1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,066 Posts
    Because it's useless when everyone has thermals
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    I'm actually really excited for Carrier Command. Ever since Supreme Commander I've had a thing for large scale strategy games that aren't just 1 kind of unit spam + resource race (Looking at you AoE, WiC, etc). SupCom is logical in ways a lot of RTS'es aren't, and I like that. Given that BI has created pseudo war    infantry    simulators for the past 10 years I hope for the same from Carrier Command.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    http://youtu.be/Oc5FG0b6EHE
    WIP machinima. It's a school project. It's a fictionalized example of early experiments with mass killings and Ukranian etc. collaborators.

Edited:

This is a WIP, I cut like 40 seconds of redundant shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,912 Posts
    Are there any good Soviet-Afghan war units?

edit: actually never mind, Project '85 has some decent units.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #85
    EVERYONE CHECK THIS OUT

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

6. Post #86
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    EVERYONE CHECK THIS OUT

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT
    I've always seen the PR devs and community as being rather cocky and arrogant, and that feeling hasn't improved with PR:ArmA2. But don't mistake this as me being unhappy about it, it looks like they've added quite a few cool things. (Varied weather and time conditions? The fuck?)

As long as in the end they're willing to share some of their things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #87
    June 2007
    2,268 Posts
    Do they still stop you from hosting your own servers? I tried the mod when it came out, but all of the servers they provided were broken and you couldn't host your own. Haven't touched it since, that was fucking dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    I've always seen the PR devs and community as being rather cocky and arrogant, and that feeling hasn't improved with PR:ArmA2. But don't mistake this as me being unhappy about it, it looks like they've added quite a few cool things. (Varied weather and time conditions? The fuck?)

As long as in the end they're willing to share some of their things.
    Remember, the PR team is working to make Arma 2 a competitive multiplayer game. That doesn't really describe vanilla or ACE Arma 2 in itself. They're using Arma 2 engine and its content to form their own game basically, that's why they mention varied weather and time conditions for example. I think it's a pretty valiant effort IMO because Arma 2 doesn't have nearly enough good PvP.

Edited:

Do they still stop you from hosting your own servers? I tried the mod when it came out, but all of the servers they provided were broken and you couldn't host your own. Haven't touched it since, that was fucking dumb.
    When was it ever like that?

9. Post #89
    June 2007
    2,268 Posts
    When the first public version came out. If you hosted a server without being on their whitelist every player that joined would just get a black screen saying unauthorized server or something along those lines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #90
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    When the first public version came out. If you hosted a server without being on their whitelist every player that joined would just get a black screen saying unauthorized server or something along those lines.
    i wouldn't be surprised lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,186 Posts
    Does anybody have any good multiplayer missions for the WH40K mod for Flashpoint? The only one I've found is just a flat desert with a few Tau somewhere.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,912 Posts
    How do you get infantry to sit and ride on top of BMPs? I always see screenshots of soldiers sitting on the top of bmps in arma 2 and I dont know how to do it.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    How do you get infantry to sit and ride on top of BMPs? I always see screenshots of soldiers sitting on the top of bmps in arma 2 and I dont know how to do it.
    I use RHS mounting mod for T-55 and whatnot, but it also encompasses BMP-2 so I'm not sure. You should just need to be near the back and hit "get in back" and I believe if you're in the right spot it'll put you on top not inside (you can do both).

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,912 Posts
    I use RHS mounting mod for T-55 and whatnot, but it also encompasses BMP-2 so I'm not sure. You should just need to be near the back and hit "get in back" and I believe if you're in the right spot it'll put you on top not inside (you can do both).
    Could you possibly give me a link to it? because i cant find shit.

edit: I think i found it, is it this? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...&highlight=RHS

15. Post #95
    January 2010
    2,751 Posts
    Not really related to ARMA 3, but to Bohemia, Take On: Hinds was just announced as Take On Helicopters DLC coming March.
    Take On Helicopters Hinds is the first official DLC for Take On Helicopters. Shifting focus to a more combat-oriented experience, Take On Helicopters: Hinds puts players in the seat of the most iconic and revolutionary military gunship ever: the Hind.

Take On Helicopters: Hinds includes the Mil Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Super Hind helicopter gunships, a brand new set of singleplayer challenges, 5 time trials and a new competitive multiplayer scenario.
    Key features

Range of Hind variants – Highly detailed Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Super Hind helicopters across a range of over 25 different liveries (covering most nations operating the gunship)
    Unique Hind attributes – Interactive cockpits, flight model, retractable landing gear and weapon systems
    Realistic sound effects - Samples recorded from real-life Hind helicopters for an extra level of detail
    Singleplayer challenges - A set of gameplay challenges showcasing ground attacks and aerial support
    Time trials - Put the helicopter through its paces in 5 tough timed checkpoint races
    Multiplayer gameplay - New adversarial scenario available over LAN/Internet; battle it out against other Hind teams
    Pick-up-and-pilot controls - Designed to be played with mouse-and-keyboard, gamepads and joysticks
    Language support - The DLC is available in English, German, Czech, Italian, French and Spanish

Take On Helicopter: Hinds will be released on Thursday 15 March 2012.
    http://takeonthegame.com/hinds/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    Not really related to ARMA 3, but to Bohemia, Take On: Hinds was just announced as Take On Helicopters DLC coming March.

http://takeonthegame.com/hinds/
    Damn, if they keep that up with other military helicopters I might just get ToH. If that DLC is free, mind you.

17. Post #97
    January 2010
    2,751 Posts
    It's 60$ for the game and DLC pre-order, or 16$ for the DLC pre-order alone.

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    Damn, if they keep that up with other military helicopters I might just get ToH. If that DLC is free, mind you.
    They're practically making a separate game and you want it to be free.

why

Edited:

Could you possibly give me a link to it? because i cant find shit.

edit: I think i found it, is it this? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...&highlight=RHS
    18 hours later lol

Yeah that's it.

19. Post #99
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    tarks a communist homo loose goose
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    it's a few variants of a single helicopter, i'd understand alot more if this was to the depth of, say, dcs blackshark
    but this is tkoh
    not dcs blackshark

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    it's a few variants of a single helicopter, i'd understand alot more if this was to the depth of, say, dcs blackshark
    but this is tkoh
    not dcs blackshark
    It's like $16.

22. Post #102
    February 2010
    1,760 Posts
    Is it possible to combine a steam copy of Arma 2 and a retail copy of OA to get Combined Ops?

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,595 Posts
    Yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,073 Posts
    Is it possible to combine a steam copy of Arma 2 and a retail copy of OA to get Combined Ops?
    That is exactly what I've been doing, works flawlessly after some dicking around with it. You can either copy the A2 content into your OA install, or you can tell OA to look for it in your steam folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,394 Posts
    What happens when you run into an ambush with 12 men in the same squad:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    July 2010
    1,568 Posts
    Tried out some the Scenario missions in Arma 2, fucking Counter Attack, half our squad got ran over by a friendly BMP. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

27. Post #107
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,394 Posts
    Airborne training tonight, should probably record all the RCT's falling to their deaths on HALO jumps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,162 Posts
    Airborne training tonight, should probably record all the RCT's falling to their deaths on HALO jumps
    Be sure to be the first one on the ground so you can look all around and see the the various *thunks* and *splats* and *cracks* as an entire platoon tries to divebomb the mole people.

29. Post #109
    August 2010
    860 Posts
    Got full version of ArmA 1 (my pc can't handle ArmA 2)
    Feels good man
    I had straight 2 hours of fun with the editor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,066 Posts
    What happens when you run into an ambush with 12 men in the same squad:

Game Options:
    Subtitles Off

Audio Options:
    Radio off

No more lame ass AI Chat or Radio Spam.

31. Post #111
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    Game Options:
    Subtitles Off

Audio Options:
    Radio off

No more lame ass AI Chat or Radio Spam.
    then you miss important radio call outs from ai and squad mates in mp that aren't said via chat or mic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,066 Posts
    Nothing the AI says is important, trust me. Just take a knee when your 1 o'clock/2/3/4/5 etc pops up and have a look around, other than that, They're useless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts
    Nothing the AI says is important, trust me. Just take a knee when your 1 o'clock/2/3/4/5 etc pops up and have a look around, other than that, They're useless
    you're wrong
    the ai mostly says alot of useless things but they have said some rather relevant and timely information
    as in calling out the a10 that was approaching from behind or the rough position of a sniper

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,066 Posts
    But can't you hear the A-10? And doesn't the sniper shooting off his shot already give a rough position?

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    But can't you hear the A-10? And doesn't the sniper shooting off his shot already give a rough position?
    Probably not if you're like me and prefer to hear what your teammates are saying over VOIP over hearing the occasional engine sound.

36. Post #116
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    talon you're dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    August 2009
    407 Posts
    i am thinking about buying this but i have only played the demo so i dont know which i should buy ARMA 2 or ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead and which have the most mods?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events

38. Post #118
    October 2010
    332 Posts
    Both of them, seriously, it's worth it. Lots of mods/maps require both anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events

39. Post #119
    C:\
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts
    Anyone know any ww2 mods? I've already got i44. I just love ww2, specifically ww2 planes.
    ww1 is cool too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #120
    :()
    August 2009
    2,695 Posts
    Anyone got any idea why I'm getting 15~% GPU usage with my 8800GT? Happens in both Arma 2 and OA, making it unplayable with 5 FPS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events