1. Post #2841
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    January 2007
    2,683 Posts
    Wow fucking hell, not missing vehicles anymore but now i am back to getting kicked after pressing missing \bin/weapons.cfg. fucking wonderful. Why does it seem so random for who can play and who not Y.Y

Have you ever added a mod into the base arma2 addons folder? If so you need to delete it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #2842
    Problem is that i think it will be branded as one of those official servers, instead i want to edit the code towards what FP wants. (More bikes and perhaps a few chaos nights)
    Worried that they will not allow that
    Basically you can't.
    It doesn't work like just "editing" the code.

At the moment HIVE(the backend) fetches objects from the central database when the server starts.

We definitely need more servers hosting though.

I might put a third EU up on my box, need to make sure it can cope first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #2843
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,932 Posts
    If I had a decent connection then I'd set one up since I have a spare box.

I'd need a HDD though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #2844
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    Profan if you do, could just please make that server have a crosshair. But only if others want it of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2845
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    People are so retarded in this dayz mod. Trying to help them and even telling them I'm coming up unarmed.

And yet they kill me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

6. Post #2846
    Profan if you do, could just please make that server have a crosshair. But only if others want it of course.
    Personally, crosshairs are quite immersion breaking for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2847
    July 2010
    3,836 Posts
    I installed ArmA 2 and AO vanilla just for this mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

8. Post #2848
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    Personally, crosshairs are quite immersion breaking for me
    I agree, but either that or fix the crossbow, heh. It's not really a big deal, just thought since none of the other 2 has one this one could.

Edited:

If I'm going to be honest I think the crosshair is a little bit off too. It is for the Winchester anyway, it hits a bit down right of the crosshair.

Edited:

People are getting stuck waiting on "waiting for server response" on EU2.

Edited:

Or "requesting Character data from server".

I just saw it got flushed in the server browser dropping to 30 players last time I saw it.

9. Post #2849
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    A somewhat old picture of koekje's "speshul squad"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

10. Post #2850
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,133 Posts
    It's so sad to see people you group up with die :(

11. Post #2851
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,032 Posts
    Waiting for Arma: CO to go on sale. Don't really wanna give out 25 before every trying it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

12. Post #2852
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,238 Posts
    Waiting for Arma: CO to go on sale. Don't really wanna give out 25 before every trying it.
    www.arma2.com/free
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #2853
    January 2010
    5,904 Posts
    What exactly are you all playing? That zombie game mode server?

14. Post #2854
    March 2010
    3,650 Posts
    What exactly are you all playing? That zombie game mode server?
    www.dayzmod.com/
    A sandbox zombie mod spanning over the entire Arma II map. You start with nothing and have to work your way up gathering supplies and finding weapons in cities and open houses on the country side (barns primary).

Quite fun.

15. Post #2855
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,414 Posts
    "LifeIsGood and I just cleared some lower parts of Takistan. It was fun as fuck."

Was told to post this here.

Edited:

Re-installed CO today and bought it for my BF also.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

16. Post #2856
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,032 Posts
    Yeah i know, Dynamic Zombie Sandbox is shit compared to DayZ (I bearly made it work at all)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

17. Post #2857
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,088 Posts

bad move to fire a rifle in a city
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2858
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,414 Posts
    I joined a DayZ server, it is dark and I cant see anything so I'm just gonna go prone until it is bright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #2859
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,133 Posts
    I am worried about the status on the servers.

Alive Characters: 4934
    Bandits: 2627

We need a group of bounty hunters for those.. half the players are bandits, that's to much.

Murders: 5257
    Bandits killed: 545

Is bad too, there should atleast be half the murders on bandits instead only 545.

Edited:

Killing bandits gives bad humanity? If there are to many you can't avoid them anymore and you are forced to kill them because it's like an infection.

Edited:

Bandits are worse than zombies

Edited:

Most dangerous people yet:
    Place:

RL-Warrior Murders: 61 Alive: No
    Munchy Murders: 58 Alive: Yes
    SSG Snow Murders: 46 Alive: No
    Spude Murders: 44 Alive: No

And the guy that killed the most bandits haves only 6 bandit kills...

Edited:

I'm grabbin' my sniper rifle and hunt for bandits then wait to recover from the humanity loss and keep on doing just that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Germany Show Events

20. Post #2860
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,529 Posts
    I think the problem is that people acting in self-defense becomes bandits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

21. Post #2861
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    829 Posts
    *Bandit DISCRIMINATION*
    Sir I'll have you know I became a bandit after killing a man in self-defense (And he DIDN'T have a bandit skin either, ooh look at that). Ever since I have been on the run, hunted down by ruthless holier-than-though survivors who think themselves the next Punisher. Never again can I enter Chernogorsk or Elektrovadorsk to gather my supplies unhindered, whever I go I will forever be met with distrust, verbal abuse and gunfire. I have been sentenced to death purely for the way I look, the Banditi people, though young have already faced a lifetime's of turmoil. I hear people say that Bandits are "dumb", "pathetic" and even..the N word.... "noobs" THERE, I SAID IT. We are not monsters, we are no different from you, we only want to to survive, to LIVE. We are capable of compassion, of kindness and teamwork -
    Here, I and two of our PERSECUTED brethren stop to heal each other after chased by yet another lynch mob as we tried to get to the Elektrovadorsk Orphanage to donate all our money.

One day, the number of bandits shall exceed those of the survivors, and on that day the survivors will have to answer for the crimes they have committed against my people. Against the true people of Chernarus.
    So I ask you sir, who is the real bandit?
    The man who'll happily condemn an entire peoples to death, actively seek out and murder every last one indiscriminately.    Even the little Banditstani women and children ;_;   
    Or the man who is just trying to survive, just trying to make ends meet no matter the cost. They never asked for this.

I bid you, good day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2862
    July 2007
    462 Posts
    Well cant play this anymore. Battleye refuses to work for no reason and the Australian server seems to be gone which was the only one with battleye turned off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 China Show Events

23. Post #2863
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,133 Posts
    That has changed my mind. I also met an bandit 2 days ago which was friendly.. I did let him go.

Problem is that it's so hard to see whos good and whos bad, the humanity system needs a bit of rework.

24. Post #2864
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I just made my first kill ever at the airfield in the North West. Gave 3 warnings but I guess the guy didn't speak English. Airfields are a hellhole, and not even worth the equipment over there seeing how many have died for it.

25. Post #2865

April 2012
    4 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

26. Post #2866
    July 2011
    764 Posts
    Guys in ArmA 2 CO i'm getting problems when a guy is dead his eyeball is just a grey texture, which makes it really creepy when looking over dead bodies and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2867
    February 2011
    938 Posts
    I'm getting stuck on Receiving data on the FR1 server, damn it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #2868
    Tiny Bat
    March 2011
    1,797 Posts
    I can't do much since it's pitch black night and nothing to light up around me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2869
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,529 Posts
    Press F and switch to flares, throw one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2870
    Tiny Bat
    March 2011
    1,797 Posts
    Shouldn't the mission be connected with the servers clock? Meaning that the EU server should be morning instead of in the middle of the night now?

31. Post #2871
    July 2007
    462 Posts
    I just read that the aussie server was using 180gb of bandwidth in under a week and that shit aint cheap in Australia. Hope they guys can fix up the bandwidth usage problems soon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 China Show Events

32. Post #2872
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,335 Posts
    Shouldn't the mission be connected with the servers clock? Meaning that the EU server should be morning instead of in the middle of the night now?
    I think it needs to be reset. It should be daylight.

33. Post #2873
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,179 Posts
    Sir I'll have you know I became a bandit after killing a man in self-defense (And he DIDN'T have a bandit skin either, ooh look at that). Ever since I have been on the run, hunted down by ruthless holier-than-though survivors who think themselves the next Punisher. Never again can I enter Chernogorsk or Elektrovadorsk to gather my supplies unhindered, whever I go I will forever be met with distrust, verbal abuse and gunfire. I have been sentenced to death purely for the way I look, the Banditi people, though young have already faced a lifetime's of turmoil. I hear people say that Bandits are "dumb", "pathetic" and even..the N word.... "noobs" THERE, I SAID IT. We are not monsters, we are no different from you, we only want to to survive, to LIVE. We are capable of compassion, of kindness and teamwork -
    Here, I and two of our PERSECUTED brethren stop to heal each other after chased by yet another lynch mob as we tried to get to the Elektrovadorsk Orphanage to donate all our money.

One day, the number of bandits shall exceed those of the survivors, and on that day the survivors will have to answer for the crimes they have committed against my people. Against the true people of Chernarus.
    So I ask you sir, who is the real bandit?
    The man who'll happily condemn an entire peoples to death, actively seek out and murder every last one indiscriminately.    Even the little Banditstani women and children ;_;   
    Or the man who is just trying to survive, just trying to make ends meet no matter the cost. They never asked for this.

I bid you, good day

The tears, they...

They just can't stop flowing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2874
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,522 Posts
    I don't think it should be full real-time.

Because otherwise, some people who can only play at certain times will only experience certain times.
    Like for me, I seem to only get to it when it's night time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

35. Post #2875
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,133 Posts
    Day time is so bad compared to night time. Completly non intense on daylight and even more horrible when you can't turn your graphic settings up like me. I always play on night time.

36. Post #2876
    January 2012
    1,140 Posts
    Because there's no rain.

Wich is really awkward on a zombie related thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2877
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,335 Posts
    I love Nighttime now that I found NVG's. I Feel like a god.

38. Post #2878
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,354 Posts
    I want to try DayZ so bad... Is it worth buying Arma 2 CO for it?

39. Post #2879
    May 2008
    119 Posts
    Yes it is i bought it yesterday i should have it monday ^^

40. Post #2880
    August 2009
    9,495 Posts
    I love it when you get shot your guy gets back up an then kills the 2 bandits hunting you down while unable to see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events