1. Post #1201
    December 2011
    57 Posts
    You know, that floppy person came here on Facepunch because he/she needed help from us.
    He comes here and asks a constructive question and what do you do?
    You push him/her away from the community by giving him/her an un-constructive answer.
    As well as your response to my request... I already tried looking on youtube, but the tutorials I found weren't very good or what I was looking for.
    There are a few people on Facepunch willing to help but I am sorry to tell you but this is not the place to ask for help. Same for Floppy, someone could take the time to explain Expression 2 but in all likely hood, Floppy is a troll. The help section is a more appropriate place for help. Common sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #1202
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    guys, what's E2? I've seen it and it's a code. what do I do with it? people say it's very important but, how do I use it? do I put it in the console or should I add it to a lua code?
    Floppy, E2 is a phrase short for "expression 2". It's an in-game scripting language which works through wiremod which basically, in a nutshell, makes a wiremod computer and at the same time lets you apply force to an object. It does anything you can do with thrusters or wheels, and lets you create much more complex contraptions.
    If you go over to wiremod.com they have a number of good tutorials which, if you watch enough, you'll eventually pick it up with some trial and error. Released copies of code for various contraptions are also useful, as you can see how various people come up with solutions to complex problems. For a quick reference guide that even experienced players use, look here: http://wiki.wiremod.com/wiki/Expression_2

Can someone teach me how to make good mech legs or make a mech walk properly(as well as turn)? Like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/dMOirL2Z-JI?wmode=opaque
    There is a good tutorial very recently done by a forum member here.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 5Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

3. Post #1203
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,102 Posts
    Thank you very much RedReaper, much appreciation here.

Thanks again!

Also thank you Sestze for giving out the e2!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

4. Post #1204
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    5,069 Posts
    hi butler
    hows building? I kinda wanna do it again but I feel like with all this new stuff going around learning it all would be a pain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1205
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    thanks redreaper. you're the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

6. Post #1206
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,568 Posts
    Quick question to anyone out there that would know: As far as proper suspension setups, has anyone developed a proper physical anti-roll system? Sway bars? Anything of that sort?

I only ask because I think I may have come up with a viable solution and I wanted to make sure it hasn't been done yet so I don't make more of an ass out of myself than I already have.

7. Post #1207
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,613 Posts
    Back on my bus and firetruck thing, I used some simpleass E2 magic and a gyroscope to do antiroll. The suspension would constantly increase the length of the hydraulics if the car wasn't level. Uh sort of hard to explain but the suspension would increase / decrease the hydlength in order to level chassis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

8. Post #1208
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,568 Posts
    yeah, i did that a bit on my blue and white truck, but it didn't always work quite right, and it would run away if I got stuck somewhere and it couldn't level me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1209
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    guys is there water physics in garry's mod? so if I make a riot/swat car, it will shoot out water. can that be made?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

10. Post #1210
    November 2009
    2,115 Posts

I'm scary when I'm not fully lucid

11. Post #1211
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    guys is there water physics in garry's mod? so if I make a riot/swat car, it will shoot out water. can that be made?
    No. Although there is a thruster effect that imitates water so you could use it + your IMAGINATION to make riot/swat car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Poland Show Events

12. Post #1212
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,984 Posts
    hows building? I kinda wanna do it again but I feel like with all this new stuff going around learning it all would be a pain
    Nah, it's all pretty easy to get used to. Even though I still remain classy and simply don't really use most of the new stuff, lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

13. Post #1213
    March 2009
    351 Posts

Vid:

i think.. i call it "Musteng KlobbR"

P.S. :( AdvDupe2 wont apply debug/white material.. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #1214
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    hey how did you do it? the gta like action cam? and, also. good looking car right there

Edited:

lol, i havent seen the video yet so I thought it was the real action cam.... lol

Edited:

also, nice video quality. you didnt record using camstudio screen recorder. right?

15. Post #1215
    December 2011
    57 Posts
    Back on my bus and firetruck thing, I used some simpleass E2 magic and a gyroscope to do antiroll. The suspension would constantly increase the length of the hydraulics if the car wasn't level. Uh sort of hard to explain but the suspension would increase / decrease the hydlength in order to level chassis.
    That seems as close as you could get to an antiroll system. Maybe you could have physical limiters that act on props that have been attached to the wheels. Though simple hydraulics sound simpler and simplicity is the way to go in gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1216
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    that "musteng"

just

i would be banned for the things i wish to convey sorry :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1217
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Quick question to anyone out there that would know: As far as proper suspension setups, has anyone developed a proper physical anti-roll system? Sway bars? Anything of that sort?

I only ask because I think I may have come up with a viable solution and I wanted to make sure it hasn't been done yet so I don't make more of an ass out of myself than I already have.
    There are a lot of them.

Axis/slider a flat plate and then attaching elastics so as to drag the wheels to level with stretchy elastics (good for wishbones)
    Using rigid rope trailing or leading arms and putting elastics or rope between the wheels (simple but effective)
    The live axle roll bar I posted a vid of
    Using hydraulic suspension and making it so the hydraulics try to equalize the length between each other
    Any number of magicky E2 variations
    two rigid ropes and a solid axis or ball socket between them and then adv bsing the wheels to the body so that the wheels are forced to remain level wtiht he vehicle body (I do this alot now because wheel2 stuff with a high COG likes to roll like fuck)
    Sprung walking beams with an axis between them and ballsockets like above, so that the bogies can pivot forward and back, oscillate up and down, but can't twist. Actually made a few cars using this and one with an equalizing bar like a bulldozer's undercarriage. Shittons of suspension travel. Been using this system with track bogies for halftracks on and off for awhile, works great.

There's prolly some I'm forgetting which I've tried.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

18. Post #1218
    March 2009
    351 Posts
    hey how did you do it? the gta like action cam? and, also. good looking car right there

Edited:

lol, i havent seen the video yet so I thought it was the real action cam.... lol

Edited:

also, nice video quality. you didnt record using camstudio screen recorder. right?

Recorded with MSI Afterburner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #1219
    December 2011
    57 Posts
    Wait, you only have rear suspension on that "Mustang?" A V14 is quite the over kill and I almost don't believe it. Anywho, interesting design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

20. Post #1220
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,062 Posts
    Thank you very much RedReaper, much appreciation here.

Thanks again!

Also thank you JDB for making the video and giving out the e2!
    Hey it's my chip though ;.;

Here's the original thread it came from: http://facepunch.com/threads/1057850
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1221
    August 2009
    1,152 Posts
    You know, that floppy person came here on Facepunch because he/she needed help from us.
    He comes here and asks a constructive question and what do you do?
    You push him/her away from the community by giving him/her an un-constructive answer.
    As well as your response to my request... I already tried looking on youtube, but the tutorials I found weren't very good or what I was looking for.
    I have no aversion to helping people, but stupid questions get stupid answers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1222
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    hello sestze. your link in garrysmod.org is deleted? why? I dont think it violated some terms and whatnot.

Edited:

by the way, gamer paddy. thanks for the creative illustration. it reallly helped me. I think I will finish this airplane of mine, but when I smart welded a already welded thing, it spazzed out -_- goddamnit Im such a dumbass

23. Post #1223
    August 2008
    92 Posts
    Fuck smartwelding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Switzerland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1224
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    Fuck smartwelding
    smartwelding is the future
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

25. Post #1225
    March 2009
    351 Posts
    hello sestze. your link in garrysmod.org is deleted? why? I dont think it violated some terms and whatnot.

Edited:

by the way, gamer paddy. thanks for the creative illustration. it reallly helped me. I think I will finish this airplane of mine, but when I smart welded a already welded thing, it spazzed out -_- goddamnit Im such a dumbass
    Parent-tool my friend :)
    Every Static part of your vehicle (chassis, and accessoires) can be parented to a "Main-Plate"

P.S. 6 Seconds after the Video ends, my car flip over and server crashed -.-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

26. Post #1226
    August 2011
    157 Posts
    My new project going on. I call it the "Rentage". It is gonna use my new "Opposed V8".

It is about 200~ props by now, which is good for me. I think I got some nice curves over there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1227

July 2008
    850 Posts
    vroom vroom 81mph with twin 1.5l

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

28. Post #1228
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,102 Posts
    Hey it's my chip though ;.;

Here's the original thread it came from: http://facepunch.com/threads/1057850
    Fixed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

29. Post #1229
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,613 Posts
    trying to build a ford mustang. it paid off that I used 5 hours on the front because it looks relatively clean for ~100 props.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1230
    November 2005
    511 Posts

^ that's me when I look at Jackpodys WIP.

To not make any OT here is WIP... car made by BBOOBBYY!.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

31. Post #1231
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,984 Posts
    Note that the hydraulic control was made by Frankess :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

32. Post #1232
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    vroom vroom 81mph with twin 1.5l

looks like the inside of my truck.

treads are holo. They don't flip out anymore [SUB]cuz unrezt is helpful like that.[/SUB] A lot of armor & ammo, four passengers, top speed...no. So deliciously interwar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

33. Post #1233

October 2011
    281 Posts
    MEGAPOST

ACF Reload Time Finder

No timers, no fuckery, no guesswork. Wack in the variables and it computes reload time and also gives you half and quarter variables for sequential fire e2's.

code:
    Code:
    @name Reload Time Finder
    @inputs 
    @outputs ReloadTime HalfReload QuarterReload
    @persist RoundVolume FrAera
    @trigger 
    #INSTRUCTIONS
    #For RoFmod, go to the URL below
    #http://acf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/lua/ACF/Shared/ACFGunList.lua 
    #You will also find magazine reload times(in seconds) and magazine sizes there
    #Edit the Variables below
    RoundLength = 55
    Caliber = 50
    RoFmod = 0.8

#Leave stuff below alone
    #-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-#

interval(100)

HalfReload = ReloadTime / 2
    QuarterReload = ReloadTime / 4

PGRoFmod = 1

ReloadTime = ((RoundVolume/500)^0.60)*RoFmod*PGRoFmod + 0.01

RoundVolume = FrAera * (RoundLength*7.9/1000)

FrAera= 3.1416 * (Caliber/2)^2 

if(first()){hint("Reload Time Finder by Iwancoppa",5)
    hint("Instructions are in the Expression",5)
    timer("init",1000)}

if(clk("init")){stoptimer("init"), 
    hint("Reload time: " + ReloadTime:toString(),10)
    hint("Half Reload time: " + HalfReload:toString(),10)
    hint("Quarter Reload time: " + QuarterReload:toString(),10)
    }
    Also, M813 Assault gun.

105mm Howitzer
    20ton
    Co-axial .50cal
    Small and Hard to hit
    Coop'd with Phoenixcruzer

also, This is a pic of the old version, Pod is not in gun anymore.

I said it was Small. This is a person next to it.

Aaannndd Halftrack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #1234
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    I saw that cute td earlier.

35. Post #1235
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    trying to build a ford mustang. it paid off that I used 5 hours on the front because it looks relatively clean for ~100 props.
    looks nice, here's a few pics of my old mustang for inspiration or sth

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #1236
    JDB
    July 2007
    2,849 Posts
    Floppy, E2 is a phrase short for "expression 2". It's an in-game scripting language which works through wiremod which basically, in a nutshell, makes a wiremod computer and at the same time lets you apply force to an object. It does anything you can do with thrusters or wheels, and lets you create much more complex contraptions.
    If you go over to wiremod.com they have a number of good tutorials which, if you watch enough, you'll eventually pick it up with some trial and error. Released copies of code for various contraptions are also useful, as you can see how various people come up with solutions to complex problems. For a quick reference guide that even experienced players use, look here: http://wiki.wiremod.com/wiki/Expression_2

There is a good tutorial very recently done by a forum member here.

my sexy voice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1237
    August 2011
    157 Posts
    I progressed.The rear is getting a better shape :

About 260 props by now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1238
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,613 Posts
    Looking pretty nice. You think we could have a shot from the front again though?

Also I progressed a bit on my Mustang. It's a bit prop messy at the moment because I just want to get an overview of it at the moment.

It's like a billion props mashed together. God I need to fix the front.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1239
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    looking good, mate. it reminds me of sabre or clover car in gta:sa :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #1240

October 2011
    281 Posts
    Because two ton tankettes are awesome, I made M637 Tetra.

14.5mm Machinegun
    1.6l Diesel
    4-20mm armor
    Front stops 12.7mm and 14.5mm tracer
    Side/top/rear stops 7.62mm

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)