1. Post #841
    June 2008
    941 Posts
    so just want to say, for all the NA Club Nintendo dudes, the 3DS game card case is back.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/24002.do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #842
    ?
    January 2006
    5,174 Posts
    Was playing with some Steam friends yesterday, over a voice chat thing, so we were team.
    We all picked Honey Queen, Bumble-V, Sponge, and Flower Glider
    We were a fearsome army of bees.

And to our luck the course selector picked the SAME TRACK FOR THE SAME GUY THREE TIMES IN A ROW

Fuck you, SNES Rainbow Road.
    That happened a day or two back when me and my friend were playing online. It picked him three times in a row, and each time the map was Luigi Raceway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #843
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,544 Posts
    Just redeemed coins for PiCTOBiTS. I'll tell you guys how it goes in a few minutes

Edited:

Oh shit, this is actually pretty fucking cool.

Edited:

Damn this game kinda gets intense.

4. Post #844
    Pictobits pretty much rocks. All the Art Style games pretty much rock, for that matter, but Pictobits especially.

5. Post #845
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    193 Posts
    so just want to say, for all the NA Club Nintendo dudes, the 3DS game card case is back.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/24002.do
    Ah, sweet. I can afford it. I'm getting it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

6. Post #846
    August 2009
    652 Posts
    Going to pre-order the new kingdom hearts game tomorrow!

Still looking for people to add to my friend list too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

7. Post #847
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,473 Posts
    am i the only one who has zero intrest in kingdom hearts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

8. Post #848
    June 2008
    941 Posts
    I never played Kingdom hearts (any of them) so I don't know what to expect. I'll dl the demo when it comes out and see how it goes from there. I'm mainly pumped for Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's mansion 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #849
    October 2009
    9,455 Posts
    I never played Kingdom hearts (any of them) so I don't know what to expect. I'll dl the demo when it comes out and see how it goes from there. I'm mainly pumped for Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's mansion 2.
    I'm REALLY pumped for Animal Crossing because I know that'll keep me really occupied
    Animal Crossing is like one of those games where I never seem to get bored of it

God I can't wait for it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #850
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Just redeemed coins for PiCTOBiTS. I'll tell you guys how it goes in a few minutes

Edited:

Oh shit, this is actually pretty fucking cool.

Edited:

Damn this game kinda gets intense.
    I struggle a lot with the first level. Colorblindness is a bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

11. Post #851
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,503 Posts
    Finally am playing Mario Kart 7.

I hate it so much and yet I keep playing it.

I mean, there was so many instances in online mode where I would be in first place. Then I would get hit by the following:

-Blue Shell (and getting knocked into a pit with it)
    -Red Shell (at 4th place)
    -A starman (at 6th place)
    -Lightning bolt after receiving an item that could have redeemed me (at 8th place)

Okay, it wasn't THAT bad, but still, there was some times where I couldn't redeem myself due to horrible luck. I hate the game and yet I love it.

Kinda questionable how they got Waluigi Pinball as a stage and yet they don't have Waluigi as a playable character at all though.

The fact that you glide a lot in this game makes the lightning bolt a lot more devastating when used... I recall a match where a bunch of players were all gliding and then some person activated a lightning bolt.

We all went falling to our doom, and we were all crammed together at the beginning of the gliding area after retrieval.

It's a fun game otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

12. Post #852
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    I struggle a lot with the first level. Colorblindness is a bitch.
    I might try this game out, it seems interesting. I haven't picked my 3DS up in like a month or two.

13. Post #853
    July 2009
    2,833 Posts
    Some spin-off of Lost Planet is coming onto 3DS. It's called E.X Troopers

(contains anime styled graphics)

Edited:

Looks like Capcom hasn't announced an international release for it. Judging by it's anime styled graphics and Capcom's track record for being dogs (A lot of big Capcom games never made it outside of Japan on the 3DS/DS), I doubt it will be released outside of Japan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #854
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,924 Posts
    got Dillon's Rolling Western

not enough money during the set-up stage. pff

I still like the art style. feels very Rango-esque.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #855
    August 2009
    6,217 Posts
    in the midst of a game drought comes a CE for my next def. buy

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...tion-announced

unf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #856
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,646 Posts
    Finally am playing Mario Kart 7.

I hate it so much and yet I keep playing it.

I mean, there was so many instances in online mode where I would be in first place. Then I would get hit by the following:

-Blue Shell (and getting knocked into a pit with it)
    -Red Shell (at 4th place)
    -A starman (at 6th place)
    -Lightning bolt after receiving an item that could have redeemed me (at 8th place)

Okay, it wasn't THAT bad, but still, there was some times where I couldn't redeem myself due to horrible luck. I hate the game and yet I love it.

Kinda questionable how they got Waluigi Pinball as a stage and yet they don't have Waluigi as a playable character at all though.

The fact that you glide a lot in this game makes the lightning bolt a lot more devastating when used... I recall a match where a bunch of players were all gliding and then some person activated a lightning bolt.

We all went falling to our doom, and we were all crammed together at the beginning of the gliding area after retrieval.

It's a fun game otherwise.

That's why I prefer to play with some friends on a couch. I'm able to punch the others if they pull that shit on me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

17. Post #857
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    Holy shit guys! A guy on neogaf has posted (referring to a post about a mystery game being hyped on a Nintendo twitter feed)
    If it's the same thing I heard today, it's an announcement of a localization.

Granted, it's a localization announcement that is really appreciated, but I hope it's not just that.
    A couple of posts later, after people took guesses as to what the game was, he posted this

Then, after a reaction he said this:
    So as a complete aside, man, do you guys remember July 2011?

Several presidential candidates announced they were running, some celebrities got fired off a show, and some company ran a Facebook poll. I forget what names to attach to those things, though.
    Ace Attorney VS Professor Layton localisation? I sure hope so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #858
    July 2007
    3,373 Posts
    I wish they would localize Monster Hunter Tri, I've never gotten a chance to play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #859
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    The Rayman Origins demo is the worst port I've ever played of any game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #860
    August 2009
    652 Posts
    I'm mainly pumped for Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's mansion 2.
    I was so freaking happy when I found out about Luigi's Mansion 2. When I had my gamecube as a kid I loved that game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

21. Post #861
    July 2010
    2,530 Posts
    got Dillon's Rolling Western

not enough money during the set-up stage. pff

I still like the art style. feels very Rango-esque.
    That and colors 3D I want to get

unfortunately I can't get prepaid cards in here and I don't own a credit card either so I'm completely screwed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Mexico Show Events

22. Post #862
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,852 Posts
    The Rayman Origins demo is the worst port I've ever played of any game.
    Blurry as shit, tiny as shit...

What the hell were they thinking with this port.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #863
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,180 Posts
    That fucking racing level made me delete the demo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #864
    July 2010
    2,530 Posts
    and thats what happens when you port a game meant to be played in a 1080p widescreen to an itty bitty little screeny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #865
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    Just played the Rayman Origins demo to see what all the fuss was about, it seemed fine to me, although yeah it looks a lot smaller than on a bigger screen. I liked the 3D effect though.

Edited:

Oh god. This limbo race level.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #866
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,451 Posts
    Good fucking god, Ubisoft. Can you at least OPTIMIZE your games from console to handheld well enough before releasing them?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #867
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    It's really not that bad. Just completed that shade level, pretty fun, could have been longer.

28. Post #868
    July 2011
    559 Posts
    After playing the PC and Vita port, I have to say the quality looks pretty horrible and the crappy loading screen is a downgrade.

There's no reason to get this version over any other.

29. Post #869
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    After playing the PC and Vita port, I have to say the quality looks pretty horrible and the crappy loading screen is a downgrade.

There's no reason to get this version over any other.
    Yeah, it's definitely the worst of them all, but it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be. If you don't have a vita than 3DS is the only portable option available.

30. Post #870
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Holy shit guys! A guy on neogaf has posted (referring to a post about a mystery game being hyped on a Nintendo twitter feed)

A couple of posts later, after people took guesses as to what the game was, he posted this

Then, after a reaction he said this:

Ace Attorney VS Professor Layton localisation? I sure hope so.
    AAI2 came to mind first, actually. I'd...kind of prefer AAI2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #871
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    AAI2 came to mind first, actually. I'd...kind of prefer AAI2.
    No way! Ace Attorney VS Professor Layton is the reason I bought the 3DS, on launch, even though it wasn't (and isn't) confirmed for localisation. It would justify my purchase. AAI2 would be cool, but not special.
    Anyway, just tried out DOA demo, surprised at how good it is, as good as SSFIV3D. It did feel like there wasn't enough health for characters but that's probably down to it being a demo and thus not being able to change settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #872
    October 2009
    9,455 Posts
    Your Money or Your Life

"But maybe next time I'm here in Hyrule, we can skip the part of the tour inside the giant fish...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #873
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    Since when has Shaun the Sheep been on Nintendo Video?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #874
    July 2009
    2,833 Posts
    It's been there for ages. They release 1 minute shorts every now and then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

35. Post #875
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,258 Posts
    No way! Ace Attorney VS Professor Layton is the reason I bought the 3DS, on launch, even though it wasn't (and isn't) confirmed for localisation. It would justify my purchase. AAI2 would be cool, but not special.
    Anyway, just tried out DOA demo, surprised at how good it is, as good as SSFIV3D. It did feel like there wasn't enough health for characters but that's probably down to it being a demo and thus not being able to change settings.
    But didn't Level-5 say they were going to be porting Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton from the get-go?

I think it would be cool if they announced a translation for AAI2 because I feel like I'm missing out on a part of the story.

36. Post #876
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Objection! I really think that either way, AA VS PF would've been localized eventually. Professor Layton, to my knowledge, sells quite well in the U.S. Combine the cult of Ace Attorney to the fanbase of Professor Layton and you'd be plain stupid -not- to localize it for profits.

AAI2, on the other hand, has only one fanbase rather than two. I'd personally rather see AAI2 localized because I think it's almost guaranteed that we'd be seen AA VS PF at some point due to popular demand. AAI2 is still struggling to rally supporters (although, a petition I stumbled across had over 14k), and would need this announcement just a tad more.

I'm also just a huge fan of the Ace Attorney games and an Edgeworth fangirl so that probably contributes a bit. We are missing out on a significant chunk of the AA story and we don't even know if we'll be getting a localized AA5 yet. Seeing AAI2 would help confirm it.

37. Post #877
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,574 Posts
    Oh my god. http://dssh.atlusnet.jp/

About fucking time! I'm so excited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #878
    June 2008
    7,186 Posts
    But didn't Level-5 say they were going to be porting Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton from the get-go?

I think it would be cool if they announced a translation for AAI2 because I feel like I'm missing out on a part of the story.
    Nope, it's still not been confirmed that either Capcom or Level 5 will be localising it. As far as I know Capcom have flat out refused to do so meaning the onus is on Level 5.

39. Post #879
    I finally got around to transferring my DSiWare to my 3DS, and just realized you can't launch DSiWare from an SD card.

Seriously? That's... dumb.

40. Post #880
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    17,169 Posts
    What is it with Japanese developers not localizing things? They know the demand is there, let us give you our money damn it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)