1. Post #1841
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,624 Posts
    About the beta-key spreading.
    For every key they send to anybody, a single Russian gets one too. It feels like this anyways.
    Also, any theories who's coming this patch into the hero roster?
    Tuskarr and Wisp
    IMO

Edited:

Based on "Cold Fusion"
    Tuskarr's the only cold-related hero left, Wisp is just a wild guess because of Tether kind of fusing you to whoever you use it on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #1842
    November 2007
    821 Posts
    Bane probably. He got a texture redesign last week. Maybe TA/PA/Gyro/Lone Druid?

The test client is coming out tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see how new heroes are factored into that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1843
    November 2009
    2,499 Posts
    None that I know of. Borderless windowed is just windowed mode that takes up your whole screen, so maybe you try to find the difference between windowed and fullscreen.
    to some people playing windowed lowers your fps and stutters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #1844
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,520 Posts
    to some people playing windowed lowers your fps and stutters
    I myself, don't have that problem at all with windowed or borderless windowed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1845
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,624 Posts
    Only issue I have with borderless windowed is that if I click anything other than the game (two screens) such as a chat, once I'm in a match I have to open and close the menu, or else the mouse won't stay locked to the game.

6. Post #1846
    September 2011
    892 Posts

I go into a game this morning wanting to play a hard carry but this guy instapicks sniper. So I opt for a semi-carry and go potm. First thing I do is politely ask for mid and heres the response. He starts "Lol-ing" and then gives me a lecture on how sniper is the best mid.

Then I see if hes even anywhere close to a decent player and I get this :

Because to his knowledge 4 slippers of agility is the best starting item build. He even buys a 5th but leaves it at the fountain.
    He continues to get raped 4 times over by a veno and then starts his core build
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1847
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,482 Posts
    How much is a Dota 2 beta key worth in USD?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

8. Post #1848
    March 2011
    1,556 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #1849
    November 2007
    821 Posts
    It looks like around $30, from the Steam trading forums. I haven't been keeping track of them too much, but I saw a lot of people trading them for Skyrim/MW3 copies a few weeks ago. Now it seems to have gone down.

If you're going to buy it, definitely don't give someone money directly. Trade a game or games through Steam trading, which is almost impossible to get scammed through unless you're an idiot.

However, I would personally wait about 14 hours, until Dota 2's update tonight. There have been rumors of open beta, with the massive server maintenance and test client released today being possible evidence. You wouldn't want to spend money and have it be wasted a few hours later! If there's nothing, though, might as well get it. Who knows when it would happen then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

10. Post #1850
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,482 Posts
    I own a key and I'm not interested in playing, should I sell it?

11. Post #1851
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,624 Posts
    Had a game where I went 1/4/9 as Dazzle and we won in about 25 minutes.

Thought it was gonna be a loss at first because we had an Axe, and Lina started to go mid at the same time as Zeus.
    But then Lina stopped and came top with me, and up'd the courier right after I bought it, as well as warding with me, and Axe was a total bro and didn't die once.

All in all it went much better than I expected.

12. Post #1852
    vui
    February 2012
    34 Posts
    Should trade it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

13. Post #1853
    January 2009
    426 Posts
    give it to me, i will give you a lot of tf2 items (literally all of mine and i have loads of things)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

14. Post #1854
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,482 Posts
    Some guy is offering me €10, is that fair?

15. Post #1855
    April 2007
    4,958 Posts
    Some guy is offering me €10, is that fair?
    10€ for your key? Lol, everyone has been asking way too much, and you are giving it for such a low price?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

16. Post #1856
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,482 Posts
    Okay, so how much would be fair then?

17. Post #1857
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    Okay, so how much would be fair then?
    30 bux or tell them to giddy off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

18. Post #1858
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,482 Posts
    Okay he agreed to €20.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #1859
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Okay he agreed to €20.
    S'Worth more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1860
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,573 Posts
    It isn't worth anything, it didn't cost anyone a penny. The only "value" it has is judged by the persons patience, especially since open beta is rumoured to be so close.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #1861
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    It isn't worth anything, it didn't cost anyone a penny. The only "value" it has is judged by the persons patience, especially since open beta is rumoured to be so close.
    Just because someone got something for free doesn't make it valueless...

There are many people that come across things worth thousands of dollars at garage sales and shit, I know that's very different than this situation but you're wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #1862
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,482 Posts
    S'Worth more.
    How much more? I've checked some forums and they sell it for about €25, but I decided to be nice because the beta might become open soon.

23. Post #1863
    July 2008
    715 Posts
    It is worth as much as people make it worth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

24. Post #1864
    December 2009
    892 Posts
    Chen is really fun, but he is hard as hell to get the hang of. What is the best item build for him?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #1865
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    I always try to be nice on Dota 2.
    yeah uh that shit goes out the window pretty fast dude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1866
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    How much more? I've checked some forums and they sell it for about €25, but I decided to be nice because the beta might become open soon.
    I sold one for $28 iirc, I got another one too just an hour or so ago so I"ll probably sell it for around there again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1867
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    Tuskarr and Wisp
    IMO

Edited:

Based on "Cold Fusion"
    Tuskarr's the only cold-related hero left, Wisp is just a wild guess because of Tether kind of fusing you to whoever you use it on.
    i fucking want ymir. he was my main for the short time i played wc3 dota he owns bones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #1868
    June 2011
    1,212 Posts
    skywrath mage is cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

29. Post #1869
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,482 Posts
    I sold one for $28 iirc, I got another one too just an hour or so ago so I"ll probably sell it for around there again.
    Well that-s about €20.

30. Post #1870
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    864 Posts

I go into a game this morning wanting to play a hard carry but this guy instapicks sniper. So I opt for a semi-carry and go potm. First thing I do is politely ask for mid and heres the response. He starts "Lol-ing" and then gives me a lecture on how sniper is the best mid.

Then I see if hes even anywhere close to a decent player and I get this :

Because to his knowledge 4 slippers of agility is the best starting item build. He even buys a 5th but leaves it at the fountain.
    He continues to get raped 4 times over by a veno and then starts his core build
    I played against a Riki who went for six Power Treads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #1871
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    2,014 Posts
    Valve really needs to make a separate region for Russians.

I hate Russians.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #1872
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I never actually hated Russians and thought the bandwagon was stupid, but I really do now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #1873
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    why rhasta has planks taped to siddes of head??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #1874
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    why rhasta has planks taped to siddes of head??

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #1875
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,708 Posts
    Playing Zeus with a bad team is like shoving a cactus in your mouth

It's so damn painful and leaves a sour aftertaste

Edited:

Like how I was being ganked by NS and windrunner comes along to help me, he stuns, I pop ulti and lightning bolt and I notice that Windrunner didn't even use powershot during that whole shackle duration. I ask why and she goes "lol ur ignored"

36. Post #1876
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,972 Posts

Looks awesome.

Also expect the shop to be soon.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #1877
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,968 Posts
    I wonder if Valve will go with the same model as for TF2, as in 100% the same, where very few items are impossible to obtain with paying/trading. Though it all will be just cosmetical, so who cares actually.

Unless Nature's Profit pimp outfit, everyone has to have one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

38. Post #1878
    April 2007
    4,958 Posts
    I wonder if Valve will go with the same model as for TF2, as in 100% the same, where very few items are impossible to obtain with paying/trading. Though it all will be just cosmetical, so who cares actually.

Unless Nature's Profit pimp outfit, everyone has to have one.
    I would kill for a nature's profit outfit. Heck, a medic coat for witch doctor or a solid snake outfit for bounty hunter would be the best thing since sliced tango.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

39. Post #1879
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts

Looks awesome.

Also expect the shop to be soon.

thanks for the gigantic images

Edited:

fuckkk I realized we get an update today, please be a new hero I don't even care who, I just wanna play someone new
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

40. Post #1880
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    thanks for the gigantic images
    are you using a toaster for a monitor because they're not that big let-alone gigantic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)