1. Post #1681
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    comic sans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1682
    Dennab
    June 2008
    106 Posts
    Top level laundry cart engineering

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1683
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    trying to get in more small motors for shit like that, i've got winston modelling a vtwin motor and shit. i'll probably bring back the 1l or something too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #1684
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,151 Posts
    got winston modelling a vtwin motor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #1685
    May 2011
    3 Posts
    I would post my shit here but everyone else would blow it out of the water with there awesome stuff lol and besides i cant use ACF i get the to E2 part and im totally lost :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #1686
    August 2009
    1,128 Posts
    ^Why post that...?

Post your stuff anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1687
    May 2011
    3 Posts
    To tell everyone there stuff is awesome... and i plan on but it will take some time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

8. Post #1688
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,359 Posts
    Top level laundry cart engineering

what map is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #1689
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,406 Posts
    it's car construct.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1690
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,463 Posts
    where is the like official info page for acf, i dont remember any of this magazine stuff and heard about autloaders or soemthig
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #1691
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    there was a wiki, but it died. I gotta write a new one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #1692
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,463 Posts
    HOLY FUCK MISSLES AND AUTOLOADERS WHAT HAVE I MISSED ASGYFKAOFGAPWFUAHPWODH
    i just joined novrogod and saw

13. Post #1693
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    missile code is in right now, but they aren't finished. they don't function yet. but they will soon :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #1694
    JDB
    July 2007
    2,846 Posts
    missile
    oieghadhg;aldg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1695
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,295 Posts
    I still want aircraft parts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #1696
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    I know it's not really related, but whatevs...were lolling on dongden at this a few days ago.

In the original clip it fires like 20 rounds, and hits once. Fail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1697
    July 2006
    135 Posts
    So I have not played gmod for years and holy shit a lot has changed. I remember when ACF was just a thing on the GGG servers with only basic guns and ammo... Engines!?

Going through the thread, I see mentions of visclip... What is this? Can't find any tutorials on YouTube or wire forums...

Edit: where has my post count gone? O.o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

18. Post #1698
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    oh shit it's archer :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1699

May 2010
    9 Posts
    Jet.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #1700
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    looks okay, you should sweep the wings back a tad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #1701
    April 2011
    301 Posts
    as much as i love the engines that are already in ACF, i would like to see V6's, V10's or even one cylinder engines. also i find that karbine's sound pack he made forever ago makes awesome replacements for the stock sounds. :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #1702
    July 2006
    135 Posts
    oh shit it's archer :D
    :D It's good to see familiar faces (and old join dates)...

Been trying to handle this new ACF gear thing, but holy crap it is screwing my mind. Where are some good tutorials on how to use the trasmission system and all, besides the original ACF thread that tells you how to link up stuff? IE: How in christ do I use differentials or whatever?

Also, I saw some automatic transmission E2 posted much much earlier in the thread. Something about a Hi-Lo differential being needed but oh god I suck at anything engineering related and can't figure out how to wire this stuff up. I feel dumb...

Last quick question: I saw something about high-aspect propeller blades. Is that a specific model or some kind of prop layout that you just build?

Two years of gmod leave will leave you

23. Post #1703
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    :D It's good to see familiar faces (and old join dates)...

Been trying to handle this new ACF gear thing, but holy crap it is screwing my mind. Where are some good tutorials on how to use the trasmission system and all, besides the original ACF thread that tells you how to link up stuff? IE: How in christ do I use differentials or whatever?

Also, I saw some automatic transmission E2 posted much much earlier in the thread. Something about a Hi-Lo differential being needed but oh god I suck at anything engineering related and can't figure out how to wire this stuff up. I feel dumb...

Last quick question: I saw something about high-aspect propeller blades. Is that a specific model or some kind of prop layout that you just build?

Two years of gmod leave will leave you
    Prop layout. Phoenix discovered that a high aspect ratio and negative sweep greatly improves the efficiency of fin based propellers. This left us with bar prop blades bowed slightly forward relative to the shaft. Aspect ratio is the ratio of length to chord, so a high aspect ratio blade is long and thin. Using these, we have achieved speeds notably over 100 kph with ACF and fin powered aircraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #1704
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    ugh this AD2 framerate drain is making gmod unplayable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1705
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    880 Posts
    Why is it that EVERY tool in the game now takes 5 seconds to load?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

26. Post #1706
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    4,959 Posts
    Because Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #1707
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts

Edited:

for those of you freezing from AD2, it freezes because derma doesn't load all of the folders fast enough. Rename your advdupe2 save folder so it will have less to load. once ad2's loaded all the folders, it will stop lagging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #1708
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    880 Posts

Edited:

for those of you freezing from AD2, it freezes because derma doesn't load all of the folders fast enough. Rename your advdupe2 save folder so it will have less to load. once ad2's loaded all the folders, it will stop lagging.
    Did you make those wheels with E2? Those are awesome!

29. Post #1709
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    they are props

30. Post #1710
    December 2011
    57 Posts

Edited:

Is this some Rat Rod/bucker race/sleeper? Looks pretty nice!

31. Post #1711
    June 2012
    599 Posts
    P51 with floating hydraulic ailerons, elevator, and rudder. Retracts for the gear and powered by a ACF inline I forget (not shown in picture) BTW this picture is in a map im making.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #1712
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    Is this some Rat Rod/bucker race/sleeper? Looks pretty nice!
    For me it looks more like WW2 USSR armored car from BA series
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1713
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts

:>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

34. Post #1714
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    880 Posts
    they are props
    how did you "crop" the wheels on the inside?

35. Post #1715
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    P51 with floating hydraulic ailerons, elevator, and rudder. Retracts for the gear and powered by a ACF inline I forget (not shown in picture) BTW this picture is in a map im making.

P-51 used a V12. I recommend stacking i6's side by side though. This has to be the first ACF powered airplane with a smaller engine than that in the real one. We've come a long way from the P-25-250 with twin v8s to the DH-88 with very similar engines to the real one to actually being able to under-power our air frames relative to the real ones and have them preform just fine.

Also I suggest seeing if you can find a relatively neutral but not necessarily grey matte texture. Textures that are even slightly busy will flash, but there are a few that still offer some surface without flashing. Grey matte textures look a bit unnatural. Otherwise, that looks damn good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1716
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,008 Posts
    Oh man ACF has changed a lot since I last used it.
    Hnnng missiles are being re-added.
    Okay now I really want to make some kind of aircraft, time to learn how to not suck at building!
    (aka copying you guys?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #1717
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    ... time to learn how to not suck at building!
    (aka copying you guys?)
    Join a server, watch tutorials in OP, be creative, try and fail, repeat last step 20 times, ask other for help.

Coping other also helps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

38. Post #1718
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,008 Posts
    Join a server, watch tutorials in OP, be creative, try and fail, repeat last step 20 times, ask other for help.

Coping other also helps.
    Thing is I know how to build, it's just I can never make something look the way I want it to and as a result never finish anything ever :s
    Being a perfectionist is a curse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #1719
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    Thing is I know how to build, it's just I can never make something look the way I want it to and as a result never finish anything ever :s
    Being a perfectionist is a curse.
    Lower your standards or try and fail, repeat till acceptable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

40. Post #1720
    June 2012
    599 Posts
    P-51 used a V12. I recommend stacking i6's side by side though. This has to be the first ACF powered airplane with a smaller engine than that in the real one. We've come a long way from the P-25-250 with twin v8s to the DH-88 with very similar engines to the real one to actually being able to under-power our air frames relative to the real ones and have them preform just fine.

Also I suggest seeing if you can find a relatively neutral but not necessarily grey matte texture. Textures that are even slightly busy will flash, but there are a few that still offer some surface without flashing. Grey matte textures look a bit unnatural. Otherwise, that looks damn good.
    How come we have never met? :P I always love to meet new aviation enthusiasts like myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)