1. Post #3001
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    Ursa is such a bullshit hero, god damn, every match I'm in where someone's playing him he destroys everyone left and right, mid game it gets even worse, just being in the same lane is suicide.

If you can even make it to end game you can't leave spawn.
    I'm still kinda new but aren't you supposed to prevent heros like that from growing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3002
    June 2011
    8,799 Posts
    I'm still kinda new but aren't you supposed to prevent heros like that from growing?
    What is my team supposed to do, hunt Ursa down every single game and prevent him from killing creeps entirely? We don't have to do that shit with any other hero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3003
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,535 Posts
    What is my team supposed to do, hunt Ursa down every single game and prevent him from killing creeps entirely? We don't have to do that shit with any other hero.
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

am, jugg, void, spectre, morph, sf, potm, drow, sniper, riki.

are you bad or are you just new in that you're thinking like this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #3004

February 2010
    1,570 Posts
    Ursa is such a bullshit hero, god damn, every match I'm in where someone's playing him he destroys everyone left and right, mid game it gets even worse, just being in the same lane is suicide.

If you can even make it to end game you can't leave spawn.
    Not necessarily.

He does in fact, kill everything he touches, but he has no method of closing into the enemy on his own and he can only do damage with his melee attacks (Earthshock is not that hurtful when you consider it). The fact he can only be effective when he attacks physically means that you can use evasion items or accuracy drops to deter his combat ability, as well as Heaven's Halberd (which shuts off his melee attack for 3 seconds, which makes a big difference, plus you get nifty stats and evasion). You can also use slows because he needs to be in melee range to do any good, and that slow really makes a difference between saving your life or scaring him away (or if you can, kill him). You can also focus on him first so that his efforts go in vain.

What is also important is that you don't let him Rosh. Keep a watch on his inventory and see if he is building a vlads. If yes, keep a close eye on him and Rosh. The difference between him successfully roshing and not doing it really makes the difference in a game (stopping him from earning a 150-600 gold bounty, 500+ exp and the aegis). You should also try your best to deny him farm, because the last thing you need is an Ursa who can blink.

Good counters would be anyone who can shut him down with ease, like Slardar or Faceless Void.

FYI Doombringer is a counter to everyone mind you. His doom will shut down anyone it hits.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Malaysia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3005
    DO YOU SLAP THE IMOUTO?YES/NO
    August 2010
    5,307 Posts
    In my last game, Sven, the only disable on my team, disconnects half-way through when we are making a comeback. When the game ends, it counted as a loss.

I thought it didn't count as a loss if someone on your side disconnects and you lose?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

6. Post #3006
    June 2011
    8,799 Posts
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

am, jugg, void, spectre, morph, sf, potm, drow, sniper, riki.

are you bad or are you just new in that you're thinking like this?
    Yeah those heros become extremely powerful.

Late into the game, I'm seeing Ursa tear people apart sometimes even eight minutes into a match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #3007

February 2010
    1,570 Posts
    Yeah those heros become extremely powerful.

Late into the game, I'm seeing Ursa tear people apart sometimes even eight minutes into a match.
    Don't they know not to feed the bears?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #3008
    June 2011
    8,799 Posts
    Not necessarily.

He does in fact, kill everything he touches, but he has no method of closing into the enemy on his own and he can only do damage with his melee attacks (Earthshock is not that hurtful when you consider it). The fact he can only be effective when he attacks physically means that you can use evasion items or accuracy drops to deter his combat ability, as well as Heaven's Halberd (which shuts off his melee attack for 3 seconds, which makes a big difference, plus you get nifty stats and evasion). You can also use slows because he needs to be in melee range to do any good, and that slow really makes a difference between saving your life or scaring him away (or if you can, kill him). You can also focus on him first so that his efforts go in vain.

What is also important is that you don't let him Rosh. Keep a watch on his inventory and see if he is building a vlads. If yes, keep a close eye on him and Rosh. The difference between him successfully roshing and not doing it really makes the difference in a game (stopping him from earning a 150-600 gold bounty, 500+ exp and the aegis). You should also try your best to deny him farm, because the last thing you need is an Ursa who can blink.

Good counters would be anyone who can shut him down with ease, like Slardar or Faceless Void.

FYI Doombringer is a counter to everyone mind you. His doom will shut down anyone it hits.   
    Thanks for the info man, I'll keep that stuff in mind next time I see someone use him.

9. Post #3009
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,995 Posts
    In my last game, Sven, the only disable on my team, disconnects half-way through when we are making a comeback. When the game ends, it counted as a loss.

I thought it didn't count as a loss if someone on your side disconnects and you lose?
    No, you get a loss, the leaver gets an abandon and a loss and the other team gets a win. When somebody dc's you can leave without any penalties, that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #3010
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,980 Posts
    Not necessarily.

All of this and you have a Drow avatar.

Can't be much more clear than that.

Edited:

How to beat Fuzzy:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

11. Post #3011
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,995 Posts
    These latest buffs made bloodseeker fuckin op. Can't be pushed out of the lane. Bloodrage + rupture = worse than doom, at least when you're doomed, you can move. Rupture might as well be a 9 sec stun too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

12. Post #3012
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,535 Posts
    These latest buffs made bloodseeker fuckin op. Can't be pushed out of the lane. Bloodrage + rupture = worse than doom, at least when you're doomed, you can move. Rupture might as well be a 9 sec stun too.
    "op op op"
    "oh my god a hero killed me he's op"
    "pls valve this hero is op PLS NERF"

shut up.

Edited:

i know you're from league of legends but holy fuck, drop the retardation please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #3013
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    carry tp scrolls

14. Post #3014
    [img][b][color=red]Fuck this isnt HTML[/color][/b][/img]
    February 2009
    1,646 Posts
    So laning with Ursa as Windrunner, being a nice support I am and somehow him not getting any farm at all (even with me babysitting), I buy Vladimir early so we can rush Roshan fast.

The whole game I stuck to him like Glue, and he still ended up buying a Vlads for himself after me countlessly telling him to not.

Pubs are retarded.

Edited:

"op op op"
    "oh my god a hero killed me he's op"
    "pls valve this hero is op PLS NERF"

shut up.

Edited:

i know you're from league of legends but holy fuck, drop the retardation please.
    You should see the posts he makes on the Dota 2 Dev forums, even worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #3015

February 2010
    1,570 Posts
    Dude, rupture is like, nothing when you go 1 on 1 with him, and blood rage in some cases, is an advantage for you because you start doing more damage.

Stand still and you'll be fine. If he attacks you, fight back, you're screwed any way if you can't kill him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Malaysia Show Events

16. Post #3016
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,998 Posts

I pretty much love Doom Bringer now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #3017

February 2010
    1,570 Posts
    Or you can tp

Edited:

Broke my automerge -.-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Malaysia Show Events

18. Post #3018
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,412 Posts

I pretty much love Doom Bringer now.
    you didn't rush a radiance

what is this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

19. Post #3019
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,709 Posts
    how to counter blood seeker:

carry tp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events

20. Post #3020
    I like cheese...
    July 2009
    1,998 Posts
    you didn't rush a radiance

what is this
    Didn't see a need to since I had scorched earth. Plus I spent alot of money on dust to reveal brood throughout the entire game, no one else was trying to stop her from farming top.

21. Post #3021
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    how to counter blood seeker:

carry tp
    Unless he is fed and you happen to be squishy.

Also, BS coupled with anyone who has at least a ministun is rather scary. Make that Gondar for example. Invisible, ministun, bonus gold, slow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

22. Post #3022
    Hey guys, anyone here know how frequent the beta invites go out? Applied a while back but don't really know how regularly they're sending invites out? If they are at all now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #3023
    April 2011
    21 Posts
    Hey guys, anyone here know how frequent the beta invites go out? Applied a while back but don't really know how regularly they're sending invites out? If they are at all now?
    Every Thursday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #3024
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    how awful at the game do you have to be in order to consider bloodseeker OP

25. Post #3025
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    how awful at the game do you have to be in order to consider bloodseeker OP
    That's extremely rich coming from you. "HOW COME THE ENEMIES DON'T STAND STILL??? PLEASE MAKE THEM DUMBER SO I CAN KILL THEM"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3026

March 2012
    1 Posts
    bloodrage's +80% damage? Ever thought of turning around and kicking his ass? Who are you using anyway and why are you getting caught by BS alone if you're NOT someone who can kick his ass with a +80% dmg buff? Also love your dinosaur.

Edit: Can't you teleport while bloodraged?

27. Post #3027
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    tried out ursa, gotta love being a useless piece of shit and spending all your time jungling like crazy

That's extremely rich coming from you. "HOW COME THE ENEMIES DON'T STAND STILL??? PLEASE MAKE THEM DUMBER SO I CAN KILL THEM"
    and that's not rich coming from you because everything you say revolves around being an asshole
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #3028
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,795 Posts
    All of this and you have a Drow avatar.

Can't be much more clear than that.

Edited:

How to beat Fuzzy:

Drow is the hardcounter to Ursa.
    This pretty much means you need Drow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #3029
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    and that's not rich coming from you because everything you say revolves around being an asshole
    Not in the slightest, I'm a nice guy. But people who treat others poorly deserve the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3030
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,666 Posts
    Anybody with crowd control and decent burst on their team can counter Ursa. He's useless if he can't attack you or blink out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #3031
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    wtf what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #3032
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,027 Posts
    Anybody with crowd control and decent burst on their team can counter Ursa. He's useless if he can't attack you or blink out.
    There are counters to kiters as well. Eul to keep them rooted (not on Ursa of course), Shadowblade (they have to buy dust, if they don't have it works well), Force Staff + BKB (Close in, magic immune).

You people keep making it look like killing Ursa is easy stuff. Hell, killing anyone is easy stuff with burst/kiting/keeping them out of range.

Ursa is melee dominance fighter, thus he is supposed to be bursted down before he can reach his target. This is also why Ursa likes to kill Roshan so much and wasn't nerfed so that Roshan woudln't be soloable by him so early, he gets level advantage and Aegis, which allows him to suicide into enemy team and make them waste cc/nukes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

33. Post #3033
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Rhasta is more of a counter than Drow is, hard cc in general is a counter to him.

34. Post #3034
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Ward is a hardcounter to Ursa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

35. Post #3035
    Newbie Programmer
    November 2009
    1,087 Posts
    Just played with a randomed Crystal Maiden who didn't buy wards or upgrade boots. And a Drow Ranger who farmed jungle and bought 2 sets of boots. We got absolutely decimated in teamfights due to Apparition and Zeus coordiated ultis.

Worst of all is Crystal Maiden blaming everyone else, and not being in teamfights herself because "she only has 700 hp".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #3036
    June 2011
    1,212 Posts
    Ward is a hardcounter to Ursa.
    Pugna decrepify

37. Post #3037
    February 2010
    2,847 Posts
    Just played with a randomed Crystal Maiden who didn't buy wards or upgrade boots. And a Drow Ranger who farmed jungle and bought 2 sets of boots. We got absolutely decimated in teamfights due to Apparition and Zeus coordiated ultis.

Worst of all is Crystal Maiden blaming everyone else, and not being in teamfights herself because "she only has 700 hp".
    Two shoes for two feet. Oldest joke in DotA

38. Post #3038
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,795 Posts

39. Post #3039
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,519 Posts
    No, you get a loss, the leaver gets an abandon and a loss and the other team gets a win. When somebody dc's you can leave without any penalties, that's it.
    If its 4v5 before 15 minutes and you happen to win, it counts as a win and they get a loss. If it's 4v5 before 15 mins and you lose, it is an unranked match and no one gets a win or a loss. If its 4v5 after 15 minutes, either way it will be ranked.

40. Post #3040
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    477 Posts
    need key :((

do they still give out keys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)