1. Post #5561
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,696 Posts
    You can sometimes doubletap numpad - to get a much more wide fov.
    Yeah but as soon as you look trough your sights or try to zoom in it cancels itself and you have to do it again, I'd much rather have third person, it's way better for times when you're moving.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #5562
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,691 Posts
    Anyone else think Wasteland is more fun than DayZ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

3. Post #5563
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,806 Posts
    Or you can edit it in one of the files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5564
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,696 Posts
    Or you can edit it in one of the files.
    You mean the FOV? Really? I've asked a shitload of times and searched for ways to do so plenty of times, and all I've found is people saying it can't be done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

5. Post #5565
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,634 Posts
    You mean the FOV? Really? I've asked a shitload of times and searched for ways to do so plenty of times, and all I've found is people saying it can't be done.
    \Documents\ArmA 2\simkas.ArmA2OAProfile

Then find those these lines:
    fovTop=0.75;
    fovLeft=1.3333334;

I am not quite sure how they work, but just toy around with them and find out. I guess the fovTop=0.75 is equal to 75 degrees FOV. But as said, just try.

Edited:

"Since Arma is Czech its inherently wrong. FOVtop is the vertical Field of View and FOV Left is the Horizontal both in Radians and NOT Degrees."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #5566
    Yeah but as soon as you look trough your sights or try to zoom in it cancels itself and you have to do it again, I'd much rather have third person, it's way better for times when you're moving.
    As third person would be disabled any time we go back to PVP missions, isn't it better to just get used to first person?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #5567
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,410 Posts
    Anyone know any good co-op missions for 15 or so people?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #5568
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,081 Posts
    Also double tapping - fov dont cancels as soon as you go to ironsights, never did for me. Guns with scopes only dont allow the double tap - but as soon as you switch to a gun that allows it it works again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #5569
    My next mission will be a night mission, without NVG's but moonlit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

10. Post #5570
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,083 Posts
    My next mission will be a night mission, without NVG's but moonlit
    Oh boy I can't wait for friendly fire up the ass, unless the tactical approaches will be player-friendly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

11. Post #5571
    Oh boy I can't wait for friendly fire up the ass, unless the tactical approaches will be player-friendly.
    Player friendly? My missions? Unheard of
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #5572
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,234 Posts
    Lets get a game going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

13. Post #5573
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,434 Posts
    i'll be back in around 4 hours
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

14. Post #5574
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,759 Posts
    Sometimes it is.
    I found a humvee with an M240 on the top, and I also found a russian weapons cache. Then I sold it after running over somebody by accident and left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #5575
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,420 Posts
    Trying to make a "you're a civilian stuck in the midst of war escape" scenario, is there a flashlight in game, or similar device, and if so how do I give it to my civilian?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #5576
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    Just got my mods updated and I'm going to start playing with you guys again. It feels like it's been such a long time. Once I get used to all the new mods that are in play I'll be sure to deliver an amazing mission, 2nd47-style (that's the best style, fyi).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #5577
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,422 Posts
    I'm trying to join but my damn Six updater keeps saying my mods are out of date after it just updated them about 2 hours ago.

18. Post #5578
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,234 Posts
    We're PLAYING !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #5579
    December 2009
    13,332 Posts
    If I have pretty much all the mods you guys use do I have to do the whole Six Updater thing? I have ACE and all of the other parts of it, ACRE, JSRS and the SThud. And if you guys are using Emita again I have that too.

Edited:

Oh shit you guys use the beta I have no idea how to use that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #5580
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,422 Posts
    Just use Six Updater and join via ACE on it, it will download and start the beta for you.

21. Post #5581
    December 2009
    13,332 Posts
    Ok yeah I figured it out. I'm in the teamspeak right now.

Edited:

Maybe I'll play with you guys another time, my internet shit the bed and the beta took way too long to download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #5582
    August 2010
    6,172 Posts
    Just use Six Updater and join via ACE on it, it will download and start the beta for you.
    Except when it gives me the damn GUID Mismatch error on some of the mods, causing them to not update.
    asd what is this error even

23. Post #5583
    November 2007
    2,422 Posts
    I have the server in the Six Updater list, now what do I do?

24. Post #5584
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    What's "Wasteland"? If it's something that can be compared to DayZ but can be hosted locally, I want to try it.

Edited:

I've been playing ARMA 2 for several years now and I only just found out that you can bring up the mini-map but pressing RCtrl + M.

WHY HAVEN'T ANYONE TOLD ME THAT BEFORE?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #5585
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,201 Posts
    What's "Wasteland"? If it's something that can be compared to DayZ but can be hosted locally, I want to try it.

Edited:

I've been playing ARMA 2 for several years now and I only just found out that you can bring up the mini-map but pressing RCtrl + M.

WHY HAVEN'T ANYONE TOLD ME THAT BEFORE?!
    Only works if you have a GPS with you and you're not looking through a gun sight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

26. Post #5586
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Only works if you have a GPS with you and you're not looking through a gun sight.
    You almost always have a GPS with you and it's fucking amazing for getting around cities without hitting M all the time.

27. Post #5587
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,133 Posts
    oh my god
    I just played escape chenarus with 5 other people. we felt badass

28. Post #5588
    Except when it gives me the damn GUID Mismatch error on some of the mods, causing them to not update.
    asd what is this error even
    Remove all the .rsync folders inside the addon folders then convert them to "six updater" addons in the updater menu, should work.

It's because armarize uses a different system for syncing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

29. Post #5589
    June 2007
    2,820 Posts
    Icebreaker said that he maybe releasing his Aliens Mod this week.
    Source:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2174191

There is going to be so many Battle LA, Skyline, Independence Day, War of the Worlds, X Files and Falling Skies(DayZ with Aliens) based missions, it's going to be funny.

Wonder if ShackTactical will do a mission with the Addon if it releases since they sometimes do missions with Zombies. Neverless I am excited for this, it's about time we get a good Sci-Fi mod outside of Mechs and I missed messing around with the UFO and Alien mod in ARMA I.

30. Post #5590
    Icebreaker said that he maybe releasing his Aliens Mod this week.
    Source:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2174191

There is going to be so many Battle LA, Skyline, Independence Day, War of the Worlds, X Files and Falling Skies(DayZ with Aliens) based missions, it's going to be funny.

Wonder if ShackTactical will do a mission with the Addon if it releases since they sometimes do missions with Zombies. Neverless I am excited for this, it's about time we get a good Sci-Fi mod outside of Mechs and I missed messing around with the UFO and Alien mod in ARMA I.
    Sweet

31. Post #5591
    June 2007
    2,820 Posts
    Forgot to mention this in my previous post, but the Lost Brothers Team is preparing to release the first version of their IDF Units:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2169941

So this is going to be a exciting week for the ARMA Community, at least for those who care for the mods at least.

Also, Raven released his mid-air refueling module:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...Fuel)-released
    And Icewindo has revived his Crusades/Medieval Mod:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2166180

32. Post #5592
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,083 Posts
    Nice.

Also I just looked at his maps link and IMO Panthera and Duala would have a lot of potential for coop missions.

33. Post #5593
    June 2010
    2,153 Posts
    Right, seem to ahve got everything up and running now.

Will need to sit in with somebody to explain the full setup of ACRE to make sure it's working - initialises, but would prefer to know it's working before a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #5594
    Nice.

Also I just looked at his maps link and IMO Panthera and Duala would have a lot of potential for coop missions.
    Panthera is 50 % extremely steep hills, but it could be fun I suppose, I'll consider it but my first choice would still be getting lingor or celle2 back.

35. Post #5595
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,083 Posts
    Panthera is 50 % extremely steep hills
    But that's why it looks good to me, it's pretty much Balkan warzone simulator

36. Post #5596
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,081 Posts
    I seriously want to finish profans mission with the UN Base, for me it's incredible fun! Especially when playing with itsjustguy as leader. Sadly the mission got aborted yesterday twice after alpha squad got wiped :( hoping to play it soon again with you guys.

Also my first time on the FP server where I got the JSRS on, incredible. Firefights sound so intense.

(Dominik [FP] here)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Germany Show Events

37. Post #5597
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,434 Posts
    Right, seem to ahve got everything up and running now.

Will need to sit in with somebody to explain the full setup of ACRE to make sure it's working - initialises, but would prefer to know it's working before a game.
    get on ts and i'll show you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #5598
    I seriously want to finish profans mission with the UN Base, for me it's incredible fun! Especially when playing with itsjustguy as leader. Sadly the mission got aborted yesterday twice after alpha squad got wiped :( hoping to play it soon again with you guys.

Also my first time on the FP server where I got the JSRS on, incredible. Firefights sound so intense.

(Dominik [FP] here)
    We will, I just need to make 100 % sure that the medic supplies work and we shouldn't be dying from toe bleeds

Edited:

Not sure we would even see the enemy, or they us.

39. Post #5599
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I spent all evening yesterday, playing around with built-in mission templates, and it's lots of fun for someone who doesn't know ARMA scripting.

I wonder why no one makes more templates. ARMA has a great system for mission templates and I've checked, it is possible to make more, but I never ever seen anyone make those.

40. Post #5600
    June 2007
    2,820 Posts
    Icebreaker is making another map known as Balkania or something like that that is supposed to be based off the Balkans. So I guess waiting for that if you want a "Balkan Warzone simulator". Plus if you want the Balkans, here is a mod for you: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...ghlight=BALKAN But I should warn you that the mod is still relatively in a early state so not everything is ironed out yet and name of the factions and their units is a bit strange and may take a bit to get used to.

I download a lot of mods so I'm constantly almost up to date with the activities the ARMA Modding Community.