do that with fingers not moving at all
    I learned how to play a few chords on the guitar then gave up. I suppose I should give the fingers some animation to go along with the strumming.