1. Post #41
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,475 Posts
    I tried really hard to get into this game but I just can't remember so much about everything.
    And I played like an hour or two on some populated server and just once killed some guy and in other cases just kept dying without even seeing the enemy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    848 Posts
    Pht, like i'm gonna wake up at 9am on a Saturday to play Arma with you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

3. Post #43
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,767 Posts
    This has to be the most replayable game I've played, falling just short of a few others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

4. Post #44
    I still don't understand why we have 2 Arma threads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,187 Posts
    I'm trying to get the dynamic zombie sandbox to work for Arma 2 and whenever I start the mission I just spawn with a bunch of civillians and Russians and then I die. Does this happen to anyone else?
    I don't think the Arma 2 version works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    I still don't understand why we have 2 Arma threads
    This is the third iteration of the ARMA 2 thread, there isn't another one at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,420 Posts
    I tried really hard to get into this game but I just can't remember so much about everything.
    And I played like an hour or two on some populated server and just once killed some guy and in other cases just kept dying without even seeing the enemy.
    solution: don't play on pub servers, the game is 100 times more fun with friends
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,048 Posts
    How about we try to play today because last night everyone just dispersed?

Edit: Even if there would not be too many people playing there's plenty of missions on the server for 4 to 8 players.
    Pht, like i'm gonna wake up at 9am on a Saturday to play Arma with you guys.
    Move to a normal people time zone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

9. Post #49
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    New Arma 3 screenshots:

I fucking love the terrain in the first picture.

And heres an amazing one you guys might not have seen:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 16Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    They really need to turn down blur. The left part on the first picture is really blurry, and the rocks look pretty meh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Are there any really funny messed up scenarios with a bunch of objects attached to vehicles and such?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

12. Post #52
    March 2009
    216 Posts
    Heya, my green man gaming copy of A2 out of nowhere stopped working with my steam OA, I was previously able to play CO, but now OA crashes on startup when I call the CO option trough steam, it says it cant access bin.pbo that is in the A2 vanilla folder, anyone knows of a solution?

I tried reinstalling A2 but it didn't solve my problem, and I can play both games stand-alone fine.
    Nevermind, fixed it by correcting the game location on the registry, after that running the CO option from steam made it work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,961 Posts
    Still looks overwhelmingly like Arma 2 with weird futuristic vehicles, weapons, and uniforms being used by random nations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,675 Posts
    I've logged somewhere around 370 hours in ARMA 2 and at least 100 hours in ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead so far. Just goes to show how entertaining and replayable the game is. I need Cuel to show us his numbers, he has an amount easily beating anyone elses.

help

i'm back from skiing did you guys play this weekend
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #55

February 2012
    213 Posts

Iran is invading Black Mesa???!?>!?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,080 Posts
    ArmA 3 has robits, hooray

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,598 Posts

pleasure to meet you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

18. Post #58

February 2012
    213 Posts
    use (t)(/t) replaced with [][]..
    I can't even see half the screenshot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

19. Post #59
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,675 Posts
    is that vin diesel

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,304 Posts
    I see that they're using the Phx pack here

I think I'll wait on picking up Arma 3 until ACE is up and running with some Current tech
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    The more I look at the Arma 3 units, the more I dislike it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,048 Posts
    You're the type of people who are asking for options to force correct uniforms and eliminate the gear customisation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,598 Posts
    The more I look at the Arma 3 units, the more I dislike it.
    the more i look at arma 3 units the more i'm glad there's mods
    fuck yes developers that don't suck cock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

24. Post #64
    June 2010
    3,622 Posts
    Can't wait for ARMA 3, though I do want to get a better graphics card for it. The game looks great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,954 Posts
    Do you think you could throw this in the OP?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Still looks overwhelmingly like Arma 2 with weird futuristic vehicles, weapons, and uniforms being used by random nations.
    Bringing this up here again. Everything in Arma 3 is real equipment, including things that never got out of prototype stage.

Edited:

I see that they're using the Phx pack here

I think I'll wait on picking up Arma 3 until ACE is up and running with some Current tech
    That's the Merkava tank, and it has been in service since 1978
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,556 Posts
    Bringing this up here again. Everything in Arma 3 is real equipment, including things that never got out of prototype stage.

Edited:

yeah but something in me tells me that if WWIII was to break out we'd be modernizing current equipment and making new designs, not fielding older prototypes.

That's what tweaks my tail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    August 2010
    6,179 Posts
    So it's like cawadooty, great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,598 Posts
    So it's like cawadooty, great.
    are you fucking retarded or something
    like no joke how does "real or prototype" bring up call of duty
    arma 2 already has real and prototype weaponry in the game, namely the SCAR and M8
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,961 Posts
    yeah but something in me tells me that if WWIII was to break out we'd be modernizing current equipment and making new designs, not fielding older prototypes.

That's what tweaks my tail
    Coming from someone who finds Cold War era weaponry and doctrine most interesting, Arma 3 just looks weird. But we've already gone over this, and I do have high hopes for the game. Thing is when you take relatively crude weaponry and pit two average forces against each other it feels more like they're actually fighting than some robots and ultra-tacticool elite soldiers duking it out in a modern battlefield.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    May 2010
    223 Posts
    burd
    mods + mods and uh

mods!!

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    -snip, sarcasm detector broken-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,995 Posts
    I'm trying to get the dynamic zombie sandbox to work for Arma 2 and whenever I start the mission I just spawn with a bunch of civillians and Russians and then I die. Does this happen to anyone else?
    You need to launch it in MP, since all the non-zombies are marked as "Playable".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #74

February 2012
    213 Posts
    If only they added realistic flight control in ArmA3, merge of IL-2 realism a and ArmA3 as it is right now would be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,961 Posts
    burd
    mods + mods and uh

mods!!
    duh, but official content is always better than mods.

spare ACE

Edited:

If only they added realistic flight control in ArmA3, merge of IL-2 realism a and ArmA3 as it is right now would be great.
    It will supposedly have the ToH flight model soo..

Edited:

uhhk disagree even though I heard that in this very thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    462 Posts
    So, I finally bought and downloaded ARMA II, with all expansions. When are the usual playing times?

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,304 Posts

Edited:

Most of this stuff is Near-Future tech and I don't like it. It's like Battlefield 2142 with all the sharp angles and designs that are for looks instead of practicality. The ONLY thing I like in Arma 3 are the Ragdolls and Coyote Packs the Iranians are wearing

38. Post #78

February 2012
    213 Posts
    Most of this stuff is Near-Future tech and I don't like it. It's like Battlefield 2142 with all the sharp angles and designs that are for looks instead of practicality. The ONLY thing I like in Arma 3 are the Ragdolls and Coyote Packs the Iranians are wearing
    Flat surfaces are easy to mass produce.
    If you don't like it, then you're stuck in the passed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #79

February 2012
    213 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,995 Posts
    Those seemingly unmanned 6-wheeled vehicles look badass as fuck
    http://www.pcgames.de/Arma-3-PC-2368...1&i_id=1624683

Edited:

Jesus fuck though, carrier command looks awesome http://www.shacknews.com/game/carrie...on/screenshots

I don't get why in the future militaries seem to have abandoned camouflage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events