April 2011
    834 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events

2. Post #1002
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,806 Posts
    Does anyone knows a good dawn skybox texture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #1003
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1004
    June 2009
    470 Posts
    There are some additional game perimeters I wish to use for my map, but I'm not quite sure how to add them. What exactly would I need to type in to add the commands -staticproppolys, -textureshadows and -staticproplighting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #1005
    March 2009
    564 Posts
    I want to put both the portal gun and the blue gravity gun (half-life series, not the sandbox physgun) in the same game, and in the same self-made map. Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1006
    May 2008
    240 Posts
    I want to put both the portal gun and the blue gravity gun (half-life series, not the sandbox physgun) in the same game, and in the same self-made map. Any ideas?
    I think normal half-life 2 weapons and such were disabled in portal and portal 2 at some point

you'd have to make a sourcemod or use garrysmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #1007

August 2011
    236 Posts
    Can I use the env_gunfire in counter-strike source?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Japan Show Events

8. Post #1008
    November 2011
    1,806 Posts
    I think normal half-life 2 weapons and such were disabled
    They were removed along with all Source base materials, models and sounds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #1009
    March 2009
    564 Posts
    Could I add an episode 2 fgd? Does it even have one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

10. Post #1010
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    Could I add an episode 2 fgd? Does it even have one?

HL2 is what you're looking for, in the 2009/bin folder of the SDK as far as I know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #1011
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    84 Posts
    Why are all my doors doing this?

Basically they mostly open and close correctly, but if I press a door that is currently opening/closing, it starts rotating 36090.
    I've tried putting doors without anything around it, moving its origin, creating new ones from scratch, but I can't figure this out.

However, I have seen this behaviour a few times recently in other maps, which makes me believe it's a new problem with GMod/Source and not the actual map?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

12. Post #1012
    November 2011
    1,806 Posts
    Why are all my doors doing this?

Basically they mostly open and close correctly, but if I press a door that is currently opening/closing, it starts rotating 36090.
    I've tried putting doors without anything around it, moving its origin, creating new ones from scratch, but I can't figure this out.

However, I have seen this behaviour a few times recently in other maps, which makes me believe it's a new problem with GMod/Source and not the actual map?
    It usually does this when you map for CSS, since your mapping for Gmod, its all linked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #1013
    July 2011
    406 Posts
    How could i replace for example all models(models/props/de_inferno/ClayOven.mdl) in map to models/props/de_inferno/clock01.mdl? How could i do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

14. Post #1014
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    84 Posts
    It usually does this when you map for CSS, since your mapping for Gmod, its all linked.
    Well, is it fixable and/or avoidable?

How could i replace for example all models(models/props/de_inferno/ClayOven.mdl) in map to models/props/de_inferno/clock01.mdl? How could i do that?
    Open the .vmf in your favorite text editor and s/ClayOven/clock01/.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #1015
    July 2011
    406 Posts

Thanks mate!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

16. Post #1016

March 2012
    11 Posts

It may not be the ideal solution but if you set the open direction it should prevent this from happening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #1017
    December 2007
    786 Posts
    Does anyone know if it is possible to allow hammer to save the .vmf in multiple directories at a time? I'd like to save my vmf file in dropbox, on my main drive, and my second drive.

18. Post #1018
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,523 Posts
    It does not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #1019
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,500 Posts
    Does anyone know if it is possible to allow hammer to save the .vmf in multiple directories at a time? I'd like to save my vmf file in dropbox, on my main drive, and my second drive.
    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...imultaneously/

This may float your boat. Quick Google search of "save file in multiple directories" brought that up, but I'm sure if that doesn't work you can probably find something else. This seems like a generic problem someone should have ran into and decided to cover.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #1020
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,545 Posts
    When I set an item_item_crate to spawn a npc, the npc comes out all crooked, even though the crate isn't. How can I fix this?

21. Post #1021
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    How can I increase the size of the Visgroup window on the Hammer sidebar? I saw some guy has Visgroups quite long. As you can see, I'd like to stretch it all the way down, so I can see all my Visgroups clearly, I've got a bunch.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Serbia Show Events

22. Post #1022
    October 2011
    237 Posts
    Is there a way to make good-looking, dusty rooms?
    I want to make an apartment, already abandoned for many years, sunlight shining thorugh the windows.
    I already added func_dustmotes, but func_dustcloud looks way to ugly.
    Is there another "dust-like" effect I could use?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

23. Post #1023
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    84 Posts
    It may not be the ideal solution but if you set the open direction it should prevent this from happening.
    Unfortunately the door is still rotating like crazy. If I set it to only open forwards, it will still rotate 360 backwards (as it only bug-rotates in one direction for some reason).

How can I increase the size of the Visgroup window on the Hammer sidebar?
    First drag and drop the Visgroup window outside Hammer to make a new window, and resize it to whatever size you want:

Then drag it back:

Success!
    Also I like doing this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #1024
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    That worked like a charm, thanks man! And yeah, that's a perfect setup you got, but, I'm missing an extra monitor :P Sold it away a while ago, was an oldish 19" LCD. I may buy an extra one at some point again, I'll see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

25. Post #1025
    March 2010
    1,028 Posts
    I it possible to make a sound move with an object? I want elevator music to play in an elevator i made, but I'm not sure how i make it move with the elevator. Anyone know how?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #1026
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    84 Posts
    I it possible to make a sound move with an object? I want elevator music to play in an elevator i made, but I'm not sure how i make it move with the elevator. Anyone know how?
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...eric#Keyvalues
    See "SourceEntityName".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

27. Post #1027
    March 2010
    1,028 Posts
    Thanks a lot. I'm going to test that out now.

EDIT: Awesome, it worked. Thanks!

28. Post #1028
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,545 Posts
    Manipulate

So it would be something like:
    Copy File $path\$file.vmf new\directory\$file.vmf

Of course this will only work when you compile your map.

You could also try messing with symlinks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #1029
    April 2012
    5 Posts
    I registered solely to post my problem, anyway, I have a problem compiling my map, and I can't seem to find out where it is, it has something to do with

nature/blendgrassgravel001a uses unknown detail object type coastline_redgrass02!

But it doesn't tell me where and why its a problem.

Compile log as followed (and ignore the WARNING: Too many light styles as they don't affect my map)
    ** Executing...
    ** Command: "f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox \bin\vbsp.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\counter-strike source\cstrike" "F:\Steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\m apsrc\TiB_House_v1.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Oct 25 2011)
    2 threads
    materialPath: f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
    Loading F:\Steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma psrc\TiB_House_v1.vmf
    Could not locate 'GameData' key in f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\counter-strike source\cstrike\gameinfo.txt
    fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
    ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
    ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (1)
    Processing areas...done (0)
    Building Faces...done (0)
    FixTjuncs...
    PruneNodes...
    WriteBSP...
    done (0)
    writing F:\Steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma psrc\TiB_House_v1.prt...Building visibility clusters...
    done (0)
    Creating default LDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
    skybox/militia_hdr*.vmt
    ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
    Creating default HDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
    skybox/militia_hdr*.vmt
    ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
    Finding displacement neighbors...
    Finding lightmap sample positions...
    Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
    Building Physics collision data...
    WARNING: Map using power 4 displacements, terrain physics cannot be compressed, map will need additional memory and CPU.
    done (0) (1086361 bytes)
    Placing detail props : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7..Material NATURE/BLENDGRASSGRAVEL001A uses unknown detail object type coastline_redgrass02!
    Material NATURE/BLENDGRASSGRAVEL001A uses unknown detail object type coastline_redgrass02!
    Material NATURE/BLENDGRASSGRAVEL001A uses unknown detail object type coastline_redgrass02!
    .Material NATURE/BLENDGRASSGRAVEL001A uses unknown detail object type coastline_redgrass02!
    Compacting texture/material tables...
    Reduced 983 texinfos to 574
    Reduced 49 texdatas to 43 (1261 bytes to 1005)
    Writing F:\Steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma psrc\TiB_House_v1.bsp
    4 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
    ** Command: "f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox \bin\vvis.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\counter-strike source\cstrike" "F:\Steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\m apsrc\TiB_House_v1"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Oct 25 2011)
    2 threads
    reading f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma psrc\TiB_House_v1.bsp
    reading f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma psrc\TiB_House_v1.prt
    875 portalclusters
    2795 numportals
    BasePortalVis: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (1)
    PortalFlow: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (167)
    Optimized: 674 visible clusters (0.00%)
    Total clusters visible: 139849
    Average clusters visible: 159
    Building PAS...
    Average clusters audible: 709
    visdatasize:151734 compressed from 196000
    writing f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma psrc\TiB_House_v1.bsp
    2 minutes, 49 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
    ** Command: "f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox \bin\vrad.exe"
    ** Parameters: -both -game "f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\counter-strike source\cstrike" "F:\Steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\m apsrc\TiB_House_v1"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Oct 25 2011)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
    2 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
    [1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma psrc\TiB_House_v1.bsp
    Setting up ray-trace acceleration structure... Done (0.83 seconds)
    3841 faces
    15 degenerate faces
    881096 square feet [126877880.00 square inches]
    54 Displacements
    116171 Square Feet [16728750.00 Square Inches]
    3826 patches before subdivision
    zero area child patch
    zero area child patch
    zero area child patch
    zero area child patch
    54544 patches after subdivision
    sun extent from map=0.000000
    48 direct lights
    BuildFacelights: 0
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (1.000000, -44.000000, 112.675003)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (1.000000, -60.000000, 124.675003)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (264.000031, 348.000000, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (328.000000, 215.000000, 386.140015)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (380.000000, 215.000000, 395.070007)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (380.000000, 208.000000, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (328.000000, 208.000000, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (840.000061, 215.000000, 402.140015)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (360.000000, 228.000000, 65.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (440.000000, 220.000000, 65.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (376.000000, 120.000000, 65.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (324.000000, 72.000008, 65.000000)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (316.000000, 212.000000, 65.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (8.000000, 216.000000, 65.000000)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (8.000000, -8.000000, 65.000000)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-196.000000, 128.000000, 289.000000)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-104.000000, 95.999985, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-180.000000, 144.000000, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-180.000000, 28.000000, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-88.000000, 24.000000, 297.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-372.000000, 431.999939, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-260.000000, 128.000000, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-408.000000, 416.000000, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-308.000000, 144.000000, 289.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-308.000000, 96.000000, 289.000000)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-72.000000, 232.000000, 65.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-0.420803, 248.000000, 65.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-54.608749, 215.999985, 65.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-215.999985, 383.000000, 129.349991)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-248.000000, 376.000000, 65.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-215.999969, 212.000000, 65.000000)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-144.000000, -63.000000, 322.140015)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-92.000000, -63.000000, 301.070007)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-92.000000, -63.000000, 308.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-92.000000, -63.000000, 317.070007)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-64.000000, -63.000000, 338.140015)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-28.000000, -63.000000, 338.140015)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-56.000000, -8.000000, 313.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-40.000000, -8.000000, 321.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-72.000000, -8.000000, 305.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-88.000000, -8.000000, 297.000000)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-56.000000, -28.000000, 113.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-23.999992, -36.000000, 121.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-87.994400, -52.000000, 129.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-87.994400, -68.000000, 129.000000)
    WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (1612.698364, -255.555557, 58.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (1967.238037, -429.290436, 58.000000)

WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at (-231.281494, 15.878389, 58.000000)
    .8...9...10 (17)
    BuildVisLeafs: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (12)
    transfers 2658599, max 453
    transfer lists: 20.3 megs
    GatherLight: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
    Bounce #1 added RGB(32387, 19609, 13051)
    Bounce #2 added RGB(2837, 1241, 645)
    GatherLight: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (1)
    Bounce #3 added RGB(533, 182, 71)
    Bounce #4 added RGB(137, 38, 10)
    Bounce #5 added RGB(43, 9, 2)
    Bounce #6 added RGB(15, 2, 0)
    Bounce #7 added RGB(5, 1, 0)
    Bounce #8 added RGB(2, 0, 0)
    Bounce #9 added RGB(1, 0, 0)
    Build Patch/Sample Hash Table(s).....Done<0.0351 sec>
    FinalLightFace: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (13)
    FinalLightFace Done
    0 of 0 (0% of) surface lights went in leaf ambient cubes.
    ThreadComputeLeafAmbient: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (12)
    Writing leaf ambient...done
    Ready to Finish

Object names Objects/Maxobjs Memory / Maxmem Fullness
    ------------ --------------- --------------- --------
    models 54/1024 2592/49152 ( 5.3%)
    brushes 543/8192 6516/98304 ( 6.6%)
    brushsides 4527/65536 36216/524288 ( 6.9%)
    planes 5262/65536 105240/1310720 ( 8.0%)
    vertexes 7096/65536 85152/786432 (10.8%)
    nodes 2521/65536 80672/2097152 ( 3.8%)
    texinfos 574/12288 41328/884736 ( 4.7%)
    texdata 43/2048 1376/65536 ( 2.1%)
    dispinfos 54/0 9504/0 ( 0.0%)
    disp_verts 4790/0 95800/0 ( 0.0%)
    disp_tris 7680/0 15360/0 ( 0.0%)
    disp_lmsamples 281406/0 281406/0 ( 0.0%)
    faces 3841/65536 215096/3670016 ( 5.9%)
    hdr faces 0/65536 0/3670016 ( 0.0%)
    origfaces 1922/65536 107632/3670016 ( 2.9%)
    leaves 2576/65536 82432/2097152 ( 3.9%)
    leaffaces 4166/65536 8332/131072 ( 6.4%)
    leafbrushes 1962/65536 3924/131072 ( 3.0%)
    areas 3/256 24/2048 ( 1.2%)
    surfedges 26869/512000 107476/2048000 ( 5.2%)
    edges 15181/256000 60724/1024000 ( 5.9%)
    LDR worldlights 46/8192 4048/720896 ( 0.6%)
    HDR worldlights 0/8192 0/720896 ( 0.0%)
    leafwaterdata 0/32768 0/393216 ( 0.0%)
    waterstrips 334/32768 3340/327680 ( 1.0%)
    waterverts 0/65536 0/786432 ( 0.0%)
    waterindices 5550/65536 11100/131072 ( 8.5%)
    cubemapsamples 0/1024 0/16384 ( 0.0%)
    overlays 0/512 0/180224 ( 0.0%)
    LDR lightdata [variable] 3409712/0 ( 0.0%)
    HDR lightdata [variable] 0/0 ( 0.0%)
    visdata [variable] 151734/16777216 ( 0.9%)
    entdata [variable] 242345/393216 (61.6%)
    LDR ambient table 2576/65536 10304/262144 ( 3.9%)
    HDR ambient table 2576/65536 10304/262144 ( 3.9%)
    LDR leaf ambient 7039/65536 197092/1835008 (10.7%)
    HDR leaf ambient 2576/65536 72128/1835008 ( 3.9%)
    occluders 0/0 0/0 ( 0.0%)
    occluder polygons 0/0 0/0 ( 0.0%)
    occluder vert ind 0/0 0/0 ( 0.0%)
    detail props [variable] 1/12 ( 8.3%)
    static props [variable] 1/996 ( 0.1%)
    pakfile [variable] 175047/0 ( 0.0%)
    physics [variable] 1086361/4194304 (25.9%)
    physics terrain [variable] 0/1048576 ( 0.0%)

Level flags = 0

Total triangle count: 11193
    Writing f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma psrc\TiB_House_v1.bsp
    57 seconds elapsed
    Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Oct 25 2011)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
    2 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
    [1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading f:\steam\steamapps\wapcec\sourcesdk_content\hl2\ma psrc\TiB_House_v1.bsp
    Setting up ray-trace acceleration structure... Done (0.84 seconds)
    3841 faces
    15 degenerate faces
    881096 square feet [126877880.00 square inches]
    54 Displacements
    116171 Square Feet [16728750.00 Square Inches]
    3826 patches before subdivision
    zero area child patch
    zero area child patch
    zero area child patch
    zero area child patch
    54544 patches after subdivision
    48 direct lights
    BuildFacelights: 0

(EDITED TO REMOVE WARNING: Too many light styles on a face at)

.8...9...10 (17)
    BuildVisLeafs: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (13)
    transfers 2658599, max 453
    transfer lists: 20.3 megs
    Bounce #1 added RGB(32387, 19609, 13051)
    Bounce #2 added RGB(2837, 1241, 645)
    Bounce #3 added RGB(533, 182, 71)
    Bounce #4 added RGB(137, 38, 10)
    Bounce #5 added RGB(43, 9, 2)
    Bounce #6 added RGB(15, 2, 0)
    Bounce #7 added RGB(5, 1, 0)
    Bounce #8 added RGB(2, 0, 0)
    Bounce #9 added RGB(1, 0, 0)
    Build Patch/Sample Hash Table(s).....Done<0.0373 sec>
    FinalLightFace: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (14)
    FinalLightFace Done
    0 of 0 (0% of) surface lights went in leaf ambient cubes.
    ThreadComputeLeafAmbient: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (12)
    Writing leaf ambient...done
    I cut out the "ready to finish" segment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #1030
    November 2011
    67 Posts
    Anyone know how to make jump pad like in Quake 3/Live?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

31. Post #1031
    May 2008
    240 Posts
    I registered solely to post my problem, anyway, I have a problem compiling my map, and I can't seem to find out where it is, it has something to do with

nature/blendgrassgravel001a uses unknown detail object type coastline_redgrass02!

But it doesn't tell me where and why its a problem.

Compile log as followed (and ignore the WARNING: Too many light styles as they don't affect my map)

I cut out the "ready to finish" segment.
    Another thing you should do is fix the fact that there's more than 4(?) different colors of light on a brush somewhere

I forget how to turn off detail sprites though... maybe look up a tutorial on how to turn them on and then just work backwards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #1032
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,994 Posts
    Another thing you should do is fix the fact that there's more than 4(?) different colors of light on a brush somewhere

I forget how to turn off detail sprites though... maybe look up a tutorial on how to turn them on and then just work backwards
    4 differently named lights touching the same brushface. It has nothing to do with colour, as you could have hundreds of lights named the same with different colours and it would work. It's only when you have too many that it'll complain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #1033
    November 2011
    1,806 Posts
    Anyone know how to make jump pad like in Quake 3/Live?
    Trigger_push
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

34. Post #1034
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,244 Posts
    Does anyone have some good tips for lighting?

35. Post #1035
    March 2010
    1,028 Posts
    Does anyone have some good tips for lighting?
    I'm sort of asking the same thing. Here's a room I made. I like the color the light is giving off in the room, but it just doesn't "pop". It just feels like it's missing something, the way the light is cast makes everything look a bit stale to me. Would sprites for each fluorescent light fixture be beneficial (right?)? I know that isn't the full the solution though, it's the lighting itself. I know it's missing SOMETHING to make it a bit more atmospheric, but I just don't know what that could be. Any ideas?

36. Post #1036
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,500 Posts
    That looks full-bright, just orange. It also does not match the light-texture in any way. What are you using for the lighting? Use light_spots + sprites.

37. Post #1037
    March 2010
    1,028 Posts
    That looks full-bright, just orange. It also does not match the light-texture in any way. What are you using for the lighting? Use light_spots + sprites.
    I'm using a light_spot with a wide angle. Yeah, it looks pretty orange, and that's the problem. It looks to much of a uniform light, bland and stuff. Should I try reducing the angle and possibly the light a bit? Here's the brightness I'm using for them along with the angles... (And there's one light_spot in the middle of each of the florescent light fixtures)

Brightness: 200 190 181 200
    Inner (Bright) Angle: 65
    Outer (Fading) Angle: 90 (too much, right?)

38. Post #1038
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,500 Posts
    Yeah, and either you switch the texture to match the color of your lighting now or you change your lighting to match your textures. Right now it looks very unrealistic.

39. Post #1039
    March 2010
    1,028 Posts
    Yeah, and either you switch the texture to match the color of your lighting now or you change your lighting to match your textures. Right now it looks very unrealistic.
    What color would you suggest then? Would Blue be good because it's a contrast to Orange?

40. Post #1040
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    What color would you suggest then? Would Blue be good because it's a contrast to Orange?
    A very light yellow would be a better idea, to match the use of flourecent lights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events