1. Post #1561
    August 2009
    1,112 Posts
    Anyone have any good video tutorials for mouse-aimed turrets? I'm a bit disjointed with my efforts to use numpad and wheel powered methods.
    I posted an E2 (with comments explaining how it works) a few pages back.

Edit: well shit...uhhh, here, have half a bird.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1562
    April 2007
    7 Posts
    Here's a couple of tanks I've built over the past couple of weeks. First a Panzer II, second a WWII German looking tank of my own design.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

3. Post #1563
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,813 Posts
    also yes the 6.5l sound is awful

i am yet to find a better one
    I'm sure someone with a healthy cummins Dodge will be more than happy to rev at ya while you run a mic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #1564

August 2010
    12 Posts
    Finally finished my T90 with a better turret,more ammos and a decent T90 hull

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #1565
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Finally finished my T90 with a better turret,more ammos and a decent T90 hull
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1566
    Dennab
    June 2008
    106 Posts
    Light Tank

75mm howie firing HE rounds, dual 5 litre diesel v8's, 17 tonnes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #1567
    May 2011
    862 Posts
    Needs more boats.

This thread needs em.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #1568
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    Anyone else have issues with linking two engines to a single gearbox? Every time I do I seem to get a massive hp drop. One engine basically drags the other along.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #1569
    August 2011
    157 Posts
    Anyone else have issues with linking two engines to a single gearbox? Every time I do I seem to get a massive hp drop. One engine basically drags the other along.
    I do too. But mine doesn't even wanna move until i unlink it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #1570
    Dennab
    June 2008
    106 Posts
    sure your not overwhelming the gearbox?. i have no problems using two engines with one gearbox just gotta make sure it can handle the torque
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #1571
    August 2009
    1,112 Posts
    I added some new wheels to the offroad wheel pack, if anyone is interested.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=130689
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Useful Useful x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #1572
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,813 Posts
    ooooh, those look great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1573
    July 2010
    74 Posts
    Progress:

It still lacks interior and front lamps. Also I need some help with making acf engine powered cars go fast cause I'm crap at those. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

14. Post #1574
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,489 Posts
    Just use stock gear settings on a 6-speed transaxle, but change the final drive from 0.5 to 0.25 or so. Couple with an engine between the 2.2l Inline 6 and the 5.7l V8, and you'll be hitting 90mph in no time, though I think those small wheels can only get to around 65 or so.

Anyways, I can promise that the above works, you just need to know how to work the clutch right so you can get the engine into its powerband before exposing it to the rest of the drivetrain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #1575
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,813 Posts
    I usually either run out of power or encounter insane wheelspin at ~35-40MPH. So far my ACF speed record is 50 using a 9L V12, fully custom gears, 7-speeds, and 4WD. Any faster than that and it just bogs down, remove the 4WD and it just spins the wheels hopelessly through all seven gears.

Edited:

sure your not overwhelming the gearbox?. i have no problems using two engines with one gearbox just gotta make sure it can handle the torque
    I've never had that problem, but sometimes I think the autoclutch gets confused. I'll use two 11l radials on a Large gearbox most of the time when I use two engines on one. Usually one engine pulls just fine 24/7, but the other engine will occasionally either forget to rev at all or will rev like mad as if the clutch was in. Usually kicking the clutch fixes it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #1576
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts
    I posted an E2 (with comments explaining how it works) a few pages back.

Edit: well shit...uhhh, here, have half a bird.

Missing turret, missing treads, missing tank, -3/10.

Kidding, that's fucking incredible. Are you planning on animating it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #1577
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    said many times that multi engine doesnt work lol

18. Post #1578
    August 2009
    1,112 Posts
    Missing turret, missing treads, missing tank, -3/10.

Kidding, that's fucking incredible. Are you planning on animating it?
    I haven't worked on it in a while, but here is what I have...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

19. Post #1579
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts
    Quadruple fucking incredible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #1580

July 2008
    850 Posts
    more logs
    40 tons worth of them

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #1581
    November 2009
    2,016 Posts
    Canadian Tanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #1582

February 2010
    40 Posts
    Okay, so I'm working on some sort of small biplane right now, and I'm having some trouble. I have high aspect ratio blades on my propeller (platex125), with fin set to 200, and I'm not getting very much thrust at all; it is enough to move the plane forward, but not very fast. I'm also having problems with counter torque from the propeller trying to spin the rest of the plane in the opposite direction. How can I fix these problems?

Here's an image for reference.

Also, in case it is relevant, that is a 24L radial going through a medium diff with -0.15 for the main gear and 1 for the final. Also, the propeller model is just for looks, I don't have it trying to do anything.

23. Post #1583

July 2008
    850 Posts
    Set each blade to around 10kg, and the propeller base to 150kg-200kg. Fin efficiency should be 99999/tool maximum. There's really no way effective way to counter torque other than applyMagic or an extra propeller
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1584

August 2010
    12 Posts
    New tankette lol, weight around 4.5 tons

Now with a powerfull engine too !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1585
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    I haven't worked on it in a while, but here is what I have...

Been considering making a seagull somewhat like this

26. Post #1586
    May 2011
    862 Posts

I told you fools... needs...more...BOATS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1587
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts

Originally intended to be armed with ammocrate bombs, but measures seem to have been taken against such weapons, not that they worked anyway. New plan is to use a 50mm AL on a gimbal to snipe tanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #1588
    March 2008
    4,435 Posts
    Not mine, but I figured you'd all be interested in seeing Generic Default's latest contraption after about two years of absence.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

29. Post #1589
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,062 Posts
    another helicopter style contraption with the same cockpit as always? I'm absolutely shocked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #1590
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    it's not a looker, that's for sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

31. Post #1591
    August 2009
    1,112 Posts
    Most his contraptions look like they are stuck in 2008. I like the 'strafing mode' (the mouse one) controls on that one though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #1592
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,916 Posts
    Ditched the helicopter project, since I can't make shit fly properly.

Because there's nothing wrong with 140mm AL tank destroyers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #1593
    Dennab
    June 2008
    106 Posts
    that looks like a modified tumbler
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1594
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    CDF-40

I'm not sure if it's worth finishing or not.

Edited:

Ditched the helicopter project, since I can't make shit fly properly.

Because there's nothing wrong with 140mm AL tank destroyers.
    puttputtputtboomputtputtputt?

Edited:

we need higher horsepower engines. Like the largest engine caps out at what, 760hp? That's like mid-cold-war medium tank engine, and the model is massive. We need engines that put out twice that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #1595
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,916 Posts
    Two words: Ship engines.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #1596
    May 2011
    862 Posts

Anyone got any advice on how to make this submarine work? I'm clueless... the only thing I could think of is set buoyancy so it JUST floats and then wire weights to control ballast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1597
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    Somehow for me they are working fine lol

4 engines from 0 to 60 Km/h 7 seconds (with armors and stuff)
    2 ----//---- 13 seconds
    1 ----//---- more than 30 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

38. Post #1598
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,367 Posts
    we need higher horsepower engines. Like the largest engine caps out at what, 760hp? That's like mid-cold-war medium tank engine, and the model is massive. We need engines that put out twice that.
    I want this too very much, even proper performance engines for cars too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1599
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    873 Posts
    Just wanted to say I will not be able to make any new videos for a while in the time before I
    reformat my computer. My fraps installer have by some means become unable to install fraps
    at all and so I'm unable to record anything.

My plans for when I reformat are a suspension tut, some contraptions and other stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

40. Post #1600

January 2012
    704 Posts
    I want this too very much, even proper performance engines for cars too.
    ACF has a mobility list, its a easy file to edit, if you want you can add the engines you want to it. I agree ACF needs much more capable engines than the current engines which are better off being used as stovetops....but with the right gearing they work kinda well depending on the engine. 7 Liter V12 is probably the best motor in ACF and the 4.6L V12, 3.7L I4, 23L V12, and the 9.2L V12 diesel are probably the best of the engines if you have an unedited mobility list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)