1. Post #1401
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,959 Posts
    Dat map
    I want it.
    FFFUCK PAGEKING NO CONTENT HANG ON

Declaring this a WIP, because the bolter needs some details and I'll be re-doing the armor to look like actual spehs mahreen thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner x 4Funny x 2Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #1402
    November 2009
    2,100 Posts
    Gm_Somebuttes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1403
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    880 Posts
    Gonna be making a racecar if such a thing can exist in Gmod.
    Suspension works well and has low centre of mass.
    Not much to look at right now.
    Nice!

Two VERY important things to use: LUA wheel and loads of precision.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #1404

April 2012
    55 Posts
    I could use somone giving me a tutorial on how to do suspension and I really need a chip for vehicle control for ACF. I tend to be on GGG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #1405
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,609 Posts
    I could use somone giving me a tutorial on how to do suspension and I really need a chip for vehicle control for ACF. I tend to be on GGG.
    oh my god I even got the title changed but fuck that I guess. read the title next time, man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #1406

April 2012
    55 Posts
    oh my god I even got the title changed but fuck that I guess. read the title next time, man.
    I can't search anything so I can't really get to any tutorial pages unless I search forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1407
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,609 Posts
    I can't search anything so I can't really get to any tutorial pages unless I search forever.
    go to the first post of this thread.. that's what I said. I don't think you need to search to find the first post (and if you do, you need glasses). I may be coming off as an arse but I got the title changed and I hoped for it actually working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #1408

April 2012
    55 Posts
    go to the first post of this thread.. that's what I said. I don't think you need to search to find the first post (and if you do, you need glasses). I may be coming off as an arse but I got the title changed and I hoped for it actually working.
    I'm a bit of a derp. Sorry for screwing with the actual subject of this thread.

Edited:

i made an apache submarine!

Lol I saw this the other day. I tried to fly it but some prop protection I think prevented me. Great work. (Saw it on GGG)

9. Post #1409
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    ACF only just started doing that to me, where it seems that the clutch engages and disengages at an interval depending on what gear I'm in. I never used to have this problem, but now I do and it's hella annoying. Guess that's what you get for usinga Beta addon
    reverse ratios will cause such problems if you use them through linked gearboxes. if you run a reverse gear through the last linked gearbox (ie engine > main gearbox > transfer case), it will work. do this for clutch and brake too. i haven't tested this but i'm fairly sure it will work.

as for the autclutch, haven't really had a problem. just takes a bit of effort to get something working right. to be honest, the best way to move stuff with acf is to go engine > trans > drivewheel and then adv bs that to the real wheels.

TGI is going to do some work for us now that kaf gave up on acf. stay tuned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #1410

April 2012
    55 Posts
    New thing working on but I can't post any pictures. Can't pull them from Garrysmod folder and I don't have any picture support.
    I can't belive Facepunch won't let me just pull a file in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #1411
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,534 Posts
    reverse ratios will cause such problems if you use them through linked gearboxes. if you run a reverse gear through the last linked gearbox (ie engine > main gearbox > transfer case), it will work. do this for clutch and brake too. i haven't tested this but i'm fairly sure it will work.

as for the autclutch, haven't really had a problem. just takes a bit of effort to get something working right. to be honest, the best way to move stuff with acf is to go engine > trans > drivewheel and then adv bs that to the real wheels.
    I'm going straight from my engine to a transaxle. It seems that the engine hiccups in first and second gear, but after I hit about 25mph everything settles down. Rather strange behavior, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #1412
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    Yes, it's boxy. Why? Because its destructible and I dont want it to be too complex and laggy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1413
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,534 Posts
    I think it's funny that it has a BMW emblem despite being so boxy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1414
    March 2007
    40 Posts
    I'm going straight from my engine to a transaxle. It seems that the engine hiccups in first and second gear, but after I hit about 25mph everything settles down. Rather strange behavior, really.
    Finally, someone gets the problem i've been having all along.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #1415
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,959 Posts
    Gm_Somebuttes
    /want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1416
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,534 Posts
    Finally, someone gets the problem i've been having all along.
    Which is strange because I never used to have the problem. Makes me think it's an addon confliction, but I haven't installed any addons recently. ffff

17. Post #1417
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Finished. Runs at 8fps, which is fucking FLYING for EGP, cuz unessential shit changes twice a second if they need changing. Unfinished. Floats in water, using E2 not bouyancy tool. Abandoned. First thing to use a true weldparented hull, with multiple base props. 2.75t with 20-25mm armor. Uses a 38t inspired suspension which needs to be dropped about a foot to be not terrible. Can't steer right in low gear because of the FUCKING OVERRUN CLUTCHES, and governing the engine does not fix the problem. Gonna release those tracks soon, they don't run many ops (100-200) and have multiple skins/sizes. They're fucking easy as shit to use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

18. Post #1418
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    880 Posts
    Quote: RedReaper

Damn dem overrun clutches, they are one part of why I don't like using ACF Mobility, the other part is that it spazzes on low gear ratios.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1419
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    Once again. His frakking post is right above your frakking post. Why the frakk nearly everyone quotes person above? Stop doing that you toster frakkers.

Back to the topic: Great HUD, RedReaper. Have you tried making that on GPU instead of EGP? It's quite harder, but on the other hand much less FPS eating (with low refresh ratio of course).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #1420
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    880 Posts
    Quote Frankess:

You must be new here...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

21. Post #1421
    December 2011
    57 Posts
    I usually try not to mess with the transfer case and differential, mainly because they tend to cause more problems than what they could potentially solve. Also, low gear ratios and and engine with a low rpm powerband do not mix, I get a whole lot of lurching and jumping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1422
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    Frankess profile posted:
    Join Date 1st November 2005
    Yeah.

To stop idiotic-offtopic which I made, here you got an early WIP of my VTOL. It's so early that I have not started building that yet! So here is an oil painting of that:

Bell X-22
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1423
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,959 Posts
    Quote Frankess:

You must be new here...
    Ey! Respect 'yor elders ya whippersnapper!

But yeah, Frankess is right. Quoting posts right above you is annoying as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1424
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,509 Posts
    Back to the topic: Great HUD, RedReaper. Have you tried making that on GPU instead of EGP? It's quite harder, but on the other hand much less FPS eating (with low refresh ratio of course).
    Huh, and I thought GPU was an entirely forgotten art.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #1425
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    It is, kind of. Year passed since I used GPU last time. Now coding in it is much easier when there are libraries and "#include" function.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

26. Post #1426
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,509 Posts
    I still use HL-ZASM just to feel old-school. That, and the lower file sizes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #1427
    Dennab
    June 2008
    106 Posts
    Got bored and started mucking with the offroad wheels. This happened....

also the wing is deliberatly oversized
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #1428
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    After I asked about ACF combat rules, everybody ignored me (thanks).

So what is allowed?
    1 Stuffing ammo in big blocks?
    2 Surrounding ammo with armor plates?
    3 Stuffing engines inside each other? (seen on a couple of servers)
    4 Stuffing gearboxes inside each other?
    5 Using any pod? (by the way jeep, airboat and couple other seats have bigger ACF hit models than physical models)
    6 Stuffing pod inside block?
    7 Surrounding pod with armor plates?
    8 Using holo stuffing inside tanks (other machines) to hide exact ammo location?
    9001 Anything else?

Of course ammo stacking inside each other is not allowed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

29. Post #1429
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    880 Posts
    Ey! Respect 'yor elders ya whippersnapper!

But yeah, Frankess is right. Quoting posts right above you is annoying as fuck.
    Alright, I do apologize. And I did not see the join date.

I have however been monitoring these WIP threads since early 2011 and I think that without the quotes it's practically impossible to separate one answer to the next.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

30. Post #1430
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,959 Posts

Soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #1431
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts

So what is allowed?
    1 Stuffing ammo in big blocks? No.
    2 Surrounding ammo with armor plates? Yes and recommended.
    3 Stuffing engines inside each other? (seen on a couple of servers) Use common sense. Putting two inlines together at the flywheel so it looks like flat engine, or stacking radials with a slight overlap so they look like a big radial, is ok. Stacking 8 turbines with 1mm offset is not.
    4 Stuffing gearboxes inside each other? No.
    5 Using any pod? (by the way jeep, airboat and couple other seats have bigger ACF hit models than physical models) Use ACF pilot and driver pods, the prisoner pod, or the larger office chair.
    6 Stuffing pod inside block? Yes and no. Putting a pod inside a light block or a turret master, like to guard against spall and stray MG rounds/fragments, is ok. Just slapping 5 tons around it isn't.
    7 Surrounding pod with armor plates? Yes, and recommended.
    8 Using holo stuffing inside tanks (other machines) to hide exact ammo location? Not sure what you mean.
    9001 Anything else?

Generally use common sense. I.e., If my base prop is a 1x3x025 long phx block, and my ammo crate is a 3x4x05, then putting the bottom of it in my base prop, even though it's a block, is ok. I'm not just stuffing hte entire thing in it. Or if you have a thin ammo crate that looks like it's going out the side because of the stupid latch lip things on the side of the model, yeah nudging it like 5% into another just for aesthetics is ok. Or like usually people don't like if you have a gun overlapping in its elevation/traverse with your pod, either, but if your vehicle is a 5-ton, and it's a machine gun, and only the rear, then it's ok. Generally speaking, just use common sense and think about realism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #1432
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,902 Posts

So what is allowed?
    1 Stuffing ammo in big blocks?
    2 Surrounding ammo with armor plates?
    3 Stuffing engines inside each other? (seen on a couple of servers)
    4 Stuffing gearboxes inside each other?
    5 Using any pod? (by the way jeep, airboat and couple other seats have bigger ACF hit models than physical models)
    6 Stuffing pod inside block?
    7 Surrounding pod with armor plates?
    8 Using holo stuffing inside tanks (other machines) to hide exact ammo location?
    9001 Anything else?

I would say A: Don't crash the server and B: Don't lag the server. That's the ruleset I go by. I don't really care one way or the other how other people set their ACf shit up. I don't care if the ammo and pod are inside 50K blocks, I don't care if they stacked six 203mm guns in the space one takes up, I don't care if they put 8 23L V12s in a single car. It's their car not mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #1433

February 2012
    42 Posts
    what are these grey blocks that some of the models are created out of? the tiled, grey blocks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #1434
    May 2011
    283 Posts

Other jet

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #1435
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    those are mighty sexy planes. How are you getting so much egp to run?

36. Post #1436
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,902 Posts
    what are these grey blocks that some of the models are created out of? the tiled, grey blocks
    They're vanilla props. Look in your spawn menu under Useful Construction Props and Specialized Construction Props.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #1437
    May 2011
    283 Posts
    those are mighty sexy planes. How are you getting so much egp to run?
    My friend made them before I learned a lot of my EGP. They're only about 50-200 ops each. The screen with the vertical box is a simple EGP. All it is is just a few colored boxes with a small line that will display the current amount of power. The other one displays the armament of the jet. It shows how much ammo there is for each weapon as well as which weapon is currently selected. It's all pretty simple and we were able to fly three at a time without problem.

38. Post #1438

March 2011
    37 Posts
    So this is an old WIP i dug up, first thing i did was add some canisters and barrels for a little detail, then remake the supports to the rotors... Next up is to make the body look nice. But anyways, here's the 149 Dragonfly.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #1439
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    Yeah.

To stop idiotic-offtopic which I made, here you got an early WIP of my VTOL. It's so early that I have not started building that yet! So here is an oil painting of that:

Bell X-22

Ohh, its on.

'bout time I tackle a fin only VTOL anyway, I know James beat me to the punch with a fin only osprey, but eh, it must be done.

40. Post #1440
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    they're only about 50-200 ops each...it's all pretty simple

that's more than the amount of ops on some of my entire contraptions.

Edited:

Ohh, its on.

'bout time I tackle a fin only VTOL anyway, I know James beat me to the punch with a fin only osprey, but eh, it must be done.
    I made a tilting rotor heli with fin and an acf radial. We really need more turbines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)