1. Post #4721
    January 2012
    542 Posts
    I wen't to cherno for the first time today. Only looked around the outskirts of the city and managed to find: A Winchester (with a lot of ammo,) a AKM (no ammo sadly,) two M1911 in the same building (both of them had two mag's,) a Hunting Knife, a watch, a bloodpack and a bunch of supplies. I wish I could take all of it with me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

2. Post #4722
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,011 Posts
    I wen't to cherno for the first time today. Only looked around the outskirts of the city and managed to find: A Winchester (with a lot of ammo,) a AKM (no ammo sadly,) two M1911 in the same building (both of them had two mag's,) a Hunting Knife, a watch, a bloodpack and a bunch of supplies. I wish I could take all of it with me.
    And then you probably get sniped by 10 bandtits sitting ontop of buildings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Estonia Show Events

3. Post #4723
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

put the AKM in your bag and haul everything else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #4724
    January 2012
    542 Posts
    And then you probably get sniped by 10 bandtits sitting ontop of buildings.
    Actually I didn't. Only saw one other survivor who were chasing zombies for some reason, got out of there nice and peacefully

put the AKM in your bag and haul everything else
    Sadly i thought about that too late. When i wen't back someone else must've looted it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

5. Post #4725
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,715 Posts
    Cherno is relatively calm if you keep your head down and dont stick in one place for long.

Pay attention to where gunshots sound like they are coming from. Don't go towards them. That's my secret. Shocking isn't it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4726
    June 2005
    226 Posts
    Playing DayZ on Isla Duala would be amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

7. Post #4727
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    576 Posts
    I never find anything good at the NW airfield. I get better shit from hunting towers.

8. Post #4728
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,060 Posts
    Playing Dayz, I spawned in the floor and broke my legs, lost 10000 blood and died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

9. Post #4729
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

10. Post #4730
    Otherworldy Aviation Enthusiast
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    I have a bunch of friends that are absolutely shit at flying anything.

This made me decide to host some sort of training camp for them so that they can learn how to fly and drive shit.

Would anyone in here also be interested in such things?
    I'd be interested in helping you teach people how to fly in ARMA. I'm pretty adept at flying aircraft of all varieties.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #4731
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,384 Posts
    I'd be interested in helping you teach people how to fly in ARMA. I'm pretty adept at flying aircraft of all varieties.
    Sounds good, do you have steam?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #4732
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    Sounds good, do you have steam?
    Indeed, I'll PM you my account name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #4733
    May 2011
    862 Posts
    M4 CCO and an alice pack, first time i've had anything good

14. Post #4734
    January 2011
    178 Posts
    if you just spawned in the game at the coast, just go to electro or cherno to stock up. It doesn't matter that you only have a makarov, yeah you might die but usually you'll be able to stock up with military gear in under an hour. I used to search for barns to get a winchester with blood and sweat, now i have an m24 dmr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

15. Post #4735
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,246 Posts
    can someone upload the arma2oa.exe
    I fucked mine up when I was installing the beta and overwrote it and now I cant start up the regular version!

Try with fileupload or something

16. Post #4736
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,617 Posts
    can someone upload the arma2oa.exe
    I fucked mine up when I was installing the beta and overwrote it and now I cant start up the regular version!

Try with fileupload or something
    Here you go buddy (Steam version)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/39w9t2lg66gsm3n/ArmA2OA.exe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #4737
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,388 Posts
    if you just spawned in the game at the coast, just go to electro or cherno to stock up. It doesn't matter that you only have a makarov, yeah you might die but usually you'll be able to stock up with military gear in under an hour. I used to search for barns to get a winchester with blood and sweat, now i have an m24 dmr
    Winchester is still better. I have an AKS-74 Kobra and I'm going to switch back to a winchester when I find one. So much better for killing zombies... and there's actually ammo for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #4738
    January 2011
    178 Posts
    I carry both. You don't use military gear on zombies, you use it on people. Especially bandits. You can also find shitloads of winchesters in cherno/elektro, plus maps, compasses and everything you need to survive out there. There's just no point to go inland at the start for barns, you can do that as soon as you have a map and a compass. Also, deer stands. Does anyone know where to get a chopper, and where to find parts to fix one up? Getting a chopper up in the air is kinda my current goal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4739
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    I carry both. You don't use military gear on zombies, you use it on people. Especially bandits. You can also find shitloads of winchesters in cherno/elektro, plus maps, compasses and everything you need to survive out there. There's just no point to go inland at the start for barns, you can do that as soon as you have a map and a compass. Also, deer stands. Does anyone know where to get a chopper, and where to find parts to fix one up? Getting a chopper up in the air is kinda my current goal.
    I have the same goal, might be worth teaming up? I've found a Huey along the coast before, just outside of Elektro. Helicopters spawn randomly around the map. As for parts, you use metal scrap to fix the tail rotor, and the main rotor can be found at the industrial section of Cherno. I'm not sure about the other parts though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4740
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Just tried the demo for Cold War Rearmed, it is a sweet mod. Makes me remember how hard Operation Flashpoint was.

21. Post #4741
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,388 Posts
    I've been to about five deer stands, never found NVG. Only found an M14 with no ammo in one.

22. Post #4742
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    I've found a gun in every deer stand I've been in (that being said, I've been in like 5). Most I've found is a AK74 and a AKM with one mag each.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

23. Post #4743
    January 2011
    178 Posts
    sure fly, just pm me your steam id and we should be getting that chopper to work when the weekend starts. Or perhaps a car would be nice too, atleast something to get around faster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

24. Post #4744
    November 2009
    8,731 Posts
    I really need to get this game. $30 is a bit expensive, though. Any idea if this will be in the Steam Summer Sale?

25. Post #4745
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    So, I'm playing Dayz and I just went into a lake to fill my water bottle... lost my Winchester with loads of ammo, and Alice backpack full of steak and pop! now I'm in the middle of nowhere with next to no supplies at all! how frustrating.

26. Post #4746
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts

Cold War Rearmed 2 game play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #4747
    How requirement-intensive is this game? Specifically the Dayz mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

28. Post #4748
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Higher than Crysis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

29. Post #4749
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Is there a way to move the camera in third person without moving my head?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4750
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,388 Posts
    I really need to get this game. $30 is a bit expensive, though. Any idea if this will be in the Steam Summer Sale?
    Seeing as how every game ever is usually on sale during it, yes.

31. Post #4751
    November 2009
    8,731 Posts
    Doesn't really matter... I impulse-bought it, and now I have INSTANT BUYER'S REMORSE.

Because you don't get to $900 in Steam games without hating yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #4752
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #4753
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    966 Posts
    Is there a way to move the camera in third person without moving my head?
    Double hit ALT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #4754
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #4755
    It seems that this game need nasa computer to get over 30fps, any ideas guys?
    (i have 6850 directcu 1gb , 8gb ram, AMD Phenom X4 II 955)
    I have i7@3.4 ghz, GTX560 1gb, and 8gb ram myself. Maybe it doesn't like AMD?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

36. Post #4756
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,543 Posts
    It seems that this game need nasa computer to get over 30fps, any ideas guys?
    (i have 6850 directcu 1gb , 8gb ram, AMD Phenom X4 II 955)
    Turn off vsync, Use a FXAA/SMAA injector instead of the ingame AA options, force Anisotropic filtering through your graphics card drivers instead of using the game options.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #4757
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,421 Posts
    in dayz, some bandits were using the pickup truck as bait. I was to the side of them crawling through the hills, trying to get my revenge on them for killing me like 5 times and my friends aswell.. I was just going to do a mad rush with my makarov, until I noticed them going further up the hill, so I sprinted down, got in the truck and drove off. they disconnected without a word
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

38. Post #4758
    April 2012
    28 Posts
    So I want to play DayZ, and I have Arma 2 but not the extra missions, do I need them?

And how can I get Arma to stop freezing and shitting all over the place, I have a plenty strong PC but it seems to freeze once a minute for a few seconds. That and I have no clue how to play this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

39. Post #4759
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,763 Posts
    Lee Enfield for ultimate accuracy and damage.

Edit: Your sidearm is for fighting zombies up close.
    I remember reading

"The Lee Enfield is so loud that it opens a rift in space and time which allows zombies from other servers to come get you"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

40. Post #4760
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,511 Posts
    Double hit ALT.
    Or just hold and move your mouse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)