1. Post #201
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    I think two of us are?

I abuse explosive runes and mage hand.
    What is even the legit use for mage hand? The only things I've ever used it for is theft, causing accidents and molesting people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,833 Posts
    Guys, i always wanted to try DnD. Can i play with you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Goddamnit, apparently I have a "Family Reunion/Birthday/Party/Whatever" and my parents forgot to tell me.
    So I have to reschedule the OpenRPG game to next Saturday, same time.
    Sorry, I swear to Pelor I will use the time to improve the story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #204
    March 2009
    1,108 Posts
    Goddamnit, apparently I have a "Family Reunion/Birthday/Party/Whatever" and my parents forgot to tell me.
    So I have to reschedule the OpenRPG game to next Saturday, same time.
    Sorry, I swear to Pelor I will use the time to improve the story.
    no problem, hope it goes well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,845 Posts
    Does anyone know a good supplier for miniatures? I mainly use Mage Knights figures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Oh god, if you ever played that character in my campaign, the jokes would be unbearable.

Funfact, one of my players is infact, a furry.
    D:

DO NOT WANT, ZERNOR IS FOR CASTING SWEET DIVINE SPELLS AND BEING CREEPY.

NOT FOR YIFFING.

QQ

Edited:

Does anyone know a good supplier for miniatures? I mainly use Mage Knights figures.
    Mage knight, War Games Factory if you don't mind painting your own skelletons.

A lot of people really like this on UK manufacturer but again, you have to assemble them, base them, prime them, paint them, and they're like three pounds a model or something.

Mage knight / bulk D&D off ebay is probably the best way to go.

Edited:

I think two of us are?

What is even the legit use for mage hand? The only things I've ever used it for is theft, causing accidents and molesting people.
    He uses it to carry a piece of paper with an explosive rune on it under the bad guys, then he reads it.

Boom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #207
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    Oh god, if you ever played that character in my campaign, the jokes would be unbearable.

Funfact, one of my players is infact, a furry.
    Yeah, you mean Rents? However, Turtle-unit did give off some hints during our past DH adventures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,055 Posts
    (snip)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Estonia Show Events

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    105 Posts
    Someone make a game with Gametable and add me.

10. Post #210
    August 2010
    2,419 Posts
    I need a DM for my group, we have about 5 players in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts
    Seiteki is now my favorite mod due to his avatar of a perfectly normal human.

I'm drawing up my school group, and forgot to write down the clothing for our dwarf cleric. Give me a color theme please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    Yandere Princess
    Dennab
    April 2010
    22,320 Posts
    Seiteki is now my favorite mod due to his avatar of a perfectly normal human.
    I just recently got linked that by a friend and spent like three hours reading through it. Rather hilarious story.

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts
    I just recently got linked that by a friend and spent like three hours reading through it. Rather hilarious story.
    Among the best cliff hangers I've seen for a webcomic (the latest page).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Stolen from LMAO pics

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts

My schools group. I'm the goblin.

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts

My schools group. I'm the goblin.
    Dwarves hate goblins with years of racism behind them.
    Why are these two bros?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,852 Posts
    Finished a D&D session with some close friends and a Bro(consisted of a Hunter,Wizard,Priest,and Rogue, and Pet ViperHawk(Don't ask), not only did they take down a Feymire Crocodile while nearly dying in the process, the Wizard kept nailing the Rogue with spells because she kept rolling a 1(at least 4 times, we kept picking on the rogue, mostly). The Rogue was knocked unconscious twice, and was suddenly imbued with epic strength, but failed all of his rolls to land hits on the Croc. As punishment, the rest of the party agreed to starve him for a day for being the most useless in the battle(I OK'ed it, the Rogue was alright with it).

Over all, I'm slowly getting the hang of DM'ing.

18. Post #218
    September 2011
    5,394 Posts
    Why are these two bros?
    Too drunk to tell the difference?

A'ight, is anyone open for a group for me? I'd like to get into this as well.

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts
    Why are these two bros?
    Uhh, I didn't know that, and neither does he.
    We're short bros.

http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=maptool
    Putting that here for future ease of use.

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Hey guys, we know you really want to get into it but we have a shortage of DMs at the moment, you can try other communities to try and get your gateway sessions, I'll look into preparing something but no promises. I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY busy.

If I do something, my reading week is coming up soon--so I might run something then, it would be evening Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 20-24

maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #221
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Hey guys, we know you really want to get into it but we have a shortage of DMs at the moment, you can try other communities to try and get your gateway sessions, I'll look into preparing something but no promises. I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY busy.

If I do something, my reading week is coming up soon--so I might run something then, it would be evening Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 20-24

maybe.
    The problem is most people think DM'ing is boring, yet if you play it well it can be fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #222
    March 2009
    1,108 Posts
    The problem is most people think DM'ing is boring, yet if you play it well it can be fun.
    Id always wanted to DM, creating you own story and sharing it with the players just sounds fun

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,980 Posts
    Id always wanted to DM, creating you own story and sharing it with the players just sounds fun
    It is, now do it.

I think two of us are?
    Well, shit, now i have to write some furry jokes in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #224
    March 2009
    1,108 Posts
    It is, now do it.
    Time to read up on Dming then, off to the 3.5 books!

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    No. The problem is DMing is literally 1000x more work than playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

26. Post #226
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    It's very demanding and, understandably, a lot of people are thrown off by the amount of work that's required for a DM to operate properly. It's a shame, but not a necessarily unusual one.

Though, depending on the person, the work is probably more enjoyable than playing alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    It's very rewarding work, though.

Edited:

It's very similar to writing an epic series of novels - Terrificly hard work, requires a colossal effort and vast amounts of experience to do well, and yet the end result will be absolutely beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    It's very rewarding work, though.

Edited:

It's very similar to writing an epic series of novels - Terrificly hard work, requires a colossal effort and vast amounts of experience to do well, and yet the end result will be absolutely beautiful.
    I just don't have the TIME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #229
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    Like I said to credesniper over steam chat earlier, I'd be willing to DM for you guys but I've to get my books from my brother-in-law today.

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,980 Posts
    This is usually true, however, in the last campaign i DM'ed, not the one i am DM'ing now mind you, i think i spent about one hour every week preparing, so most of the time, i just pulled things straight from my ass.
    And it actually worked pretty damn well most of the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,504 Posts
    We started up new characters last week. I made a Drow Avenger, it's pretty cool.

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    i'd totally be up for a game of 4e if anyone's running one. i know exactly what character to roll up too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    I don't mind DMing in real life, it's the fuckshit tools that you need to know how to use online that bother me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,980 Posts
    I don't mind DMing in real life, it's the fuckshit tools that you need to know how to use online that bother me.
    They do take quite a while to get used to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    Reason why I liked OpenRPG more than MapTools, since you can just draw shit in and then drag and drop some image files and you have your board and your tokens. Too bad it kept crashing with some of my players, but worked perfectly for me and some other player(s).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,980 Posts
    Reason why I liked OpenRPG more than MapTools, since you can just draw shit in and then drag and drop some image files and you have your board and your tokens. Too bad it kept crashing with some of my players, but worked perfectly for me and some other player(s).
    You can do that in MapTools.

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    No, there's a load of bullshit lighting effects, day/night stuff, usually players are seeing too much or not seeing anything at all, the textures look like shit and it's really unstable (for me, at least).

Edited:

This is my personal opinion, of course. I prefer OpenRPG because it's light and easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    Like I said to credesniper over steam chat earlier, I'd be willing to DM for you guys but I've to get my books from my brother-in-law today.
    Just got my books back along with City of Peril and Barrow of the Forgotten King which could possibly be played with some alteration.

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,980 Posts
    No, there's a load of bullshit lighting effects, day/night stuff, usually players are seeing too much or not seeing anything at all, the textures look like shit and it's really unstable (for me, at least).

Edited:

This is my personal opinion, of course. I prefer OpenRPG because it's light and easy.
    All of that can be disabled, the textures do look like shit, and it is unstable as all hell, but not as much as OpenRPG.

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,852 Posts
    I need the legit books as well.

I keep borrowing them from the local library, a permanent copy of at least the PHB and the DM book would be great.