1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts
    If you guys didn't catch it I was making a joke on how seriously you could look into the way the world works in other editions. In reference to Mmrnmhrms' post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #282
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    462 Posts
    The best way to do it, I think, is to have a large amount of skeletons in a x-dimensional space and call upon that space whenever you need a super-sonic rock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Skeletons in a large bag of holding perhaps?

Although leadership is easier.

Also: posting this again because it was the last post on the previous page and I want people to see it:
    ON THE UP SIDE:
    In april WoTC is releasing the 3 core books to 1eAD&D in new hardcover form. They're priced at $35 a book and I highly recommend them. There will be PHB, DMG and Monster Manual 1.

ALSO: Some of the profit goes towards a charity foundation in memory of Garry Gygax.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,735 Posts
    Skeletons in a large bag of holding perhaps?

Although leadership is easier.
    Bag of holding filled with skeletal pixies.

Easily stackable, and you can basically convert them into a portable railgun (accelerate rocks and all that jazz.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #285
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,090 Posts
    I was playing a session a little while ago. me and my buddy (i'm a wizard, he's an archer) encounter a mad old man. He's doddering about "The surprise" and looking us over suspiciously. My buddy decides to interrogate him. He grabs the old man on his shoulders and yells into his face to attempt to intimidate him.

The old man reaches into his pocket, pulls out a small bag, opens it, and emptys it towards my friend. Want to know what was inside?

Bees. FUCKING BEES. HE HAD A BAG FULL OF BEES WHY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,735 Posts
    I was playing a session a little while ago. me and my buddy (i'm a wizard, he's an archer) encounter a mad old man. He's doddering about "The surprise" and looking us over suspiciously. My buddy decides to interrogate him. He grabs the old man on his shoulders and yells into his face to attempt to intimidate him.

The old man reaches into his pocket, pulls out a small bag, opens it, and emptys it towards my friend. Want to know what was inside?

Bees. FUCKING BEES. HE HAD A BAG FULL OF BEES WHY
    It could've been worse, it could've been a Warforged filled with bees that poured forth either on command or when it took damage.

A pocketful of bees is even more useful then pocket sand, and that's saying something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

7. Post #287
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,090 Posts
    I forgot to mention the time my friend dropped his bag of holding into a lake.

Whoops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

8. Post #288
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,625 Posts
    I bought the starter pack and it seemed really good but I couldn't find anyone to play it with. I looked up a comic store nearby that was supposed to play it but ended up never going. Is there anyway I can play this online or over the web with some Facepunch bros able to lecture me back up to speed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #289
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    I'm not sure if the current group Credesniper is organizing is full or not but you should ask him. Though, that's the only one I know of that hasn't began yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    You can start / find an open group on /tg/ they usually play over IRC.

FP seems to prefer maptools, which is annoying as PISS because whenever I run maptools I constantly get java error popups and it's a headache.

It's still worth it though, because pathfinder is so great.

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    I forgot to mention the time my friend dropped his bag of holding into a lake.

Whoops.
    Wait.... Wouldn't that, like... Drain the lake?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,976 Posts
    Wait.... Wouldn't that, like... Drain the lake?
    If the bag was open then... yeah, pretty much would, goodbye lake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

13. Post #293
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    If the bag was open then... yeah, pretty much would, goodbye lake.
    Really though, how tightly closed can it get?

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,976 Posts
    Really though, how tightly closed can it get?
    It's magic.

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    If I opened a bag of holding in space would all the space go in

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,976 Posts
    If I opened a bag of holding in space would all the space go in
    Yes, obviously.

17. Post #297
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,749 Posts
    I read that a bag of holding can't hold endless amounts, just a lot more...
    It can store a combined weight of up to forty times its own weight
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag_of_holding
    i've never played d&d, and that's wikipedia, so i could be wrong for all i know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,976 Posts
    I read that a bag of holding can't hold endless amounts, just a lot more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag_of_holding
    i've never played d&d, and that's wikipedia, so i could be wrong for all i know.
    True, which is why a portable hole is so much more usefull in cases like this than a mere bag of holding.
    Although the best solution is to take a portable hole, and then put the bag of holding inside.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Having it closed when it fell in would be worse, depending on how the hell pressure works with interdimensional sacks if it sank it could end up bursting.

Edited:

True, which is why a portable hole is so much more usefull in cases like this than a mere bag of holding.
    Although the best solution is to take a portable hole, and then put the bag of holding inside.
    I thought that broke both of them and/or exploded?

20. Post #300
    DO YOU SLAP THE IMOUTO?YES/NO
    August 2010
    5,311 Posts
    I've just read the DnD 4e starter rules and I think I remember enough to play a game. I don't really want to go through the trouble of getting a game at my local game store though, especially since some of the guys there are pricks.

Can I play with you guys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,976 Posts
    There's probably someone who's playing a 4E campaign at the moment.

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Bags of holding come in many different sizes, how they explode is 100% dm fiat.

23. Post #303
    March 2009
    443 Posts
    I've just read the DnD 4e starter rules and I think I remember enough to play a game. I don't really want to go through the trouble of getting a game at my local game store though, especially since some of the guys there are pricks.

Can I play with you guys?
    Couldnt hurt to speak to Hjortkayre. He's currently running a level 5 game, but we've been at least a man down for most of our games.

24. Post #304
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,537 Posts
    My irl group are planning to try out some Shadowrun. I already made my character. Damn, this will be fun. She is an "stereotypical female assassin". She literally for real makes the joke/stereotype about shadowrun that you need a lot of d6s become true. Because when I snipe someone with my sniper rifle. I throw 21d6 . Sexy stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events

25. Post #305
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    So yeah, to the pocket people, I've had a bunch of shit going on involving job hunting and haven't had any time to put into actually developing my campaign.
    I actually closed the group on Steam until this is settled.

I have a generic town, a reason to investigate something, and the area (I hope) everyone would go to. That's it, not much more, not enough for me to safely start.

Edited:

I leave you with this random world map for now.

26. Post #306
    September 2007
    3,255 Posts
    I would like to play this but I have no books and acquiring books is somewhat unfeasible, are there any openly available ways to play?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Yoink, stealing your worldmap for my nefarious plots

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,976 Posts
    I would like to play this but I have no books and acquiring books is somewhat unfeasible, are there any openly available ways to play?
    The System Reference Document should work just fine if you are planning to play either 3.5E or Pathfinder.

29. Post #309
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    So yeah, to the pocket people, I've had a bunch of shit going on involving job hunting and haven't had any time to put into actually developing my campaign.
    I actually closed the group on Steam until this is settled.

I have a generic town, a reason to investigate something, and the area (I hope) everyone would go to. That's it, not much more, not enough for me to safely start.

Edited:

I'm already hosting a Pocket campaign this Saturday and YOU are NOT invited.

Except if you post your ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #310
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    If you're a part of CredeSniper's campaign group I need you to add me to Steam so we can go over some game-critical details. Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

31. Post #311
    September 2008
    1,663 Posts
    Are there any casual pathfinder games I can hop on into?
    Preferrably on irc.

32. Post #312
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    I'm already hosting a Pocket campaign this Saturday and YOU are NOT invited.

Except if you post your ass.
    I was talking about the group more focused around playing with the Legend rules for a short campaign.
    And I've already got one group on Friday.

Edited:

Yoink, stealing your worldmap for my nefarious plots
    I just took a Dwarf Fortress world map in ASCII mode, cut all the black out and shrunk it down so each tile was 1 pixel, then recolored and stretched up 200% from the small size.
    Oh, and I used some lighter/darker brushes so the whole world didn't look so bland and flat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts
    My school group almost lost today. We're also all really bad at riddles, but not all of us made the connection we were supposed too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    March 2009
    443 Posts
    I just finished my 2nd session with my new weekly group.

A sleep spell (errata'd to be a charm) caused the BBEG and his minions to fall asleep, where we proceeded to coup-de-grace them. and crit fail. several times.

I'm loving my hybrid character. I go first almost every time, buff allies, grant temp hp, slide em everywhere then give them extra attacks. In the first turn. Our DM is now throwing harder monsters at us.

Loving it.

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts

I just took a Dwarf Fortress world map in ASCII mode, cut all the black out and shrunk it down so each tile was 1 pixel, then recolored and stretched up 200% from the small size.
    Oh, and I used some lighter/darker brushes so the whole world didn't look so bland and flat.
    I'll have to try that when I'm not doing too much work

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,652 Posts
    Hey, first time posting in this thread.
    My friend (DM) started a tenth level campaign last week. Near the end of this first adventure (We were sent as a strike team to kill a mind flayer. Right during the final battle, Zinth, an NPC 'friend', turned on us and joined the fight against us. My friend, the ranger, already fighting a few drows, let an arrow his way. He rolled a 20, great, roll again. He got a second twenty. We are going by the rules that three twenties equals instant death, and he made it! First time I saw that happen.

37. Post #317
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    I'll have to try that when I'm not doing too much work
    I kind of like designing maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    That would not be a pretty sight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts
    4:17 PM - CredeSniper: So our group of four after escaping their inital prison wander across a snow barren field. The cold being two much for three of the four, seek shelter in a cave. Finding the tracks they were following earlier, tracks that were hidden by the snow, reveal themselves once more going to the right. They procede with caution, only to stop after hearing the screech of something large and irregular. The cleric warns them "Laddies, we shouldn't go this way, it doesn't feel right." Henry, the goblin that had joined them couldn't understand the clerics accent and went foward weapon drawn. Suddenly he was attacked from above! The white, spider like creature fell down, but a quick reaction saved him a grim fate, as he raised his shield to deflect the strike. The other still at the mouth of the tunnel heard the large thump, and second screech. Caution now behind them they rushed foward to help their little friend. Blows were exchanged between the goblin and this spider like creature, he lost his shield as the creature struck again. Kira, the fighter was first to get close enough to see through the darkness. Charging into the skirmish, with a mightly blow, he struck deeply with his greatsword into the beasts abdomen, and it fell. The high elf and the cleric came forward, seeing the reamins. They moved on, now interested into what they could find. Suddenly the fighter trips! He decends into a cavern so deep darkness covered the bottom. Still they went on. Slowly a new sound was heard, the quiet chanting of a robed figure. As they approached the cleric felt unease, detected an unholy magic within this new room.
    4:18 PM - ***mad [h+]: disgonbgud.gif
    4:21 PM - CredeSniper: The goblin lept! Striking this figure in the back, crippling him and silencing him forever. They searched him, and the room only to find nothing. A slow moan of stone sliding upon stone was heard, and the small ridge connecting the entrance to his room was shortened. Both the cleric and the goblin signalled for their high elf ranger to step back. First the goblin. He attempted to jump across, only to fall short. Weapon banging againt the edge where his feet should have landed, he decended intot he darkness. No vocal sound was made, only the thump as he hit the bottom. For several minutes the cleric and ranger shouted, only to get no response. Now it was the clerics turn. Taking caution with his jump, he too fell short. His shout echo'd as he fell, and then silence. The high elf was stunned, her three companions had fallen into this hole. She had awoke with them less than a day ago in a prison, and with their help had escaped. She couldn't leave them behind. Walking back to the entrance with hope, she went down the right path.
    4:25 PM - CredeSniper: As she walked, her hawk lazily glided behind her, swooping down to rest at her feet as they both gazed frontward. What they saw was blue and translucent, neither had seen such a thing before. She urged her hawk to see what it was. Foolishly the hawk took off, and licked this blue wall. Quickly he was sucked into it, and the bond the two shared grew dim. The hawk was still. The high elf was now alone to a greater degree. The potions! They had found three earlier, along with a poem written upon the wall. One potion was green, one blue, one clear. The poem read
    "Opaque to make, this one shall take. Flush as flower, this shall devour. Like sky this be, a key you'll recieve."
    She couldn't connect the poem to the potions, and with hope growing dim she drank the green one. Posion. She fell to the ground, and took her last breath.
    4:25 PM - CredeSniper: /end
    Was chatting with imadaman and he wouldn't accepted my story without details, so I wrote this up. Thought I would share it.

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I kind of like designing maps.
    What software do you use? I designed a lot of maps on grid paper in the olden days