1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,841 Posts
    Squid got an idea for the tree farm. We should use light blue wool as ceiling to make it look like a sky, saw a it a couple of maps ago and it looked awesome!
    Aslong as we can put in really cheesey fake clouds aswell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #82
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,574 Posts

Mag and flubber know <3
    And now you know not to use it
    </3
    also orkel when are you going to finish your house :d
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,384 Posts
    Who has been changing the server time with the /settime (or whatever it is) command? It's freezing redstone.

Possibly on restart. Only affects redstone loops apparently...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #84
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,387 Posts
    Who has been changing the server time with the /settime (or whatever it is) command? It's freezing redstone.

Possibly on restart. Only affects redstone loops apparently...
    Not sure why you have any redstone loops. Besides, you can just put in a manual restart switch or something if it does lock up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    Offtopic:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,635 Posts
    It's in your junk folder for a reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    It's in your junk folder for a reason.
    That is why the pic is funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Offtopic:
    Do it!
    For Science!

Edited:

That is why the pic is funny
    Wait? So you believe it's legit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    Do it!
    For Science!

Edited:

Wait? So you believe it's legit?
    No, because it probably is spam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

10. Post #90
    Gold Member

July 2005
    2,416 Posts
    No, because it probably is spam
    "probably"? It IS spam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,635 Posts
    I'm starting an excavation site a short distance east of spawn, in the desert on the edge of the swamp.

It looks like shit, and will probably look like shit for a while as I focus on the manual labour of hauling inventories full of sand out of the pit.

If anyone needs sand, I obviously have a lot of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #92
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,387 Posts
    I'm starting an excavation site a short distance east of spawn, in the desert on the edge of the swamp.

It looks like shit, and will probably look like shit for a while as I focus on the manual labour of hauling inventories full of sand out of the pit.

If anyone needs sand, I obviously have a lot of it.
    I wouldn't mind taking a few stacks of sand off your hands, I'm going to need it for my project anyway.

How does a diamond a stack sound?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    444 Posts

I encourage anyone that wants to sell items to set up shop, I'm hoping to make this somewhat of a central marketplace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,635 Posts
    I wouldn't mind taking a few stacks of sand off your hands, I'm going to need it for my project anyway.

How does a diamond a stack sound?
    Sounds great. I'll be on tomorrow again as MaskedStranger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,841 Posts
    Does anyone want to finish the Cathedral in Cuevas? Greasypirate was building it but he hasn't been on for almost a week and I don't really want to leave it sitting there unbuilt for too long.

16. Post #96
    (Feminazi) (Queen of the Furrys) (Girl Power!) (Massive Faggot) (Queen of the Diva's) (Women's right's activist) (The Classy Lady) (Bigger, Badder, Bronyer)
    March 2010
    1,775 Posts
    and I left again for the exact same reason I specified before

and what I said came true

(And I got myself perma-banned so don't bother with your other shit)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,384 Posts
    Banned Gawsh for 1 week. He can appeal though, not beyond that. Couldn't keep his cool, got many chances and flaming mods, not listening to reason. Can't do much about it, unfortunately.

Edit:

Did seem a bit harsh, and will probably reduce it a lot. Just needs to chill out.

Edit:

Reducing it to 24 hours. Until Wednesday, midnight. GMT+0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts

I encourage anyone that wants to sell items to set up shop, I'm hoping to make this somewhat of a central marketplace.
    That's awesome :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,841 Posts

I actually really like the idea of one large central market instead of having a small one in each town.

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    444 Posts
    If needs be, I can easily extend the market too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    June 2010
    473 Posts
    I have played on servers where each seller got a pretty large shop (I'd say about 12x12) in a huge central mall. All player run, too. It was really cool, it would be a lot of work to build and maintain though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    444 Posts
    I have played on servers where each seller got a pretty large shop (I'd say about 12x12) in a huge central mall. All player run, too. It was really cool, it would be a lot of work to build and maintain though.
    If enough people are interested, and would actually have a good selection of stock, I could make a 2nd floor of the market just for that. Large enough stores to fit a couple of chests. It would create good competition between people selling the same stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

23. Post #103
    I doubt our server is big enough for something like that

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Maybe if there could be a plugin that linked all the shops to one main shop.
    For example if Squids have a shop in Cuevas he could sell the same things there as his shop in Aecor, and all he have to do is claim a chest at those towns he want a shop at and link them to his items chest which could be either one of the shops or a chest in his house.

If there is such a plugin, or if someone could make one it would be awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    Profan I hope my castle meets your standards.

I put a lot of effort into placing the cobble that somebody else had leftover.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #106
    November 2009
    9,511 Posts
    I believe Danta is referring to the malls on Turbowaffle's server... Seems to match the description fairly well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #107
    Would require signifcant amounts of efforts and resources to build it though, as well as some decent design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    June 2010
    473 Posts
    Turbo's isn't any bigger than this server, so that isn't a problem.

It would be a huge build, though.

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    444 Posts
    I figure I can triple the size of the market in short enough time. If we needed to push it, 6x the size if we double the floors.

But, this all depends on if there's even a demand for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

30. Post #110
    February 2010
    5,499 Posts
    I think we need to keep bumping the minecraftforums topic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts

Just claimed myself two small islands. I'm going to build a nice, relatively secluded mansion there.

32. Post #112
    You really can't do that

Unless you're building there within a very short timeperiod.

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    You really can't do that

Unless you're building there within a very short timeperiod.
    I intend to begin some time tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,884 Posts

Just claimed myself two small islands. I'm going to build an unstoppable corporate juggernaut there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member

July 2005
    2,416 Posts
    Here's something me and a friend have been working on;

Not much done yet but it's got all the basics. We sort of had to remove half the mountain and then make another half of a mountain because of all the construction but hey. There's still a few projects underway. And it seems like we're the only ones building in that forsaken massive ice biome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    Probably not on this map, I just haven't got the time. Wait until summer, I'm going to try to simulate the holocaust this time. Nath, you're first    and I'm honestly not sure why   

Edited:

Also, add me on battlelog if anybody here plays battlefield, I'm SonofBrimstone.
    An unexpected side effect of being busy as hell has given me just enough time to be bored occasionally, but not enough to really be committed and build disgusting minecraft business juggernauts. So, I've been playing a lot more FPS games

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,384 Posts
    I'm issuing a warning to the following people for destroying trees, torches and sand at spawn.

* Ruarai - Destroying Spawn Decoration Tree's.
    * Davictoria - Destroying random areas of sand at spawn.
    * Venturebros - Destroying several torches protecting spawn.
    * FAIL_Cakes - Destroying a lot of sand at spawn, including torches and allowing creepers to spawn.
    * DontBeSneaky - Destroying Sand around spawn.
    * Argle_Blargle - Destroying Sand and Torches around spawn.

We had spawn protection removed so players could have the freedom of contributing to spawn. I'm all for people changing blocks around spawn for the better, but if there's random holes and pitch black areas then we do have a problem, and if left unchecked it will get worse and worse.

Don't abuse it, please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,386 Posts
    I'm issuing a warning to the following people for destroying trees, torches and sand at spawn.

* Ruarai - Destroying Spawn Decoration Tree's.
    * Davictoria - Destroying random areas of sand at spawn.
    * Venturebros - Destroying several torches protecting spawn.
    * FAIL_Cakes - Destroying a lot of sand at spawn, including torches and allowing creepers to spawn.
    * DontBeSneaky - Destroying Sand around spawn.
    * Argle_Blargle - Destroying Sand and Torches around spawn.

We had spawn protection removed so players could have the freedom of contributing to spawn. I'm all for people changing blocks around spawn for the better, but if there's random holes and pitch black areas then we do have a problem, and if left unchecked it will get worse and worse.

Don't abuse it, please.
    I'm sorry. Didn't know the trees were for decoration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    May 2011
    79 Posts
    Here's something me and a friend have been working on;

Not much done yet but it's got all the basics. We sort of had to remove half the mountain and then make another half of a mountain because of all the construction but hey. There's still a few projects underway. And it seems like we're the only ones building in that forsaken massive ice biome
    I'm currently building an ice castle in that biome, whereabouts are you located?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member

July 2005
    2,416 Posts
    ~1500, 3000. If you need any resources, we can help you. Got way too much cobble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events