1. Post #1921
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,175 Posts
    It's 5 months too early for Bane
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1922
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,351 Posts
    Speaking of the Dota2 workshop, if someone here is a 3D modeller and interested in a collaboration, I've got a sword design that might work for someone like Sven or Juggernaut.
    Add me, I've got some experience (and a whole lotta unfinished projects ).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1923
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I want to get a job in game development just to make content for Steam workshop.

4. Post #1924
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,666 Posts
    I want to get a job in game development just to make content for Steam workshop.
    That doesn't require a job.
    Just the ability to model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #1925
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    I don't understand why anyone would be distressed over the fact Dota 2 will have a cosmetic system. It's a small price to pay in order for the game to be F2P and possibly no hero restrictions like LoL does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #1926
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,666 Posts

Ancient Chinese(read: Russian) Secret.

Top(Alch and Tide) fed for the first 10 minutes, AM kept going for kills when he was low instead of even trying to farm. OD was a total bro, though. Apparently it was only Tide's 6th game in the MOBA genre in general.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #1927
    October 2009
    2,320 Posts
    Because people will make stupid cosmetic items that will look ridiculous, holy shit a fed Anti Mage with a Pink Tophat and a green Moustache and a Pipe in his mouth.

Just as people said, they really need to make it strict and don't allow this kind of stuff, Valve even said that they will stick to the original TF2 style when doing cosmetic items and now look at it.

I hope Icefrog will hold a tight leash around this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

8. Post #1928
    May 2011
    3,247 Posts
    Because people will make stupid cosmetic items that will look ridiculous, holy shit a fed Anti Mage with a Pink Tophat and a green Moustache and a Pipe in his mouth.

Just as people said, they really need to make it strict and don't allow this kind of stuff, Valve even said that they will stick to the original TF2 style when doing cosmetic items and now look at it.

This is how it works:
    1st you submit shit
    then it's released to public to review
    then public may approve this or not
    if it's approved, Valve considers adding it into the game

I don't see big chances of pink-tophat antimages blinking around hitting you with plastic dildoes wearing a monocle over his camouflage facepaint
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events

9. Post #1929
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,921 Posts
    I don't see big chances of pink-tophat antimages blinking around hitting you with plastic dildoes wearing a monocle over his camouflage facepaint
    To be fair that would be the perfect look for most anti-mage players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #1930
    October 2009
    2,320 Posts
    Some of the silly stuff will eventually come I bet, knowing Valve.

11. Post #1931
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,666 Posts
    Some of the silly stuff will eventually come I bet, knowing Valve.
    Yeah, but chances are you won't notice it in-game anyways, unless you actually look and try to.

12. Post #1932
    October 2009
    2,320 Posts
    Well if they add paint to the cosmetic items then it will be noticeable.

13. Post #1933
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,666 Posts
    Well if they add paint to the cosmetic items then it will be noticeable.
    Only if they make them extremely bright and colorful.

Cosmetic items, like hats and masks, work just fine in TF2, right? They probably will in Dota, too.
    Stop making assumptions. You have no way of knowing what exactly Valve is planning to do, so just shut the fuck up until they actually implement the workshop.

14. Post #1934
    November 2007
    821 Posts
    Dota doesn't really have a pristine aesthetic that TF2 had, with 9 very distinct silhouettes. In Dota 2, there's 108 very different heroes out there, so already any kind of integrity is diluted with the sheer quantity of characters.

15. Post #1935
    May 2011
    3,247 Posts
    Dota doesn't really have a pristine aesthetic that TF2 had, with 9 very distinct silhouettes. In Dota 2, there's 108 very different heroes out there, so already any kind of integrity is diluted with the sheer quantity of characters.
    There are already some items in the game-files already tough.
    Juggernaut gets another mask and Kunkka can look like a pirate for examples.
    Nothing utter bullshit looks on the characters are coming anytime soon after the items are out.
    I would love to see a pimp Furion tough, would fit him somehow.

16. Post #1936
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Tophat and Monocle Sven or I feed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

17. Post #1937
    October 2009
    2,320 Posts
    Only if they make them extremely bright and colorful.

Cosmetic items, like hats and masks, work just fine in TF2, right? They probably will in Dota, too.
    Stop making assumptions. You have no way of knowing what exactly Valve is planning to do, so just shut the fuck up until they actually implement the workshop.
    Calm down all I am saying is that I hope they don't add shit that doesn't belong there.

18. Post #1938
    October 2009
    12,687 Posts
    All the hats that Tobi Wan puts on his papercraft tidehunter need to be cosmetic items for tide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

19. Post #1939
    May 2011
    3,247 Posts
    Calm down all I am saying is that I hope they don't add shit that doesn't belong there.
    TF2 is set around 60-80's and it's stated in the publishment rules that they should aim at that timeline.
    Dota2 will probably have similar thing most likely, but with the Dota2 artstyle restrictions.

20. Post #1940
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts

As much as I wouldn't like seeing silly shit like that in the game, I could honestly care less. I'll be able to play the game and enjoy it to its fullest without paying a single cent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1941
    May 2011
    3,247 Posts
    As much as I wouldn't like seeing silly shit like that in the game, I could honestly care less. I'll be able to play the game and enjoy it to its fullest without paying a single cent.
    I know I will buy some shit on my favorite heroes, without exeptions.

I wish someone makes the sound-amplifier ES totem idea.

22. Post #1942
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Yeah don't get me wrong, I'd be willing to buy some of my favorite heroes as well. But as long as we don't have to, might as well enjoy that and not let some silly cosmetics ruin it for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1943
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    I have some nice ideas for Nature's Profit models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events

24. Post #1944
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    I have some nice ideas for Nature's Profit models.
    Pimp cane, purple leopard cowboy hat with glasses and gold jewelry.

his Treants become bitches
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1945
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,006 Posts
    I don't understand why anyone would be distressed over the fact Dota 2 will have a cosmetic system. It's a small price to pay in order for the game to be F2P and possibly no hero restrictions like LoL does.
    I would rather pay full price for the game than deal with F2P players
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #1946
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,613 Posts
    I would rather pay full price for the game than deal with F2P players
    And whats the difference between normal and f2p players?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events

27. Post #1947
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,006 Posts
    People who play the game vs people who ruin it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

28. Post #1948
    October 2009
    12,687 Posts
    People who play the game vs people who ruin it
    Not a good argument. A better one would be along the lines of how F2P players try less or since there would be new F2P people all the time you would constantly be playing with bad players until a proper matchmaking system was put in. (I'm still put in with people who only have 6 wins occasionally but the rest of my team has a lot of wins *this could be due to 2 people being friends but I can't really tell.*) I'm not saying this is 100% true for everyone but I know a lot of people will just "Try DOTA 2" and do awful in a couple games without practicing and ruin several games for people then stop playing because "it's too hard."

29. Post #1949
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    People who play the game
    people who ruin it
    so you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

30. Post #1950
    June 2011
    1,212 Posts
    I'll play it and love it if its f2p or p2p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

31. Post #1951
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,656 Posts
    I am hoping and praying that there will be an option to have all the cosmetic changes not show up on your screen, or modding every custom item back to normal appearance. The game by its very nature is cluttered enough as it is, I don't need pink chronospheres and wave of terrors that turn into confetti to make it worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1952

February 2010
    1,570 Posts
    I am hoping and praying that there will be an option to have all the cosmetic changes not show up on your screen, or modding every custom item back to normal appearance. The game by its very nature is cluttered enough as it is, I don't need pink chronospheres and wave of terrors that turn into confetti to make it worse.
    Sproink!

Enchantress needs more flowers, and bigger ones too!

Profit also needs flowers :3    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #1953
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,921 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

34. Post #1954
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,918 Posts
    Not a good argument. A better one would be along the lines of how F2P players try less or since there would be new F2P people all the time you would constantly be playing with bad players until a proper matchmaking system was put in. (I'm still put in with people who only have 6 wins occasionally but the rest of my team has a lot of wins *this could be due to 2 people being friends but I can't really tell.*) I'm not saying this is 100% true for everyone but I know a lot of people will just "Try DOTA 2" and do awful in a couple games without practicing and ruin several games for people then stop playing because "it's too hard."
    So like Dota.

That was free too you know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1955
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    to quote a friend, "i hope they make it f2p so i can go into games and grief people"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #1956
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,026 Posts
    to quote a friend, "i hope they make it f2p so i can go into games and grief people"
    On the internet, assholes prevail, because there is not much you can do to punish them.

That's why you behave, to make sure others go by your example and have a nice game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

37. Post #1957
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    or you know never play online without a team of brofessionals

38. Post #1958
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,026 Posts
    or you know never play online without a team of brofessionals
    If enemy team has a griefer it's not fun either. Yes, easy game most likely, but where's the fun when cake is free to take and there are no dragons guarding it ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

39. Post #1959
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,486 Posts
    One solution: TF2 style, free-to-play people can only join custom games and matchmake with other free-to-play people, but once they buy something in the shop their account is upgraded to "premium" (which, I believe, is how they're doing it based on some stuff found in-game).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1960
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    If enemy team has a griefer it's not fun either. Yes, easy game most likely, but where's the fun when cake is free to take and there are no dragons guarding it ?
    cake is guarded by dragons in russia??

Edited:

One solution: TF2 style, free-to-play people can only join custom games and matchmake with other free-to-play people, but once they buy something in the shop their account is upgraded to "premium" (which, I believe, is how they're doing it based on some stuff found in-game).
    we dont need a massive divide in the community
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events