1. Post #1481
    May 2007
    173 Posts
    Srs I'm kinda lazy to finish this up. Motivate me.

Ughghhh pageking

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #1482
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    I'm stumped on how to continue this...any ideas?
    Build small VTOL bomber.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1483
    November 2011
    4,740 Posts
    A DPV(ish) Buggy.

I still need to add a lot of details. But at least it drives.
    You gotta add a .50 caliber M2 Browning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

4. Post #1484
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,802 Posts

And an Icelandic passenger wearing Opfor garb and wielding C4.*

*80s music optional.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #1485
    May 2005
    16 Posts
    Burger Paul approved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #1486
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,486 Posts
    Burger Paul approved.
    BirgirPall. At least spell it right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #1487
    May 2005
    16 Posts
    I'd rather stick to Burger Paul
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEUYE6adbEg&t=38s

The french version is also very catchy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #1488
    November 2011
    4,740 Posts
    BirgirPall. At least spell it right.
    the joke

your head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #1489
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    Srs I'm kinda lazy to finish this up. Motivate me.

Ughghhh pageking

This is full of awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #1490
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts
    Here's the start of a cruiser I'm working on. Please don't laugh too hard, as it's basically my first non-SBEP thing and it's not got any decoration yet.

Now, the problem is I have no idea how to finish the glass on the bridge. It's gotta look acceptable from both inside and outside, and I can't seem to get anywhere without horrendous clipping. Here's some more pics if you actually want a closer look.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #1491
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,944 Posts
    Better than anything I've made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #1492
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts

Well, that is a quality drawing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #1493
    August 2011
    157 Posts
    Lol, i was bored and thought "why not?". Eventually it took off at 646 mph and crashed into the wall, then glitched into it, lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #1494
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Motivate me.

Dat r gorjuz. I suck at planes and helis. I mean just look at this--I forgot a fucking tail rotor!

I suck so bad at prop i had to use holo to get the rotors to mesh and the controls to work.

Shit shit shit i'm missing something on the rear argghhh.

Oh god what are these lines and numbers make them stop!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #1495
    Gold Member

January 2012
    24 Posts
    Lol, i was bored and thought "why not?". Eventually it took off at 646 mph and crashed into the wall, then glitched into it, lol.
    Hah! Awesome

I'm definitely a new guy here, so here's a new guy question:

What exactly is going on inside the tube props? (The much smaller flat props all lined up.)

How are you getting the power from the ACF components down to the ground, as well as keeping your course as straight as you had it. It seems every time a apply a bit too much power to my vehicles, using ACF, they go squirrely almost immediately after the power is delivered.

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #1496

February 2010
    40 Posts

Dat r gorjuz. I suck at planes and helis. I mean just look at this--I forgot a fucking tail rotor!
    1, Awesome song pick.
    2, If those blades are contra-rotating, then you don't need a tail rotor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #1497
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    1, Awesome song pick.
    2, If those blades are contra-rotating, then you don't need a tail rotor.
    1.) thank you! I thought it fit with that damn fine bomber
    2.)

18. Post #1498
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,802 Posts
    Hah! Awesome

I'm definitely a new guy here, so here's a new guy question:

What exactly is going on inside the tube props? (The much smaller flat props all lined up.)

How are you getting the power from the ACF components down to the ground, as well as keeping your course as straight as you had it. It seems every time a apply a bit too much power to my vehicles, using ACF, they go squirrely almost immediately after the power is delivered.

Thanks!
    I've seen that thing in person on GME Build. Driven it even. The radial is turning a small square prop at the back, which is ballsocketed to those thin props. Those are then finned, and act as propellors. The wheels do not transmit power to the ground at all, and are only there to hold it up and aim it. Once you open the throttle it goes in whatever direction it happens to be pointed barring a crash.

It's hilariously scary to be on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #1499
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,486 Posts
    The thin plates cannot be fin'd, as they're perpedicular to direction of travel, meaning they aren't acting as propellers at all. The only thing I could guess is that the propeller tool was used. If that is the case, no drag is being introduced on the propeller, or the engine for that matter. Might as well use applyForce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #1500
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    At last. I finnished it! After 1 day of hard work my baby works! I present you...

NOT A VTOL!

Peugeot Nautic Motorboat.

Half a car, half a boat. Powered by an ACF engine, has two gearboxes. When it's in water it directs power to screw propeller made from fins. 50km/h on dry land, 20km/h in water.

(Reason I builed it is i've grew tired of trying make VTOL fly stable)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 21Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #1501
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,486 Posts
    If I could rate winner more than once I'd rate winner twice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #1502
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts
    Assuming anyone was actually capable of looking at my WIP without projectile vomiting, no need to offer advice, cause I just discovered PA's Align 2 Lines function, the best thing before sliced props!

Just need to finish it up, add the frame, mount it on the ship and I'll be set.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #1503

April 2011
    33 Posts
    ----- Big Spoiler out of my Garage -----
    Since i have been gone for quite a while i will make it up with you guys with photo's of my recent work.

Type-32 Super Heavy[WIP]
    Tons: 111.423 (111 tons)
    Turret Armor: 100/100/100/20
    Hull Armor : 150/100/60/30
    ACF Engine : V12 Diesel
    Armnament : Main 120mm HEAT shells & Coaxial 14.5mm AP rounds
    Top speed : 65 KM/H

More:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/htd728.jpg
    http://i49.tinypic.com/kayyq.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U-boat Mark VIIB
    Tons: 769 tons
    Hull Armor : 70/70/70/70
    ACF Engine : Quad V12 Diesel engine
    Armnament : Main 50mm Flak cannon firing 8.8 measured APHE shells & Anti-air 20mm HMG AP rounds.
    Top speed : 10 Knots

Edit: The Junkers Ju 87 has been my first attempt on a plane and i will soon release pictures of the finished version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #1504
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    Aren't 100+Km/h too mutch for a 100+t tank?

Edit: Where to post ACF bugs?

Cant scroll down to see penetration value.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

25. Post #1505

April 2011
    33 Posts
    Aren't 100+Km/h too mutch for a 100+t tank?
    My fault, should have been KM/H
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

26. Post #1506
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,598 Posts
    Was working on this but gave up due to how curved the sides on this car are. Think I'll try and use visclip on it so I can get the sides better without using that many props, but we'll see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

27. Post #1507
    July 2010
    74 Posts
    After a short break from gmod I'm back with prop heavy car bodies.(This one already has 65)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Lithuania Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #1508
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,915 Posts
    Was working on this but gave up due to how curved the sides on this car are. Think I'll try and use visclip on it so I can get the sides better without using that many props, but we'll see.
    All my winners.
    Take them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

29. Post #1509
    July 2010
    2,465 Posts
    If anyone's wondering where my server is (The Pacistan Sandbox) it's moved to a new location with better pings and more stability.

Ip is 94.242.227.3:27015
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #1510
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,944 Posts
    If anyone's wondering where my server is (The Pacistan Sandbox) it's moved to a new location with better pings and more stability.

Ip is 94.242.227.3:27015
    Can you help me? I appear to be lost. I was looking for the WIP thread, not the server advertising thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #1511
    July 2010
    2,465 Posts
    Can you help me? I appear to be lost. I was looking for the WIP thread, not the server advertising thread.
    A decent part of the users active in this thread are active on my server.

Edit:

The server is currently lacking content from other games (CSS, TF2, etc...) This will change as soon as our host has fixed all problems regarding the server relocation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1512

April 2012
    11 Posts
    Assuming anyone was actually capable of looking at my WIP without projectile vomiting, no need to offer advice, cause I just discovered PA's Align 2 Lines function, the best thing before sliced props!

Just need to finish it up, add the frame, mount it on the ship and I'll be set.
    I've been attempting a similar kind of frame, could I bother you to explain what this 'Align 2 Lines' magic is?
    I assume PA is precision alignment, but I have no idea how to use that except for mirroring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #1513
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts
    I've been attempting a similar kind of frame, could I bother you to explain what this 'Align 2 Lines' magic is?
    I assume PA is precision alignment, but I have no idea how to use that except for mirroring.
    It is indeed PA!

Align 2 Lines is easier to use than it seems. You just need to make a line on the edges of the props you want to connect, select one prop, choose the "Rotation Functions" tab, and join them as if you were moving props by a point.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

34. Post #1514
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,168 Posts

North Korean Self-Propelled Artillery.

Finally figured out how to install ACF. I've been missing out my entire life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #1515
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    ----- Big Spoiler out of my Garage -----
    Since i have been gone for quite a while i will make it up with you guys with photo's of my recent work.

Type-32 Super Heavy[WIP]
    Tons: 111.423 (111 tons)
    Turret Armor: 100/100/100/20
    Hull Armor : 150/100/60/30
    ACF Engine : V12 Diesel
    Armnament : Main 120mm HEAT shells & Coaxial 14.5mm AP rounds
    Top speed : 65 KM/H

More:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/htd728.jpg
    http://i49.tinypic.com/kayyq.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U-boat Mark VIIB
    Tons: 769 tons
    Hull Armor : 70/70/70/70
    ACF Engine : Quad V12 Diesel engine
    Armnament : Main 50mm Flak cannon firing 8.8 measured APHE shells & Anti-air 20mm HMG AP rounds.
    Top speed : 10 Knots

Edit: The Junkers Ju 87 has been my first attempt on a plane and i will soon release pictures of the finished version.
    why that tank looks awfully fucking familiar.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #1516

July 2008
    850 Posts
    what the hell is going on here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #1517
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    well i thoguht it actually WAS my tank and i was a little buttupset but his tank takes ideas from my typhoon and 140 gmc, i'm cool with that

38. Post #1518

April 2012
    11 Posts
    It is indeed PA!

Align 2 Lines is easier to use than it seems. You just need to make a line on the edges of the props you want to connect, select one prop, choose the "Rotation Functions" tab, and join them as if you were moving props by a point.

Awesome thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #1519
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    i mean damn, i'm all for people getting ideas off shit, but he fucking tried to replicate my damn tank right down to the fucking hooks on the glacis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

40. Post #1520
    November 2011
    4,740 Posts
    i mean damn, i'm all for people getting ideas off shit, but he fucking tried to replicate my damn tank right down to the fucking hooks on the glacis
    you should sue him for copyright infringement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)