1. Post #881
    June 2011
    215 Posts
    Thanks, at first I thought it would be a hell to get the turret to look like the mausturm, but it was quite easy to be honest.

Edited:

I'm probably also going to make the Jagdpanzer E-100 using the chassis, and a Maus using the turret
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

2. Post #882
    November 2009
    2,143 Posts
    I'll just leave this here.
    I found out how to get some efficient fin going with a bit of help from another person, so I made a turbine and strapped it to a car. Was pretty fast, did the 0-60 MP/h in about 2.2 seconds.

I mean, who hasn't tried doing this before. just thought it was fun.
    I saw you looking at my rockmen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #883
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,465 Posts
    Whats the joke about Field of view?

4. Post #884
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts

Fin only submarine. Ballast works by changing weight to achieve neutral buoyancy and back. All depth is controlled with fin, propulsion is fin and ACF engine.

I did the bodywork and control, Iwancoppa handled the propulsion, neutral buoyancy, and pseudosonar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #885

July 2008
    850 Posts
    Something to do with Zeos I think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,613 Posts
    I think Karbine started giving Zeos shit about his really low FoV during some argument, and more people joined in and eventually made Zeos rq.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #887
    November 2009
    2,143 Posts
    Oh yes, I remember that. Basically, Zeos posted some theories on how lowering your FOV enables your monitor enables your monitor to act as a window. Karbine started making fun of him by drawing pictures of people flying through monitors. The joke just stuck from there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #888
    August 2011
    157 Posts
    I made some kinda BVR12 engine. Banks have 15 degrees in between just like VR engines, and they also have their opposite site banks which is like a Boxer engine:

Also the boxer configuration makes it fully balanced, which is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #889
    November 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Oh yes, I remember that. Basically, Zeos posted some theories on how lowering your FOV enables your monitor enables your monitor to act as a window. Karbine started making fun of him by drawing pictures of people flying through monitors. The joke just stuck from there.
    That was hilarious. Too bad zeos took it so seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,613 Posts
    It's really sad that, once you all saw him taking it seriously, you kept going. He was a fairly big name, and he contributed quite a bit before that. Now he never comes around anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #891
    May 2011
    886 Posts
    Link to thread?

12. Post #892
    November 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Link to thread?
    it's either one of the previous WIP threads

13. Post #893
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    It's really sad that, once you all saw him taking it seriously, you kept going. He was a fairly big name, and he contributed quite a bit before that. Now he never comes around anymore.
    Zeos was the only person who could paralyze a server with collisions lag and nobody gave a fuck. And Tricky's was boss. I miss contests, and decent servers, and having our own section, and not having so many rage drama blowouts. Soooooo many things we need to bring back. Like space ships, and omnitanks, and engine powered cranes. [sub]Though I don't miss having mods breathing down our necks banning everyone.[/sub]

Edited:

Edited:

I made some kinda BVR12 engine. Banks have 15 degrees in between just like VR engines, and they also have their opposite site banks which is like a Boxer engine:

Also the boxer configuration makes it fully balanced, which is awesome.
    That's a pretty neat idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

14. Post #894
    November 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Zeos fov thingy in a nutshell:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #895
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,050 Posts
    I like to think I've gotten better, but then I look at my most recent project. Of course I had to do it on the darkest fucking map I have.

Edit:

OH GOD JPEGS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #896
    November 2009
    2,143 Posts
    Though I don't miss having mods breathing down our necks banning everyone.
    [sub]Of course, you don't give a fuck[/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #897

January 2012
    19 Posts
    Helicopter I'm working on:

Kleiners kindly provided by Metacore.
    EDIT: I really like your submarine Baldo, it looks really cool. Neat design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #898
    June 2011
    215 Posts
    Helicopter I'm working on:

Kleiners kindly provided by Metacore.
    EDIT: I really like your submarine Baldo, it looks really cool. Neat design.
    My jetpack thing WIP is in that bottom picture, I call copyright!

19. Post #899

January 2012
    19 Posts
    My jetpack thing WIP is in that bottom picture, I call copyright!
    Yes that's your jet pack. But the majority of the picture is my helicopter, so I claim copyright.

Also, could anyone suggest to me some good maps to build on? (Besides the usual: freespace, etc.)

20. Post #900
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts

first proper 8x8, full suspension, and my first use of anti-roll bars. 10 out of the 18 tons in this thing is physical mass

driver's hatch opens and stuff

107 props
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts

first proper 8x8, full suspension, and my first use of anti-roll bars. 10 out of the 18 tons in this thing is physical mass

107 props
    Damn, that thing looks awesome

22. Post #902
    November 2011
    4,770 Posts

107 props
    Looks great, planning to make a video?

23. Post #903
    November 2005
    512 Posts
    For christ's sake stop replaying messages along with all images. Most of us have a scroll wheel in a mouse.

And Karbine, since your APC was too realistic I felt that is my duty to bring order in this thread.

Behold!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #904
    November 2011
    4,770 Posts
    For christ's sake stop replaying messages along with all images. Most of us have a scroll wheel in a mouse.

And Karbine, since your APC was too realistic I felt that is my duty to bring order in this thread.

Behold!

cool, i have a scroll wheel too!

25. Post #905
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    888 Posts

107 props
    This is awesome, but where can I find those wheels?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

26. Post #906
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    ep2/css i think

Edited:

also fucking lol @ rainbow carrier

27. Post #907
    August 2011
    157 Posts
    Just made my first proper holo speedo :
    Also, a holo turbo:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Artistic x 4Winner x 2Dumb x 1Useful x 1Funny x 1Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #908
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    918 Posts
    I liek mechs.

No seriously, I do. I'm working on a multi-crew Steel Battalion style mech. Just thought I'd show progress so far.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

29. Post #909
    March 2009
    216 Posts
    I liek mechs.

No seriously, I do. I'm working on a multi-crew Steel Battalion style mech. Just thought I'd show progress so far.

mech
    It looks awsome, tough severely undergunned.

Anyone got ideas on how I could make an E2 that handles the Gear on ACF engine? Was thinking about auto-changing according to speed/increase and decreasing from input but I dunno how to check the gear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

30. Post #910

February 2010
    40 Posts
    It's rough and untested, but try this on for size. I may improve it later when I have time.

Code:
    @name Automatic ACF Transmission
    @inputs RPM ClutchIn
    @outputs Gear ClutchOut
    @persist PBLow PBHigh Gears
    @trigger RPM Clutch

if(first()){PBLow=<low end of engine's power band>,PBHigh=<high end of engine's power band>,Gears=<number of gears in your transmission>,Gear=0}

if(!ClutchIn){
        if(RPM>PBHigh){Gear++}else{Gear=Gear}
        if(RPM<PBLow){Gear--}else{Gear=Gear}
        ClutchOut=0}
    else{Gear=Gear,ClutchOut=1}

if(Gear<0){Gear=0}
        elseif(Gear>Gears){Gear=Gears}
    else{Gear=Gear}
    Edit: Saw and fixed a misnamed variable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #911
    June 2011
    215 Posts
    Got bored, here's a little car WIP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #912
    March 2009
    216 Posts
    It's rough and untested, but try this on for size. I may improve it later when I have time.

Code:
    @inputs RPM ClutchIn
    @outputs Gear ClutchOut
    @trigger RPM Clutch

if(first()){PBLow=<low end of engine's power band>,PBHigh=<high end of engine's power band>,Gears=<number of gears in your transmission>,Gear=0}

if(!ClutchIn){
        ClutchOut=0}

if(Gear<0){Gear=0}
    else{Gear=Gear}
    Ah, thanks for the help, I was trying to change gears based on speed, not on the engine RPM!

33. Post #913
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,613 Posts

Code:
    @inputs RPM ClutchIn
    @outputs Gear ClutchOut
    @trigger RPM Clutch

if(!ClutchIn){
        ClutchOut=0}

if(Gear<0){Gear=0}
    else{Gear=Gear}
    There's really not any way to ask this question without sounding stupid, but exactly what happens when you put an if statement inside an if statement?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #914
    August 2009
    1,216 Posts
    There's really not any way to ask this question without sounding stupid, but exactly what happens when you put an if statement inside an if statement?
    The branched if-statement will only return if the root is true.

Code:
    if (On)   {
        if (A)  { B = 1 }
    }
    B is equal to 1 if A is true, but only if On is also true.

Looking at his code, if input ClutchIn isn't being pressed, the gearing is increased/decreased.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #915

February 2010
    40 Posts
    Ah, thanks for the help, I was trying to change gears based on speed, not on the engine RPM!
    You never want to change your gears based on your speed, the point of a multi-gear transmission is to keep the engine within it's power band (the range of RPM where the engine is the most efficient and outputs the most power) without limiting speed and torque to undesirable values.

For instance, in the first gear of a transmission, the engine spins the most times to produce one turn of the driving wheels, the result is a low-speed output with lots of torque, good for getting a vehicle moving, but not for moving quickly. As you increase your speed in while in gear one, the engine will approach the upper end of its power band and its redline zone. To keep the engine in its power band and keep it from redlining, you shift into second gear, in which the engine spins fewer times per rotation of the drive wheels, the result is the engine RPM falling back to the lower end of its power band (because it doesn't need to spin as many times to move the car at the same speed), and a gearing that allows you to go faster, but isn't as good as first for getting the vehicle moving or other jobs which require a lot of torque. The same applies each time you shift up a gear.

EDIT: Also, upon further inspection (as in, actually testing it in game), I've found that my code doesn't work. I'll rewrite it and get it going some time over the weekend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #916
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    I realized that as I was away for 2-3 weeks, most of the servers I used to go on are either shut down or are just dead with 0 players on at all times. Did anything happen to the building community while I was away?

37. Post #917
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,062 Posts
    I realized that as I was away for 2-3 weeks, most of the servers I used to go on are either shut down or are just dead with 0 players on at all times. Did anything happen to the building community while I was away?
    It's around finals time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #918
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts

Marlin box wing, planned to be fin only with two rear facing propellers.

Wing Design inspirations:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #919
    November 2009
    2,143 Posts
    Average pubbie on Baik
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #920
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    I made a Chinese car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)