1. Post #481
    May 2011
    885 Posts
    The Blue Gecko, I know horrible editing, quality, driving etc. My first video and the first time i record, also the render didn't wanna cooperate.

Video was about 3 minutes too long ;)
    Pagekong

Karb teaching the youngsters and keeping them off the streets.
    Vanilla servers....
    SU-36B very very bland and simple SPG. I really wanted to add detail but there was no details to add.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree x 1Dumb x 1Useful x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #482
    August 2008
    92 Posts
    p

Edited:

The Blue Gecko, I know horrible editing, quality, driving etc. My first video and the first time i record, also the render didn't wanna cooperate.
    what map is that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Switzerland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #483
    November 2007
    88 Posts
    what map is that
    It's in the description.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

4. Post #484
    August 2008
    92 Posts
    i c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Switzerland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

5. Post #485

July 2008
    850 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #486
    Dennab
    June 2008
    106 Posts
    oh god the angles

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    593 Posts
    oh god the angles

enough wheels?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    Is it going to be IS-7? If yes then good luck pal. I broke all my fingers while building that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

9. Post #489

April 2011
    33 Posts
    Is it going to be IS-7? If yes then goodluck pal. I broke all my fingers while building that.
    I feel your pain, i got as far as the front, after that a deep sight was emitted and i was done with it.. The angle's of an IS-7 is a pain in the ass, if it is an IS-7 devon, i wish you all my luck in trying to get them all to near perfect.

On another note:
    I've been spending my time on low detailed 150 props max tier 1 tanks from WoT

The Leichttraktor (done)
    The MS-1 (Needs some e2 magic still.)
    The T1 Cunningham (Starting today)

Ill post some pic's once i got the 3 beauty's done.

edit: Sorry to Karb, couldn't be there with the classes i had some issues going on and The Kill Box servers were overun with ddos attacks i had to fix and track down.

edit1:
    The M4 Sherman made by Badger130 (just giving the guy some credit since he's one of the co-owners of killbox etc etc, and i think he did quite the job.

And the sfkfz 222
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    Working on the concept of a gyrocopter that only uses fin for the lift and steering, and thrusters to power the gear. I have everything planned out in theory, but will it work in GMod? We'll see.

Edit: FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH IT FLIES

FFS

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

11. Post #491
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    -snip- doublepost
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

12. Post #492
    February 2012
    345 Posts
    Some impressive stuff in here, I tried Garry's Mod once. I ended up just throwing stuff around with the Gravity Gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts

[SUB]ok that's enough fat mossman.[/SUB]
    Will fucking climb anything, does 50mph, properly limited front-wishbone/rear-macPherson suspension, under 100 props, and is a fucking beast offroad. Needs a steering wheel, am gonna use a prop one because my holo steering wheel keeps twisting all weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,610 Posts
    I think you're giving him a bit too much credit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    March 2009
    216 Posts
    Some light tank I've made, probably wont work due to the small size and big props I used, no space to add chip/ammo.
    Had to use some fugly textures because most of them suddenly disappeared from my material stool.

Need to work more on properly snapping the props.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #496
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Some light tank I've made, probably wont work due to the small size and big props I used, no space to add chip/ammo.
    Had to use some fugly textures because most of them suddenly disappeared from my material stool.
    At least it doesn't look generic and bland.

Also, just an fyi, that jeep does climb like a fucking billygoat on cocaine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #497
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    November 2009
    2,142 Posts
    bloom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #499
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    I would definitely tap that ammo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #500

April 2011
    33 Posts
    I would definitely tap that ammo.
    I would do more than only tap it Frankess, would ram a 128 KvK from my Jagdtiger right into that small pretty box xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,610 Posts
    o god no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

22. Post #502
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    Gyrocopter progress, going to add a fin-rudder and elevator to the rear next. The engine on the front was made by a helpful player named Insane, I dont wanna take any credit for that.

The propeller has 16 wings so far in order to maximize the forward push force with low RPM, because everything just goes batshit crazy at high RPM.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #503
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    v nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #504
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,712 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #505
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    Another gyrocopter update:

Everything is technically done. It has hydraulically controlled ailerons for rolling, plus a rudder for yaw and an elevator for pitching, all with maximum fin. I also changed the rotor in a way that it has two stacked 4-wing rotors that spin in opposite directions, I tested this and noticed that it provided a more even lift.

Now there is only 1 problem left....

It's unstable as fuck. Right now it's a Newtonian clusterfuck of conflicting and overlapping momenta. Balancing this is going to take a long while... But I've successfully balanced stuff before, so I'm not too much worried. One change I'll most likely implement is to move the middle pushing propeller to the nose of the gyro, because as for now, it likes to push the whole thing upside down if you attempt to fly with it. No problem though, I like mechanical challenges like this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    More Volkswagen stuff and holy shit curves everywhere that needs smoothing. ~170 props.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #507
    May 2011
    885 Posts
    That is delicious Jack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #508
    November 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Looks way smoother than that VW van.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    Thanks, and yeah it does. I'm trying to optimize parts of it like on the rear where props are sticking out at weird parts. As it is a Beetle, I'm not all too "let's be efficient and use 200-" props. I'm aiming for about 250 because this is a fun car to make and I like adding small details. They make the difference!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

30. Post #510
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,610 Posts
    that's
    fucking
    sexy

Edited:

I sure do wish ACF had boxer engines, would make that beetle so much more awesome to have a proper 4 cylinder in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    Updated and optimized the very messy rear. How does this look? still adding details, just the main rear.
    and how is the bend in the roof now? tried to make it more Beetle alike instead of whatever I had above.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    485 Posts
    Oh my god. Looks great!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #513
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    Argh, making a good paintjob for it is horrible as if I make it in just two colours, all of the lines and nice curves disappear. I'll upload some photos of it with colours in a moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

34. Post #514
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    the proportions on that vw are really wonky
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    593 Posts
    reminds me more of these than a beetle:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #516
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    Just wait until he finish curves on the back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    485 Posts
    If I had to be picky the only thing that makes it look out of proportion is the front. Seems like it is too flared and pointing to far forward. Not by much but enough to look different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    Yeah, that's my main problem with it, the front. Argh, I feel like an idiot now because I had a shorter front but chose to use the longer, because it looked better on it back then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

39. Post #519
    May 2009
    1,290 Posts
    i really want to make some gcombat tanks but im having trouble making a mouse aimed turret. Can anyone help me out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    I did a ton to the whole thing to make it look more Beetle ish. Changed the roof, optimized front, less messy rear, remade the front wheelarches, redid the holo light positions, shortened and general optimization.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)