1. Post #2321
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    861 Posts
    A friend and I are thinking of trying to do some amateur shoutcasting for some games we find on the Watch tab. I've always wanted to do shoutcasting, and I'm hoping I can gain a better understanding of item/hero synergies.

Would anyone be interested in hearing them when we do them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2322
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,419 Posts
    A friend and I are thinking of trying to do some amateur shoutcasting for some games we find on the Watch tab. I've always wanted to do shoutcasting, and I'm hoping I can gain a better understanding of item/hero synergies.

Would anyone be interested in hearing them when we do them?
    I could probably listen to them for a little. I like listening to people talk for some reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #2323
    January 2012
    941 Posts

Dota 2 is the best suitable game for me and my time. I usually have 1 hour after i come to home, that is my free time, and i play a round of dota in it. Its actually pretty fun, and you never get boring
    Also second time playing void and someone called me "nice ulti void" woot

Edited:

Also is my build good?

4. Post #2324
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    I was thinking of doing player behaviour analysis. Why people act as they do in games, why they pick, why they respond in particular ways and, of course, game analysys itself (it's fun, even in private).

While I think I've got the will and time, my microphone quality is just below "first timer youtube kid". It's MK1 Fatality headset microphone, anyone got any tips on getting stand-alone good microphone ? Brands, price ranges?

Edited:

Dota 2 is the best suitable game for me and my time. I usually have 1 hour after i come to home, that is my free time, and i play a round of dota in it. Its actually pretty fun, and you never get boring

Edited:

Also is my build good?
    You've got to work on those last-hits man. Void wants last-hits so bad, he went blind and bald for them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #2325
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts

Edited:

Also is my build good?
    42 last hits in 30 minutes... yeah what Tokagero said.

Edited:

Ugh, my dota is gone from my library.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #2326
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,541 Posts

Edited:

Also is my build good?
    Based on your score, you didn't contribute anything to your team and got carried hard. As for the build, i usually build poor man's shield, MoM, battle fury, with luxury items being BKB, butterfly, deadalus, and MKB.

Edited:

Who watched Navi vs Eg game yesterday? They picked vengeful spirit as a hard carry (i know dendi was taking a dump on them with invoker but still) and built sange and yasha on crystal maiden?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #2327
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    42 last hits in 30 minutes... yeah what Tokagero said.

Edited:

Ugh, my dota is gone from my library.
    Did you happen to have been reported ?

I say check your e-mail, enough reports can cause beta privelages revocation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2328
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    What the fuck?

I just got queued against aciD (spuf moderator), after we won I checked his dota profile

He's level 5, how the hell does he gain exp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

9. Post #2329
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,541 Posts
    I can't really think of an agi hero that benefits from an Ethereal Blade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #2330
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    -nevermind-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

11. Post #2331
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts

I already checked, nothing there. I have another copy I got from it I could use but I would rather not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #2332
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,541 Posts
    What the fuck?

I just got queued against aciD (spuf moderator), after we won I checked his dota profile

At beginning of beta (when waves of invites weren't being sent out) people could gain levels and exp.

13. Post #2333
    September 2011
    892 Posts
    What the fuck?

Some people are able to gain xp, these people got the beta key in a specified period of time, I'm pretty sure it was early on. Purge gains xp I believe and so does Tobi(?)

14. Post #2334
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,541 Posts
    riki or anyone playing against warlock?
    Uh, but warlock doesn't autoattack and ethereal blade would boost his magic damage...?

Edited:

Some people are able to gain xp, these people got the beta key in a specified period of time, I'm pretty sure it was early on. Purge gains xp I believe and so does Tobi(?)
    Nobody gains xp anymore.

15. Post #2335
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    oh right

I got names mixed with that other blade that lets you purge summons

VV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

16. Post #2336
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    Morphling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

17. Post #2337
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    morph
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #2338
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,496 Posts
    What the fuck?

A bunch of the early guys got xp, I believe they had that system in.
    Pre-September, as that's when I got in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #2339
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,864 Posts
    Nerubian Assassin but hes yet to be added in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events

20. Post #2340
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts

oh nevermind

glubbable (lionheart) got it revoked because I called him immature on steam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #2341
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    Oh my god, and I though my clay Nevermore was good

Kill me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #2342
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    SOOOOOOoooo I just played my first game as Ursa and didn't so terribly well, ended up lik 8-14-11. Zues kept wrecking my shit in team fights.

But there was this whiny asshole who popped up first time I used my mic. Here's how it went down.

Me: (Talking to our awesome Bloodseeker, who just ganked Zues, saving me.) Thanks for the save man.
    Ahole: (Not bloodseeker, forget which pro he was) SHUT UP. No here wants hear you bitch!
    Me: Okay... (I just use tetx chat for a while after this.)

Leter on, him being a douche to me and the guy laning with me, a Dazzle. We are in a team fight and winning, last guy is getting away.

We run after him and I use my slow on him, being the lead of the pack. At this poitn i have bvlads, and over 2/3rds of my health with 2 people behind me, including "Ahole". The guy we are chasing is down to around 1/2 his health, and he says

Ahole: Don't let that bear fag get the kill!

He runs off, and the other guy follows him. I get the kill, but about 20 seconds later, his teamate comes out of the fog, stuns me and then I get hit by Zues ultimate and die.

Even later, they are defending mid from 3 of the guys, bottom is empty so me and dazzel go around the back, push ALL the way into the base, and take out the entirety of low and most of mid inside thier base. The Sand King and Zues come, and I sacrifice myself so the dazzel can get away since i'm damaged from tanking the turrets and i got initiated by the sandking. Daz is running back-

Ahole: WHERE IS THE JEW DAZZEL? So fucking useless.

Final score, We lose at 55 minutes. he went 3-10-7 with half my last hits and still using STARTER/CORE items we I have 3 of my situationals.

Reported him. REPORTED HIM SO HARD. He claimed he was going to report me for intentional feeding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #2343
    September 2011
    892 Posts
    oh nevermind

Wait who are you then? I seriously though you were glubbable

24. Post #2344
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Do you guys think I could still be eligible to get an invite from using the survey? I had it in my library at one point so I'm not sure if I will get one. :/
    Wait who are you then? I seriously though you were glubbable
    cat

25. Post #2345
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,541 Posts
    oh nevermind

That alone couldn't have been the reason. You can only get banned from dota2 if you're super abusive and get reported shit load times:

random dude on dev forums posted:
    there is no dota2 in my steam library

where is it ?
    EricTams posted:
    I looked at all the reports against you - It took a while since there were well over 100. The rate of reports has picked up significantly with over 40 reports in the two weeks leading up to the chat mute.

I'm not sure why you wanted this looked into. You start a lot of fights with your teammates and use very insulting language. I can tell that your behavior is partially driven by wanting to win in a competitive game. I like that you are trying to win but someone making a mistake is not an excuse to abuse them or ruin the game. I can understand your point that people could abuse the report system - it's true that a few of the reports against you were not actionable - however *all* of the reports against you had merit.

There were two issues that appeared in most reports. The most common was criticizing players on your team in an insulting and nonconstructive manner. It's text abuse to spam 10 messages a minute about how your teammate is useless, should die and uninstall Dota.

The second major reason that you were reported was threatening your teammates to ruin the game if they weren't doing what you wanted. "Game is ruined I'm build Dagon" was the most common - often happening in the first 10 minutes of the game. The threats you made included warding your own jungle to prevent creep spawns, selling all your items and feeding, going AFK, telling the enemy team the position of your allies and trying to disrupt the farm from your teammates.

I generally don't like to share bad behavior like this publicly but I feel it is necessary to clear up some confusion on what counts as an actionable offense.
    - Don't spam insults at your teammates
    - Don't spam offensive language
    - Don't work against your team
    - Don't ruin games with exploits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

26. Post #2346
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,496 Posts
    Do you guys think I could still be eligible to get an invite from using the survey? I had it in my library at one point so I'm not sure if I will get one. :/
    cat
    So what did you do?

27. Post #2347

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    That alone couldn't have been the reason. You can only get banned from dota2 if you're super abusive and get reported shit load times:
    This is what I was trying to tell you Beezle in steam chat.
    You might get your access back in due time and I'm sure you will upon release. No one from Valve would ever remove your dota access based on one incident, no matter who is involved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #2348
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    This is what I was trying to tell you Beezle in steam chat.
    You might get your access back in due time and I'm sure you will upon release. No one from Valve would ever remove your dota access based on one incident, no matter who is involved.
    "I have bigger things to deal with than an asshole like you k bye"

29. Post #2349

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    "I have bigger things to deal with than an asshole like you k bye"
    Not cooperating with me and simply calling Glub "corrupt" doesn't help your case.

If you REALLY think someone is corrupt, then target Valve.

30. Post #2350
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Not cooperating with me and simply calling Glub "corrupt" doesn't help your case.

If you REALLY think someone is corrupt, then target Valve.
    Yeah, the day after some schmuck from STS is threatening to "do something special" to me I lose my dota privelleges is just a coincidence right?

Oh and it's just a coincidence as well that all three of you are in STS.

31. Post #2351
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,941 Posts
    Do we really need to have a drama fight because of this? :l
    I thought we already resolved this in private.

32. Post #2352
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,895 Posts
    if sts really is the cause for beezle's beta access being revoked then no this shouldn't be private.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2353
    April 2009
    8,419 Posts
    What should I build on natures profit? I have absolutely no idea because the top guide says dagon and I don't trust dagons.

34. Post #2354
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    What should I build on natures profit? I have absolutely no idea because the top guide says dagon and I don't trust dagons.
    Deso and Scythe off the top of my head.

35. Post #2355
    April 2009
    8,419 Posts
    Also, I can't stop calling him profit. I think it got etched into my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #2356

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    Yes because the admin at STS (who doesn't even control the flow of DOTA invites) obviously wants to take away your DOTA account based on one specific incident.

I'm not going to argue that what happened between you and Glub didn't lead you to losing your account. But, to think that this one specific incident made you lose your account is wrong. The Valve staff isn't going to pander to the STS mods based on their whims. If they did, none of us would have to "work" for the DOTA 2 beta and we'd actually have the Pirate language out by now.

More importantly the context of what happened - you being an asshole to a new player - leaves me with little sympathy for whatever happened with you. That behavior is exactly what we want out of the group and also out of the game.

37. Post #2357
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,941 Posts
    if sts really is the cause for beezle's beta access being revoked then no this shouldn't be private.
    It isn't, we just happen to be members so he's escape goating. Aydin quoted that Valve wouldn't revoke Dota 2 because of one or two people complaining, has to take several acts of bad behaviour and reports.

38. Post #2358
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,920 Posts
    Yeah, the day after some schmuck from STS is threatening to "do something special" to me I lose my dota privelleges is just a coincidence right?

Oh and it's just a coincidence as well that all three of you are in STS.
    So wait, you made some sts kid so mad he pulled the, "my dad works and valve" card? Or was it more of a, "okay you're hacked kid, say goodbye to your account"?

39. Post #2359
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,895 Posts
    Deso and Scythe off the top of my head.
    no.

did you not read my earlier tip on deso/mkb/daed???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #2360
    September 2011
    892 Posts
    If you manage to get farm well and get a dagon moderately fast, I'd say go for it. Seriously I don;t see the hate towards Dagon. Yeah it might suck late game but an extra 300 burst damage can really help out early and even to late-mid game. Depends what role you're playing. As a semi-carry go for a manta then maybe a deso. If you want ganks get a medallion early on. I sometimes grab a maelstrom. Drum isnt bad either. And its rare but a lothars could help sometimes (although people bash on it since its common everywhere)