1. Post #2161
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    Sorry for posting this here but it seems no one visits the acf thread anymore and since most of you here use ACF I was thinking maybe you could help me with this?

When I spawn an engine or something it's invisible when I look directly at it missiles make my ACF menu completely disappear.

Also errors spam everywhere..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #2162
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,837 Posts
    Missiles aren't in yet, make sure you're using the right svn repository.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #2163
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    Missiles aren't in yet, make sure you're using the right svn repository.
    This? http://acf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #2164
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    Yeah but it helps retards like us who aren't E2 gods to make a decent engine. If I make a car it doesn't rely on e2 too much, like literally all it does is control the throttle, steering and gear selection. Think about it from that perspective.
    WITH SLIDERS AND THRUSTERS YOU NOOB >.< PISTON ENGINES ARE THE ANSWER TO THIS
    acf is good for nooby lil shit like driving around thinking you know EVERYTHING about engines in real life when really its just a video game. at the end of the day your not some italian grease monkey nommin on a hogey in a garage. you a zitty child in front of a computer and when you slap that acf engine o your car and weld it there your like ZOMFGOMOMBBQSAUCE I MADE AN ENGINE!!! I MUST POST TO FACEPUNCH!!! PEOPLE BE IMPRESSED WITH MUH SKEELZ!!! and the reason people use apply angle/torque is to make it realisticly powerful. who the hell makes a car and doesnt want it realistic. im just sayin acf is nooby as hoverballs and dragging mossman behind a jalopy

applytorque is only acceptable for crawling.

thank you thats my argument.

Edited:

While I know the creator's will probably rip off my head and shit down my neck, I think that ACF should have a custom engine maker. Like a separate engine that you can modify to your own needs. Weight, power, torque all that lovely shit, so we don't have to complain about not having the right engine for what we need.

A stretch, but I think it would help out car builders alot.
    they do its called piston engines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #2165
    April 2011
    8,185 Posts
    Woah woah dude, let's not go full intolerant retard.

ACF engines exist and are popular for a variety of reasons. It's not like I'd ever build anything powered with them - I prefer slider engines - but it makes it easier for people without engineering degree to build contraptions.

My opinion on the topic of engines (and gmod engineering in general) is: Each to his own. You can make a bathub car with wheel tool and run it about if you want to, I'm not going to yell at you for how nooby it is. If you claim it to be better than piston engines, go ahead. Gmod is a sandbox game, there's no goal. There are no "proper" ways to play it. You can do whatever you like, if you find it fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #2166
    June 2011
    28 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

7. Post #2167
    April 2011
    310 Posts
    1. You didn't need to rage.
    2. I'm not a noob for using ACF for my cars. Just because YOU think I'm a noob, doesn't mean I am.
    2a. Noobs are people who use ACF without the slightest clue of how it works.
    3. Piston engines, fucking suck. I have tried a few engines from people, and they just suck badly. Not too mention they lag the entire server when used. They mess up VERY easily and are not too reliable for really anything. I don't really care if I'm "doing it wrong" or whatever it is you're going to justify the use of them for.

ACF has never done me wrong and I'd like to keep using it.

Next time you have want to rage on here, have a valid reason, or at least one that's correct.

Thank you, and have a nice day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2168
    April 2011
    8,185 Posts
    Hey people.

Hey.

Can't we just calm down.

And not yell at each other for liking different things?

I mean, these childish arguments about nothing at all really are getting ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #2169
    August 2009
    1,185 Posts
    acf is good for nooby lil shit like driving around thinking you know EVERYTHING about engines in real life when really its just a video game. at the end of the day your not some italian grease monkey nommin on a hogey in a garage. you a zitty child in front of a computer and when you slap that acf engine o your car and weld it there your like ZOMFGOMOMBBQSAUCE I MADE AN ENGINE!!! I MUST POST TO FACEPUNCH!!! PEOPLE BE IMPRESSED WITH MUH SKEELZ!!! and the reason people use apply angle/torque is to make it realisticly powerful. who the hell makes a car and doesnt want it realistic. im just sayin acf is nooby as hoverballs and dragging mossman behind a jalopy

Lol.

Face it, "piston" engines are good for two things; working poorly, and lagging servers, and with your history of horribly inefficient prop use, I sure hope you don't strap thruster engines on your cars in multiplayer. Acf is good for people who want some sort of standard to go by(for comparison/competitions and whatnot), or judging from the replies I got earlier, those who don't have the time/knowledge to code their own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #2170
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,837 Posts
    ACF engines give me a lovely engine roar, useful output power and a target to hit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #2171
    January 2009
    3,913 Posts
    My way of playing in a sandbox is better than your way
    Like in terms of lag, some things are worse, sure. That's why singleplayer exists.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2172
    April 2011
    8,185 Posts
    Not to start a flame war or something, but thruster engines used to be accepted before acf quite well. People usually had a couple of them spawned on a single server at once, nobody complained.

These days, I don't really have the balls to spawn a thruster engine car dupe anywhere...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2173
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,707 Posts

Chenowth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #2174
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    if one were to determine what attributes
    the noobs share with a beast, it would be
    that of the rat.
    Now the Fuhrer and Gobbles propaganda
    have said pretty much the same thing.
    Where our conclusions differ, is I don't
    consider the comparison a insult.
    Consider for a moment, the world a rat
    lives in. It's a hostile world indeed.
    If a rat were to scamper through your
    front door right now, would you greet it
    with hostility?

Has a rat ever done anything to you to create this animosity you feel toward them?
    Rat's spread disease, they bite people -

- Unless some fool is stupid enough to
    try and handle a live one, rats don't
    make it a practise of biting human beings.
    Rats were the cause of the bubonic plague,
    but that was some time ago. In all your
    born days, has a rat ever caused you to
    be sick a day in your life? I purpose to
    you, any disease a rat could spread,
    a acf user could equally carry.
    Yet I assume you don't share the same
    animosity with noobs that you do with
    rats, do you?

no you dont

Yet, they are both rodent's, are they
    not? And except for the fact that one
    has a big bushy tail, while the other
    has a long repugnt tail of rodent skin, and the wheel tool,
    they even rather look alike, don't they?

yes they do, dont even try to argue with me

What a tremendously hostile world a rat
    must endure. Yet, not only does he
    survive, he thrives. And the reason for
    this, is because our little foe has a
    instinct for survival and preservation
    second to none. And that Monsieur, is
    what a noob shares with a rat.
    Consequently, a gmod soldier, conducts
    a search of a server suspected of hiding
    noobs. Where does the hawk look? He looks
    in the barn, he looks in the attic,
    he looks in the cellar - he looks
    everywhere, he would hide. But there are
    many places it would never occur to a
    hawk to hide. However the reason the
    Fuhrer brought me off my Alps in Austria,
    and placed me in Facepunch threads today,
    is because it does occur to me. Because
    I'm aware what tremendous feats human
    beings are capable of once they abandon
    dignity.

!!!Tötet alle nooben!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #2175
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,707 Posts
    Wha- I'm so confused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #2176
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    Lol.

Face it, "piston" engines are good for two things; working poorly, and lagging servers, and with your history of horribly inefficient prop use, I sure hope you don't strap thruster engines on your cars in multiplayer. Acf is good for people who want some sort of standard to go by(for comparison/competitions and whatnot), or judging from the replies I got earlier, those who don't have the time/knowledge to code their own.
    looks better than your hon :>
    but no sure they lag a little bit more but th reason i steer twoards them is this

if you where given the choice between a car with a piston angine and one with acf slapped on it with the weld tool, which one would you pick? the piston of course, simply because it involves more engeneering. it takes more skill to make a piston engine than slapping acf engines on the base of your car. dont get me wrong acf is an amazing addon which has its uses for testing chassis for me, but still

how do you use hoverballs
    slappem on with weld, wirem up
    how do you use acf

surely temple you can see where im coming from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

17. Post #2177
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,707 Posts
    looks better than your hon :>
    Do you even realize how dumb you're being?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #2178
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    Do you even realize how dumb you're being?
    yes its intoxicating isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

19. Post #2179
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    [sub]if one were to determine what attributes
    the noobs share with a beast, it would be
    that of the rat.
    Now the Fuhrer and Gobbles propaganda
    have said pretty much the same thing.
    Where our conclusions differ, is I don't
    consider the comparison a insult.
    Consider for a moment, the world a rat
    lives in. It's a hostile world indeed.
    If a rat were to scamper through your
    front door right now, would you greet it
    with hostility?

Has a rat ever done anything to you to create this animosity you feel toward them?
    Rat's spread disease, they bite people -

- Unless some fool is stupid enough to
    try and handle a live one, rats don't
    make it a practise of biting human beings.
    Rats were the cause of the bubonic plague,
    but that was some time ago. In all your
    born days, has a rat ever caused you to
    be sick a day in your life? I purpose to
    you, any disease a rat could spread,
    a acf user could equally carry.
    Yet I assume you don't share the same
    animosity with noobs that you do with
    rats, do you?

no you dont

Yet, they are both rodent's, are they
    not? And except for the fact that one
    has a big bushy tail, while the other
    has a long repugnt tail of rodent skin, and the wheel tool,
    they even rather look alike, don't they? [stupid unrelated pics]

yes they do, dont even try to argue with me

What a tremendously hostile world a rat
    must endure. Yet, not only does he
    survive, he thrives. And the reason for
    this, is because our little foe has a
    instinct for survival and preservation
    second to none. And that Monsieur, is
    what a noob shares with a rat.
    Consequently, a gmod soldier, conducts
    a search of a server suspected of hiding
    noobs. Where does the hawk look? He looks
    in the barn, he looks in the attic,
    he looks in the cellar - he looks
    everywhere, he would hide. But there are
    many places it would never occur to a
    hawk to hide. However the reason the
    Fuhrer brought me off my Alps in Austria,
    and placed me in French cow country today,
    is because it does occur to me. Because
    I'm aware what tremendous feats human
    beings are capable of once they abandon
    dignity.

!!!Tötet alle nooben!!![/sub]
    wat
    zeos, grow a thicker skin

Chill the fuck out people. Act like adults. It's a video game. By the way, nice Chenowth Mr. Donut King.

20. Post #2180
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    wat

Chill the fuck out people. Act like adults. It's a video game. By the way, nice Chenowth Mr. Donut King.

i am acting like an adult, a german adult who was played by Christoph Waltz in character as col. hanz landa form inglorious bastards. :|

ever seen that movie? shit was cash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

21. Post #2181
    December 2010
    352 Posts
    That makes no sense whatsoever. So tell me, where does acf draw its power, if not from magic? The mobility components are coded entities with specific limitations. Its no different than coding your own with e2, in fact acf is rather pointless in that regard.

You missed the point, I meant that a chip can just be turned up in power whenever you want. In acf you have to use an engine with certain amounts of power/torque.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2182
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    You missed the point, I meant that a chip can just be turned up in power whenever you want. In acf you have to use an engine with certain amounts of power/torque.
    pretty sure he hit the nail on the head while your over here spurtin out arguments like a post op transvestite preggo.

i didnt mean that i just wanted to use it in a sentence. but the nail on the head part was real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

23. Post #2183
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,707 Posts
    pretty sure he hit the nail on the head while your over here spurtin out arguments like a post op transvestite preggo.

i didnt mean that i just wanted to use it in a sentence. but the nail on the head part was real.
    Man, look at you go! I just cannot get over how dumb you're being! If I had known this was going to be a show, I would have paid for popcorn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #2184
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    trolling, are we?

25. Post #2185
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    Man, look at you go! I just cannot get over how dumb you're being! If I had known this was going to be a show, I would have paid for popcorn.
    well if you have some in the pantry i guess :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

26. Post #2186
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,624 Posts
    And I'm back from my vacation! Time to continue work on the 600.

Edited:

oh god im away for 15 days and some of the first I see is people calling eacother transvestite preggos and that ACF was hoverballs :wtc:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #2187
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    And I'm back from my vacation! Time to continue work on the 600.

Edited:

oh god im away for 15 days and some of the first I see is people calling eacother transvestite preggos and that ACF was hoverballs :wtc:
    OOOH OOOH *raises hand and shakes it* THAT WAS ME!!!

28. Post #2188
    December 2010
    352 Posts
    how do you use hoverballs
    how do you use acf
    Hoverballs dont have rpm ranges and torque ratings :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #2189
    May 2007
    176 Posts

Edited:

they do its called piston engines
    If acf is as noobish and easy as you said, why were you saying it's too difficult to understand and you gave up learning it when I was trying to teach you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events Zing Zing x 5Winner Winner x 3 (list)

30. Post #2190
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    Hoverballs dont have rpm ranges and torque ratings :|
    it was the concept of welding to the chassi and wiring it up that i was focussing on. nowhere in the metaphor do i say ANYTHING about rpms :| and when i say hoverballs i mean wire hoverballs and if you assumed the opposite then consider it a system of numpad outputs and REGULAR hoverballs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

31. Post #2191
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,707 Posts
    OOOH OOOH *raises hand and shakes it* THAT WAS ME!!!
    Stop. Stop being such a fucking moron. You're making yourself look like an idiot. You had potential, at least I thought, when I saw your 4x4 in action, and then you go off saying that ACF is noobish when it's the widely accepted method of making vehicles work in these forums. ACF is NOTHING like slapping hoverballs on something and calling it a plane like you claim. You probably tried learning it and couldn't understand how it worked. Stop telling people that the way they build is noobish compared to your way, because it makes you look like a fucking moron.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #2192
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    Stop. Stop being such a fucking moron. You're making yourself look like an idiot. You had potential, at least I thought, when I saw your 4x4 in action, and then you go off saying that ACF is noobish when it's the widely accepted method of making vehicles work in these forums. ACF is NOTHING like slapping hoverballs on something and calling it a plane like you claim. You probably tried learning it and couldn't understand how it worked. Stop telling people that the way they build is noobish compared to your way, because it makes you look like a fucking moron.
    ARE YOU MAD SON?!?!?

vidjeo tiemz :D

(User was banned for this post ("Shitpost" - Ninja101))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

33. Post #2193
    August 2009
    1,185 Posts
    Beautiful poem, maybe you can recite it to me whilst wearing your cat costume.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #2194
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Troll elsewhere, kibbles.

35. Post #2195
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    Beautiful poem, maybe you can recite it to me whilst wearing your cat costume.
    malamute btw and i didn't write it sir, those where direct quotes from the script of inglorious bastards.
    but thanks anyways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #2196
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,624 Posts
    you guys are making me post emergency content of how much progress that has happened before I went on vacation on the 600 (now stop the dickery).

that little grill was an estimated 76 props which is a bit fascinating because it's within like 2x1 feet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2197
    July 2012
    74 Posts
    [QUOTE=Jackpody;36980720]you guys are making me post emergency content of how much progress that has happened before I went on vacation on the 600 (now stop the dickery).

thats nice <.< good curves

Edited:

If acf is as noobish and easy as you said, why were you saying it's too difficult to understand and you gave up learning it when I was trying to teach you?
    thx for the e2 hon i only use acf for testing my chassis

Edited:

final post to end the argument.
    i didnt even pay attention if i wired it up correctly or not, fux if i care, ur missing the point if you pay attention to that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #2198
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    883 Posts
    you guys are making me post emergency content of how much progress that has happened before I went on vacation on the 600 (now stop the dickery).

that little grill was an estimated 76 props which is a bit fascinating because it's within like 2x1 feet.
    Awesome dude! But how on earth are you planning to make it be able to survive on any server?

Stuff+Video
    Dude, now you're taking it too far, unless you want to be the newest hated player then stop. Your 4x4's were awesome, but don't think you can just
    come onto this server and spread your shit to everyone.

Serves you right being banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

39. Post #2199
    January 2012
    180 Posts
    "Kibblies <3:I apologise for the 4chan post seeing as though it was completely irrelevant but all i was doing is stating my opinion."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #2200

July 2008
    850 Posts
    "Kibblies <3:I apologise for the 4chan post seeing as though it was completely irrelevant but all i was doing is stating my opinion."
    i also state my opinions by posting long, page-stretching poems that have absolutely no relevance whatsoever, and by making the most batshit insane comparisons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)