1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Aaaaand the A-Trak remix has been leaked, check it out. It's pretty amazing, the part that comes in at 2:37 is pretty awesome

https://soundcloud.com/briceb/justic...s-a-trak-remix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Radio rip of "One Out of Two"

I seriously can't wait for this... just one more week

Edited:

or is that release date just for France/Europe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Checkit, Thomas is scoring another film starring Lindsay Lohan

http://www.nme.com/news/daft-punk/64259

Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter has scored a new short film starring Lindsay Lohan.

The movie, First Point, has been created by artist Richard Phillips and stars the US actress as a surfboarding blonde.

The film is to premiere this week at the international art fair Art Basel in Switzerland, reports Pitchfork. It features the work of surf filmmaker Taylor Steele and surfer Kassia Meador as Lohan's stunt double. You can watch a short trailer for the film below.

Daft Punk previously scored the soundtrack Tron: Legacy in 2010, which was the follow-up to 80s cult movie Tron. You can watch the video for 'Derezzed' from the Tron: Legacy soundtrack by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking.

The French dance duo are currently working on a new studio album. Paul Williams, the songwriter behind The Muppets classic 'Rainbow Connection', recently revealed he's been working on the record.

Daft Punk last released a studio album in 2005 with 'Human After All' and are thought to have spent a large chunk of the last four years working on its follow-up. Chic guitarist Nile Rodgers is also expected to feature on the album.
    Also, Ellie before the change of hair color. She looks so different yet similar at the same time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Does anybody know if there's an instrumental version of 'Too Long'?
    When I've heard it at 31:32, I thought it would sound pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    I just had a dream where I met Breakbot in a Starbucks. He invited me to come and hang out with him, and being a fan, took the offer in a heartbeat. At the place, He went up to order something, and I started walking around for some reason. I then see my friends who were all clustered in a reserved area of the coffee shop. Breakbot was still in line, so I decided to drop by them for a bit and chat. When I reached them however, they asked me to finish the last slice of pie sitting on their table because they we're going to be late for something. Reluctantly, I agreed and started eating the slice. After I completed that little favor of theirs, I couldn't find Breakbot anywhere. Then the dream ends.

Fuck worst dream ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts

DJ FALCON IS BACK BITCHES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

8. Post #248
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,267 Posts

oh my

oh jesus

ive become m.bison

i thought the other remixes were alright but this is going beyond any new music ive heard recently
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts
    that whole EP, holy hell i can't wait to pick that up in it's entirety
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    FUCK

YES

I'm thinking about pre-ordering this right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts
    I'm picking it up on vinyl for sure, that artwork is too great to not have hanging on my wall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

12. Post #252
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,406 Posts

I paused Lazy Sunday Selecta to listen to this remix. I can't give higher praise than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    798 Posts
    Possibly late but...

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Breakbot EP in two days! Who's excited?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,459 Posts
    Breakbot EP in two days! Who's excited?
    I think everyone is excited. This year has a ton of great releases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #256

17. Post #257
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,406 Posts
    Listening to "One Out Of Two" for the millionth time, I am baffled as to how Breakbot is not a fucking megastar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    So I guess the US ain't getting Breakbot's new EP today; I can't find it on iTunes

19. Post #259
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,406 Posts
    It's probably available on Beatport, have a look there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    It's probably available on Beatport, have a look there.
    Thanks bro, it's there. Can't believe I forgot about that site though

21. Post #261
    March 2010
    1,123 Posts
    New Daft Punk Album!? (Named "Renoma Street")
    http://thedafthouse.tumblr.com/
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/renoma+street

Basically we’re about to get a new album. It’s been leaked by Tsugi magazine that the track ‘Renoma Street’ is coming out on the 21st of July. For the album this song is presumably off, Daft have been collaborating with Panda Bear, Nile Rodgers, Paul Williams and Giorgio Moroder to name a few. So far Daft Punk haven’t revealed anything officially, and others have said they want a press blackout until the album is out. I think (and this is just my opinion) that it has something to do with how Human After All was leaked so early prior to release, and of course that album is so different to anything they did before it, so all their fans said it was fake. That would have sucked for them. But, on the quality of this album, for anyone whose worried they won’t like the new album, to quote Nile Rodgers: “That shit is AMAZING.”
    As if 21/7 wasn’t news enough, we now have news on a possible live Daft Punk performance.
    Daft Punk live at Freak Out! Montreux Dance Party, hosted by Nile Rodgers.
    The party is taking place as part of the Montruex Jazz Festival. Have a look at the official website for the event:
    http://www.ticketcorner.ch/tickets.html?fun=evdetail&affiliate=MJF&doc=evdeta ilb&key=741966$2175676
    “…2 VERY SPECIAL DJ’S”
    Hmm..Who could that be referring to?[/QYAs if 21/7 wasn’t news enough, we now have news on a possible live Daft Punk performance.
    Daft Punk live at Freak Out! Montreux Dance Party, hosted by Nile Rodgers.
    The party is taking place as part of the Montruex Jazz Festival. Have a look at the official website for the event:
    http://www.ticketcorner.ch/tickets.html?fun=evdetail&affiliate=MJF&doc=evdeta ilb&key=741966$2175676
    “…2 VERY SPECIAL DJ’S”
    Hmm..Who could that be referring to?

Translated:Okay everyone, prepare yourselves. We have a release date for ‘Renoma Street’. Tsugi magazine (the magazine responsible for the leaking of the Renoma Street title and existence,) editor Patrice Bardot tweeted
    “What are you doing this vacation #renomastreet”
    To which a Tsugi reader replied
    “what’s an indication of when it will be released”
    and Patrice’s reply?:
    “21/7”

There you go. The 21st of July, 2012. After 7 years, we now know when the next Daft Punk studio album is out. At least, some kind of release. Renoma Street may be a single, or a song the same name as the album.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Philippines Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    323 Posts
    Oh my god I hope that's real. My birthday is coming up soon and that would be the perfect gift.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #263
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,267 Posts
    i had a dream where i was working on a track, then breakbot came along and started helping me, then the song turned into one out of two. was pretty cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

24. Post #264
    April 2010
    2,409 Posts
    Yeah, that's DP for you, spend three years waiting for an album announcement, then all of a sudden 'Oh hey, we have a new song tomorrow.'

Edited:

[QUOTE=warneccruid;36395592]New Daft Punk Album!? (Named "Renoma Street")
    http://thedafthouse.tumblr.com/

Those '2 VERY SPECIAL DJ'S' Could also be Justice, seeing as their touring, but if Daft Punk and Justice were touring at the same time....
    Oh my god.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts

Those '2 VERY SPECIAL DJ'S' Could also be Justice, seeing as their touring, but if Daft Punk and Justice were touring at the same time....
    Oh my god.
    If that is true....

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    April 2010
    2,409 Posts
    If that is true....

It's not too late for DP to show up as surprise acts for Lollapalooza (already won 3-day passes, seeing Justice, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Black Keys, and Black Sabbath for sure.) Not sure on Madeon (he's going), originally, he was an after show act, then he had the mainstage, and it's still being shuffled around, although if it's not at the mainstages, I may not be able to catch him (the offsite/tent acts were packed last year, and shit was tight as hell packed with all those people.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    It's not too late for DP to show up as surprise acts for Lollapalooza (already won 3-day passes, seeing Justice, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Black Keys, and Black Sabbath for sure.) Not sure on Madeon (he's going), originally, he was an after show act, then he had the mainstage, and it's still being shuffled around, although if it's not at the mainstages, I may not be able to catch him (the offsite/tent acts were packed last year, and shit was tight as hell packed with all those people.)
    Their lineup is amazing this year, I wish I had the opportunity to go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    April 2010
    2,409 Posts
    Their lineup is amazing this year, I wish I had the opportunity to go
    Every year, all three days, since 07 (Which was also the first time I heard Daft Punk, and it was amazing, so was Muse.) Getting more expensive each year, glad I won tickets this year, maybe next year I wont have to rely on luck

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,120 Posts
    Holy shit, daft punk is still alive? What is the latest album (Tron Legacy doesnt count), I own Daft Club, Homework, discovery, Alive 1997, Human after All, Musique Vol. 1 1993–2005 and Alive 2007.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #270
    May 2012
    14 Posts
    That info leak better not be fake, I just peed myself.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Holy shit, daft punk is still alive? What is the latest album (Tron Legacy doesnt count), I own Daft Club, Homework, discovery, Alive 1997, Human after All, Musique Vol. 1 1993–2005 and Alive 2007.
    Alive 2007 was their last album. Yes they've done a pretty good job with keeping themselves out of the public eye for years now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

32. Post #272
    April 2010
    2,409 Posts
    Any news on the new 'Album' today? Or is it just a single? I don't care I just want more Daft Punk.

33. Post #273
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,924 Posts
    You guys are finally back to talking about Daft Punk?

holy shit

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    You guys are finally back to talking about Daft Punk?

holy shit
    Well yea.... something new pertaining to Daft Punk was just posted 2 days ago, providing us with new topics to discuss.

35. Post #275
    November 2007
    7,267 Posts
    i hope their album follows a similar journey of emotions to discovery. i hate how many albums today just seem like a compilation rather than something with meaning behind it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #276
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,406 Posts
    i hope their album follows a similar journey of emotions to discovery. i hate how many albums today just seem like a compilation rather than something with meaning behind it
    +1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Well don't forget that Thomas and Guy are like no other. I'm pretty sure working with Williams and Moroder will produce an emotion-heavy adventure, much like Discovery did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

38. Post #278
    September 2010
    1,254 Posts
    I heard about the new DP album leaks and it took me forever to find this thread. What did I miss?

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    I heard about the new DP album leaks and it took me forever to find this thread. What did I miss?
    Not much, we were just talking about it

40. Post #280
    July 2010
    985 Posts
    It seems unlikely that something will get released on July 21st without any notice. Still though, I'm very excited if something would get released, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)