1. Post #921
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    hi

Thanks for dumb rating, horsedrowner! How could I don't use hipsterish desktop background and ultra-mega-360-noscope-rainmeter? How can I have ponies on BG? Zomg zomg zomg, heretic!
    A sense of design? They MUST be a hipster! Seriously, I have absolutely no hatred for people who watch MLP, but that desktop, regardless of wallpaper subject, looks like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

2. Post #922
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    hi

-brony trash-

Thanks for dumb rating, horsedrowner! How could I don't use hipsterish desktop background and ultra-mega-360-noscope-rainmeter? How can I have ponies on BG? Zomg zomg zomg, heretic!
    That's not even a well made desktop.

That's fucking Windows XP bliss with ponies crudely cut-pasted onto it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #923
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    with the pink one on a plain white background or some sort of pink rising sun type pattern it wouldn't look too bad. That doesn't solve the issue of subject matter but at least it would be more aesthetically pleasing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #924
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,512 Posts
    Hey guys guys guess what. Guess what guys. Guys. It's his computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #925
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,135 Posts
    guess what, he posted on a public forum

and guess what, it's opinions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 9Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #926
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,555 Posts
    guess what

kill yourselves. all of you. nobody cares about this stupid desktop bullshit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16 (list)

7. Post #927
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    guess what

It's not that. It's more that someone called him dumb which caused him to throw a hissy fit and claim he didn't care. It's funny.

But kudos on trying to sound like the ~cool kid~ that tells everyone to kill themselves. It makes you so ~cool and edgy~.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,737 Posts
    guess what

If you don't care about "this stupid desktop bullshit", why are you in a desktop thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #929
    q0q
    February 2012
    699 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

10. Post #930
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,613 Posts
    Remember my old ugly 4:3 monitor?

Well I got it back and decided to try it out as a second monitor (mainly to code and watch movies on).

The left one cycles various Half-Life wallpapers and the main cycles various patterns. (I'm a sucker for patterns)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    February 2010
    1,231 Posts
    I uh, I'm sorry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #932
    Karen Gillan <3
    April 2006
    3,541 Posts
    Remember my old ugly 4:3 monitor?

Well I got it back and decided to try it out as a second monitor (mainly to code and watch movies on).

The left one cycles various Half-Life wallpapers and the main cycles various patterns. (I'm a sucker for patterns)
    How do you get them to cycle independently? When I set up a slideshow it applies to both of my monitors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #933
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,613 Posts
    How do you get them to cycle independently? When I set up a slideshow it applies to both of my monitors.
    Display Fusion.

I uh, I'm sorry
    What about, the small monitor?
    That was my main monitor for like 6 years, I recently got this 24" for my birthday (4 months ago). Combining them is even better.
    Only bad thing is that I can't overclock anymore because amd's drivers are shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #934
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,512 Posts
    guess what, he posted on a public forum

and guess what, it's opinions
    It just seems like you guys sort of command people to change their desktops. Rather than being reasonable about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #935
    Caragolpe
    but his desktop is indeed pure shit.
    design-wise is horrible.

Edited:

it could only be worse if the wallpaper was a planet with 999 layers of useless photoshop effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete

16. Post #936
    May 2011
    499 Posts
    Can't theme the start orb, so I guess I'll have to kill it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #937
    December 2007
    833 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #938
    April 2011
    266 Posts

[sub]Portal2 ARG Memories...[/sub]

Edit:
    Theme: Amana[sup]2[/sup] [link]
    Wallpaper: Subtle Patterns [link]
    Rainmeter: Vark [link] , Simple [link]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #939
    July 2010
    5,153 Posts

I'm not a too-fancy person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #940
    q0q
    February 2012
    699 Posts

If you changed the rainmeter font to match the system font I would applaud you on being one of the first people to use rainmeter effectively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #941
    mrawr~
    November 2009
    3,632 Posts

make that shit even   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

22. Post #942
    April 2011
    266 Posts
    If you changed the rainmeter font to match the system font I would applaud you on being one of the first people to use rainmeter effectively.
    Thanks for the suggestion - I've just tried it and 'Calibri' doesn't look as good uppercase at that size - so I'll scale it down a bit. It'll take some time getting used to but thanks anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #943
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,511 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion - I've just tried it and 'Calibri' doesn't look as good uppercase at that size - so I'll scale it down a bit. It'll take some time getting used to but thanks anyway.
    What skin do you use for the text in the middle, if I may ask?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

24. Post #944
    April 2011
    266 Posts
    What skin do you use for the text in the middle, if I may ask?
    http://theumad.deviantart.com/art/Vark-171755624 -Hope that helps!

--
    [sub]Updated clock:[/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

25. Post #945
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,555 Posts
    If you don't care about "this stupid desktop bullshit", why are you in a desktop thread?
    That was either a misinterpretation on your part or shit wording on my part, but well played

Desktops are fine. Desktop bullshit (screaming wailing whining about who likes who's desktop) is not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #946
    Caragolpe

Name of Windows theme?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete

27. Post #947
    April 2011
    266 Posts
    Name of Windows theme?
    Theme: Amana[sup]2[/sup] [link]
    Rainmeter: Vark [link] , Simple [link]

--
    Most of what I use will be in my favorites:
    Themes: http://streetster20.deviantart.com/favourites/40927198
    Wallpapers: http://streetster20.deviantart.com/favourites/39947698
    Rainmeter: http://streetster20.deviantart.com/favourites/43147979

Posted all that since I've posted a few times already - and it saves any other questions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #948
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,466 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #949
    July 2009
    2,265 Posts

I'm not a too-fancy person
    At least ur desktop is condensed into folders.
    But the quick launch seems messy IMO...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #950
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,757 Posts
    At least ur desktop is condensed into folders.
    But the quick launch seems messy IMO...
    And the folders are to big what makes it looks pretty small, ctrl+scroll down = better in my opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #951
    Thinking of themeing this Stark Industries desktop, anyone know of any rainmeter themes/icons that goes with it?

Alternatively, I'm thinking of a IKEA theme. Anything that will go with it?

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #952
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,737 Posts
    That was either a misinterpretation on your part or shit wording on my part, but well played

Desktops are fine. Desktop bullshit (screaming wailing whining about who likes who's desktop) is not.
    Alright, fair enough. I don't mind a little discussion, although you could hardly call that a discussion.

Edited:

I really like Soft7. I've used it forever, and I couldn't stand any other themes for more than a day.

I also removed the custom start orb I always used to have; I got kinda tired of it, and applying new ones is tiresome (the program everyone uses works but is annoying and breaks shit until you reboot, and doing it manually is not really an option). And besides, I don't really mind the default.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #953
    Alright, fair enough. I don't mind a little discussion, although you could hardly call that a discussion.

Edited:

I really like Soft7. I've used it forever, and I couldn't stand any other themes for more than a day.

I also removed the custom start orb I always used to have; I got kinda tired of it, and applying new ones is tiresome (the program everyone uses works but is annoying and breaks shit until you reboot, and doing it manually is not really an option). And besides, I don't really mind the default.
    That looks really subtle, I like it. Could I have a link to that Soft7 theme?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

34. Post #954
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,737 Posts
    http://ap-graphik.deviantart.com/art...-2-0-161602097

I'm only running the theme, not using the patched explorerframe. I think themes should look good without having to patch more system files than necessary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

35. Post #955
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,511 Posts
    http://ap-graphik.deviantart.com/art...-2-0-161602097

Edited:

fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,147 Posts
    Taskbar on second screen how
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Taskbar on second screen how
    A multi-monitor program such as Ultramon or DisplayFusion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #958
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    891 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,147 Posts
    A multi-monitor program such as Ultramon or DisplayFusion
    I tried UltraMon once and it was really bad for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,511 Posts
    Thank you very much, now I have this:

It's hilarious for some reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events