1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    Smaller American semi WIP. 112 props. That means I have roughly 88 props to make a trailer for it, awesome.

Edited:

Do these colours look good for it?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #162
    November 2011
    4,769 Posts
    protip: if you hit the prop limit and you still need to add a few props, turn them into magnets

fucking magnets how do they work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    If your employer started giving you great health benefits on top of your current wages, you'd be pretty happy. if, after a few months, he randomly took it away because it was causing instability, you'd be pretty pissed.
    your employer all along should have been giving you health benefits (or your government). Not having them is a disservice. And we should have all along not had to have our contraptions go to pot because our duper was a pile of shit. Again, having contraptions fall apart upon duping has cost gmod a lot of good builders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    protip: if you hit the prop limit and you still need to add a few props, turn them into magnets
    Yeah, but I don't keep my stuff to about 200 props because of proplimits but due to RSO. So turning stuff into magnets will allow me to 'exploit' myself around the proplimit but not the RSO cap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    October 2008
    1,446 Posts
    Damn great job Jack!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    JDB
    July 2007
    2,854 Posts
    just as warning, sestze's on the warpath and something is conflicting with AD2 on GGG. he's going to remove it. something is causing AD2 to cause server instability.

this problem is only so exacerbated on GGG, too.

(he thinks AD1 is perfect and works fine)
    Cool because I like redoing all my constraints all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #167
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    885 Posts
    Smaller American semi WIP. 112 props. That means I have roughly 88 props to make a trailer for it, awesome.

Edited:

Do these colours look good for it?

Colour is fine, but I would not recommend the material you are using.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

8. Post #168
    October 2008
    1,446 Posts
    Guys, I have the ACF installed and figured out how to make the engines work with gearboxes and stuff.
    Is there anyone willing to help me with expression? As it's totally black magic to me and I would like to create simple cars and tanks with the ACF.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    fuck, I just screwed up all the wiring I did on the truck. forgot to make a constraint between the control panel with all the wiring on to the truck. it's gone. fuck.

Edited:

Truck is finished but turned out to be relatively ugly. Will post pictures later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    Are you tired of looking at all these boring shapes of tanks with one barrel? Don't like small pack of crewmen? Mother russia has a solution just for you! Why you play with one turret tanks when you can have FIVE at once!

T-35! Five turret tank operated by eleven crewmen and it only weights 45 tons!

Why would you play with one turret when you can have FIVE at once! Drown your enemy in the lead! Fire at him from every gun you can point at him! Make your comrades proud!

Before using this tank please talk with your doctor about modern russia or read recpie, if you can find any. This tank can be a danger for your life especially while fighting against german tanks. It's impossible to run from a enemy because it moves 30 km per hour and turning takes about 30 minutes. While being inside, cover yourself with additional personal armor like food cans, shovels and wood, because the armor is 20mm thin. Also try not to shoot your engine while operating turret on the back
    All I need to do now is make all these turrets be operational.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #171

April 2011
    33 Posts

"Before using this tank please talk with your doctor about modern russia or read recpie, if you can find any. This tank can be a danger for your life especially while fighting against german tanks. It's impossible to run from a enemy because it moves 30 km per hour and turning takes about 30 minutes. While being inside, cover yourself with additional personal armor like food cans, shovels and wood, because the armor is 20mm thin. Also try not to shoot your engine while operating turret on the back" - Frankness

My new Tiger AUSF E tank, soon to be riding in the fields of the server "The Kill Box"

Shall first see service in:
    "Battle of the brittain"
    An event on the 10th of March wich invites everyone with an ACF build tank to fight on the server against eachother, TANKS only ofcourse.
    I myself, Vindicator will be commanding the Africa Corps with the tiger, good luck!

"panzerlied inserted while this crazy german WWII builder walks back into his hangar"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    Why? AD1 was used over 2? 3 years? More? Has GGG servers died during these years? No. Furthermore you can spawn with AD2 thing saved in AD1.
    that's like saying humankind got by with primitive medicine, and mankind didn't die out from it, why not go back to it?

Edited:

To reiterate what i posted in gmod disc; sestze's removed AD2.

To clarify, sestze nor anyone else (including TB) has found any evidence linking AD2 to GGG's instability and "breaking over time."

TB tried to help and sestze went off on him, too.

RIP ggg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    He told me he wants to test running the server without it, which to be honest I would as well. Not really any way to diagnose the issue without trying to isolate it. In the name of community solidarity we ought to give some benefit-of-the-doubt towards GGG and keep at least some combat over there, I'm not going to leave it entirely.

14. Post #174
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    i would have no issue testing it if someone like kaf or foran was doing it, but it's sestze we're talking about. he'll keep ad2 off just out of spite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,607 Posts
    Watch as Sestze goes off on a tirade and drives everyone away, thus killing off the last decent GMod building community.

I called it first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    Sestze could you please post your own opinion on these happenings before anybody here gets ahead of themselves with anything they say or do. I'd like to try and moderate this dispute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,062 Posts
    Oh I did it entirely out of spite. Completely. Utterly.

Man you guys are such children about it. Please don't tell me what I can and can't do, especially if I'm trying to do something that'll help this shit work better.

Since removal, we've had all four servers up for seven hours with no crashes. After those six hours, we haven't run into any of the bugs we were facing with pasting certain contraptions, nor has E2 broken on any of the servers. All in all, it's pretty damning evidence towards AD2 if I can leave the server alone and not have any issues with it. This is a Sunday, from 3 PM to 10 PM PST, too. Pretty good hours.

Oh and if you tell me that it's because "ALL THE GOOD PLAYERS HAVE LEFT UR SERVER TO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE U DERP", good. If your shit's crashing us, I don't want you here either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb x 8Informative x 2Funny x 2Agree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    I've been using AD2 plenty and never had an issue with my e2. My E2s fucked up on GGG way before AD2 was added anyway; the server's never been totally stable, probably due to the various modifications over the years and the simple fact that gmod is an inherently unstable system thanks to garry's asshattery. I've never heard of this issue on any other server, and most servers with wire now have AD2 (I think it might be included with wire). This should isolate any issues to something else. If not, well, either way you have the community, the people who your server caters to, who your server depends on in order to not be empty, except for one scatmanmech, collectively shaking their heads in disappointment. It seems yet again admin drama has claimed another server.

tl;dr. I am disappointed. I thought you were more sensible. Now I guess I'm gonna have to go to whatever that other server posted was with the tank battle event named after an air battle or something.

19. Post #179
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    "Schrödinger's Headcrab: A headcrab, along with a flask containing a poison and a radioactive source, is placed in a sealed box. If an internal Geiger counter detects radiation, the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the headcrab. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the headcrab is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when we look in the box, we see the headcrab either alive or dead, not both alive and dead."

The box:

Headcrab was dead in this case:

E2 code for anyone who wants to replicate it :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic x 7Funny x 4Informative x 2Winner x 2Zing x 1Late x 1Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,062 Posts
    'Sup, checking back in to say no crashes in 18 hours or so. AD2 is an abortion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    November 2011
    4,769 Posts
    i was once on my friend's server that had AD2 but for some reason he told me to not use it. maybe it was causing his server to crash as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

22. Post #182
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    'Sup, checking back in to say no crashes in 18 hours or so. AD2 is an abortion.
    Weird how it varies between servers — Another friend of mine similarly had a number of bugs and crashes caused by ADV2, yet another friend has had it for over a month by now without any problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

23. Post #183
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    ad2 isn't the problem, something on ggg is causing it to crash the server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

24. Post #184

April 2011
    33 Posts
    Amplar and all the other GGG players, lets keep this all on-topic. I saw another topic about this so it might be wise to go there instead to discuss this and keep this topic to the WIP's. Just saying?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,490 Posts
    is there actually any good EU build servers? I prefer not playing with a ~200 ping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    January 2012
    481 Posts
    Hydraulic watermelon cannon

Usefulness: 0%
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Optimistic x 4Winner x 2Agree x 1Dumb x 1Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts

vrewm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    sestze said i'm no longer welcome on GGG because i told him to remove all the other addons to improve stability

he removed me too lmao

best part, no other servers are having the AD2 crashing problems :V

Edited:

btw sestze thinks it's a myth that everyone thinks he's an asshole

RIP ggg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 9Winner x 2Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    593 Posts
    sestze said i'm no longer welcome on GGG because i told him to remove all the other addons to improve stability

he removed me too lmao

best part, no other servers are having the AD2 crashing problems :V

Edited:

btw sestze thinks it's a myth that everyone thinks he's an asshole

RIP ggg
    i stopped playing on ggg a long time ago due to sestze.

he's a big headed pompous faggot with little man syndrome, it got old rather fast.

he removed me too lmao
    well, whatever makes him feel important.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,117 Posts
    -snip-

This business about GGG continues here instead.

At uni, and I'll need to hassle to get my dupe2's back so no continued WIP hatchback from me. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    November 2011
    4,769 Posts
    looks like a p. fast lawnmower
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    47mph lawnmower
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,290 Posts
    What i've been working on since last evening, a 6-wheeled robotic rover with independent suspension, the mechanics and wiring are nearly done, at least the most complicated part is as well, the robotic arm mounted in the front:

Stowed position

Deploying

Fully deployed

Business end, utilizes a wire grabber and user

What the wire panel looks like so far

To do: Add an imaging mast on the top that can be rotated using the left and right mouse button
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

34. Post #194
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,040 Posts
    rovers are cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Quality over quantity.
    August 2010
    885 Posts
    is there actually any good EU build servers? I prefer not playing with a ~200 ping.
    I play on a relatively good server, low ping but unfortunately not as powerful as it should be.

PM me for the ip.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

36. Post #196
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    Space indavers is a good one, but I think they've changed the name. Ask gibbo about it.

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,635 Posts
    Something I made for a small competition, you had to use 75 props as maximum. This is 74, I believe.

Tall arse!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,490 Posts
    you make me feel like a retard, I can't even build an ugly car that works.

I tried to build something today that wasn't an 8 or 4 wheeled plate and I just failed so hard.. it was a boxy piece of scrap and it'd just fall apart when I duped it.. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,817 Posts
    Still cant think of anything to build... Phoenix and I are going to coop on a De Havilland DH-89 but now he's building a car...

I'll come up with something shortly

40. Post #200
    November 2005
    511 Posts

Finished! 46 tons, five turrets, 30km/h, 10* per minute and large amount of the Russia. It has two seats, one for a driver, one for a gunner. There is a chip which controls which turret can shoot (so turrets wont waste ammo when the target is not on their side).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)