1. Post #1241
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,727 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #1242
    July 2009
    680 Posts

Two monitors one above the other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #1243
    June 2010
    1,358 Posts
    What is the second wallpaper from?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #1244
    July 2009
    680 Posts
    I'm not sure, I grabbed both off of wallbase on the random section, I really wanna know too. Metro 2033, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or just plain cool artwork maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1245

Two monitors one above the other.
    Jeez man is all this really necessary?

One is typically enough for most people, I just use the bottom right one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1246
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,493 Posts
    just because I have to use XP for some games doesn't mean I have to live with XP's interface

Edited:

If I click on the clock I can use it as a run dialog, and if I had a running app you'd see it's icon in the bottom left corner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1247
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    Luna was the worst part about XP.

8. Post #1248
    October 2008
    14,493 Posts
    Luna's so bad I set the UI to Windows Classic and then ditched Explorer as a shell.

I use Emerge Desktop instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1249
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,786 Posts
    That looks pretty terrible, lavacano.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #1250
    July 2009
    2,261 Posts

So here's my wallpaper for my new phone. Razr Maxx.

Sauce

11. Post #1251
    Is that a sperm fertilizing an egg?
    I bet that other sperm there is pissed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #1252
    July 2009
    2,261 Posts
    Is that a sperm fertilizing an egg?
    I bet that other sperm there is pissed.
    Coffee, brah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1253
    June 2010
    2,438 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #1254
    Coffee, brah.
    Let me clarify; it was a joke.
    Albeit not a great one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #1255
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,332 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #1256
    click me
    February 2012
    2,069 Posts
    Main computer

Server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

17. Post #1257
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    202 Posts
    How do you make a thumb nail?

18. Post #1258
    October 2008
    14,493 Posts
    How do you make a thumb nail?
    [t][/t]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

19. Post #1259
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    202 Posts

20. Post #1260
    Er, Yeah Zero, I don't think I like that wallpaper either, but did you have to break my monitor to tell me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #1261
    DICKS
    January 2012
    2,714 Posts
    First monitor shuffles through G-mod screen shots I edited, and second surreal paintings (Mostly digital)
    Those icons auto hide.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Jersey Show Events

22. Post #1262
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    469 Posts

23. Post #1263
    Er, Yeah Zero, I don't think I like that wallpaper either, but did you have to break my monitor to tell me?
    Can someone tell me what's wrong with this?
    Are default Windows wallpapers with stuff photoshopped onto them to look cool/funny/interesting not "the thing" to do anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

24. Post #1264
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,614 Posts
    Asking why you got dumbs is a great way to get more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #1265
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    299 Posts
    My netbook. Meh.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1266
    October 2008
    14,493 Posts
    Asking why you got dumbs is a great way to get more
    well EXCUSE HER for trying to learn from her mistakes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1267
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,614 Posts
    well EXCUSE HER for trying to learn from her mistakes
    Why should she care what you all think?

Edited:

Plus, it was more of a tip. Every time I've seen someone ask why they got a bad rating on facepunch, it was met with a dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #1268
    October 2008
    14,493 Posts
    Why should she care what you all think?
    "Rate dumb and leave" is a bad thing to do, unless it's stupidly obvious what the problem is. If someone asks why something is dumb, you answer - because if they ask they obviously want to improve themselves.

Countering with "why do you care" encourages people to keep thinking in obscenely dumb trains of thought, as well as implies that you don't actually have a reason to rate dumb, you're just doing it out of spite. While that doesn't have so much of an effect if people think your desktop is bad, if someone is anti gay marriage and you do the same shit to them, you wind up with "people" like that pastor who thinks gays should all be put behind an electric fence.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Please note that I do not think Scoot's desktop is bad, personally, but the three who rated dumb apparently do.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #1269
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,614 Posts
    "Rate dumb and leave" is a bad thing to do, unless it's stupidly obvious what the problem is. If someone asks why something is dumb, you answer - because if they ask they obviously want to improve themselves.

Countering with "why do you care" encourages people to keep thinking in obscenely dumb trains of thought, as well as implies that you don't actually have a reason to rate dumb, you're just doing it out of spite. While that doesn't have so much of an effect if people think your desktop is bad, if someone is anti gay marriage and you do the same shit to them, you wind up with "people" like that pastor who thinks gays should all be put behind an electric fence.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Please note that I do not think Scoot's desktop is bad, personally, but the three who rated dumb apparently do.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
    I didn't say that she should ignore all opinions in all walks of life, just here. I see no other reason that they would have rated dumb than aesthetics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #1270
    I just want to know what the issue is. I saw someone with the old default Windows XP wallpaper with a Star Wars Imperial battle cruiser crudely pasted on it and it got no guff of any kind.

Plus I like knowing the opinions of others on something I took a few minutes of my time to set up, and clicking a little 16x16 icon is not very constructive at all. Okay, something's wrong that you don't like. Can you tell me what it is, so I can improve upon it? Maybe it'll be a suggestion I really like!
    It's the equivalent of someone going on DeviantART and commenting "this sucks/this is stupid" on someone's work and leaving, never batting another eye at it again, imo.

Edited:

I mean, no one has to say anything. If they want to take the crude way, then I'll let them. I'd just extremely prefer, if they actually spoke with typed words rather than with mouse clicks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #1271
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,724 Posts
    I just want to know what the issue is. I saw someone with the old default Windows XP wallpaper with a Star Wars Imperial battle cruiser crudely pasted on it and it got no guff of any kind.

Plus I like knowing the opinions of others on something I took a few minutes of my time to set up, and clicking a little 16x16 icon is not very constructive at all. Okay, something's wrong that you don't like. Can you tell me what it is, so I can improve upon it? Maybe it'll be a suggestion I really like!
    It's the equivalent of someone going on DeviantART and commenting "this sucks/this is stupid" on someone's work and leaving, never batting another eye at it again, imo.

Edited:

I mean, no one has to say anything. If they want to take the crude way, then I'll let them. I'd just extremely prefer, if they actually spoke with typed words rather than with mouse clicks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #1272
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts

Edited:

In my opinion, the wallpaper looked bad and made the entire desktop look terrible. Although I didn't like the XP one earlier, so I'm not quite sure what the fundamental difference is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1273
    In my opinion, the wallpaper looked bad and made the entire desktop look terrible. Although I didn't like the XP one earlier, so I'm not quite sure what the fundamental difference is.
    Yeah, okay!
    Now that wasn't so hard.

Thank you, frankly I'm getting bored of the wallpaper too. I'm gonna get a new one tomorrow because I'm tired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #1274
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,120 Posts
    this.

agreed.

35. Post #1275
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,514 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #1276
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    7,883 Posts
    How the fuck is your copy of Windows not genuine? You have an HP desktop/laptop right?

37. Post #1277
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,514 Posts
    How the fuck is your copy of Windows not genuine? You have an HP desktop/laptop right?
    I have a custom built, the HP thing is the printer :(

38. Post #1278
    May 2010
    7,883 Posts
    I have a custom built, the HP thing is the printer :(
    Rats bollocks...

39. Post #1279
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,514 Posts
    Rats bollocks...
    why?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #1280
    May 2010
    7,883 Posts
    Hope you get it sorted out though.