1. Post #4881
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,715 Posts
    Hah, im in that video. I do miss those days as well. Too bad the drama killed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #4882
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,677 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

3. Post #4883
    November 2007
    1,064 Posts
    So I picked up OA (which gives my CO now). I like it so far.

I took a shot at the heli tutorial since the one in ArmA2 sucked IMO. OA's tutorial on it is a little better, I just suck at piloting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #4884
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    No drama, just bird combat.

Edited:

Nailed the Huey with the M203 like a boss. I miss those days.
    I remember that exact moment as well, you can hear me scream "Open fire on the bird!" Boy, those were really the days. Linelor was a complete idiot (thank goodness I left when I did) but we were all a great group of guys and it was really fun playing with everybody. I wish we could go back and do it all again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4885
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,526 Posts
    Welp, most of the British guys from 386th stuck together if you want to join us for some DayZ/I44.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #4886
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,807 Posts

I took a shot at the heli tutorial since the one in ArmA2 sucked IMO. OA's tutorial on it is a little better, I just suck at piloting.
    I don't know how people find VTOLs so hard to control.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #4887
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    671 Posts

The best way to learn things in ArmA 2 in general is (in my opinion) to spawn yourself in whatever vehicle in the editor. You can also very easily spawn whatever targets you want in there. I also have a short video demonstrating a pretty good landing. VERY good landing, if I may say so myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 4 (list)

8. Post #4888
    April 2009
    658 Posts
    I cant respawn after getting shot by someone a few minutes after i first spawned in DAYZ. I only get this hourglass in the middle of the screen, and i cant go to the menu or anything. Then after a few minutes it just says "Kicked because ping too high". And it keeps happening after i disconnect and join other dayz servers. I'm just there, laying down being dead in a warehouse and i cant do anything about it. Can anyone help me ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events

9. Post #4889
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,048 Posts
    I cant respawn after getting shot by someone a few minutes after i first spawned in DAYZ. I only get this hourglass in the middle of the screen, and i cant go to the menu or anything. Then after a few minutes it just says "Kicked because ping too high". And it keeps happening after i disconnect and join other dayz servers. I'm just there, laying down being dead in a warehouse and i cant do anything about it. Can anyone help me ?
    The hourglass is you bleeding out. You have to wait until you die or the hourglass runs out and you get up again. When you're really dead, you will get a YOU ARE DEAD screen. You can't access the menu while bleeding out because people really like to bitch out and disconnect if they think they are about to lose their virtual items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

10. Post #4890
    Hello, I'm wondering if there is some sort of sandbox mission with respawning vehicles available?
    I'm asking because I'd love to mess about with vehicles with my friends on a private online server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

11. Post #4891
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,457 Posts
    Hello, I'm wondering if there is some sort of sandbox mission with respawning vehicles available?
    I'm asking because I'd love to mess about with vehicles with my friends on a private online server.
    I have a little mission on chernarus, Got assorted heli's and jets, a LAV, Abrams, a Shilka and some humvees'(All respawn, and there are service points to rearm). Could send it to you if you want. Adding vehicles to it isnt that hard.

Edited:

Should run on Arma 2 Free, ArmA 2, Combined Ops and Operation Arrowhead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #4892
    I have a little mission on chernarus, Got assorted heli's and jets, a LAV, Abrams, a Shilka and some humvees'(All respawn, and there are service points to rearm). Could send it to you if you want. Adding vehicles to it isnt that hard.

Edited:

Should run on Arma 2 Free, ArmA 2, Combined Ops and Operation Arrowhead.
    That would be super. I'd really appreciate if you sent it to me.

13. Post #4893
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...andbox-The-Mod

14. Post #4894
    October 2009
    7,457 Posts
    That would be super. I'd really appreciate if you sent it to me.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8385549/derp....Chernarus.zip

If you place it it Documents/ArmA 2 Other Profiles/Your Username/MPMissions you should be able to edit it with the mission editor in the game lobby.

15. Post #4895
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8385549/derp....Chernarus.zip

If you place it it Documents/ArmA 2 Other Profiles/Your Username/MPMissions you should be able to edit it with the mission editor in the game lobby.
    Alright, thanks a ton.

Edited:

I'll try this one aswell. Thanks.

16. Post #4896
    This title is totally OVERKILL!
    November 2011
    8,586 Posts
    We need trucks.
    Lots and lots of trucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events

17. Post #4897
    October 2009
    7,457 Posts
    We need trucks.
    Lots and lots of trucks.
    Open my mission in the editor, take a look at the init on the humvees at spawn, make a new vehicle and put the code from the humvees in their init line. Done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #4898
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I find MCC Mod that I posted earlier to be much easier for that.
    Open MCC menu in-game.
    Chose a vehicle from the list.
    Click on the map to spawn it.
    Repeat.

19. Post #4899
    Also there is Armex, which is a multiplayer armory.

20. Post #4900
    November 2011
    8,586 Posts
    I was getting anxious for my birthday to come around so I could actually get to buy this game (seeing how I've played the Free edition ever since I asked about it here, with only sleep inbetween).

And then this happened.

So much love was given.

Edited:

Oh man, 14 GB worth of content to download.
    This'll take a while...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #4901
    November 2007
    1,064 Posts
    This'll take a while...
    Worth it in the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4902
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,183 Posts
    The best way to learn things in ArmA 2 in general is (in my opinion) to spawn yourself in whatever vehicle in the editor. You can also very easily spawn whatever targets you want in there. I also have a short video demonstrating a pretty good landing. VERY good landing, if I may say so myself.
    That was a masterpiece.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #4903
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    671 Posts
    This'll take a while...
    14 GB? Just wait until you get into the mod community. Add to that my 8,3GB ArmA 2 folder. Fucking ridiculous.

This image is from a really good op. We played MSO Sangin (MSO is a framework for maps that makes them totally dynamic, with enemies and civilians spawning all over, moving around the world). We patrolled and engaged insurgents for like 3 hours, and when we decided to head home to base the server went to shit. Everyone froze in place and the rubber band lag was horrible, like BF3 beta lag x1000. Some guys managed to get a jeep to our position but we later crashed. I got out with only minor wounds, covered in blood. I sat down for a while before we all decided to leave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4904
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,537 Posts
    Where do I put all the download stuff for DayZ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #4905
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,807 Posts
    addons folder in @dayz.

26. Post #4906
    Finally got round to Buying arrow head so i can use CO... not even played the campaigns, DayZ and Life servers all day erryday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #4907
    May 2008
    119 Posts
    I joined Dayz now since i finally got OA i lived 2 minutes got shot by a bandit...changed server...same thing...changed server...and again....

I dont know if thats normal but its really anoying for "new" people ......
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

28. Post #4908
    August 2010
    6,179 Posts
    I joined Dayz now since i finally got OA i lived 2 minutes got shot by a bandit...changed server...same thing...changed server...and again....

I dont know if thats normal but its really anoying for "new" people ......
    Get used to it stop crying. It's not an easy game and I'm glad that it isn't.
    Bottom line: you're going to die alot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

29. Post #4909
    June 2007
    2,909 Posts
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16786

DayZ is going official in the next ARMAII update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

30. Post #4910
    November 2011
    8,586 Posts
    Worth it in the end.
    As a matter of fact, no. Not a fault of the game (seeing how I haven't got to play it yet), but during the night while I waited for the install to finish something must've happened, because right now now my computer is unresponsive to the point of freezing the whole OS if I do anything at all. I can't even switch windows without it almost crashing. I've done several restarts (through forced power-button shutdowns) and it's actually so slow I can even read the text of a GPU-related batch-script on startup. THAT usually flies by in half a second, now it takes 2-3 minutes to disappear.

I think it's dying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #4911
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,677 Posts
    buy new comp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #4912
    November 2011
    8,586 Posts
    That's the plan if everything goes to hell...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

33. Post #4913

June 2009
    1,830 Posts
    That's the plan if everything goes to hell...
    Sounds like your CPU or Harddrive is shitting itself.

34. Post #4914
    May 2011
    2,016 Posts
    Hey people of Arma 2. I have recently purchased Arma 2 CO. Operation Arrowhead finished downloading quite some time ago now. I, of course, tried to start it up instantly. But I get the error message "Data file too short...". As a medium clever human being I tried to check my local files for errors. It always said one file was re-requested, but nothing ever happened.

I also tried to delete the files from the error message and then check my files for errors, giving me errors of a different file everytime and at some point starting from the first file in the error message again.

I am sorry if this was already asked here in the thread but I can't be arsed to read the whole damn thread.

35. Post #4915
    August 2010
    6,179 Posts
    Hey people of Arma 2. I have recently purchased Arma 2 CO. Operation Arrowhead finished downloading quite some time ago now. I, of course, tried to start it up instantly. But I get the error message "Data file too short...". As a medium clever human being I tried to check my local files for errors. It always said one file was re-requested, but nothing ever happened.

I also tried to delete the files from the error message and then check my files for errors, giving me errors of a different file everytime and at some point starting from the first file in the error message again.

I am sorry if this was already asked here in the thread but I can't be arsed to read the whole damn thread.
    Your shits fucked, have you tried a complete reinstall?

36. Post #4916
    October 2009
    7,457 Posts

Run steam as admin, then verify again

37. Post #4917
    May 2011
    2,016 Posts
    Your shits fucked, have you tried a complete reinstall?
    Might give this a try.

Run steam as admin, then verify again
    Already did.

38. Post #4918
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    140 Posts
    I wish Arma 2-3 would use steams workshop that would be awesome !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #4919
    November 2011
    8,586 Posts
    Sounds like your CPU or Harddrive is shitting itself.
    I did a full restore to factory settings and it unshat itself. So it's all good now. Been playing ARMA 2 with 3 friends of mine now for like 6 hours. 2 in each team, hiding at a spot in the world while the other team seeks the hiding one using only waypoints as clues. Lasts long, and you get to see the sights!

I love the sneaking factor of the game. Honestly this is the first game where I'd rather sneak and discuss plans than sprint into action, not only because of the survival factor - but because it's fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #4920
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,807 Posts
    Snip