1. Post #1921

March 2011
    37 Posts
    looks too long and thin and the wings are just rectangles
    I agree that it's too long, I made the main part of it a long time ago, tried to make it look better by buffing it out but still looking streamlined, but its not one of my best planes. The wings are rectangles because of how restricting making the air foil shape was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1922
    Contron's Favourite Foxy
    May 2007
    1,267 Posts
    I have wiremod and it seems fully up to date. It comes up with a window each time I start the map, and when I check version it says it's up to date. Unless I've missed something.
    Try spawning it at original angles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #1923
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,312 Posts
    Try spawning it at original angles?
    Still gives me the same problem. It's missing a few models due to lack of DOD, but from what I see it's just small bits and pieces and shouldn't make the model go totally nuts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #1924
    Contron's Favourite Foxy
    May 2007
    1,267 Posts
    Still gives me the same problem. It's missing a few models due to lack of DOD, but from what I see it's just small bits and pieces and shouldn't make the model go totally nuts.
    That's very strange. Here, have the E2 and update the chip on the tank before unfreezing her, as it may be an outdated chip making her too light for the ACF and other body props:
    Download it here

You can also just view it as it's frozen if you wish.

Also I finished all the wheel mechanisms and did some hull work, 242 props:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

5. Post #1925
    January 2012
    179 Posts
    Wow, very nice "tank" start :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events

6. Post #1926
    May 2011
    289 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1927

July 2008
    850 Posts
    now what plane might that be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #1928
    May 2011
    289 Posts
    now what plane might that be
    I was going for a wing and tail design of the F/A-18, but really I'm just building it freely without reference.

9. Post #1929
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    I think I managed to finish my first modern tank. I have choosen WPB Anders, newest creation of Polish engineers. Weighs 30 tons, accelerates to 65 km/h (40mph), climbs up to 60 degrees.

(yeah, I stole the driver protection from Amplar)

And another version with experimental armament, which is twelve 120mm mortars:

And here is my current WIP:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #1930
    December 2008
    1,483 Posts

40t - 120mm

38t - 120mm AL

62t - 120mm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

11. Post #1931
    May 2011
    1,092 Posts
    All of this stuff is so cool looking!

I'm still fiddling with wiremod - first thing I want to make is a little buddy robot with a bunch of superfluous dials and lights all over him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #1932
    March 2009
    351 Posts
    made a little script for server owners.
    with this script, acf engines getting hot, make heatwave burn and explode by high rpm
    (should work, bugs included.. )
    http://pastebin.com/zdwQkVpW

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #1933
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Why? WW2 engines were mostly air cooled. And real engines don't behave like that unless they don't have oil/water-if-water-cooled, or they're Dongfengs. Amusing and an A for effort but kind of pointless.

Very relevant shit. If you cannot see HEAT penetration values in your slider menu, I have tracked down the reason. You need to have a very high screen resolution (1280x960 or more usually). Any resolution under like 800 in height does not render it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #1934
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    mostly air cooled? american engines were the only engines to be air cooled iirc, specifically the radials and continental V12s (which wasn't really used in much), and the radials were only used on the early marks of the sherman and stuarts (hellcat used them allthroughout though, and all american tanks that used radials had cooling problems)
    maybachs were all liquid cooled, as well as russian V2 v12s

Edited:

Why? WW2 engines were mostly air cooled. And real engines don't behave like that unless they don't have oil/water-if-water-cooled, or they're Dongfengs. Amusing and an A for effort but kind of pointless.

Very relevant shit. If you cannot see HEAT penetration values in your slider menu, I have tracked down the reason. You need to have a very high screen resolution (1280x960 or more usually). Any resolution under like 800 in height does not render it.
    fucking tgi won't work on things i tell him to and i feel like i'm walking on eggshells with sestze.

NEED MORE CODERS

Edited:

also that engine stuff is novel, but doesn't quite fit realism or ease of use in acf. large engines can usually be kept at the redline because they're low-rpm and governed, and usually liquid cooled. Other things will go wrong before it overheats.

i recommend you don't make the engine explode; just make it turn off and color itself black until you fix it with an acf torch or something, and make it smoke, not set on fire
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1935
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,062 Posts
    I'd be working on it if the guys at HP didn't scrub my entire computer to replace a fan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1936
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,985 Posts
    hp is bad bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1937
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    also that engine stuff is novel, but doesn't quite fit realism or ease of use in acf. large engines can usually be kept at the redline because they're low-rpm and governed, and usually liquid cooled. Other things will go wrong before it overheats.

i recommend you don't make the engine explode; just make it turn off and color itself black until you fix it with an acf torch or something, and make it smoke, not set on fire +1
    was speaking more in general, not specifically tank engines. A lot of small motors had air cooling, at least a lot more than nowadays. The dark days before widespread use of permanent antifreeze, good cooling system seals, and high-quality sodium-cooled valves.

It looks like a headache, not an interesting feature and certainly not realistic. My 2 cents. It would have place if you had like a nox setup, or an engine iwth some insane P/w ratio, but for general use it's really quite pointless.

Edited:

hp is bad bro
    I just got a new one and I like it. My toshiba's case fell the fuck apart in less than a year. I could pull the keyboard off without hand tools and carried my flash drive under the speaker's casing.

18. Post #1938
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,985 Posts
    Dunno, maybe their laptops are fine. HP printers are horribad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1939
    May 2007
    176 Posts
    Hoping for a wider range of engines soon. More low-mid powered engines would be nice for all kinds of stuff.

3.7l is the best all-round engine for cars but needs more engines with similar weight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #1940
    Contron's Favourite Foxy
    May 2007
    1,267 Posts
    Update, tank now has two sides and the beginning of a body.

I'm feeling rather good about this project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

21. Post #1941
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,572 Posts
    I figured that everyone here built their own computers. Guess I was wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #1942
    November 2009
    2,115 Posts
    I build my own
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #1943
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    i did too

24. Post #1944
    June 2011
    28 Posts
    i did not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #1945
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    I have no need to. If it plays gmod and I can write papers and watch movies on it, it's enough.

26. Post #1946

October 2011
    281 Posts
    Build your own or go home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1947
    I built mine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #1948
    January 2012
    179 Posts

How many props is this? :o about 1 000 ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events

29. Post #1949
    August 2009
    1,153 Posts
    Too many.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #1950
    Tumornator
    August 2010
    1,275 Posts
    Let's play guess the tank!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iran, Islamic Republic of Show Events

31. Post #1951
    December 2008
    1,483 Posts
    tigger

32. Post #1952
    Tumornator
    August 2010
    1,275 Posts
    Nope! :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iran, Islamic Republic of Show Events

33. Post #1953

April 2011
    33 Posts
    @Kebab

M4 Sherman tank.

Edit:

M4A1 Sherman tank. The other Shermans had their pipes etc exposed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #1954
    September 2011
    6 Posts
    sherman
    Edit
    why am late all the time :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #1955
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    no guide pin, so midwar model.

36. Post #1956
    Contron's Favourite Foxy
    May 2007
    1,267 Posts
    How many props is this? :o about 1 000 ?
    It's at 495 in that picture.

Gonna do some more work on it once L4D finishes downloading I think, I'm gonna try and keep to bodywork under 1000 props if possible, but then I'm collaborating with someone to build the interior so that may go up some more.

By the way, it's going to be able to move. Slowly.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1957
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    it will RSO like fuckall.

38. Post #1958
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    how the fuck is that 495 props my god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #1959
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts

Do a thorough search between general construction and useful and explosive. I bet you can build that for about half the props.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1960
    Contron's Favourite Foxy
    May 2007
    1,267 Posts
    Do a thorough search between general construction and useful and explosive. I bet you can build that for about half the props.
    The ratte has six individual tracks. Each with mechanisms built into them for running it. That's three times the amount of wheels, axles etc that you would need on a normal tank. Not only that, but it's huge and the amount of wheels, axles and suspension details needed to fill it in like I did really used a lot of props.

The bodywork uses rather minimal amounts of props in comparison to those tracks and I have used the largest props possible everywhere possible for the bodywork to ensure that it keeps the rest of the prop limit down. In fact, the bodywork uses the x32 props from useful and explosive, which are pretty much the biggest things out there.

You could do it for less props, but I didn't want the huge ass tracks you're going to see full on when standing next to the tank looking rather cheap and quickly done. That's why they took so long and used so many props.

These are the two sides of a huge tank. They should make up 2/3 of the tank when it comes to bodywork.
    In all honesty, it was never going to be a low prop contraption, there is already a P1000 ratte on garrymod.org that uses far far less props than this and I wasn't going for that.
       I even said to my friend Derak who will be helping with the interior even before I started work on it that server will have to ban their admins from spawning it when it's released, because it will be damn laggy when not in it's standard freeze-latch configuration when it is still.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)