1. Post #2161
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,376 Posts
    No invalid errors, when exiting the vertex manip or alt + p.

You are right tho on open hammer has moved a few vertices. Not many, but just enough to ruin everything.

There goes a perfectly reasonable map idea...
    You won't get invalid brush errors, it'll just change by its self. You can just stop linking up the backfaces where the vertical/horizontal brushes meet. That should fix it. As long as the visible faces are touching that's all that matters, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2162
    May 2011
    2 Posts
    How do I place weapons in CS:GO maps? (example: in source, you'd place "weapon_m4a1") Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

3. Post #2163
    May 2011
    2,463 Posts
    It is currently broken. Weapons wont spawn when compiled for whatever reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #2164
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    166 Posts
    Any map I try to compile in CS:GO, crashes the compiler before vbsp.exe gets to run. I get a "hammer_run_map_launcher.exe has stopped working" window and nothing else. This is really frustrating.

I made a simple room with an info_player_start in the middle and it crashes too. Everything does. No log or anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #2165
    May 2011
    2 Posts
    It is currently broken. Weapons wont spawn when compiled for whatever reason.
    Cheers. Do you know if it's the same with 2D skyboxes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

6. Post #2166
    May 2011
    2,463 Posts
    Cheers. Do you know if it's the same with 2D skyboxes?
    Naah, skyboxes work great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

7. Post #2167
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,500 Posts
    I've set up a spawned zombie npc starting in a scripted_sequence to walk over to a scripted_sequence. I'd like to make it go to a random scripted_sequence out of a few that I have set up. Does anyone know how I might go about doing this? Also do assaults work with zombies?
    Anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #2168
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    759 Posts
    Does anybody know of any good chandelier props for inside buildings?

9. Post #2169
    February 2011
    1,581 Posts
    Does anybody know of any good chandelier props for inside buildings?
    models/props/de_chateau/light_chandelier02.mdl

Found in CSS, is the best there is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #2170
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,816 Posts
    How do you guys add music to a CS:GO map? Cant get it working with Triggers, timers and logic_auto
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

11. Post #2171
    My map crashes when I pick my team in CS:GO, I pick my team then it just closes, doesn't even show a glimpse of the map, just closes without an error.
    Help?

12. Post #2172
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,567 Posts
    Looking at cs_office they just used an ambientgeneric and a logic_timer (for the random radio talk about the hostage)

13. Post #2173
    Turns out game_player_equip doesn't work in CS:GO :(

14. Post #2174
    July 2008
    1,034 Posts
    so I've got some grass detail sprites set up in my map but I want to configure them to face the player at all times, there's a spriteorientation setting in my VBSP file but I don't know what to set the value to in order to get it to work. Any ideas?

15. Post #2175
    Portal 2: Abyss
    September 2009
    1,222 Posts
    Hey guys how to we make the kind of Fog in Portal 2 when you get in the old aperture or when its Wheatley's laboratory

Is it a normal Fog that you can make in every source sdk or its something else ?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

16. Post #2176
    October 2009
    599 Posts
    Its normal fog, nothing special about it.

Edit:

so I've got some grass detail sprites set up in my map but I want to configure them to face the player at all times, there's a spriteorientation setting in my VBSP file but I don't know what to set the value to in order to get it to work. Any ideas?
    detailOrientation <int>
    How the sprite will react to the camera:

0: It will not rotate.
    1: It will rotate around its origin to always face the camera head-on
    2: It will rotate around its Z-axis only to face the camera. This is the most common setting, as it foreshortens the sprite while keeping it otherwise head-on.
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Detail_props
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #2177
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,816 Posts
    Looking at cs_office they just used an ambientgeneric and a logic_timer (for the random radio talk about the hostage)
    Tried that and it didnt work, also didnt find the timer on the decompiled office map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #2178
    October 2008
    483 Posts
    Hello guys, does anyone know if I still can simulate shadows using blocks with blocklight texture in cs:go sdk ?

I've used env_cascade_light to drop some shadows, but I want to simulate indoors shadows with fences and metal gates, but it don't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

19. Post #2179
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,567 Posts
    Tried that and it didnt work, also didnt find the timer on the decompiled office map
    Valve provided the vmf for their files
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\sdk_content\maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #2180
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    Its normal fog, nothing special about it.

Edit:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Detail_props
    Well actually the fog in the later versions of source is pretty nice compared to HL2's crappy farz fog.

I mean it uses distance between eyepos and worldpos to control the fog density, which makes it like a sphere around the player which looks fucking awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2181
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,602 Posts
    TF2 is crashing if I try to make a new map, or load any other maps.
    I tried both refreshing sdk content and resetting the game configurations. I don't know what else to do.

22. Post #2182
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,103 Posts
    Is there a "Hire a mapper"-thread in this sub-board? And also what do you guys feel is an acceptable reward for making a map ($/hr)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

23. Post #2183
    February 2011
    1,581 Posts
    Is there a "Hire a mapper"-thread in this sub-board? And also what do you guys feel is an acceptable reward for making a map ($/hr)?
    Depends how big the request is, how much custom content etc.

People usually open a new thread for a request, however a thread dedicated to that would be a nice idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2184
    December 2010
    14 Posts
    I've got a little problem with the Combine light props. As long as I remain close to them, they're fine, but whenever I put a little distance between myself and the props they automatically change into low-poly versions of themselves and it's really notable:

There's also a third model with an even lower poly-count. Both versions - 001a and 001b - are affected, other models aren't. Any clue on what I might be doing wrong and how I could fix it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2185
    February 2011
    1,581 Posts
    I've got a little problem with the Combine light props. As long as I remain close to them, they're fine, but whenever I put a little distance between myself and the props they automatically change into low-poly versions of themselves and it's really notable:

There's also a third model with an even lower poly-count. Both versions - 001a and 001b - are affected, other models aren't. Any clue on what I might be doing wrong and how I could fix it?
    Going to recompile this with a new lod distance, give me a minute

Edited:

Okay done, same model name but the path is now props_combine_new/combine_light001a

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33714868/models.zip

Tested and working.

Let me know when i can take the link down :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #2186
    December 2010
    14 Posts
    Going to recompile this with a new lod distance, give me a minute

Edited:

Okay done, same model name but the path is now props_combine_new/combine_light001a

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33714868/models.zip

Tested and working.

Let me know when i can take the link down :)
    Got it. Any chance you could do 001b as well? Either way, kudos for your help man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

27. Post #2187
    February 2011
    1,581 Posts
    Sure, but not right now, remind me as an PM tommorow, doing some textures for someone at the moment, sorry :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #2188
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    166 Posts
    Any map I try to compile in CS:GO, crashes the compiler before vbsp.exe gets to run. I get a "hammer_run_map_launcher.exe has stopped working" window and nothing else. This is really frustrating.

I made a simple room with an info_player_start in the middle and it crashes too. Everything does. No log or anything.
    I fixed the problem by bypassing the hammer_run_map_launcher.exe in Hammer and started using Nem's Batch Compiler. I can tell the Batch Compiler to use the newer CS:GO vbsp, vvis and vrad executables and it compiles my map like a charm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

29. Post #2189
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,044 Posts
    A few questions:

Is there a basic outline anywhere on how to make decent-looking terrain?

How would I go about adding a 2D/3D Skybox?(EDIT: I read the first few pages of the thread and know how to do sky_camera and terrain scaling, but when I compile and run the map, it does that trippy trailing thing, I want to know how to not do that.)

How do I make invisible walls?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

30. Post #2190
    Buy Some Apples
    April 2008
    9,141 Posts
    How do I compile a map \w custom texture?
    Apparently other people get the purple black chessboard because it doesn't include the texture for other people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

31. Post #2191
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    759 Posts
    A few questions:

Is there a basic outline anywhere on how to make decent-looking terrain?

How would I go about adding a 2D/3D Skybox?(EDIT: I read the first few pages of the thread and know how to do sky_camera and terrain scaling, but when I compile and run the map, it does that trippy trailing thing, I want to know how to not do that.)

Mini displacement tutorial I made for another thread a while back:

Make it a power of 3 and split it into sections. Uploading a picture now. (section amount and size depend on how large the displacement is.)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #2192
    March 2012
    3,154 Posts
    Use pakrat to embed the texture into the bsp. Or send them the textures
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #2193
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,044 Posts
    Mini displacement tutorial I made for another thread a while back:

Make it a power of 3 and split it into sections. Uploading a picture now. (section amount and size depend on how large the displacement is.)

Blegh, Nevermind.

Thanks!

34. Post #2194
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    789 Posts
    I'm trying to make a dark hospital wing but the light props glow for some reason. Anyone know how to fix it?
    The light right above me is the only one that has a spotlight under it.

Sorry about the huge image I don't now how to link it.

35. Post #2195
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,201 Posts
    Nodraw or a clip (use a playerclip if you want it to only block the player and nothing else)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #2196
    May 2011
    2,463 Posts
    I'm trying to make a dark hospital wing but the light props glow for some reason. Anyone know how to fix it?
    The light right above me is the only one that has a spotlight under it.

Sorry about the huge image I don't now how to link it.
    Put in cubemaps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2197
    Fat & Ugly
    October 2009
    789 Posts
    Cubemaps don't seem to be doing anything.

38. Post #2198
    April 2012
    1,102 Posts
    I assume the lighting origin for the light models is somewhere brighter. Move the origin to ~2 units lower than the ceiling, right under the light's center. Or compile with -staticproplighting.

39. Post #2199
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,136 Posts
    I don't recognize the model but it might have a self-illuminated "on" skin by default. Try switching the skin to 1.

Also, I need to stop light from coming in through some windows. Is there any way I can 'occlude' the windows so that you can still see through them, but when the map is being compiled, light does not pass through them?

I can fiddle around with having black light entities in the room, but that's not a very graceful solution. There's probably something cleverer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

40. Post #2200
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,044 Posts
    Is there any reason Hammer isn't compiling my map?

Code:
    ** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\canyon.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Aug 13 2012)
    2 threads
    materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\team fortress 2\tf\materials
    Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\canyon.vmf
    fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
    Creating default LDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
       skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
     ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
    Creating default HDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
       skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
     ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
    Finding displacement neighbors...

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\canyon"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Aug 13 2012)
    2 threads
    reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\canyon.bsp
    Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\canyon.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
    ** Parameters:  -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\canyon"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Aug 13 2012)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
    2 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
    [34 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\canyon.bsp
    Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\canyon.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\gaminji\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\canyon.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\gaminji\team fortress 2\tf\maps\canyon.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
      "The system cannot find the file specified."
    I haven't added or removed any files since the last map I compiled, and it worked fine then. I verified the cache, too. :\