1. Post #1281
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    fuckin' pageKING
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #1282
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,916 Posts
    Testing if media tags take XFire vids

They don't. Crap.
    Playing with balls with phys_maxvelocity set to A LOT

http://www.xfire.com/video/57a054/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #1283
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    I have been currently working on my first tank. it's about 1/8 of it's completion (but hey, this is a WIP thread, right?). Yeah, so here it is.
    it has a machine gun, which is not shown.

as you can see, the wheels are not equal. I mean the other ones are heavier than the other side.
    also, I have been working with this all terrain vehicle (just in case the tank one is destroyed and will leave me broken hearted in pieces).

if you're asking what's up with the red button, it's for toggling the lights, cause this laptop doesnt have the number pad enter. if I press enter, nothing works, so I just had to emulate it.
    here's the toggled lights:

Somehow, inside my head, I like the ATV more than the tank.. (sorry tank, I have been very unfaithful)

Edited:

also, the smooth-bore of the tank is bent.

Edited:

I don't know why the second picture is not loading for me, but I think it's because of the speed of my internet connection
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #1284
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,916 Posts
    Looks like that tank has a very... floppy barrel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #1285
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    Looks like that tank has a very... floppy barrel.
    LoL.... I don't know, but I think I'd have to rebuild the whole turret and cannon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #1286
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    For tank combat ACF (armored combat framework) is used, and your gun looks like prop cannon or something. For how to install and use: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1132792
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

7. Post #1287

September 2011
    107 Posts
    I tried to make a gyro turret using thrusters and the delta tool. Works but it's very sensitive and pretty floppy. Useless when you are moving.

Would anyone care to link me to a freely usable turret/barrel applyforce/applytorque E2 code? I just can't get the hang of it without seeing it in action. That way I can learn from it.

Edit : Nevermind, found out some info on how to do it :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

8. Post #1288
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    redreaper why do you keep making videos in the same style as mine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1289

October 2011
    277 Posts
    [gun nerd rage]

More like MAGAZINE fed.

Clip:

Magazine:

Basically, clips are used for quickly re-loading magazines, mostly those that are integral to the guns and unremovable, such as early bolt-action rifles or something like an SKS.

Magazine is the thing from which the gun actually feeds the cartridges. It may be removable, but doesn't have to be.

Learn the damn difference.

0 fucks given

Seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1290

September 2011
    107 Posts
    First working tank. Body is just thrown on there for now. I will probably make a complete new one because this one was just for testing and such.
    It's pretty slow and only has a 50mm cannon. Apply torque/Apply force aiming and completely ACF engine powered.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #1291
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    redreaper why do you keep making videos in the same style as mine
    I make short, terrible, and pointless videos, is that what you mean?

0 fucks given

Seriously
    There is a difference. 1 fuck given here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #1292
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    First working tank. Body is just thrown on there for now. I will probably make a complete new one because this one was just for testing and such.
    It's pretty slow and only has a 50mm cannon. Apply torque/Apply force aiming and completely ACF engine powered.

is that engine mod? it's not what I think it is, is it?
    Edited: thanks also, I learned how to make a tank now. now, to replace that shit I made :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #1293

September 2011
    107 Posts
    is that engine mod?
    Yes, it is the ACF mod, as a few of vehicles in this thread have also shown. You can download it from Here
    it's not what I think it is, is it?
    That depends. What do you think it is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

14. Post #1294
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,725 Posts
    ...y'all could just, like, use a freely available aim E2, and if you don't like using other people's stuff learn from it, dissect how it works, and make your own. Just, throwin' it out there...or yea you can use thrusters and hydraulics...
    Could you give a link to such wonderful thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1295
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,805 Posts
    ...y'all could just, like, use a freely available aim E2
    If they're freely available kindly link a few. I've tried searching myself but whatever I find either doesn't work or the link is broken. I'd absolutely adore an E2 that takes the position the player aims at and aims the gun to that spot.
    and if you don't like using other people's stuff learn from it, dissect how it works, and make your own.
    I have no qualms about using someone else's E2. My steering controller is someone else's code, and I have a transmission controller someone else wrote...I don't use the latter though, ACF updated and rendered it obsolete. That being said I dissect them anyway in an attempt to figure out what the balls is going on so I don't have to rely on everyone else to write my E2s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #1296
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    Test of concept

It's a quad rotor with fin propellers, it uses E2 to get the cosine of the gyroscope's angle to balance the propellers, lowering and increasing the RPM accordingly. Hovers in the air very nicely.

The 2 rear propellers give it a max speed of somewhere around 60-70 KPH.

It's fun to fly

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #1297
    August 2009
    1,111 Posts
    I have put comments in my applyTorque turret code, as Red said, please try to learn from it and make your own rather than just using this one.

Code:
    @name ApplyTorque Tank Turret
    @inputs [Swivel Gun Pod]:entity Cam:wirelink
    @persist [GunIn SwiIn Origin]:vector [Dist PStr YStr Offset]
    @trigger none

if (first() | dupefinished())    {
        #----User-Vars----#
        PStr = 1                #Pitch sensitivity/strength
        YStr = 1                #Swivel sensitivity/strength
        Offset = 0              #Rotates your view and the force X degrees yaw(your turret may be built differently than mine)
        Dist = 15               #Distance behind the tank to put the camera(oribital/thirdperson cam, set low for first person)
        Origin = vec(0, 0, 50)  #Origin point of camera(change if your view is obstructed)
        #--End-User-Vars--#

SwiIn = Swivel:inertia()
        GunIn = Gun:inertia()
        Cam["Parent", entity] = Swivel

rangerFilter( entity():getConstraints() )       #You can set entities you want your aim to ignore here
        rangerPersist(1)
        runOnTick(1)
    }
    else    {
        if (tickClk())  {
            #--Camera--#
            Driver = Pod:passenger()
            #Driver of the pod.

C_Ang = Swivel:toLocalAxis(Driver:eyeAngles():forward())
            C_Pos = Swivel:toWorld(Origin) - C_Ang*Dist
            #Set cam direction to drivers eye, and cam position to the origin you set.

Cam["Activated", number] = Driver:isValid()
            Cam["Direction", vector] = C_Ang
            Cam["Position", vector] = C_Pos

Aim = rangerOffset(999999, C_Pos + C_Ang * Dist, C_Ang):position()
            #Get the aim position of the driver from the camera.
            #We use a ranger to ignore entities(the tank, or whatever you want)

#--Turret--#
            SwivelAim = (Aim - Swivel:pos()):toAngle()
            #Get a direction vector between the aim position and the entities current position, and convert it to an angle.

SwivelQuat = qRotation(vec(0, 0, SwivelAim:yaw() + Offset)) / quat(Swivel)
            #Create a quaternion and rotate it around the Z(yaw) axis by the yaw of the direction vector.

SwivelTorque = Swivel:toLocal(rotationVector(SwivelQuat) + Swivel:pos()):setX(0):setY(0)
            #Convert the quaternion to a rotation vector, and set the X,Y(Pitch,Roll) axis to 0 (we only want Z rotation).

Swivel:applyTorque((SwivelTorque*(200*YStr) - 30*Swivel:angVelVector()) *SwiIn)
            #Standard applytorque layout (Vector*Mul - VelVector*Mul2) * Inertia

GunAim = (Aim - Gun:pos()):toAngle()
            GunQuat = qRotation(vec(0, GunAim:pitch(), 0)) / quat(Gun)
            GunTorque = Gun:toLocal(rotationVector(GunQuat) + Gun:pos()):setX(0):setZ(0)

Gun:applyTorque((GunTorque*(200*PStr) - 30*Gun:angVelVector()) *GunIn) 
        }
    }
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1298
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    I use interval(), because abnormal tickrate servers fuck up everything. Tho using an anti-inertia thing is a fucking great idea, I should've done that, I've been balancing with angvel damping and clamping the angles.
    You can download it from Here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #1299
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    873 Posts
    Is it just my server that crashes due to ACF exploding ammo?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

20. Post #1300
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    Is it just my server that crashes due to ACF exploding ammo?
    I've known this to occur with crates that explode while submersed in water, but under know other circumstances.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

21. Post #1301

October 2011
    277 Posts
    Ok, Redreaper, Booby, everyone else who dumb'd my post

SOME MACHINEGUNS ARE CLIP FED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1302
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,598 Posts
    Still not being let down by failures like the Bugatti Veyron, in which I got to about 1000 props half ways, or the Mustang which was just iffy, I got something right. I think. Crappy pictures because I don't have time for pretty at the moment.

Edited:

I feel like an arse for not finishing the Veyron after I posted pictures of the bumper but it just wasn't going to work. My computer went to 40 FPS when I looked at it, half ways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #1303
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts

That's belt fed, I'm pretty sure, or at least intended that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1304

October 2011
    277 Posts
    That's belt fed, I'm pretty sure, or at least intended that way.

Can be fed by 300 round paper belt or 25 round strip clip.

some MG's were only clip fed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1305
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,216 Posts
    low-prop server friendly A-10

less than 50 props, less than 20 holos, more than 1000 explosions per minute. still no acf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #1306
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts

Chauchat. Do i have to say more?
    should be fed by 300 round paper belt [SUB]or 25 round strip clip if you really need to.[/SUB]
    Having a magazine-fed machinegun is like having a testarossa with a two stroke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1307
    March 2009
    311 Posts
    new one :D

me was boring...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1308
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts

me was boring...
    That is very nice! Nice work. Though you need to suspension.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #1309
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    873 Posts

me was boring...
    I agree with Red, and it's a bit too large. That being said, I really love the shape of that body.

Does anyone know exactly how much one gmod unit is in inches? Is it one or is it 3/4 of an inch?

30. Post #1310

July 2008
    850 Posts
    another vtol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #1311
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    I agree with Red, and it's a bit too large. That being said, I really love the shape of that body.

Does anyone know exactly how much one gmod unit is in inches? Is it one or is it 3/4 of an inch?
    0.75in. source:https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...e_Calculations

ffffffff weld latches
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #1312
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    i don't have anything to post, last night i couldn't sleep at all because of this picture:

(warning, it's sfw, but just, creepY)
    http://xcd.xanga.com/2778503b675a026...b136034929.jpg

it's actually a phobia called trypophobia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #1313
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,487 Posts
    Still not being let down by failures like the Bugatti Veyron, in which I got to about 1000 props half ways, or the Mustang which was just iffy, I got something right. I think. Crappy pictures because I don't have time for pretty at the moment.

Edited:

I feel like an arse for not finishing the Veyron after I posted pictures of the bumper but it just wasn't going to work. My computer went to 40 FPS when I looked at it, half ways.
    I don't know how you made it as perfect as you did, but you made it pretty damn perfect.

Edited:

Maybe for maps, but everything else is 1 unit = 12 inches. Didn't we go over all this a few months ago?

34. Post #1314
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    i don't have anything to post, last night i couldn't sleep at all because of this picture:

(warning, it's sfw, but just, creepY)
    http://xcd.xanga.com/2778503b675a026...b136034929.jpg

it's actually a phobia called trypophobia
    I've seen that. Weird shit.

Maybe for maps, but everything else is 1 unit = 12 inches. Didn't we go over all this a few months ago?
    Horseradish!

So, I was dicking around in single player again bored, and I made this squat little dickblock. 20 tons, damn fine armor, and a 75. Low as fuck. Been tinkering iwth it, tried unsuccessfully a variant with asupine driver's position that had insanely massively trollytough frontal armor (ran out of rounds trying to pen it, and this carries enough ammo to besiege Sevastopol).

The videos are kind of inspired by the "tank shop" videos. Good stuff. They're fun to make too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #1315
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    873 Posts
    That does not sound likely... I made a Range Rover with 1 inch being 1 gmu and it just seemed way too small. I'll try making it 1/3 larger, at least that would be correct according to Red's link.

36. Post #1316
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,487 Posts
    That does not sound likely... I made a Range Rover with 1 inch being 1 gmu and it just seemed way too small. I'll try making it 1/3 larger, at least that would be correct according to Red's link.
    What you said makes no sense. Go look at the chart again. It states very clearly in plain text that one source length unit is equal to twelve imperial inches. let's not be contradictory.

37. Post #1317
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    873 Posts
    What you said makes no sense. Go look at the chart again. It states very clearly in plain text that one source length unit is equal to twelve imperial inches. let's not be contradictory.
    Not source length...

Code:
    Map Grid    Imperial    Metric

1  =   0.75"   =   0.01905
    while
    Code:
    1 skybox grid unit = 1 ft
    Meaning that one map grid a.k.a 1 gmu is equal to 0.75 inches meaning I will need to make my landie 1/3 larger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

38. Post #1318
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,487 Posts
    Not source length...

Code:
    Map Grid    Imperial    Metric

1  =   0.75"   =   0.01905
    while
    Code:
    1 skybox grid unit = 1 ft
    Meaning that one map grid a.k.a 1 gmu is equal to 0.75 inches meaning I will need to make my landie 1/3 larger.
    So, the map is made to 1unit=0.75in. Yay. Players are measured as 1ft=12units. Is something not clear here? Unless you want your Land Rover disproportionate to the player models using it, this should be a pretty simple concept to understand.

39. Post #1319
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    oh here we go, going to tell you all to shut the fuck up about 1 unit = .75in while you're ahead

everything in HL2 was modeled and mapped on the basis of 1 unit = 1 inch. player is 72 inches tall, 6 feet, which is average human size.

all phx models are based on 1 unit = 1 inch as well

don't even try this argument i've done it a million times before

i wilL eND YOU
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #1320
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,487 Posts
    oh here we go, going to tell you all to shut the fuck up about 1 unit = .75in while you're ahead

everything in HL2 was modeled and mapped on the basis of 1 unit = 1 inch. player is 72 inches tall, 6 feet, which is average human size.

all phx models are based on 1 unit = 1 inch as well

don't even try this argument i've done it a million times before

i wilL eND YOU
    Thanks muchly. I didn't want to have to get into it.

Also, why are PHX blocks not quite 12 units? they're like 11.948 or something, and it's really annoying. Superflat and the Robotics bits are all 12, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)