1. Post #361
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    That game was an awesome four and a half hour session, thanks guys. I'm hoping my DMing was good enough to keep you interested!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,279 Posts
    I've still not decided on a class for my first character, nor have read the rules on multiclassing yet...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #363
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    I know some of these words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,455 Posts
    Here is the *edited* session log. Notable highlights include: alien prostitution, acrobatic engineers, habeus corpus, incest, grand theft auto, levitation, and bad one-liners.

http://pastebin.com/iWXStVgL
    Got bored, drew Detective Ace Fletcher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

5. Post #365
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    I've still not decided on a class for my first character, nor have read the rules on multiclassing yet...
    Roll with Fighter, it's the easiest.
    Then go whatever way you wish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Cleric is best
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #367
    August 2010
    2,416 Posts
    I still need that Warforged Enhancement list...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    I have no idea what enhancements are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,715 Posts
    That game was an awesome four and a half hour session, thanks guys. I'm hoping my DMing was good enough to keep you interested!
    Ever Dm'd before?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,520 Posts
    Cleric is best
    I see your cleric and raise you an artificer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    August 2010
    2,416 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

12. Post #372
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    Ever Dm'd before?
    Ya but it's been a while.

Surprisingly, using a webcam to broadcast the battle grid is an ample solution to using maptools. As well, anyone that was in my campaign wasn't able to initially see my character but I've finally uploaded his sheet and I'll post it as soon as myth-weavers is back online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,279 Posts
    Roll with Fighter, it's the easiest.
    Then go whatever way you wish.
    But fighters are dumb brutes with swords, I've never played a pure fighter in any RPG. I was thinking either wizard, ranger, or maybe rogue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    But fighters are dumb brutes with swords, I've never played a pure fighter in any RPG. I was thinking either wizard, ranger, or maybe rogue.
    I'm not a dumb brute!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,973 Posts
    But fighters are dumb brutes with swords.
    No, that's a Paladin you're thinking of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

16. Post #376
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Fighters are pretty much anyone who uses weapons and armour that can't cast magic and aren't a barbarian, anything from duellists and swash bucklers to honourable knights and grizzled mercenaries.

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,279 Posts
    I know, I'm just not interested in pure up-front melee classes. Maybe if it was required to balance a team I might play one but otherwise not for me, not for my first pet character.

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,973 Posts
    Cleric.

19. Post #379
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    I know, I'm just not interested in pure up-front melee classes. Maybe if it was required to balance a team I might play one but otherwise not for me, not for my first pet character.
    Try out a ranger. They get to choose between mastering archery or two-weapon fighting and are able to quickly acquire ranks in a large variety of skills. Overall, they are a very good secondary combatant.

Cleric.
    That would probably be better, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

20. Post #380
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Paladin.
    Divine magic + Fighter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    I've never played a paladin
    lawful stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,973 Posts
    I've never played a paladin
    lawful stupid
    You should play one, they are fun as hell because of that very fact.

That and "special" mounts if you know what i mean.

23. Post #383
    March 2009
    443 Posts
    Allow me to weigh in on the class argument with the hybrid Artificer/Warlord. You do damage, you heal, you buff, you give the party extra attacks. You can do no wrong. And you can do it all from the safety of 20/40 squares.

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,279 Posts
    Cleric.
    Paladin.
    Divine magic + Fighter.
    My "hardcore" Atheism extends to fictional works, I could never be able to roleplay a religious character.

Edited:

Try out a ranger. They get to choose between mastering archery or two-weapon fighting and are able to quickly acquire ranks in a large variety of skills. Overall, they are a very good secondary combatant.
    I was edging towards that as it fits my character background the best, but it just doesn't feel "complete" without being able to throw lightning at fools.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,734 Posts
    My "hardcore" Atheism extends to fictional works, I could never be able to roleplay a religious character.
    So Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian, Druid and Cleric are right out.

That only leaves you with rogue, ranger, wizard and sorcerer. Oh, and forgot bard, which is fun if you like playing a charismatic bastard.

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,279 Posts
    "I need help with finding a class to play. I'm up for anything except Fighter, Paladin, Cleric, Barbarian and Druid."

That only leaves you with rogue and ranger dude.
    Rogue, wizard, and ranger are the choices. But I think I'll settle for ranger, unless there's some way to multiclass without it being easy to nerf your character.

27. Post #387
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    That's no fun.

Sometimes it's glorious to play a Paladin completely devout to a cause.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

28. Post #388
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    That's no fun.

I'm pretty much the same as him, I find it hard to roleplay someone with beliefs that different from my own.

29. Post #389
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    I'm pretty much the same as him, I find it hard to roleplay someone with beliefs that different from my own.
    At least if you're a "hardcore" atheist you can pretend to be some radical zealot, that would be extremely fun.

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,279 Posts
    That's no fun.

It's better to watch a car crash than be in one.

Edited:

At least if you're a "hardcore" atheist you can pretend to be some radical zealot, that would be extremely fun.
    I like being a hero, not a zealot.

Besides, my character goes berzerk when she witnesses injustice, predjudice, and tryanny without a mandate from a deity.

31. Post #391
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Coincidentally, the antagonist in our campaign is trying to destroy the gods.

And I'm not really a hardcore atheist, just that I wouldn't put that level of trust in someone I can't fuck over if they fuck me over, nor would I believe in anything I don't have evidence for.

But playing a character who vehemently denies that divine magic and gods are real could be entertaining.

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,279 Posts
    Coincidentally, the antagonist in our campaign is trying to destroy the gods.

And I'm not really a hardcore atheist, just that I wouldn't put that level of trust in someone I can't fuck over if they fuck me over, nor would I believe in anything I don't have evidence for.

But playing a character who vehemently denies that divine magic and gods are real could be entertaining.
    Play a Flat-Earth Atheist type character. Blame all divine occurances on something completely ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #393
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Become a Ranger/Sorceror.
    It is my most favorite combo if you play it right. What system you playing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,279 Posts
    Become a Ranger/Sorceror.
    It is my most favorite combo if you play it right. What system you playing?
    4E, I figured it was the most newbie-friendly and widely supported. So there is a way to dual class, eh? Is a ranger/wizard (I prefer the term mage to wizard but oh well) viable? Is dual-classing hard to do well?

Perhaps I should spectate on a game before deciding my own character.

35. Post #395
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    Wingboy, if you're still in CredeSniper's group you have to get on Steam regularily and notify that you actually want to continue playing. If for whatever reason you don't notify us, we'll find someone else to fill your spot for the remainder of the game. I haven't been able to reach you once yet so I see this as the only viable option. The game is 3.5e, if anyone else is wondering.

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,973 Posts
    Thing is, in most Dungeons and Dragons campaign settings, there is actually evidence for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #397
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Thing is, in most Dungeons and Dragons campaign settings, there is actually evidence for it.
    Yeah, my characters know they exist, but they're not the all knowing, all powerful ultimate force of good that the god in Abrahamic religions is, so there isn't the "Do what I say or suffer forever." deal in effect with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,734 Posts
    Yeah, my characters know they exist, but they're not the all knowing, all powerful ultimate force of good that the god in Abrahamic religions is, so there isn't the "Do what I say or suffer forever." deal in effect with them.
    Polytheistic religions still have that, only it's more unpredictable because religions with multiple gods usually depict them as assholes.

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    11,279 Posts
    Oh, you're playing 4E.
    Ignore every bit of advice everyone has said as of yet then.
    Wait, what?

40. Post #400
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Polytheistic religions still have that, only it's more unpredictable because religions with multiple gods usually depict them as assholes.
    Yeah, but in D&D if you do anything at all, it's likely to please one god and piss off another, so you're pretty boned.

Edited:

Wait, what?
    Most of us play and were talking about 3.5th edition or pathfinder, which is based off of it.