1. Post #361
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    Yup, I got it - Free movement had to be on as well. However, it didn't really seem to fix the wobbling problem, but the axis still felt a little bit more solid. Thanks for that at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

2. Post #362
    June 2011
    361 Posts
    Disregarding the points you made about thruster engines, that autoclutch is exactly what I'm talking about. Why do we not have control of the clutch? I simply cannot see me using ACF unless I have more control of what's going on.
    Then create your own gearbox. And clutch. I never use acf gearboxes, only my own. Kaf has some decent engines though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,478 Posts
    Then create your own gearbox. And clutch. I never use acf gearboxes, only my own. Kaf has some decent engines though.
    As far as I understand it, ACF doesn't allow more than the inbuilt scripted gearboxes, making creating my own impossible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    485 Posts
    I'll show you some updates we have done over the last few days:

Showing off the car with some wheels on. These may or may not be the final wheels.

Boy those lights are bright lol:

Put in some back seats finally. They're not perfect yet and will require further detailing:

Thought I'd show the redesigned back. It was a bitch to do but we got the smooth angles going :D

Info: Currently up to 270 props and have done 51 different saves of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #365
    June 2011
    361 Posts
    As far as I understand it, ACF doesn't allow more than the inbuilt scripted gearboxes, making creating my own impossible.
    I mean a prop gearbox. That's what my fucked up dual brd is, a fully adjustable acf engine to output transaxle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,478 Posts
    Eek, prop gearboxes. Found that there's no reliable way of making one that holds up to the kind of abuse I put a typical drivetrain through.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    November 2010
    21 Posts
    Been working on a quadrotor in real life so I decided to make one in Gmod...

Reminds me of the Parrot Drone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    Been working on a quadrotor in real life so I decided to make one in Gmod...

Reminds me of the Parrot Drone.
    I love it, is the autopilot as unflyably overbearing as the real parrot drone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,003 Posts
    Does it use E2 to fly? Looks cool.

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    Time for another round of MrWhite's series, guess a car! This one is obvious but give it a go.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,135 Posts
    vw camper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    ferrari enzo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,478 Posts
    Definitely a VW Type 2 Kombi.

Edited:

I didn't google it I swear wat r u talking about

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,135 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #375
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,909 Posts
    wee, VW Samba
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    All of you are correct (What a surpriiiseee!)

Some quick updates of the shape and such.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6...1128ab42_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7045/6...96194726_b.jpg

Edited:

More pictures, got a lot more progress done.
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/6...9cb8cff1_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7057/6...a8a033bb_b.jpg

Edited:

Bumping because of lots of more progress and exterior finish.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    Interior stuff.

Edited:

Argh fuck, merge failed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    November 2010
    21 Posts
    I love it, is the autopilot as unflyably overbearing as the real parrot drone?
    I haven't made the E2 for it yet I'm a little lazy.

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,135 Posts
    why are your windows 12 inches thick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    why are your windows 12 inches thick
    My reference had really thick windows, looking at more references and it seems to be a one go. I'll fix that up.

Edited:

Also having the bus spawned for more than 15-20 minutes gives me this engine error.
    "Engine Error ivp failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
    Any idea?

Edited:

Here's some media for you people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    March 2009
    1,105 Posts
    Recently just got Garrysmod to work and decided to build something

Even got a engine I'm trying to detail .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

22. Post #382
    January 2005
    236 Posts
    BMP-2, work in progress but just about done.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #383
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    Early WIP of Mi24A (119 props). I like Mils creations. Quoting BOOBYY they have "Ruben's like shapes".

UPDATE:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

24. Post #384
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    That turret...

Also I passed a VW camper yesterday in my truck, now I see it here today...my mom drove one for a tour group in the early 80s over in GroBdeutschland. Had about the horsepower of a roll of flaming toilet paper drenched in motoroil (26hp, if my memory serves). She had to call ahead, schedule, and wait six to eight weeks to merge onto the autobahn.

Edited:

that bmp turret is absolutely awesome. How did you get it so smooth?

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    Early WIP of Mi24A (119 props). I like Mils creations. Quoting BOOBYY they have "Ruben's like shapes".

UPDATE:

I approve, and damn that cockpit looks like a DH-89 cockpit. Them whacky Mi helos

26. Post #386
    January 2005
    236 Posts
    Not sure how it came out so smooth; part of it is being very careful to align and visclip props, and part of it is just the material hiding any rough edges.

Best part about the turret? It's a whopping five props.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

27. Post #387
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    visclip a cone you wanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

28. Post #388
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    What I was aiming for:

What I'm getting:

Oh well. I like its clean look. The middle looks a bit too wide to me, but I guess I'll just increase the wing span.

Nowhere near finished yet...

Edit: Update, chassis almost ready

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #389
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    visclip a cone you wanks
    Visclip is the best thing that happened to the gmod. Of course, it doesn't cut a mesh but who cares when you can make smooth like a baby's ass contraptions.

EDIT down:

Tool included to that SVN:
    http://tgifallen.googlecode.com/svn/...d_tool/stools/

It allows you to cut visually props.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Poland Show Events

30. Post #390
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    Visclip is the best thing that happened to the gmod. Of course, it doesn't cut a mesh but who cares when you can make smooth like a baby's ass contraptions.
    What is visclip? Sorry I'm a newbie.

31. Post #391
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    visclip a cone you wanks
    I'm disappointed. What all addons are on waxx's server?

32. Post #392
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Testing the water here, might do a contest for this later: an "all purpose vehicle".
    Must be: able to withstand an airdrop, amphibious, able to pass a severe offroad track, seat 2 people, carry X amount of weight, under X amount of props (maybe 100)
    Constraints: can only use vanilla, the built-in phx, and wire, and fit into a certain size range
    Bonuses: any unique functions, optional addons, etc.

I'd imagine it'd be rated off style, features, functionality, speed, simplicity, etc., and probably as a prize I'd front a few bucks on steam or something. Curious what you guys think.

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    Sounds like a good competition. I'd like to see MakeSpherical or wheel2 / lua wheels on the list of addons that could be used though.

34. Post #394
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    what about only HL2 props

Edited:

k maybenot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

35. Post #395
    January 2012
    481 Posts

Ok the chassis is pretty much ready, but there are so many props - Is there anyone who could give some advice as how to parent it while still having wheels and future modding capability for an engine with propeller? Right now the results have been disastrous, as can be seen in the picture where the outcome would serve a better purpose as a meat grinder rather than as a plane.

I watched Karbine's parenting tutorial which was really helpful, but the problem here is that I don't really have one single defined chassis here where to put a gate that holds the parented props, so I don't really know what to do at the moment. When I see all these amazing vehicles people have built here, I know that there is something that can be done though.

Also, my Steam name is DeeNbee — I would be very glad if someone could personally assist me with merging this plane.

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,478 Posts
    I'd be very interested in that contest, Red. Would be interesting to employ a 6 wheeled dual-V8 engine powered mobile military platform of sorts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    Also for a contest that isn't solely purposed on the looks, I'd say the proplimit should be higher than 100. Would make life a lot easier to both get something that has a good purpose of an ATV but still keeping good looks. If you were going to do it, you should open a new thread for it like back when I came to FP in uh, I think August 2010. Even though the stuff I built back in that time was utter crap, I still loved to look at the competition threads. Just my 2 cents.

38. Post #398
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    I can confirm that this is the daily life on Mine-Dog.

40. Post #400
    Dennab
    June 2008
    106 Posts
    AMX 13 75

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)